Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,837 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
azul_rain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean in theory yea but QQQ would have to drop by more than 33% in a single day and circuit breakers would prevent that, no ?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It's not a single day lose everything in a meme stock loss, like CLOV. It's more of the drain you down over time thing. At one point this morning QQQ was 0.06% green but TQQQ was -0.14% (red). As long as well keep what's been the longest bull market ever that works out. If we go bear or a year of sideways it's no bueno.
Irish 2.0
Leveraged ETF options get smoked routinely. I don't tuch leveraged crap. It is their for hedging...

Soooooo.......username checks out in that respect for you...
Triple_Bagger
As long as you're actively managing it, I don't see an issue playing triple leveraged ETFs. Just don't think of them as the same as investing in QQQ or SPY.

I only play triple leveraged ETFs when I'm fairly confident in the move and only play with money I'm okay losing. These are not longterm investments.
azul_rain
I get that they get smoked but if you hold long term, they go up considerably more than QQQ. A five year comparison of TQQQ Vs QQQ Shows it up more than 5 times qqq since 1/23/17. It seems like a no brainer if your comfortable with that kind of risk.
OutlawAG04
OutlawAG04 said:

OutlawAG04 said:

QQQ fighting to get through the 61.8 fib on intraday high/low. Cutting my entry if it can't hold
Sitting on the 38.2 right now (slightly under). See if this holds
Out of my 374 calls for 1/28. May look to short for the afternoon if this rounded top doesn't break higher at the 38.2. Nothing wrong with taking profits.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Again think what QQQ has done over the past 5 years. Historic bull run. If you can order another one of those I'll dump all my money into TQQQ with you and let you borrow the Lambo.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Irish 2.0 said:

It is back!!

Lol. I actually made a small amount of money on that POS.
azul_rain
Fair enough, I'm only gonna dump so much into it. I don't mind the volatility
Chef Elko
AG
They shouldn't be allowed back in the US markets after the shyt they pulled
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY 458 getting to be a ceiling here.
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
Agsquatch
AG
hedge said:

I get that they get smoked but if you hold long term, they go up considerably more than QQQ. A five year comparison of TQQQ Vs QQQ Shows it up more than 5 times qqq since 1/23/17. It seems like a no brainer if your comfortable with that kind of risk.
just a side note here but is that price adjusted for all the splits and reverse splits these levered etfs do?

I remember UWTI was one of my favorites back in like 2016
tlepoC
AG
C'mon WWR - you can do it! Now is the time.
azul_rain
Idk honestly
Max Stonetrail
hedge said:

Anybody want Cramers exclusive picks

This is a large part of how Cramer built his wealth, not stock picking.

But for the most part all he recommends is stuff like MSFT and the like (FAANG) and whatever his acronym was from a decade ago. If you hold stocks like that long enough they will go up.
Max Stonetrail
Irish 2.0 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Remember, do not buy this gap up. I would not look to get long anything, even for a scalp, unless we can take out yesterday's opening high. 460 SPY and 376.50 QQQ is what I'll be watching and waiting on
You're welcome...
Thank you.

I think SPY is going into the 454's. It was there and below overnight.

I think between now and the end of January, if it looks like a bull, it's a bear.
OPEX is this week. We should start to see the fireworks one way or another on Monday. I'm in Atlanta basically all of next week, so I won't be able to play.
Work meeting just hosed me... I am now down on what was a lucrative SPY P trade. I had a target set but we didn't get to it.

However, I do not think we have seen the last of the bears for the near term.
Brewmaster
AG
yeah if bulls can't reclaim and hold 4610, game on for bears.
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY at 458 resistance. Decision time is coming. I'm thinking it drops this week.
Engine10
AG
When markets stabilize I'm considering adding ASO. Taken a 20%+ haircut from highs and (anecdotally) should have a great run into the spring/summer season. Want to look more into their recent results to see how they are performing under the hood.
FTAG 2000
AG
Biden going to speak and tell us all we're racist and going to die. Just a heads up, more market turbulence potentially coming.
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

Biden going to speak and tell us all we're racist and going to die. Just a heads up, more market turbulence potentially coming.
The Covid narrative is crumbling due to fatigue. I imagine it will focus on the federal takeover of elections. The Russian continued buildup is what I'm worried about the most.
Talon2DSO
AG
ProgN said:

AG 2000' said:

The Covid narrative is crumbling due to fatigue. I imagine it will focus on the federal takeover of elections. The Russian continued buildup is what I'm worried about the most.

Me too. Seems like Brandon is bending over backwards to secure the Russian gas monopoly.
agdaddy04
AG
Thinking this would still be a good entrance point for BTI or should wait for the stabilized macro market?
Engine10
AG
Can never know, but it's been on a rocket even with how rocky things have been lately. Would expect to see a little more pullback
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

ProgN said:

AG 2000' said:

Me too. Seems like Brandon is bending over backwards to secure the Russian gas monopoly.
If Russia invades Ukraine with 100K troops and we follow up with delivery of lethal weapons, there is a threat of definite escalation which will more than likely tank the markets hard.
Irish 2.0
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

ProgN said:

AG 2000' said:

If Russia invades Ukraine with 100K troops and we follow up with delivery of lethal weapons, there is a threat of definite escalation which will more than likely tank the markets hard.
Biden won't do a damn thing about Ukraine.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I closed my 4 SPY Iron Condors. Made $800 in the trade. I was at a point where there was 2:1 risk:reward, so I played it safe and closed it out for profit. I still think we'll chop and think I could have made another 50% by Friday morning. Being conservative is not easy for me.
Talon2DSO
AG
AG 2000' said:

ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

ProgN said:

AG 2000' said:

Biden won't do a damn thing about Ukraine.

He'll say a bunch but you're right. He's hanging our allies out to dry
Triple_Bagger
Engine10 said:

When markets stabilize I'm considering adding ASO. Taken a 20%+ haircut from highs and (anecdotally) should have a great run into the spring/summer season. Want to look more into their recent results to see how they are performing under the hood.
I think this is a good place to start a position. $38 has been S/R over the past year with $35 being significant support below.
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY just about crapped the bed. Hope you have puts I place.
Spoony Love
AG
$455 is going down.

FJ better be watching, we may visit $453.50 today.
Talon2DSO
AG
Spoony Love said:

$455 is going down.

FJ better be watching, we may visit $453.50 today.

Today was critical day for the bulls but I don't think they will hold 461.
Red Rover
AG
It's still OPEX week and this could simply be Biden overreaction. Don't go full tilt into puts yet.
BrokeAssAggie
shooooz
First Page Last Page
Page 4861 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.