Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,077 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
SF2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomorrow will be interesting.

More rally then dump into fed? I just don't know how much 3-4 rate hikes are playing into this.

Still a lot of people out there saying 4000 SPX but not for 3-4 more weeks.
Boban
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Z hit a new low today. It can possibly go to $57 from here IF the market cooperates. Everyone hates it, but is this really the stock you want to go all in on?
All in on? If I went all in on Z, how could I buy all the 2024 SPY 100P I want? /s

If by all in, you mean a small percentage of a long term holdings account, I don't see why not once it confirms resistance and finds a base.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Where to now? Really hard to say.

My current plan is longs above 4415 area on SPX, target 4440 and shots below 4396, target 4355.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
SPY is not going to 100 unless there is nuclear war.

I am saying that there are better uses of your capital.
Boban

SPY is not going to 100 unless there is nuclear war.

I am saying that there are better uses of your capital.
Well obviously, somewhere in my answer was sarcasm.

There will inherently always be better uses of your capital. But I can agree with you regarding Z in comparison to many other things I added to this morning.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We still have a lot of potential items that could give us more red - war, guidance reduced due to supply chains, already inflated P/Es, covid, tapering, rate hikes, etc. I'll continue to play a bit tight and don't care if I miss out on a little growth until the market stabilizes. I'll continue to day trade more than I normally due to hopefully take up some of the missed growth potential from long investments.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Good data point observation catch. The IntraDay Low on 12/1/21 was about 12 points lower than the Close that day. Today the IntraDay Low was about 210 points lower than the Close. Today was a real stretch to the downside. 30K noted we were at -4 ATR at some point in the day and I think we went lower, but I don't know. I'm in ProgN's camp of believing the low is in but some volatility from here....and that could align with your thoughts for the 27th.

Side Note: One thing I think we can count on is, Jerome Powell will bring "new vernacular" to the public in his speech Wednesday. I don't know what the wording will be, but there will be a new verbal approach to explain Fed positioning, in my opinion.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Good data point observation catch. The IntraDay Low on 12/1/21 was about 12 points lower than the Close that day. Today the IntraDay Low was about 210 points lower than the Close. Today was a real stretch to the downside. 30K noted we were at -4 ATR at some point in the day and I think we went lower, but I don't know. I'm in ProgN's camp of believing the low is in but some volatility from here....and that could align with your thoughts for the 27th.

Side Note: One thing I think we can count on is, Jerome Powell will bring "new vernacular" to the public in his speech Wednesday. I don't know what the wording will be, but there will be a new verbal approach to explain Fed positioning, in my opinion.
I think 'the low' is probably in unless the Fed shocks us. I think price action tomorrow will be lower than today's close.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Think oa expected today's spx gap to fill... today?
Everybody loves a dirt road
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
"Fed ain't gonna raise no rates."

I do believe rate raises, if any, are OND22 or JFM 23.

I believe if Powell does not somehow strongly infer, but not commit, to raise the rate in March, could be bearish for the market.

The media I read thinks 2 rate hikes are already priced in the market. < That statement contradicts the sentence directly above.

ETA: There was a Laughing emoticon selected for this post....???.... I guess the TexAgs System didn't see any humor? I'm laughingly nervous.
ProgN

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I think 'the low' is probably in unless the Fed shocks us. I think price action tomorrow will be lower than today's close.
The capitulation we saw today was from retail but the final 2 hours was institutional. It's still gonna be choppy because retail is scared, but IMO all big dips should be bought in strong companies.
agdaddy04
AG
I was a little surprised NVDA didn't at least finish green today. But I guess AAPL didn't either.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

I was a little surprised NVDA didn't at least finish green today. But I guess AAPL didn't either.
They're both on the launchpad now.
cageybee77
AG
agdaddy04 said:

it was "green" to those of us lowering our basis throughout the day.
LatinAggie1997
AG
When you own shares of stock XYZ andXYZ de ides to issue more shares because the price is going up, what happens to your current shares?value decreases, increases, stagnant?
Thanks
agdaddy04
AG
Sorry, completely misread your post
agdaddy04
AG
cageybee77 said:

agdaddy04 said:

it was "green" to those of us lowering our basis throughout the day.

