Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,357 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I wonder about this too, but I'd rather lose 5% to inflation than 10-20% to the market.

This is why bear markets and inflation suck. Because it destroys wealth. There are no great options. Real estate, maybe?
Keep this in mind doc, you too SF2004, how many people in your profession that you know have stopped or decreased their contributions to their 401Ks? I'd bet the number is less than 5% or zero. That money is accumulating every week and those managers are building war chests. They'll have to put it to work soon so consider that like insurance behind you and buy fund faves on pullbacks.
agdaddy04
AG
ProgN said:

agdaddy04 said:

Think aapl still prints in the 120s this year? I got out at $180 and contemplating re entry points.
I never said $120, I posted $140 but that is even in doubt now IMO.

Sorry about that for some reason I was thinking you said $120s.
ProgN
Triple_Bagger said:

ProgN said:

agdaddy04 said:

Think aapl still prints in the 120s this year? I got out at $180 and contemplating re entry points.
I never said $120, I posted $140 but that is even in doubt now IMO.
Could have sold January2023 P150s today for 18.
That was free money then, but I don't like tying up my money for that long. Writing $U puts for next month are getting my attention though. I think that's free money as well but on a shorter time horizon.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Aapl could for sure hit 120, after it's next split!
Everybody loves a dirt road
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I wonder about this too, but I'd rather lose 5% to inflation than 10-20% to the market.

This is why bear markets and inflation suck. Because it destroys wealth. There are no great options. Real estate, maybe?
Keep this in mind doc, you too SF2004, how many people in your profession that you know have stopped or decreased their contributions to their 401Ks? I'd bet the number is less than 5% or zero. That money is accumulating every week and those managers are building war chests. They'll have to put it to work soon so consider that like insurance behind you and buy fund faves on pullbacks.
what is greater, the amount of $ retail is 401k buying or big $ buying these dips? (today for example). I am not trying to troll, but I would guess big $ has the edge?
LatinAggie1997
AG
Thank you very much!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What's even more reassuring is that since it's the beginning of the year there's going to be a lot of people bumping up contributions and front loading for the year as they salivate over the idea of buying retirement at a 10% discount. That alone has got to be a significant contribution to the recovery
ProgN
401K is big money because most 401Ks are restricted to a family of funds, so put that group into institutional buying and not retail.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Developed foreign stocks like Nikkei, cash as a temporary position, crypto, or metals are a few places people might put wealth. If a major correction or a black swan like major supply chain gridlock happens, funds want to have enough cash to take advantage if some sectors or companies get desperate. I don't think we are headed for a major drop, but I am not in full risk on mode.
BrokeAssAggie
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Quick google shows over half a million Americans max out their 401ks every year. That's 11 billion dollars. That may only include vanguard, and it definitely doesn't include the vast majority of folks who contribute less than the max. Seems like the sum could be a pretty big number
lobwedgephil
Look at AAPL's chart, 30% pullbacks aren't very unusual.

I think it has at least a 30% pullback every 3 years.
gig em 02
Don't sleep on Government (including teacher) pension plans
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Why I went mostly cash.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Good data point observation catch. The IntraDay Low on 12/1/21 was about 12 points lower than the Close that day. Today the IntraDay Low was about 210 points lower than the Close. Today was a real stretch to the downside. 30K noted we were at -4 ATR at some point in the day and I think we went lower, but I don't know. I'm in ProgN's camp of believing the low is in but some volatility from here....and that could align with your thoughts for the 27th.

