Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,636 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by EnronAg
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
she wants to go, hit the damn buy button algos.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Dan Scott
AG
What do yall think about a straddle for tomorrow. I could see SPY at 440 and 420.
SF2004
AG
Keep posting... if you saw my account right now you wouldn't feel like a genius.

I am slowly working my way out of some long positions and trying to minimize losses.

I too have kept getting bearish as this goes on... thought 420ish was bottom with consolidating at $430.

I now think we might have a date with $400DPY.
Max Stonetrail
LMCane said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Don't try bottom picking in this market

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.

I'm 51 and not ever going to get into the day trading puts and options and call game.

I buy and hold.

and this January has been fantastic for me. Every day I am adding to my decliners- some at one year lows now. so tempted on Tesla but I already have 10 shares and instead I'm going with ETF heavy on TSLA such as IYW.

been adding to my NVIDIA, Enphase, Intel, ARKG, ARKW, T, Disney, Emerson, and a crap ton of ETF sector funds for market and sector (mostly tech) but even a bit in the SPY and IWM for Russell
For a lot of us, this is a trading account. My retirement and money that I "need" is not on this roulette wheel, although some of my posts mix them in.

I am curious about your TSLA comment and being in IYW. I looked at their holdings and see what I am guessing are warrants issued through Blackrock that make up 0.09% of the ETF, at least on that report. Maybe they are marking it incredibly low to market (which I am not sure if that kind of sandbagging is even legal but it is Blackrock)? But it certainly doesn't look TSLA heavy.

In doing this, I looked at several indices and tech ETFs. They are ALL mostly comprised of FAANG + MSFT + TSLA (except IYW). You would have more exposure to TSLA on the QQQs.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

she wants to go, hit the damn buy button algos.
It does seem like volatility could take the day off tomorrow. Usually these pushes over 30 are met with a retreat and markets rally.
FTAG 2000
AG
Feel like the last couple of times big boys fell hard going into earnings, they beat and went up.

AAPL feels like that right now. Down 13% this month and accelerating down into earnings.

I bought some puts earlier this week but will be selling before the close.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Dan Scott said:

What do yall think about a straddle for tomorrow. I could see SPY at 440 and 420.

What's your estimated break even prices on either side? Do you think it gets there tomorrow or do you think MMs pause to eat theta before returning to crush dreams?
Spoony Love
AG
That's not a bad thought if we settle close to $430.

I may write this down and see what it looks like in the morning.
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

AAPL is being a tough cookie. I can see 5-waves down if I want to on the 5m chart. That usually indicates the bottom of a "c" wave which is the last leg of a correction. But trying to figure out just where that correction fits in.. is it part of a bigger correction? Is it the end and the bottom? Is at a tiny correction in a leading diagonal to start a long term bullish cycle up? Honestly... it could be any. We just have to let it play out.

I could be wrong. But I don't like the current structure and will not be playing earnings, especially with this much overall market weakness (we aren't in just a general phase here.. this is dirty, nasty, ugly diagonal whipsaw).

I would play AAPL at your own risk. Sorry I can't provide more guidance.
I avoided it directly, IV looks high both call and put side...but I decided to play a strangle on SPY instead. If AAPL moves, SPY will. Not lottos, but went with verticals (both ways, put / call) out to next week), just out of the money.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Spoony Love said:

Are you thinking of a strangle instead of a straddle? Or am I?
Spoony Love
AG
What's the difference?

I'm just thinking pick the winner and let the loser go quickly. I did that right before the big drop today and it worked out.
Talon2DSO
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Spoony Love said:

Are you thinking of a strangle instead of a straddle? Or am I?

Difference is being married or just starting to date.

Dan Scott
AG
nevermind as I was strategizing the market popped and prices are now off balance
wanderer
Obeying some lines today (SPY)
FTAG 2000
AG
Definitely agree that the market is going to swing based on AAPL earnings. Is there a good play out there based off that? Even the straddle pricing and R/R look crappy.
Talon2DSO
AG
wanderer said:

Obeying some lines today (SPY)

Pretty clean
sts7049
AG
i'm in on some AAPL lotto calls for earnings
Dan Scott
AG
no play for me. Hopefully AAPL tanks the market and go heavy calls tomorrow morning
Paradise Ag
AG

Anybody old enough to remember when the market would occasionally end a day green?

