Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,933 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

You have any that you have been reviewing to sell premium on this week? I had been leaning more towards deep ITM leaps but selling premium at these levels is pretty attractive even if you get assigned.

I like leaps. I'm just not convinced the downside is over. I also want to book gains with this so everyone can see progress. If we loaded $10K on leaps we would probably make money but then we would have to hold through vol and wait a long time.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Irish 2.0
$30,000 Millionaire said:

What are everyone's opinions on $ARKK?

Woods has too much worthless **** in it and TSLA is still holding its water
OutlawAG04
Coin was pretty nice premium for a little over a week. What are the ideal targets? ATM naked puts a week at a time at what kind of return? I do this weekly on a number of stocks so I'm curious what kinda premium you are targeting on weeklies. Would love to contribute to the process.
Brewmaster
AG

What are everyone's opinions on $ARKK?
ARKK probably gets a bounce this week. TSLA won't keep selling from these levels IMO (and is a good chunk of ARKK I think).
SARK is interesting too, the ARKK short.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm probably going to let it expire or get close. Coin tends to hold onto premium until the end. Post ideas obviously. I am going to buy commons of certain stocks too. Options are just one tool.
OutlawAG04
TTD, RBLX, NVDA are a few I have been watching. Full disclosure I have already positioned into leaps on all of these in addition to commons.

I like $DIS at this level but you don't get great premium. Have leaps and commons on this as well. That being said, selling the $138 put for a weekly 2.1% return isn't bad considering Disney was at this level pre Covid.

I consider anything you can get 2% or greater return on naked puts or buy/write a pretty decent mark but curious what others think. Obviously the technicals need to line up but I don't mind getting assigned shares if I know I can play the wheel on a good company.
BaylorSpineGuy
Is this more of a growth or value account?

BHP pays $8 dividend per share annually (divided into two $4 dividends per year). Next one is March, I think. The ideal entry was in November around $52ish, but dividends alone make this stock attractive.

When it rolls back around, I'm gonna add some.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will buy long term holds with profits
ProgN
OutlawAG04 said:

TTD, RBLX, NVDA are a few I have been watching. Full disclosure I have already positioned into leaps on all of these in addition to commons.

I like $DIS at this level but you don't get great premium. Have leaps and commons on this as well. That being said, selling the $138 put for a weekly 2.1% return isn't bad considering Disney was at this level pre Covid.

I consider anything you can get 2% or greater return on naked puts or buy/write a pretty decent mark but curious what others think. Obviously the technicals need to line up but I don't mind getting assigned shares if I know I can play the wheel on a good company.
Add MRVL to your list. I'm buying it too. I believe you'll SHBM by Q4.
agdaddy04
AG
SHBM?
OutlawAG04
Should have bought more
agdaddy04
AG
Dang. Thanks
OutlawAG04
Adding to my list to watch this week. Haven't done a lot of research on this one, but what have been the main drivers for this going so high since Covid?

You had CZR on your list as well, right?
ProgN
OutlawAG04 said:

Adding to my list to watch this week. Haven't done a lot of research on this one, but what have been the main drivers for this going so high since Covid?

You had CZR on your list as well, right?
Yes, MRVL is a chip maker with an excellent management team. Look at their past earnings, they grow every qtr. They're not as volatile, have been around a longtime and I think it's easily a 50% return in 1 yr from their current level.
agdaddy04
AG
AustinAg, would it be a good time to get in NN or can you even say anything?
BaylorSpineGuy
Somehow blow money?
Irish 2.0
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Somehow blow money?

I like blow and money! Sign me up!!
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Somehow blow money?

I like blow and money! Sign me up!!
Philip J Fry
AG
Late night update for me. Here are my top 20 US Equities. Looks like there are some new names on the list. I'll have to dig into the code tomorrow to understand what, if anything, has changed.

I've identified a handful of stocks that look like relative simple moves.

TMFT, BBW, RRC, and WEAT look like relatively safe plays. Again, my strategy is to find stocks with MACD buy signals, low RSIs, and trading above the 120ema line for quick +20% profits. ELF also looks promising, but violates my ema139 rule. Better to trade with the trend than against, imho.

Speaking of the 120EMA, I thought it would be interesting to tally the number of stocks through the year that are trading above the 120EMA. I'll try to download more data tomorrow so I can calculate the 120 earlier in the year.

There's a pretty clear channel that's formed and it looks like we are due for a run up. Expecting the market to continue bouncing back based on this, but by no means are we out of this bear run.
BrokeAssAggie
a lot of big names this week

gougler08
AG
Well pretty easy to see that the market is going to follow earnings this week
austinAG90
AG
Curve Flattening as Big Banks Up Fed Rate Calls...Bostic... Month End

Big Banks upped their calls for the number of rate hikes over the weekend... Goldman, JPM, and Wells all went to 5.. Bank America went to 7... And Rafael Bostic, in an FT interview, had a headline that said the Fed could go 50 in March... Although if you read the article, his base case is 3 rate hikes of 25 this year, very different from the headline... Similar to Powell non comments last week trying to leave optionality on the table... The WIRP on BB went from 4.75 hikes in 2022 on Friday to 4.95 today, effectively 5... We remain in the camp that Powell is still a Dove in Wolf's clothing, and will likely not do more than 4... But there are outliers calling for 50 in March (Nomura) and some talking 75... We do not see that happening...

