Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,780 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unusual Whales calling out heavy action on the 150P on AAPL with expiration Friday. Seems the bears are still hungry.
MaroonDynasty
Bob Knights Liver said:

You might get another bite at that apple if we retrace 50% tomorrow.

Remembering how I feel rn. I want some APPS too, only long term IRA for both.
Carlo4
AG
Talon2DSO said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

The front of the Drudge has a quote from Cramer: "Don't Panic!".

That is all the headline you need. The pain isn't over.

Futures down 40 points already.

Well...*****

Nasdaq futures down 1.71% now

lobwedgephil
If we retest today's lows tomorrow, or this week, we are going much lower.
Irish 2.0
How do y'all sleep at night when you're checking the futures so often? Unless you're trading futures, there's literally nothing you can do about the action. All it will do is weigh on your mind. Again, for your own good and to keep the anxiety down, STOP LOOKING AT THEM ALL THE TIME.
Post removed:
by user
BrokeAssAggie
What else are we going to to do? Lay in bed and have a deep conversation with our wives?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Now i know why you have like 5 kids. Next time you get bored try reading a book or something!
Everybody loves a dirt road
azul_rain
P0rn helps
Philip J Fry
AG
Now down 2.21%.

I check the futures whenever the prostate demands. Pretty much early morning clockwork at this point.
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

Now down 2.21%.

I check the futures whenever the prostate demands. Pretty much early morning clockwork at this point.
I just woke up for the same reason and logged on to check here and the futures.
ProgN

FJB and his evil administration.

If I were in REGN, I'd probably look to get out.
McInnis 03
AG
Es tested 4330 twice, once pre London and once in London hours and rallied back into 4380.

That could strengthen bull resolve
BrokeAssAggie
if DWAC drops back down in the 55 range I'm looking to add.
Irish 2.0
I'd be weary of jumping into SPACs while the market finds it's footing.
Spoony Love
AG
This market is getting twitchy. I can't see how that isn't downward pressure overall. Really struggling with how to approach today but I think a large amount of patience is on tap.
planoaggie123
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-25/nvidia-is-said-to-quietly-prepare-to-abandon-takeover-of-arm
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Es tested 4330 twice, once pre London and once in London hours and rallied back into 4380.

That could strengthen bull resolve

May test again. I don't like triple tests
ProgN
What's everyone targeting today?
BrokeAssAggie
I'm sticking with scalping SPYs and Qs. Make entries at my pivots, set a stop to minimize any loss. Looking for small gains 20%.
sts7049
AG
i'm just watching first to see how things play out
SF2004
AG
ProgN said:

Not going broke... I'll start there.
austinAG90
AG
Equity Futures Resume Their Bearish Trend...Wild Ride...Selling Climax???

Overnight equities started higher then got slammed... S+P hit their lows at 2.24 am and bounced 52 points to 6 am only to slump again to near the lows of the overnight session now down 66 points...Nasdaq futures traded in a 350 point range and are now down over 300 points... So THE DAY BEGINS UGLY AGAIN... This time treasuries are having a hard time rallying...10 years got to our first resistance yesterday of 1.70 and could not get through it... They traded as high as 1.79 overnight and caught a mild bid as equities slumped...

FED... It is all about the Fed meeting that starts today...the WSJ has a story this morning about the Fed reducing their balance sheet, which is the Fed's way of letting the market know that B/S reduction is coming...it does not say anything that we already do not know... But it is out there... We still think the Fed accelerates tapering in their announcement tomorrow... Does not raise rates until March, and then only goes 25... The uber Hawks out there may overestimate how aggressive the Fed will be... Sending equity markets into a spiral or bear territory, does no good for the Fed... Yes the Fed put has changed and the employment aspect of the economy is red hot...as is the housing market... But those are both technical... And the last thing the Fed wants to do is bring the markets to a halt and have to pivot again...we expect the Fed to lean against inflation with rate hikes and balance sheet reductions... But not be anywhere near aggressive as a Volcker regime... Hence our view is that yesterday was the selling exhaustion and tomorrow starts a potential rally... Tough call to make... Especially given what equities are doing now, but some of that sidelines money will come into play.

Rates... 10 years seem to be in 1.70 to 1.80...5/30 is in 51-71... We saw some steepening yesterday... We do not think that trend is over... As to 5 years, we are in a wide range of 1.31 to 1.77, with a 5 year auction today... We still think higher rates are coming, but the short base has been covering and now is closer to home... Another 10 basis higher in price in 10 years will cause more short covering, but for now the short base is back to about even with the longs out there...

Credit... Still under pressure but we saw CDX HY rally off the 342 level yesterday when equities turned around, and have now moved to around 330 after getting to 325 at the close last night...there was no IG issuance in yesterday's turmoil. HY yields jumped 11 basis higher in yield yesterday to a 15 month high of 4.94 and spreads widened to a 7 week high of 321... CCC's were the worst performers as yields rose 16 basis to an 8 week high of 7.28%...

Correction is here... Question is how aggressive the Fed will be and how the market moves from here... It will be tricky...we still see higher rates with a 2% 10 year and 1.75 5 year... But equities are the key... Did we see the exhaustion selling yesterday? Or was that just a reversal with no legs?... We will find out by Thursday morning, as the international crowd gives us the determining view of the Fed's action Wednesday...
SF2004
AG
austinAG90 said:

Equity Futures Resume Their Bearish Trend...Wild Ride...Selling Climax???