Good times.
Dan Scott
AG
Whew glad I stayed away from HOOD. I was trying to bottom fish that one. It's valuation is now about 20% below the last private market valuation before IPO
FTAG 2000
AG
Agsquatch
AG
Dan Scott said:

Whew glad I stayed away from HOOD. I was trying to bottom fish that one. It's valuation is now about 20% below the last private market valuation before IPO
they offered to hire me but wanted to know what my "preferred pronouns" are. doomed company.
Dan Scott
AG
Quote:

Average Revenues Per User (ARPU) for the quarter decreased 39% to $64 on an annualized basis, compared with $106 in the fourth quarter of 2020. The decrease was primarily related to lower trading volumes per user for options and equities and lower interest earnings per user from securities lending due to declines in market rates earned on loaned securities, partially offset by higher trading volumes per user for cryptocurrencies. ARPU for the year decreased 5% to $103, compared with $109 for the year ended December 31, 2020. On a sequential basis, ARPU remained consistent compared with the quarter ended September 30, 2021
FTAG 2000
AG
Dan Scott said:

CEO cashed out as soon as he could sell shares.
FTAG 2000
AG
Damn. WDC beats across the board but down 15% AH.
LMCane
Max Stonetrail said:

LMCane said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Don't try bottom picking in this market

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.

I'm 51 and not ever going to get into the day trading puts and options and call game.

I buy and hold.

and this January has been fantastic for me. Every day I am adding to my decliners- some at one year lows now. so tempted on Tesla but I already have 10 shares and instead I'm going with ETF heavy on TSLA such as IYW.

been adding to my NVIDIA, Enphase, Intel, ARKG, ARKW, T, Disney, Emerson, and a crap ton of ETF sector funds for market and sector (mostly tech) but even a bit in the SPY and IWM for Russell
For a lot of us, this is a trading account. My retirement and money that I "need" is not on this roulette wheel, although some of my posts mix them in.

I am curious about your TSLA comment and being in IYW. I looked at their holdings and see what I am guessing are warrants issued through Blackrock that make up 0.09% of the ETF, at least on that report. Maybe they are marking it incredibly low to market (which I am not sure if that kind of sandbagging is even legal but it is Blackrock)? But it certainly doesn't look TSLA heavy.

In doing this, I looked at several indices and tech ETFs. They are ALL mostly comprised of FAANG + MSFT + TSLA (except IYW). You would have more exposure to TSLA on the QQQs.

correct, I have a lot of QQQ and probably 6 ETFs which have exposure to TSLA
also big into the FAANGS

my largest positions are ONEQ, DIA, SPY, QQQ but the last month have been putting thousands into individual stocks that have been pounded down in the last quarter
LMCane
AG 2000' said:

AAPL is going to be decisive for tomorrow
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WDC beat earnings and then dropped 15%. I just bought 100 shares to see if this gets the MSFT treatment.
FTAG 2000
AG
LMCane said:

AG 2000' said:

AAPL is going to be decisive for tomorrow market direction for Q1.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

WDC beat earnings and then dropped 15%. I just bought 100 shares to see if this gets the MSFT treatment.
not a ton of volume..
Agsquatch
AG
Spoony Love
AG
AAPL may very well be decisive for Q1, but I think we are already seeing clues from these earnings happening currently. Even though they are beating, the drops are coming from guidance for the remainder of the year.

Maybe everyone is overvalued and we know it.
Dan Scott
AG
Robinhood active users dropped from high of 21.3M in 2Q to 17.3M in 4Q

Total account values dropped from 102B to 98B. Has to be closer to 80B now.
Max Stonetrail
BrokeAssAggie said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

not a ton of volume..
I am guess this is reaction to perceived slowing demand with people going back to the office? It's only 3:24 so guessing they haven't had a call yet to explain anything.

It's all about guidance these days...
jj9000
AG
The Market vs. Retail

First Page Last Page
Page 4932 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.