There are two markets this week, the end of the month today and the outlook for the rest of the week... Big Boys in equities are getting more bearish and some scared... Goldman's Kostin is worrying that his 5100 S+P End of Year level is looking too aggressive... Morgan Stanley's Wilson, the bear of the last few years, is doubling down on his call of S+P 4000... Now lets go to today.

Overnight treasuries flattened and the 10 year Bund, the last remnant of negative rates in the 10 year sector, is back to zero. The front end of the treasury curve responded to the call of additional rate hikes from the big banks mentioned above... No records were hit, but the 2/10 and 2/30 flattened further... The forward 2 year 2/30's inverted, but cash is still well positive...10 years hovered in a range of 1.77-1.80... If the long end continues to stay in a range, partly on the theory that the Fed is trying to overcompensate for not moving last year, and could potentially send the economy into a recession, than maybe long rates will be more range bound than the market thinks... This is not our call, but that is out there... An old partner of mine from 20 years ago, sent a message Friday that said Kashkari made the following comment last week

Kashkari wisdom... seems he said that he is comforted by the fact the long end is supported, suggesting "seeing long yields it seems we are not that far away from neutral". We could not find the quote anywhere so take it with a grain of salt... But if the long end stays stable than would a 2% 2 year send the economy into recession?... Not likely...

Equities were range bond overnight,,, they just started to head towards their lows with S+P down 20 points...But with S+P down 7% this month and Russell 2000 and Nasdaq down 12% this month, respectively, coupled with the US aggregate of bonds down a little over 2% this month, we WOULD EXPECT TO SEE A BIG REALLOCATION FROM BONDS TO STOCKS TODAY, BEING THE END OF THE MONTH... So today may not be a good indication of how the week ends...

Employment numbers become more important this week as that is now the Powell backbone justification as to how high he can raise rates... If he sees problems in the employment picture, he could balk about raising aggressively... Wrightson points out that the BLS will introduce new population controls derived from the 2020 Census... This will affect the seasonal's and could alter the numbers ... Meanwhile Atlanta First quarter GDP is either side of zero, well off the fourth quarter of 6.9% of last week... Powell focuses on Jolts data, which comes out tomorrow...Barron's has an article saying that Covid skews the Jolts data..."Vaccine mandates, along with associated firings for not getting vaccinated and Omicron related absenteeism , all combine to skew Jolts data..".

Rates...10 year has been in 1.70-1.90...currently 1.80... 2 years are above 1.20, with our near term objective of 1.31... 5 years are holding in , refusing to break 1.70... And keeping the 5/30 curve honest for now in the mid 40's... There has been a massive about of 5/30 flattening trades put on in the futures space...we have support at 35... And resistance at 58...

Credit... Corporate spreads have been widening and issuance has been off.. We expect 20-25 billion to come to market this week, but that could either soar to higher numbers or reverse...Our friend Lisa Abramowicz of BB wrote an article that we will forward shortly "Credit Traders Lack Edge in Fed's New Regime"... Interesting...starts off with "Credit traders are accustomed to being regarded as the smartest in the market's room."... We like that because our day job is trading credit...She goes on to say that credit spreads are below what the highs were for junk bonds in 2021...we disagree using the CDX HY index which broke through the highs of 2021 and to the highs of late 2020.. Given the widening today to 348, we see the next support level on the charts of about 410... So the widening has begun, but buying continues... But our trading desk still thinks there is fear in the liquidity of the corporate bond market... As we have said over the last 5 years, big banks have taken away balance sheet and VAR from trading desks due to the Fed and their manipulation of rates...it will take some time and profits for it to return...

Expect another very choppy week... We would like to say the worst of equity trading is behind this, but not until we see some light at the end of the tunnel of fear... Have a good week...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't really love where we will open. Time to wait for trend to present itself.
Irish 2.0

Feels like this is as close to a flat open as we've had in awhile
Spoony Love
AG
Show yourself Trend. Uncertainty in the market? High volatility?
Ranger222
AG
Feel like everyone went into the weekend too bullish. We mainly stalled last week, let declining moving averages catch up, and are now re-testing the 200 day and failing. Bear case just as much on the table as the bull case. Gotta be neutral minded and let the market make its mind before you make yours or it'll cost you in between
Touchless
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Feels like this is as close to a flat open as we've had in awhile
Probably because I bought a strangle expecting some sort of volatility after the weekend.
SF2004
AG
Is there a charting service where I can set alerts on charts?

For example I want to know when the hourly chart has an RSI of >65 or <35?

I have tried the filters on bar chart but the choices I have are 5-day or 14-day.
slacker00
AG
tradingview has a good alert system
ProgN
Not saying it's gonna happen but with CTXS going private they'll drop out of the S&P 500. ROKU should be a candidate to replace them and if that happens then you all know what that means.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K account

BTO 1 NVDA 250C @2.36

Stop loss 1.5
BrokeAssAggie
$356.85 is my resistance on the Qs.
Talon2DSO
AG
Expiration?
BrokeAssAggie
Talon2DSO said:

Expiration?
2/4
First Page Last Page
Page 4944 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.