Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,661 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
cjo03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Challenge accepted. Gimme 5

i almost see batman's ears on the chart above your post.
McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Lastly regarding using DIX or dark pool trades as a leading indicator - the biggest of positions are traded as swaps. So it's all fugazi.
Nice to have you more actively posting again.
He comes out of the cave when **** hits the fan. I nominate we change his name to Batman.
Someone here can create the Daniel bat signal like someone did the OA bat signal awhile back.
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY and Qs on a short bounce.
McInnis 03
AG
Touchless said:

Question on trailing stops. I have one runner left on a call for tomorrow and want to do a trailing stop. Do y'all do a trailing stop or trailing stop limit? Also, what do you use as the Link and Order? Market/Ask/Bid/Last? If I do a regular stop limit, I tend to use Last as the trigger.

I tend to set my stops on the ask and then make a judgement call from there
FTAG 2000
AG
Touchless said:

Question on trailing stops. I have one runner left on a call for tomorrow and want to do a trailing stop. Do y'all do a trailing stop or trailing stop limit? Also, what do you use as the Link and Order? Market/Ask/Bid/Last? If I do a regular stop limit, I tend to use Last as the trigger.

I set trailing stop based off of last ask.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Lastly regarding using DIX or dark pool trades as a leading indicator - the biggest of positions are traded as swaps. So it's all fugazi.
Nice to have you more actively posting again.
He comes out of the cave when **** hits the fan. I nominate we change his name to Batman.
Someone here can create the Daniel bat signal like someone did the OA bat signal awhile back.

That'll work
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

Don't get suckered into it.
wanderer
Spoony Love
AG
ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

Don't get suckered into it.
Somebody wanted in my $415P. Open interest went up hugely during that bounce up. Also the $420P went high as well.
Touchless
AG
So to make sure I understand this correctly. If I enter it as shown below, assuming it peaked at $2.75, when the last execution price hits $2.00, it will trigger it to sell at the current ask price? And if it's falling quickly, it would end up selling at maybe $1.90 or even a little below there if it's really falling quick? If it's a steady decline when it's triggered, it will likely settle right around the $2.00 range +/- a few cents.

Talon2DSO
AG
I was thinking it's another opportunity to get a discounted put for tomorrow.
BrokeAssAggie
you guys do quick work!
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

Right thinking. I thought you were wanting to go long.
FTAG 2000
AG
What do we think about ASO? It's being dropped like everything else. Earnings seem to be their only catalyst, which aren't until early March.

Feels like they continue down. I've got 36ish and 34ish as next support levels, then down to 30.
Talon2DSO
AG
ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

Right thinking. I thought you were wanting to go long.

Efffff no! Lol not for a bit. I'm waiting for everything to go on sale.
Spoony Love
AG
Somebody missed the $415P SPY memo that went out so they are going to run it one more time, then hang on.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Most of the action in the markets happens in a few weeks a year. During smooth sailing there is not much need to act.
SF2004
AG
Considering $AAPL puts, maybe the $155P tomorrow?

If I buy these then earnings will crush... just watch.
jj9000
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Market goes up .5% daily for infinity.

Aggiedaniel:

Market tanks with volatility.

Aggiedaniel:

Max Stonetrail
SF2004 said:

Considering $AAPL puts, maybe the $155P tomorrow?

If I buy these then earnings will crush... just watch.
Be careful here. Even in a down market like this, great companies with great earnings can buck the trend because money will flock to quality.
Max Stonetrail
Down pennant forming on SPY?
Spoony Love
AG
Bulls aren't letting this go below $430 right now, that is until closing hour really kicks in about 2:30.
jj9000
AG
I'm just glad TSLA is getting back down to a more reasonable 300 P/E ratio.

...also...fruit stock earnings might be the catalyst for a big move.
Agsquatch
AG
LMCane
ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Don't try bottom picking in this market

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.

I'm 51 and not ever going to get into the day trading puts and options and call game.