Overnight equities started higher then got slammed... S+P hit their lows at 2.24 am and bounced 52 points to 6 am only to slump again to near the lows of the overnight session now down 66 points...Nasdaq futures traded in a 350 point range and are now down over 300 points... So THE DAY BEGINS UGLY AGAIN... This time treasuries are having a hard time rallying...10 years got to our first resistance yesterday of 1.70 and could not get through it... They traded as high as 1.79 overnight and caught a mild bid as equities slumped...

FED... It is all about the Fed meeting that starts today...the WSJ has a story this morning about the Fed reducing their balance sheet, which is the Fed's way of letting the market know that B/S reduction is coming...it does not say anything that we already do not know... But it is out there... We still think the Fed accelerates tapering in their announcement tomorrow... Does not raise rates until March, and then only goes 25... The uber Hawks out there may overestimate how aggressive the Fed will be... Sending equity markets into a spiral or bear territory, does no good for the Fed... Yes the Fed put has changed and the employment aspect of the economy is red hot...as is the housing market... But those are both technical... And the last thing the Fed wants to do is bring the markets to a halt and have to pivot again...we expect the Fed to lean against inflation with rate hikes and balance sheet reductions... But not be anywhere near aggressive as a Volcker regime... Hence our view is that yesterday was the selling exhaustion and tomorrow starts a potential rally... Tough call to make... Especially given what equities are doing now, but some of that sidelines money will come into play.

Rates... 10 years seem to be in 1.70 to 1.80...5/30 is in 51-71... We saw some steepening yesterday... We do not think that trend is over... As to 5 years, we are in a wide range of 1.31 to 1.77, with a 5 year auction today... We still think higher rates are coming, but the short base has been covering and now is closer to home... Another 10 basis higher in price in 10 years will cause more short covering, but for now the short base is back to about even with the longs out there...

Credit... Still under pressure but we saw CDX HY rally off the 342 level yesterday when equities turned around, and have now moved to around 330 after getting to 325 at the close last night...there was no IG issuance in yesterday's turmoil. HY yields jumped 11 basis higher in yield yesterday to a 15 month high of 4.94 and spreads widened to a 7 week high of 321... CCC's were the worst performers as yields rose 16 basis to an 8 week high of 7.28%...

Correction is here... Question is how aggressive the Fed will be and how the market moves from here... It will be tricky...we still see higher rates with a 2% 10 year and 1.75 5 year... But equities are the key... Did we see the exhaustion selling yesterday? Or was that just a reversal with no legs?... We will find out by Thursday morning, as the international crowd gives us the determining view of the Fed's action Wednesday...
Don't know where this comes from but really enjoy reading this every morning.

Thanks for posting!
Carlo4
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
I have calls in AMD, NVDA, SPY expiring next week. So today, if SPY 432.00 doesn't hold, I'm buying puts for quick flips
McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

MNMD just got some good FDA news.........wondering if they can squeeze some fear into shorts.....
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Didn't get a chance to dive into TTD or CZR yesterday, so I may look for an entry today if things continue on the current trajectory.

Aside from that, my main goal is to not get fired over yet another mistake that was made on my work project.
YNWA_AG
AG
planoaggie123 said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-25/nvidia-is-said-to-quietly-prepare-to-abandon-takeover-of-arm

Didn't like this takeover from AMD's perspective so I'm glad
ProgN
If $U dips below $100 then jump on it like a duck on a June bug.
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

Didn't get a chance to dive into TTD or CZR yesterday, so I may look for an entry today if things continue on the current trajectory.

Aside from that, my main goal is to not get fired over yet another mistake that was made on my work project.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
This AH price action is making me more bullish for today. We are almost already to the 50% retrace from the move yesterday. Smells of red first 30-60 minutes to green. I agree that if it's as aggressive selling as yesterday then we aren't likely to come back but I don't think we get the same as before.

That said I'm still playing everything really tight. I'd rather miss out on some profit than get trapped. To the upside I like AMZN or SHOP getting to the 5-day. On the downside I like three of Baylor's picks - AAPL, CAR, SPOT, as well as watching the KSS, M, JWN madness. If the takeover of Kohl's doesn't happenor rumors change all three could drop.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Maximus_Meridius said:

You're not CE are you?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bro, career advice that matters. If you're ever at risk of being fired or you're in the "we're not sure about that guy camp", especially if you were previously in the solid camp, you need to GTFO and find a new job. Work is always a what have you done for me lately situation, but it is in human nature to remember negative traits and be reluctant to let them go.

It will show up everywhere. Promotions, bonuses, comp increases, plum assignments. Once that land is spoiled to you, GTFO and never look back.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

This AH price action is making me more bullish for today. We are almost already to the 50% retrace from the move yesterday. Smells of red first 30-60 minutes to green. I agree that if it's as aggressive selling as yesterday then we aren't likely to come back but I don't think we get the same as before.

That said I'm still playing everything really tight. I'd rather miss out on some profit than get trapped. To the upside I like AMZN or SHOP getting to the 5-day. On the downside I like three of Baylor's picks - AAPL, CAR, SPOT, as well as watching the KSS, M, JWN madness. If the takeover of Kohl's doesn't happenor rumors change all three could drop.

Pay attention to the Nasdaq. It's driving everything else
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 4906 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.