Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,829 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting that we couldn't even sniff green today after yesterday. Seriously, the NASDAQ printed a historic candle yesterday, and the only really positive thing that can be said about today is that we held a higher low. Hopefully tomorrow's Fed moves us in a positive direction, but I'm not making any bets until afterward.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

We are having the second upward back to back up-move in two days... Today the Dow has reversed 1000 points, the S+P 125, and the Nasdaq about 400, with markets giving some of that back in the last few minutes... This is in contrast to what the markets did last week, giving back two back to back massive gains and closing deep in negative territory... (1) This indicates to us, first the obvious, that buyers are coming in bottom fishing or with levels of which they want to buy... (2) But even more so we think it indicates that if the Fed is neutral or dovish to the expected Street expectation tomorrow, we think a risk rally could be significant... We will wait and see...
(1) Yep. That is me. And, it's difficult bottom fishing and missing buys by a penny or two. It's hard work.

(2) Yep. This afternoon I'm thinking the same thing. If the rocket takes off tomorrow, I'm loaded and ready to go.

austinAG90, I appreciate the work you do. Thanks for your posts.
BaylorSpineGuy
Powerful green hammer yesterday should've caused a rip today. I'm still bearish.

Also….quick question: there was a flash down to 364 today on SPY about 20 min into trading. This was an algo or something? Do these flashes in any way predict what may happen soon or it's "just a glitch"?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'd like to report a murder. Nasdaq found dead.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
GreasenUSA
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Powerful green hammer yesterday should've caused a rip today. I'm still bearish.

Yep, it's rare to have a day like yesterday and not have a gap up, or at least a period of green. This is a weak market.

agdaddy04
AG
Just bought a couple hundred MSFT at $275. - there were some crazy buys well above ask there. I saw some print over $286. Very odd, right?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Just bought a couple hundred MSFT at $275. - there were some crazy buys well above ask there. I saw some print over $286. Very odd, right?
be prepared to take heat.
Triple_Bagger
Dan Scott said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Started a position in HYLN today @3.99 (thought this was on the board in early 2021)

Lots of insider buying last month above $6. Current p/e of 1.64, which seems really low for a small cap growth stock.

Chart isn't great and it could go lower from here (book value is 3.37 with 2.36 cash value) but I'm comfortable starting a position at this price.

Check them out.
Tell us more. On first look, the insider selling is much bigger than the buying.
There was lots of selling last year but insiders starting buying in December.

EV powertrain company with a goal to partner with truck manufacturers to electrify their fleets. They have working trucks (HQ is next to my house so I see them all the time).

I like this EV play because it's a bit different from others. They aren't trying to be a vehicle manufacturing company, which is expensive and difficult to pull off. Their focus is on producing the electric drivetrain for other truck manufacturers to use in their trucks.

This is not another Nikola, Hyliion has working trucks, and they're currently demoing the trucks with potential customers.

Triple_Bagger
agdaddy04 said:

I bought some as well and I'm leaving an open limit order at $270. Earnings call in 30
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
savage move. I think we need to hit the 4100s on /ES to have a bottom now. high 12,000s on /NQ

agdaddy04
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

agdaddy04 said:

meaning I bought too early?
ryanhnc10
AG
agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

MSFT on a 20% pullback will make money. Only question is how long you have to hold to realize it
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

yes. I don't think we've bottomed. I think bottom is 4170 now.
Engine10
AG
The nasty NASD back at it again. Sheesh
BrokeAssAggie
So I am a complete idiot when it comes to futures. I see the Nasdaq closed at 13,539.29 today and futures are currently "down" ~4% to 13,922.25. Explain to me like I am a 12 year old what that means... Tomorrow is certainly a red day?
Dobre casy
AG
May be a dumb question, but where can I see $TICK and $TRIN? Currently reading John Carter's book and can't seem to pull these up on my charts.
Engine10
AG
It's just a ticker to look up, should be able to see it on most platforms (this is TOS mobile)
cageybee77
AG
H-town ag said:

cageybee77 said:

hmmm.....ELOX jumped a bit this morning. probably nothing.
I sold out yesterday at the low!
and I stopped out of XELA near the low the other day........dammit JIM!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What platform are you using?
Dobre casy
AG
Tastytrade is my main platform.

Thanks engine, found it on TOS.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The futures contracts don't exactly match the index and don't match the QQQ. The same thing happens with SPX and SPY. If you're trying to correlate it to a Nasdaq or QQQ price then I'd compare the closing prices and make a differential between the prices or a differential %.
FTAG 2000
AG
Dobre casy said:

Tastytrade is my main platform.

Thanks engine, found it on TOS.
Here's the majority of Carter's market structure tickers in TOS:

$TICK
$TRIN
$VOLSPD
$PCALL
AUD/JPY

Don't bother with $TIKI, it's not informative at all, TICK is better to watch.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

The futures contracts don't exactly match the index and don't match the QQQ. The same thing happens with SPX and SPY. If you're trying to correlate it to a Nasdaq or QQQ price then I'd compare the closing prices and make a differential between the prices or a differential %.
ok, but why doesn't QQQ have roughly the same % drop AH?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Lower volume so it's more difficult to keep in line.

I have not idea if that's the reason or not, but i like giving answers.
slacker00
AG
QQQs AH % drop is from the day's close. Futures haven't closed yet so you are still looking at the % down on the day from the previous day's close.
Engine10
AG
Que? I see it on TOS.

Q's and SPY also have dividends, so while small, that's another differential vs tracking an index straight up.

BrokeAssAggie
Qs are now rebounding AH.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
what just happened? Futures flew suddenly
BrokeAssAggie

Pelosi just announced she's running for another term...not kidding.
cptthunder

$MSFT got its act together and and is now green after hours... gotta help
havent seen any news
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
150 point move in 10 minutes!
cptthunder
agdaddy04 said:

Look at you now. Go pour a drink for yourself sir
Triple_Bagger
agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

ER call is going well. Strong guidance. Back to positive after being down 6% AH. Wish I had bought more in the low $270s
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
these are not people buying just fyi
McInnis 03
AG
Msft 293 love to see it

Whale success!
First Page Last Page
Page 4913 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.