Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,286 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Max Stonetrail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chiphijason said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Dan Scott said:

Elon bullish on self-driving vehicles. Says they could have a car end of this year and will be the future of Tesla.
I get it. Self driving vehicles are cool.

My question is, what roads are these vehicles going to drive on? I do not see how a self driving car could make it across Dallas. My normal commute is about 20 minutes within Dallas city limits, no freeways. I do not see with the terrible road conditions, construction and random obstacles how any of the current or even planned autonomous technology could make that drive.
This is true. Autonomous cars have what is called the physicality problem, that the data from sensors is too uncertain and dirty to allow them to function in anything but fairly ideal conditions. Anyone that has bee into Buffalo in winter will see that autonomous cars will not be useable in larger portions of the country for a large part of the year.

The only way that cars can be widely used autonomously in the near future is if we as a society decide that robot cars killing a few thousand people a year is acceptable because it is a statistically lower rate than human drivers. If cars are held to a no-failure rate, it will be many years before they become widespread.
That's a good point. I wasn't even considering the human cost. I was just neglecting that like friction in a Physics class.

I was more referencing I would be surprised if one could make it from Point A to Point B even on a nice spring day without breaking an axle or running into something. You are right about the northeast for most of the winter for sure. If traveling outside the city, I don't see how they could make it through the twists and turns in most of the construction zones I travel through.

I know this will come across extremely negative, but I have a hard time seeing autonomous vehicles being too much different from street cars or something like that, at least for individual transportation. I can see putting down pristine streets and routes, and monitoring them for obstacles and other problems that would interfere with the vehicles and their sensors. I heard someone talking about making dedicated lanes for things like autonomous freight between Dallas and Houston for example, and I was like "You mean like trains?". I mean, I guess you could do smaller, more ad hoc, on-demand shipments than hooking a hundred railcars up in a train.

I do not see individual ownership of cars changing that radically with autonomous vehicles. I will probably be proven totally wrong in 50-100 years.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Charismatic Megafauna said:

How about a dnn update? Uh...for a friend
Also ostk could be a good one

lobwedgephil
SQ, PYPL on watch.

aggiedaniel06
AG
The issue here is that as a Dem politician what is more important to your voter base - the price of the SPX or the price of sustenance? If the political think tanks advise them it's the former, I'm sure Biden will tell the Fed screw curbing inflation, market support is the mandate, and vice versa.
mazag08
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

mazag08 said:

terminedeHey everyone,

If anyone sees any value in it, feel free to post some stocks with earnings coming up that you might be interested playing. I'll let you know if I'm seeing a wave setup that is primed for a spike in one direction or another. If not, no biggie.
Hi Mazag,

How about AMD? Earnings Tuesday 2/1.
This one is tough.

It's not overly complicated from an EW perspective. The waves actually line up well. I could do a long post going over everything that's happened since it began and where I think we are (I ended up doing this.. sorry not sorry). But it would take me all night.

Long story short.. stocks like AMD are tough because they go parabolic. From 2015 to 2018 it was in the $0 - $35 range. Then it had a runup to the high $50's followed by the COVID dip down to the mid $30's. Easy. Happens to the best of them. But then it decided to get serious with the rest of the mega chip stocks and the supply shortages. Next was $93, then $120 (Where I thought it had topped... go back and search, I was big time wrong) and ultimately $160ish. When you go from $35 to $160 in the same time that you went from $0 to $35, there isn't a Fibonacci tool in the world that can help you.

Or is there?

See, one thing I've learned over the last 3-6 months is that 5th waves seem to really like to be the ones that get extended. Let me explain..

We know that price travels upward in 5 wave increments during impulses. We know that odd numbered waves subdivide into 5 wave structures. We know that even numbered waves subdivide in 3 wave structures. Cool. Well... with something like AMD... we had a perfect Wave (1) up and Wave (2) correction back down. You can see below the subwaves that prove the structure out. Notice the timeframe. And remember my numbering system and how it subdivides...

Grand Super Cycle - (I),(II),(III),(IV),(V)
Super Cycle - I,II,III,IV,V
Primary - (1),(2),(3),(4),(5)
Intermediate - 1,2,3,4,5
Minor - (i),(ii),(iii),(iv),(v)
minute - i,ii,iii,iv,v

We have expectations based on Fibonacci extensions of where waves will go. I've posted the pinball charts numerous times.. go back a couple of days or maybe a week and you can find them.

Since odd numbered waves subdivide into 5-wave structures (most of the time, we wont talk about the ones that don't right now), we can expect a fifth wave to take the shape of a five-wave structure. So with that said, notice where (4) is on this chart, which signifies the bottom of Wave (4) and the beginning of Wave (5).

Up until this point.. AMD had gotten extended by about 2-1/2 fib counts (which extends every subsequent wave by that same amount). It's still within reason though. Until..

This 5th wave extended way above the fib levels that a 5th wave should have. But if you draw your Fibonacci extension to the top of wave 1 of the 5th wave, and then down to the bottom of wave 2 within the 5th wave, you will see that while the overall 5th wave extended, the Fibonacci math is still working within it's own 5-wave structure.

All of this to say.. I really really think $164.46 was the 5th wave ultimate top after being super extended and we are headed down. How far is yet to be determined. After a wave 5 tops, that top becomes the Wave 1 of the next degree up. So in this case, that top became the top of Wave I. We are now searching for II (If you're confused, scroll up and look at my wave labeling legend). 2nd waves retreat to between 38% and 61% usually. As of right now, we are near 38% (dark red). But my guess is that we are merely bottoming in the "a" wave of a larger a-b-c structure where a=down, b=back up, and c=5 waves down.