I feel like I've got too much cash on the sidelines right now.
JCRiley09
AG
The thread today reads like a gameday thread where everyone wants to fire jimbo at halftime and build him a statue by the end.
FJ43

Ok….I'm beyond jealous y'all were able to trade today. It was a scalpers dream day.

30k - hats off to you bro. Solid trading today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

agdaddy04
AG
Think aapl still prints in the 120s this year? I got out at $180 and contemplating re entry points.
Engine10
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

When you own shares of stock XYZ andXYZ de ides to issue more shares because the price is going up, what happens to your current shares?value decreases, increases, stagnant?
Thanks

The intrinsic value of your shares, as a percentage of ownership of the company, has been diluted. Price action as a result of the raise can vary, like funding CAPEX for growth with a headline partner(not bad!), or simply to fund working capital (very bad!). But on average the dilution effect alone will weigh on price. Opposite is true for share buybacks, less shares available to the market, so the value of those available increases.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Think aapl still prints in the 120s this year? I got out at $180 and contemplating re entry points.
I never said $120, I posted $140 but that is even in doubt now IMO.
Irish 2.0
This post capitulation pop puts a lot of the bear thesis into question. FOMC will determine a lot.
sts7049
AG
i had an awesome day today. it helps that i am off this week and i can really pay attention like i want to...that's a big lesson for me this year, you can't be a day trader if you can't dedicate the time to watch things closely.

i'm really trying to build some discipline in what i'm doing, and if i'm going to gamble on something scale things down a lot more.
Brewmaster
AG
agdaddy04 said:

I bet you see 130's, not 120's though, but I definitely don't think the selling is over.
BaylorSpineGuy
You're like the Angel on my left shoulder.

The devil on my right was screaming FOMO all day. The devil won….and I lost money. Scalping would have paid enormously well today and the set up was not super complicated. Double bottom rip. Ugh….
Brewmaster
AG
hedge said:

heres a clearer version
and moving a bit faster! lol
BaylorSpineGuy
Agree that selling not likely done. Futures not off to a great start.

But above 449ish, go mad long. That's the Model T from the recent high (479+ to 420.76).
SF2004
AG
BREwmaster said:

agdaddy04 said:

I bet you see 130's, not 120's though, but I definitely don't think the selling is over.
not saying you are right or wrong.

But explain to me were this money is going to go? T-Bills? Treasuries?

This is all getting absurd in a sense that so much money is now out of the market that is has to go somewhere.

Savings accounts paying 5 bps?
BaylorSpineGuy
I wonder about this too, but I'd rather lose 5% to inflation than 10-20% to the market.

This is why bear markets and inflation suck. Because it destroys wealth. There are no great options. Real estate, maybe?
Talon2DSO
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I wonder about this too, but I'd rather lose 5% to inflation than 10-20% to the market.

This is why bear markets and inflation suck. Because it destroys wealth. There are no great options. Real estate, maybe?

Massage parlors, strip clubs, and warehouses.
Triple_Bagger
ProgN said:

agdaddy04 said:

I never said $120, I posted $140 but that is even in doubt now IMO.
Could have sold January2023 P150s today for 18.
Brewmaster
AG
absurd? AAPL hasn't even sniffed the 200 day. We're all used to this relentless bull market. Also, I'm mostly pulling Prog's leg, but if big $ wants to continue to rework entries on longs and F retail, AAPL is still ripe. If notthing else markets retesting recent lows (maybe the end of this week) would be healthy for a big run (and that should have us all excited).
BaylorSpineGuy
Money laundering…..got it! Maybe car washes too!
Irish 2.0
Nail salons
First Page Last Page
Page 4904 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.