Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,693 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by EnronAg
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish's warning!!

Expect a gap up in the morning. DON'T BUY IT!!

Don't put on any swings until the market digests.
Push to 464-65...ish then reject what you are seeing?
BrokeAssAggie
Irish 2.0
Think it was something like that. Not at my computer right now
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Irish's warning!!

Would be nice. Might be able to break even/ minimal loss on those $470 calls
FJ43
BrokeAssAggie said:

FJ43 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Irish's warning!!

Would be nice. Might be able to break even/ minimal loss on those $470 calls
I worked as much as I could and traded my way out of most of them today. Got my cost down to .28 then exited most in the .30s. Kept a few but under water on the remainder. Probably should have exited all and regrouped.
BrokeAssAggie
Still bag holding
FJ43
Irish 2.0 said:

Think it was something like that. Not at my computer right now
If we get a gap up or any bullish move this is where I got that ballpark...

EMA convergence
Resistance level
Long term trend line

Big if....

Brewmaster
AG
LOL at that tweet... "the trend", the trend is down.

Next up is 4525, but we may retest 4600 tomorrow first.

If MM's want to be absolute *****es, they could rally a little to just under 4600, chop there the rest of the week, then dump it on Friday in power hour.

sorry to be debbie downer -- maybe bullish: big buying at the close on SPY, AAPL, etc.
azul_rain
Today was fun
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

LOL, "the trend", the trend is down.

Next up is 4525, but we may retest 4600 tomorrow first.

If MM's want to be absolute *****es, they could rally a little to just under 4600, chop there the rest of the week, then dump it on Friday in power hour.

sorry to be debbie downer -- maybe bullish: big buying at the close on SPY, AAPL, etc.
Irish 2.0

SOFI moving AH
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

SOFI moving AH
Not allowed crypto.

Let's Go Brandon.
Irish 2.0
From my understanding SOFI can do crypto because it is the parent company, but SoFi Bank can't.

Not 100% sure on that though.

SOFI could get ugly for the shorties tomorrow
Red Rover
AG
BREwmaster said:

I think this is exactly what we'll do. Green either tomorrow or Thursday to get close to 4600 then chop until Friday afternoon.
BlueTaze
Senor Butthead said:

if he's a chartmaster why is he putting up with cnbc instead of oh i don't know trading professionally and not telling anyone his secrets

If you listen to the video, basically just calls out widely accepted TA- support, resistance, channels, gaps. No secrets. My point was that QQQs are reaching the 7-8% gap fill decline to bottom of channel he mentioned in early Dec.

So we will see if QQQs find support in the 360-365 range, and these battered small cap tech stocks get some relief. Ironically right around where 30K millionaire just posted his QQQ levels.
McInnis 03
AG
Sometimes you get lucky.

Right before hopping in the shower I checked futures and it was racing to a low. Took a chance on a long. Was up 10 points almost immediately. Keeping runners now with stops at breakeven
BrokeAssAggie
Hitting the good stuff tonight. Cookie flight
azul_rain
What's that stripe one?
BrokeAssAggie
a new brownie-inspired cookie with "caramel crme" and sea salt called "Adventurefuls"
Irish 2.0
The new ones! Adventurefuls!! I'm committed to $300 in Girl Scout cookies already in the last week. Give me all the thin mints, toast yays, adventurefuls, and caramel chocolate chip!

It's 'Fat Irish2.0" season!!
BrokeAssAggie
That's a lot of cookies
azul_rain
Ah hell. I just gave up sweets
azul_rain
Trefoils are the OG
Ragoo
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

The new ones! Adventurefuls!! I'm committed to $300 in Girl Scout cookies already in the last week. Give me all the thin mints, toast yays, adventurefuls, and caramel chocolate chip!

It's 'Fat Irish2.0" season!!
you can buy them year round….
Irish 2.0
BrokeAssAggie said:

That's a lot of cookies

azul_rain
Since when?
azul_rain
This is the one area the Girl Scouts absolutely dominate the Boy Scouts, nobody wanted to by my crappy popcorn from a tin can like they did Girl Scout cookies.
oldarmy1
AG
$SPY 455 is key. Translate that to the S&P and same. If you're in deep it's never a bad move to lighten your load through the fog. We could hold this key support, as we did first test today, But it could easily breakdown and bleed out for some time.

