Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,292 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Max Stonetrail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Max Stonetrail said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

WDC beat earnings and then dropped 15%. I just bought 100 shares to see if this gets the MSFT treatment.
not a ton of volume..
I am guess this is reaction to perceived slowing demand with people going back to the office? It's only 3:24 so guessing they haven't had a call yet to explain anything.

It's all about guidance these days...
https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/western-digital-earnings-revenue-beat-in-q2-2750983

"Looking ahead, the company guided fiscal Q3 earnings and revenue below Wall Street estimates."
Chef Elko
AG
We need you Apple. We need you to save the world!
ProgN
Ags2013 said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Don't try bottom picking in this market

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.
I sure hope you're right. I started a position in PLTR shares a couple of days ago as well as added to DIS, FUBO and SQ.

I'm in FUBO, PLTR & I like DIS. You won't have your current feeling of doubt by June.

I hate SQ for personal reasons. I hate Jack and I'd be happy if he and Zuck were in the same plane and it smashed into a mountain.
Max Stonetrail
Bob Knights Liver said:

WDC beat earnings and then dropped 15%. I just bought 100 shares to see if this gets the MSFT treatment.
You might get a dead cat bounce, but this stock is not going to perform well going forward. I looked at their chart for the last year. It is not MSFT.

I see it ticked up. I personally would take the current bounce.
Dan Scott
AG
AAPL killed it
sts7049
AG
LMCane
DIS is I think just dropping below 52 week lows this week.

I have been buying a share just about every day the last few weeks.

at some point, as long as the planet doesn't blow up in 9 years (thanks Leo DeCaprio!) you have to think Disney can come back from a year low.
BrokeAssAggie
eeer body buying new phones with that covid money Brandon was handing out.
planoaggie123
AG
Will be interesting....Q1 and Q2 could drop for a lot of companies when refunds are lower due to child credit prepayments in 2021 and people going "oh crap, I usually get $4K but now owe $500" and having to stop that "free spending"....might see people drop subscriptions, etc.
MRB10
AG
With the cognitive issues, how long does it take for the buy guy to forget his name isn't Brandon?
BrokeAssAggie
Fruit to $170?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
apple killed earnings.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold the WDC for 4.4% profit. Wheee! Family obligations here at 4:00.
Dan Scott
AG
Both Apple and Tesla said chip shortage issues are slowing down
Irish 2.0
Call me the antagonist in the HOOD hate, but I would not be shocked to see HOOD go green tomorrow or at least reclaim a lot of this ER drop. ~$8B MC while producing ~$1.5B in revenue. It never deserved to trade to $83, but I think they're a prime takeover candidate.
agdaddy04
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Fruit to $170?

Sure looks that way. Missed getting my order in for $160.
ProgN
Max Stonetrail said:

LMCane said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Don't try bottom picking in this market

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.

I'm 51 and not ever going to get into the day trading puts and options and call game.

I buy and hold.

and this January has been fantastic for me. Every day I am adding to my decliners- some at one year lows now. so tempted on Tesla but I already have 10 shares and instead I'm going with ETF heavy on TSLA such as IYW.

been adding to my NVIDIA, Enphase, Intel, ARKG, ARKW, T, Disney, Emerson, and a crap ton of ETF sector funds for market and sector (mostly tech) but even a bit in the SPY and IWM for Russell
For a lot of us, this is a trading account. My retirement and money that I "need" is not on this roulette wheel, although some of my posts mix them in.

I am curious about your TSLA comment and being in IYW. I looked at their holdings and see what I am guessing are warrants issued through Blackrock that make up 0.09% of the ETF, at least on that report. Maybe they are marking it incredibly low to market (which I am not sure if that kind of sandbagging is even legal but it is Blackrock)? But it certainly doesn't look TSLA heavy.

In doing this, I looked at several indices and tech ETFs. They are ALL mostly comprised of FAANG + MSFT + TSLA (except IYW). You would have more exposure to TSLA on the QQQs.

Not singling you out but so many people here should focus on positions and not **** with options. Learn to pick your stocks and entry/exit prices then you'll fire your advisor when you're ready because you'll grow your retirement more than any of them could. JMO.

If I piss anyone off, then you should know by now that IDGAF. Everyone in here should learn to control their futures because no one in here is a f'ing moron.
Talon2DSO
AG
It would suck if fruit rockets overnight then comes back down to earth tomorrow. I have 160c that will be great....when the market opens up again.
Ccutamu
AG 2000' said:

One of the McInnises is the resident artist here... you trying to take their job?
Irish 2.0
You can short it against your calls to lock in profits
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Atlassian also seems to have done well (TEAM). no surprise . I didn't read their results.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Talon2DSO said:

It would suck if fruit rockets overnight then comes back down to earth tomorrow. I have 160c that will be great....when the market opens up again.
I would short it here like Irish said. Guaranteed profit.
mazag08
AG
AAPL needs to clear $168 for me to feel decently comfortable that it's not coming back down.
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

eeer body buying new phones with that covid money Brandon was handing out.

I bought my girlfriend the latest iPhone for Christmas. This takes us back to my early morning post about marriage, dating, etc. we always pay for it in then end.
McInnis 03
AG
AAPL gonna try and carry everyone by itself..... which tells me they should cancel their conference call now because nothing good can come of that lol
mazag08
AG
You can draw a trendline from the AAPL Jan 4 top, to the Jan 12 top, to the AH spike today.

Need to break through that point or else downward trend could hold.

Ignore my gobblygook fib nonsense.

BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie
Fruit Puts at the open tomorrow
Spoony Love
AG
That's amazing. I think we can all read between the lines. LGB

This thing is going to drop hard tomorrow if not overnight.

I would even bet that it stays relatively quiet overnight just to create a real frenzy at the open. Everyone will be frothing over some puts.
FTAG 2000
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Uh oh.
Irish 2.0
BrokeAssAggie said:

I'd be careful. AAPL is the master of under promising and over delivering. Look at what they did when they tried to temper expectations leading into this ER.

They said this 30mins ago and they're still up almost 5%
SF2004
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Dunno if I would do that. I was close to loading this afternoon just because the market has been punishing earnings in general. Would have been wrong.

Apple is just a strong company that can outlast a lot of issues and still grow.
JP_Losman
AG
Classic AAPL.

Boom there she goes
mazag08
AG
JP_Losman said:

Classic AAPL.

Boom there she goes
Broke the trendline
Bobaloo
AAPL…Best company on the planet.
First Page Last Page
Page 4933 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.