Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,322 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Cru
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Irish 2.0

FJ43

SPY...watching these areas. If we bounce watching the line at the arrow.

Note VIX

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ProgN
Bet we go red to Green today.
FJ43
I set some alerts for VIX at +1 increments above. At 30 (assuming it gets there) I will probably buy puts out a few weeks close to ATM as a trade.

FJ43
ProgN said:

I'll be curious on the volume we see today

McInnis 03
AG
OPEX AM expiration is at open.....I don't expect much excitement before then........but that expiration could release some pressure? I guess we'll see. THis market blows lol

I guess I really am permabull
Whirligigs
I feel like my butthole has been stretched ever so wider each passing day.
SF2004
AG
Whirligigs said:

I feel like my butthole has been stretched ever so wider each passing day.
It got weird... didn't it?
FJ43
BBIG

Mentioned this one the other day and it went to about $6 from $4.50ish at time of post.

Keep an eye on it here....note the volume profile and retracement of the move to the 50.

Ranger222
AG
ProgN said:

I'm thinking red dog reversal

could be a great lotto Friday
BrokeAssAggie
Ranger222 said:

ProgN said:

Be careful with that term. You might trigger some folks in here
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Irish hit the nail on the head for me as well. Too many years working on Asia late afternoon time.

That was my dream job for many many years. I was fluent in Thai, khmer, and japanese for a bit a life ago. These days I'm just an attorney looking for my ripcord
ProgN
Ranger222 said:

ProgN said:

I'm in that same camp
Max Stonetrail
ProgN said:

I bet we see red then barely green then red.

Not enough money on the bull side.

$1 in TexAgs Bucks.
irish pete ag06
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Thanks. There's times where it feels like I picked the absolute wrong time to start following this thread with stock picks(last February) after only casually observing with no investing prior to that. But the things you guys throw out there are catching on. Very appreciative of that.
That's me with CLOV. Luckily it's in the ROTH, so I have time on my side, but man that's ugly to look at.
Irish 2.0
oldarmy1
AG
Remember the SPY $3 either side of price. That's been the best trade this week and with volatility assured into next week remains the play.

Got a $12 move on Wednesday's entries using Friday expiring put/call spread. Was able to buy shares against the puts and exit with enough to cover the entire trade on the bounce off 200dma.

I'd use next Wednesday for entries today, although if you have a cheap entry given for expiring today it could move hard directionally.
FJ43

wanderer
So what you're referring to is a strangle? With SPY at 444 you'd purchase 441p/447c and hope for a big move in either direction.

A 1/26 442p/448c strangle looks to run about $8ish. Seems like a lot of premium
Spoony Love
AG
I do this too but I don't capitalize like a big fat loser.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
wanderer said:

So what you're referring to is a strangle? With SPY at 444 you'd purchase 441p/447c and hope for a big move in either direction.
With this move, and this volatility, he's banking on flashes in both directions.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03
AG
Wow, Netflix punched Disney to the tune of 10 pts down.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Max Stonetrail said:

ProgN said:

Max Stonetrail said:

ProgN said:

SF2004 said:

What we saw today was pure market manipulation and causes people to lose faith in the system.

ZERO changed from morning to afternoon.

They ran a pump and dump on the entire market.

I need to stop looking at charts and step away... just making me angry thinking about this afternoon.

I bought WWR the last few days of December but it's a plant and forget about it. I'm accumulating positions in NVDA, more TTD, CZR, and PLTR. I'm confident those 4 will be very profitable for me over the next few weeks/months. I have zero interest in the other stocks you posted but I hope they're profitable for everyone here that's in them.

when Prog talks longs, I listen! writing these down for the grocery list today and next week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the real move is going to happen after this SPX AM expiration pin at 4450.

I watch e-mini intra day. no trades initiated between 4435 and 4455
oldarmy1
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

wanderer said:

With this move, and this volatility, he's banking on flashes in both directions.
Like yesterday. Once the dam breaks there are going to be larger and larger liquidity gaps until major support hits and that one will be the largest. We don't have any gaps on SPY but we have 4488 and a big gap at 4372. Volume is starting to surge and it can accelerate for a number of days if like 2020. SPY went from $333 to $218.

You can just sit it out and wait for the V and then use Model T. Check that out on the 2020 post v-bottom. It quickly returned right to Model T, went sideways for nearly a month (as you would expect on consolidation) before breaking out.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think we'll open red but run green all day. And then have a massive red power hour at the end. I have low confidence in all of that, but that's my guess.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On /NQ, I am willing to take a long at 14550 area and I am really willing to take a long above 14820.
Talon2DSO
AG
Cash is a position. I'm out of my SPY and NVDA options until next week. I'm keeping as much cash as I need for next week buy opportunities
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

I dig it! Today is a GREAT day for this trade FYI. I've done similar to this this week, but with a put bias. So earlier this week would do 2 to 1 or 4 to 1 (put to call spread ratio). I also played some QQQ puts as the market has been relentless, down.

but here this is a no brainer!

Deplorable
Hmm Netflix to buy or not to buy
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OG UNF said:

Hmm Netflix to buy or not to buy
no
Spoony Love
AG
Shenanigans!
First Page Last Page
Page 4877 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.