So earnings are in a week. My guess is we are bottoming in the "a" wave and that earnings will act as a catalyst to start the "b" wave spike. You can see here that we already have 5 waves down starting at the top of wave "b". This could end up being ALL of the correction (all of wave II), and we could be heading back up.. but it feels too shallow to me. I would expect that this action has merely been the a-b-c structure within the larger "a" wave and that there is a "b" wave to be expected up, though short of ATH, and then a 5-wave "c" wave structure down until we bottom in II at either the 50% or 61% retracement level. And since chips are still in shortage, I would definitely expect surprises to the upside. Make sure you keep that in mind.

TLDR.. pay very close attention through next week. If we haven't started back up yet, I would expect earnings to act as our "b" wave catalyst. If we have started back up, then it would depend on which wave we are in within the "b" wave to know what earnings might do. Sometimes earnings do nothing. I'll follow up a week from now.

Edit: Though the last month has vindicated my "we need more weakness because most every stock and index is too extended up!!!!!!!" mantra, I have noticed that my errors usually come when I make calls to the downside. So if you want to try and play AMD, maybe keep it in the back of your mind that..

1. This is still a bull market. Surprises come to the upside
2. Mazag08 is maybe 3 years into this and is at best a 5 out of 10 on the EW scale of perfectness.
3. AMD is in an industry experiencing shortages and high demand. Again.. surprises should be expected upward.
Irish 2.0
Couldn't this put AFRM on watch too?
Engine10
AG
That's wild. Let others build out the technology and use cases, then just copy it and build it in. How far does that go? Does Apple build out a financial clearing house and just become the bank anyway?
Dan Scott
AG
4280 break
Brewmaster
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

The issue here is that as a Dem politician what is more important to your voter base - the price of the SPX or the price of sustenance? If the political think tanks advise them it's the former, I'm sure Biden will tell the Fed screw curbing inflation, market support is the mandate, and vice versa.
if sustenance was ever important they wouldn't have spent trillions like it didn't matter, but I see your points.

and welcome back! stay a while.
lobwedgephil
I don't know enough about AFRM, but thought they were more financing.
Irish 2.0
They are, but I'd read they were branching out. They've already got major deals with all the e-commerce companies, so I though another from "FAANG" could be in their realm of possibilities
mazag08
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

mazag08 said:

Hey everyone,

If anyone sees any value in it, feel free to post some stocks with earnings coming up that you might be interested playing. I'll let you know if I'm seeing a wave setup that is primed for a spike in one direction or another. If not, no biggie.

Thanks for offering this! The AMD that was previously asked for would be great. Also AMZN and SPOT would be dandy.
Gonna skip AMZN because I don't think it has earnings soon.

And I really don't want to write a lot after doing AMD.. so I'll just say.. I personally lean toward SPOT being near a bottom. But stocks like this have surprised me downward so many times, I wouldn't be willing to bet on it. I could make a case that it should close the gap at $122. I've got both gaps below and above (I only look at daily candle gaps). I do see a pretty clear 5-wave structure down which signifies a potential "c" wave bottom. But again.. not willing to bet on it. Would need to study the fundamentals and the charts a lot more. Maybe give me a couple days?

cptthunder
Has $ARMN been discussed here before? I cant remember it but if it has ill leave it be
Interesting twitter talk caught my eye
mazag08
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

How about a dnn update? Uh...for a friend
Also ostk could be a good one
Check out the discord. DNN updates galore and more to come.
mazag08
AG
BREwmaster said:

mazag08 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

mazag08 said:

Hey everyone,

Hi Mazag,

How about AMD? Earnings Tuesday 2/1.
On it
how about a value stock like F (since we seem to be in an anti growth anti tech market lately)
F reports 2/3 I believe
When OA tweeted this one I was surprised I had never charted it. Not once. So I tried. It's complicated. Remind me to follow up in a couple days. This one will need some time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just looked at my chart on Mint...

I had a higher NW on Aug 25 than I do today. Five months ago almost to the day.

Sigh. It's been a hell of a month.
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

Has $ARMN been discussed here before? I cant remember it but if it has ill leave it be
Interesting twitter talk caught my eye
On this note is there an easy way to search previous post here?
Irish 2.0
Not really. The idea was tossed around about adding something similar to Twitter with the "$" while back, but never got anywhere
Philip J Fry
AG
Google is probably easier than the texags search engine.
cptthunder
Philip J Fry said:

To the google I go then….
mazag08
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Pretty sure that's disparaging moderation.

5 years ban for you.
austinAG90
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

ProgN said:

Does anyone in here live in Austin or close by?
I live in north Austin (Avery Ranch)
username

Tarrytown
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see what the magic hands do at 2am. Night folks.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Philip J Fry
AG
Two stocks to watch:

TMST
BBW

Post removed:
by user
BaylorSpineGuy
https://www.newsweek.com/denmark-end-most-covid-restrictions-welcome-life-we-knew-before-1673373

When this happens in the US, it might spark a furious rally. Can't imagine our dictators, er leaders, would ever allow such freedom though.
BrokeAssAggie
Europe, Asia and Futures all red
Ragoo
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

barely. were down bigly overnight
ProgN
lobwedgephil said:

SQ, PYPL on watch.

BrokeAssAggie
Ragoo said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Green now. Should be another fun day to scalp!
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Ragoo said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Green now. Should be another fun day to scalp!
You're about to incur the wrath of Chief Warren if you keep appropriating her culture into your trades.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Went to bed and it was 1929, woke up and futures are green and working on the handle. Wild market.
BrokeAssAggie
Brent over $90/bbl
M4 Benelli
Can you kindly do CLF?

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some TA today.
BrokeAssAggie
$MUR increased dividend by 20%
First Page Last Page
Page 4925 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.