Long holdings I tend to pick a few shares up during each level down. Trades I've already lightened up,

Example is BIGC. I'm surprised to see it under $30. Long term I think it's a big winner, but it makes me wonder just how low we'll spiral before it finds major support levels. Same with most anything. There's no magic bullet to these periods. Is it opportunity or peril? All you can do is watch for a massive volume day with a "V".
BaylorSpineGuy
Professor, do you trade the SPY and other indexes? If so, and this things breaks 455, do you like long-dated options or fairly short term options and just trade level to level?

I've been reluctant to go long on anything. Farmer tipped me off on BTI and T, and those are holding me up, but I just can't find much to go long on right now.
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

SOFI moving AH
Hell yeah, bought back my CC's today, but didn't sell any more. Some times it's better to be lucky than good. although the market may sell off more tomorrow, futures look wild (volatile, up down).
oldarmy1
AG
I love to buy put/call spreads $3-4 from current price because the volatility nearly always will move hard directionally more than the combined premium.

Otherwise I wait for a v bottom on big volume and buy calls $5 above price and out 7-10 days.
Brewmaster
AG
scalp puts on SPY or QQQ, for SPY you can use Mancini levels or others posted here, buy puts up near resistance (failure to break over), trim or sell all on next level down. Rinse and repeat. Almost all intraday trades, rarely hold overnight.

I wouldn't bother trying to scalp calls in this market right now. It wants pain, just trade with the trend. Mancini is about as bullish as it gets, if he's bearish here, play bearish a bit.

Sell some puts too... paging 30k for this! he is great at these. And if 455 fails like OA says, that's potentially a big money maker in puts. Just watch the first 30 minutes tomorrow, if we get a rip to 4560 (and fail), put time.
BaylorSpineGuy
Can someone please clarify the correlation between SPX, ES=F, and SPY? I've noticed that 4560 ESF is not exactly 4560 SPX or 456 SPY, etc.

59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$SPY 455 is key. Translate that to the S&P and same. If you're in deep it's never a bad move to lighten your load through the fog. We could hold this key support, as we did first test today, But it could easily breakdown and bleed out for some time.

Long holdings I tend to pick a few shares up during each level down. Trades I've already lightened up,

Example is BIGC. I'm surprised to see it under $30. Long term I think it's a big winner, but it makes me wonder just how low we'll spiral before it finds major support levels. Same with most anything. There's no magic bullet to these periods. Is it opportunity or peril? All you can do is watch for a massive volume day with a "V".
This is the way folks. Mr. OA1 was posting a ton throughout 2018 which was the first full year that I got totally consumed with all this. Go back and study that year... in hindsight it was wild but such a good learning opportunity. These times can take a long while to play out and typically end in a predictable way. These up and down wavy sidewaysish down trends take extreme patience and almost never end in a boring way.

I'm much more correlated to IWM & QQQ overall than SPY so the last 6+ months hasn't been much fun. But hey, lots of other stuff to keep us busy... day jobs, holidays, kicking covid's arse, etc.

I've been hoarding extra cash from savings and last year tax loss selling to be ready. It isn't time yet. It will likely be obvious. Just wait for all the panic posts with mad faces and crying emojis throwing in the towel. Then slap that capital in and wait for the magic!

59 South
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Can someone please clarify the correlation between SPX, ES=F, and SPY? I've noticed that 4560 ESF is not exactly 4560 SPX or 456 SPY, etc.

Somebody else may be able to go into more detail, but this is my simple basic understanding:

SPX: Actual S&P 500 traded during normal market hours, sum of all parts of S&P 500 index. The 'actual' market

ES=F: Futures on SPX, traded during normal market hours + a substantial amount of extended hours, think of it like orange juice futures vs orange juice. SPX is the price of orange juice traded right now and ES=F is a contract for orange juice with an agreed price sometime in the future.

SPY: an ETF (an aggregate investment product like a mutual fund except traded live like a stock and also with options unlike mutual funds); it is designed to correlate as closely as possible to SPX, but like any aggregate product it gets a little off balance and requires rebalancing from time to time to 're-correlate' to the object that is is designed to mimic. SPY's objective is to mimic the SPX and trade at a value of approximately 10% of SPX for ease of math and options.

There are tons of ETFs now for all kinds of stuff, and there used to be none. SMH (semi-conductors) or JETS (airlines) for example are tickers designed to correlate to specific sectors.

PS f/ those who use TradingView... Futures tickers for S&P 500 & Nasdaq 100 are ES1! and NQ1! respectively. Not for sure if ticker is same on other platforms.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
First Page Last Page
Page 4856 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.