Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,532,867 Views | 226103 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by Brewmaster
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone still holding RIG? Last old notes I had on it were...watch through January 2022....

I'm thinking of cuttin' loose today.

Anyone got other intelligence on RIG?
ProgN
I'm buying PLTR shrs at $15
Spoony Love
AG
Really tempted to fade this open for SPY $458 put for today expiry. Talk me out of it.
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

Really tempted to fade this open for SPY $458 put for today expiry. Talk me out of it.
Lotto type play, go small, could be very choppy as it's opex week.
Brewmaster
AG
cageybee77 said:

anybody tempted to buy $SOFI?
I own a little, all I did just minutes ago was sell CC's again. I won't add anymore until SPX picks a direction. still could test 200 dma. That'd be SOFI and really everything on sale.
Brewmaster
AG

dp
KT_Ag08
AG
Not sure why you'd cut now unless you think we've seen the high end of oil. I don't think we are anywhere close with inflation and supply choked off due to policy/regs. Plus RIG is a deepwater play that tends to lag E&Ps so I'd think it's got some time to run.
Talon2DSO
AG
I did the 456
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

Spoony Love said:

Lotto type play, go small, could be very choppy as it's opex week.

Take profit if you got it!
cageybee77
AG
ProgN said:

I'm buying PLTR shrs at $15
Sadly, I remember that a famous analyst predicted that PLTR would hit $15. Not sure he was right for the right reasons, but I sure was skeptical at the time.
HoustonAg2014
AG
FJ43 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Is anyone in here still in SNDL? Trying to figure out what to do with this one. Another small cap who has good news and falls. I know some people are really not fans of this stock understandably. My average is 0.68. It's run up to .95 at least once in the last 2 months and was stable above $1 till about 6 months ago

Have you been selling covered calls against shares?

Yes sir! It's been my bread and butter the past year picking up about 3% a month. Just wondering if people think this stock has potential to run hard on them acquiring that big liquor distributor and also sitting on no debt and a ton of cash
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Did you do it?

I closed out some extra SPY put credit spreads I sold yesterday. I still have my 4 iron condors, but played that small enough that I'm not worried. I sold the rest of my PROG at the open and have put limit sell orders on a few leftover calls (CRM, ENVX, MGNI, VIAC). I'm dubbing today "Prepare thine anus" day. I think we'll get a big fall starting this week or next and am willing to miss out on some gains to avoid it.
Spoony Love
AG
About to.
Max Stonetrail
Max Stonetrail said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Remember, do not buy this gap up. I would not look to get long anything, even for a scalp, unless we can take out yesterday's opening high. 460 SPY and 376.50 QQQ is what I'll be watching and waiting on
I got sucked into some SPY and AMD longs yesterday by not paying attention to the macros. Should be able to get out on the gap up this morning.

Sometimes I forget to read my own posts.

Got out of my SPY calls. I am buying SPY puts and lots of them. 1/28 Expiry
Spoony Love
AG
Just one.
BrokeAssAggie
QQQ forming a little bull flag. Let's watch the next 30 minutes....
azul_rain
I've been having a hard time grasping the decay, isn't it just simply based off the performance of qqq x3? Long term insurance qqq has gone up
HoustonAg2014
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
SPY just tested 459.50 for the first 30 min and rejected every time? Puts time?
Spoony Love
AG
That's what I did. But really, don't take my advice. It's been terrible for me lately.
BaylorSpineGuy
Got it. Calls it is! ;-))
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Algos turned on. Will we get 5-min on, 5-10 minutes off selling like yesterday?
Spoony Love
AG
Not to bust anyone's account but I could use that today.
FTAG 2000
AG
Need some additional eyes on PIXY. It keeps coming up on my scans. Having a big past week.

Got through a huge volume shelf at 1.46, there's another at 1.73, then it can run to 3 pretty easily looking at volume profile.

In a squeeze, but RSI is descending from 1 down to .8 area on the daily.

It's already at 30 day average volume here 45 minutes into the session.

Jimbos Plaque
AG
hedge said:

I've been having a hard time grasping the decay, isn't it just simply based off the performance of qqq x3? Long term insurance qqq has gone up
It's a leverage product and actively managed (ie every day buying and selling assets to get that percentage) and as a rule should never be held overnight IMO.

It's like if you're going at 60 mph, somebody else is going at 100. They have to stop for gas more than you.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Relative to my other O&G, it's lagged. That is my reasoning for cutting. Oil is up, my other O&G are up, RIG doing nothing.. I'll probably exit today and you guys get a major run up! I've held onto my only notion about some upward movement based on oil as you noted; however, my notion is in rapid time decay.
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

$VALE cleared the $15 resistance and now has very little volume between here and the gap fill @$16.32
Has to get throught he 200EMA at $15.71 but thats about it from what i can tell
$VALE within a couple of pennies of filling the gap.
Strong open this morning pushed it over the 200 EMA
Still has the Model T to get to after the gap fill up at $17.15(7/29 - 11/18)
Spoony Love
AG
If I'm following what you're saying, you can almost see where they turn on in the 5 min chart. A little sideways then right down with a big candle.

By the way, SPY is sitting on the 100 this morning. it really did not impress yesterday after hitting the 100. If it doesn't come off the 100EMA today with authority, Friday/Monday could get real ugly. The 150EM below 448 could be the target through any support levels. I know that's way down but I don't think I am overestimating the selling pressure and current economy being the suck.
azul_rain
Kinda stupid analysis but if you have time check out the TQQQ subreddit. They make valid points
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yesterday it was even more noticeable on the 1-minute chart. 5 minutes of straight selling and then 5-10 of red/green, then 5 more minutes of straight selling. At least that's what it looked like to me.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
as if i'm not already a member along with thetagang, wsb, superstonk and winkerpack
azul_rain
As stupid as it sounds lot of good analysis on Reddit
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The easiest ways explain it is just that they are using options in order to leverage these ETFs or to create a short ETF. You could do this yourself, but it's easier and most of the times the folks running these are more experienced with balancing and will do a better job of achieving the goals than we would. Than said, if you're buying puts on QQQ but it doesn't go down, you lose money due to theta decay on those options as they expire or get a day closer to expiration. They can be great it you correctly identify the trend, but if goes the other way or even if there's chop you'll lose. So over a long time period you'll lose money on them, but can successfully use them for short time periods. Just be careful and down go all-in on this with anything you can't afford to lose.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
it's weaponized autism.

I was in awe when superstonk guys learned about DRS and computershare. it was like watching cave men discover fire in real time.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Spoony Love said:

Not to bust anyone's account but I could use that today.

Spoony is buying the millers today.
First Page Last Page
Page 4858 of 6461

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.