Side Note: One thing I think we can count on is, Jerome Powell will bring "new vernacular" to the public in his speech Wednesday. I don't know what the wording will be, but there will be a new verbal approach to explain Fed positioning, in my opinion.
The new vernacular is going to be "Sir - not being informed to the highest degree of accuracy, I hesitate to articulate for fear that I may deviate from the true course of rectitude. In short sir, I'm a very dumb fish and do not know"
Irish 2.0
Aussie CPI spooked it. It dropped on that report.
riverrataggie
AG
Thinking of buying some Disney tomorrow. Only reason is I decided to finally watch The Eternals. Didn't check reviews prior, etc. but after sitting through maybe one of the worst movies I've seen and seeing how many people like it. I realized the Mouse can take a **** and sell it.
Irish 2.0
riverrataggie said:

Thinking of buying some Disney tomorrow. Only reason is I decided to finally watch The Eternals. Didn't check reviews prior, etc. but after sitting through maybe one of the worst movies I've seen and seeing how many people like it. I realized the Mouse can take a **** and sell it.

Well, they're way ahead of you on that. They sell plenty of mouse **** at Disney

riverrataggie
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

riverrataggie said:

Well, they're way ahead of you on that. They sell plenty of mouse **** at Disney

Fair enough. But man. To put into a motion picture like that.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

With the dumbass covidian tyrants running Australia I hope their economy gets destroyed and the people begin to lop off the heads of their leaders.
lobwedgephil
Such a big move today, a 50% retracement would still be bullish, yet feel awful. Hoping for .382 on ES.
cageybee77
AG
ProgN said:

Irish 2.0 said:

With the dumbass covidian tyrants running Australia I hope their economy gets destroyed and the people begin to lop off the heads of their leaders.
chuck em all into the barbie mates
Brewmaster
AG
riverrataggie said:

Irish 2.0 said:

riverrataggie said:

worse than Coming 2 America? if anywhere near as bad, it's pretty bad.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

401K is big money because most 401Ks are restricted to a family of funds, so put that group into institutional buying and not retail.
perfect, thanks for the knowledge

props to gigem 02 as well.
krosch11
AG
Things I'm adding to watchlist from scanning tonight.

$WRBY : chart behavior weathered really well today, triple bottom on the daily (or close to) elevated buying volume last three days.

$POWW : bigger buy volume than most the small caps. Look at the daily and hourly.

DOMO: Got slapped down earlier than other tech stocks. Looks to be working on large cup formation.

One of curiosity that popped on the Scanner: $UROY. Smaller uranium play with some very small options chains. chart is ugly but its a new one im watching to see if it catches support through the storm.

Im trying to learn like everyone else so if you see something you disagree with dont be afraid to voice it. Always wanting to increase knowledge.

lotsofhp
AG
BREwmaster said:

riverrataggie said:

Irish 2.0 said:

riverrataggie said:

worse than Coming 2 America? if anywhere near as bad, it's pretty bad.

Nothing can be as bad as Coming 2 America. I can't believe Eddie Murphy or any of the other great actors in that cast agreed to be in that embarrassment.

The original was outstanding
BaylorSpineGuy
The front of the Drudge has a quote from Cramer: "Don't Panic!".

That is all the headline you need. The pain isn't over.

Futures down 40 points already.
Talon2DSO
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

The front of the Drudge has a quote from Cramer: "Don't Panic!".

That is all the headline you need. The pain isn't over.

Futures down 40 points already.

Well...*****
Brewmaster
AG
Nasdaq still, in megaphone down pattern... very interesting. even today's pop didn't get it out of hot water, and I'll add my own version of QQQ below HP's (fyi around 319 is bottom of the megaphone, but definitely can pop lower out of the megaphone and dump).

SQQQ commons at the open tomorrow might be a great play and of course QQQ puts (scalp intraday).

lobwedgephil
Today's move likely has to model T and hold for more upside.
MaroonDynasty
Damn should have bought some $NET today, that bounce back was big time.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
You might get another bite at that apple if we retrace 50% tomorrow.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
3 of the top 7 threads on b&i are people asking if it's time and what companies to buy with the cash they've held on the sidelines waiting for "the crash." Seems they just can't wait to put that money to work.
Ragoo
AG
Who thinks we retest the lows from this morning tomorrow?
azul_rain
if we do i dont see us rallying back again like today
First Page Last Page
Page 4905 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.