I buy and hold.

and this January has been fantastic for me. Every day I am adding to my decliners- some at one year lows now. so tempted on Tesla but I already have 10 shares and instead I'm going with ETF heavy on TSLA such as IYW.

been adding to my NVIDIA, Enphase, Intel, ARKG, ARKW, T, Disney, Emerson, and a crap ton of ETF sector funds for market and sector (mostly tech) but even a bit in the SPY and IWM for Russell
irish pete ag06
AG
DISCLAIMER... I'm an idiot who's done very little winning in the stock market the past 7 months...

But are we looking at SPY $350 at some time in the remote future?

Model T off the COVID lows and recents all time highs is 346 and it would push SPY back down to a trend line that dates back to 2011.

Yal please make fun of me here and tell me how dumb I am... just started zooming way out today and I'm wondering if the current economic climate can provide the juice to get it there.
Agsquatch
AG
LMCane said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.

I'm 51 and not ever going to get into the day trading puts and options and call game.

I buy and hold.

and this January has been fantastic for me. Every day I am adding to my decliners- some at one year lows now. so tempted on Tesla but I already have 10 shares and instead I'm going with ETF heavy on TSLA such as IYW.

been adding to my NVIDIA, Enphase, Intel, ARKG, ARKW, T, Disney, Emerson, and a crap ton of ETF sector funds for market and sector (mostly tech) but even a bit in the SPY and IWM for Russell
come on man, you could double your net worth tomorrow if you just try some of my SPY puts, maaaan. first one's free
Ags2013
AG
ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I sure hope you're right. I started a position in PLTR shares a couple of days ago as well as added to DIS, FUBO and SQ.
Saltyag15
AG
I hope you're wrong. But if that happens, I'm dumping my life into an S&P index fund.
austinAG90
AG
Was traveling earlier today but quick update......

Long End of the Treasury Curve on Fire...Flattening Continues

Long treasuries are the place to be...curve continues to flatten with the long bond better by 8.5 basis...5/30 are down to mid 40's...equities gave back all of their earlier gains.... One would think that with long rates staying in a 1.70-1.90 range for 10 years and 2-2.20 for long bonds, equities would be ok... But that does not seem to be the case... Both our muni desk and high yield desk are reporting outflows...munis seeing 1.4 billion of outflows coupled with HY seeing 2.8 billion of outflows in the latest week... Corporate spreads are heading wider..IG is out 2, but more importantly CDX HY has now broken out from its 342 wide earlier in the week to 346... Based on the breakout charts we can see it going to over 400...

The Fed wanted to tighten financial conditions... That is now happening... Moral suasion goes a long way when the Fed Chair intimates that multiple raises and balance sheet reductions are coming all year long...

Equities are now in BEAR MARKET TERRITORY FOR NYFANG AND RUSSELL 2000, Down 22% and 21% respectively... Nasdaq is getting close to Bear Market territory, down 17.5% and S+P just went into corrective territory at 10.3%... Nothing good to say here... No longer feels like a bottom....
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Saltyag15 said:

I hope you're wrong. But if that happens, I'm dumping my life into an S&P index fund.

Me too, here's my argument against that thesis: 350 March 2020 dollars is not the same as January 2022 dollars. How many trillion has been printed since then (not just usd but basically all the world currencies) ? Adjust accordingly and I'm with you
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'd like to see a rally into the close. not sure we get it though.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Spoony Love
AG
Any reason to rally? I'm not sure there is enough there to say we buy into close heavily. At least I am not.
Talon2DSO
AG
We're not here to make fun of you or anyone else. This is how we all learn. I don't know **** either but I appreciate very much how you are putting yourself out there so others can give you feedback. That's a tough thing to do and I admire that.
mazag08
AG
AAPL is being a tough cookie. I can see 5-waves down if I want to on the 5m chart. That usually indicates the bottom of a "c" wave which is the last leg of a correction. But trying to figure out just where that correction fits in.. is it part of a bigger correction? Is it the end and the bottom? Is at a tiny correction in a leading diagonal to start a long term bullish cycle up? Honestly... it could be any. We just have to let it play out.

I could be wrong. But I don't like the current structure and will not be playing earnings, especially with this much overall market weakness (we aren't in just a general phase here.. this is dirty, nasty, ugly diagonal whipsaw).

I would play AAPL at your own risk. Sorry I can't provide more guidance.
First Page Last Page
Page 4931 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.