Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,664 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by ProgN
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the daily for SPY considered a doji star? Following two green hammer days?
Brewmaster
AG
Senor Butthead said:

hoping for a F dump tomorrow
yeah there's plenty of flow on it, bullish flow. and Hidden Pivots had a $28 price target (on his public twitter feed).
Brewmaster
AG
CVNA

I think Prog and others are in it... HP hates this one. It is a short setup he keeps showing updates on (twitter feed). So just a word of caution, but I know you all will set stops or watch it.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

looks like a spinning top to me... neutral but bullish lean I think given the close above yesterday's close.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to have my face ripped off.
Everybody loves a dirt road
azul_rain
Have you tried turning your portfolio on and off?
Spoony Love
AG
NUE green hammered yesterday and looking over the last six months it likes to string together a few up days afterward. Looking for two more days up then flat if my trend lines are correct. (I need to spend more time posting pics). I do have a S/R around $117.35. If it can break that resistance, it is very close to breaking the trend line afterward. Price targets were lowered so I would think $117.50 is key over the next few days to see if those were just a hit piece or actual research.
FTAG 2000
AG
Don't throw anything at me but it looks like a bearish spinning top to me.

Note also the volume profile on SPY. We're at the volume high, closed right on it (471.02 - see red arrow). Is there enough energy to push through that tomorrow, or do we retreat back down the volume levels?

Talon2DSO
AG
hedge said:

Blowing in it helps too
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
My portfolio's the happiest it's been in weeks. I'm not touching it!
Everybody loves a dirt road
Spoony Love
AG
That's my concern and thanks for including the volume profile.

I'd like to refer to FJ's post last night about the bounce off the 100 especially when it hammers off the 100. It has more often than not continued up to ATH. What I can't see is if seasonality will have a dampening effect on the underlying stocks and allowing that energy to fizzle.
cageybee77
AG
hedge said:

I seem to do best when my portfolio is frequently empty/near empty at the end of each day.
Thundergon
Anybody looking to pick up $ROKU at these levels? Seems like a safe place to try going long.

5 year weekly chart

2 week 15-min chart
azul_rain
Nintendo 64
cageybee77
AG
Thundergon said:

Anybody looking to pick up $ROKU at these levels? Seems like a safe place to try going long.

5 year weekly chart

2 week 15-min chart

wouldn't it be "safer" to wait to see a significant turn-around in price and volume?
RenoAg
BREwmaster said:

CVNA

I think Prog and others are in it... HP hates this one. It is a short setup he keeps showing updates on (twitter feed). So just a word of caution, but I know you all will set stops or watch it.

They have some noise that's not insignificant. Several large states considering suspending their dealer licenses. They have considerable titling issues. I don't think they're necessarily intending to perpetrate fraud. I think it's more likely incompetence. Either way, there is a legitimate problem brewing here. Full disclosure: I have no investment in this company. But I do work for the financial arm of an automaker. I'm a bit familiar with this industry.
FTAG 2000
AG
Thundergon said:

5 year weekly chart

2 week 15-min chart

I think I'd wait to see what it does next.

We're back to 2020 ranging for ROKU.

It's at the top of a volume shelf at the 177.04 area. From there you've got points below at 162 and 145, with the point of control down at 131.31.

Especially if rates rise and tech growth does it typical Q1 thing, ROKU could continue to fall.

ProgN
Thundergon said:

5 year weekly chart

2 week 15-min chart

You're in January, it's better to wait until their earnings. If they disappoint, the shorts will crush this closer to a $100 than where it is now. Personally, I'd rather them crush earnings and buy it at $200 before I'd gamble my money hoping how things come out.
Brewmaster
AG
RenoAg said:

BREwmaster said:

CVNA

They have some noise that's not insignificant. Several large states considering suspending their dealer licenses. They have considerable titling issues. I don't think they're necessarily intending to perpetrate fraud. I think it's more likely incompetence. Either way, there is a legitimate problem brewing here. Full disclosure: I have no investment in this company. But I do work for the financial arm of an automaker. I'm a bit familiar with this industry.
great to know, thanks for your contribution. TexAgs we know stuff!
flyingaggie12
AG
Thoughts on $PL?

Up big on GS buy rating, $11/sh price target.

WhaleWisdom shows numerous funds adding to their positions. Strong insider buying in December in the mid 6s
FTAG 2000
AG
flyingaggie12 said:

Thoughts on $PL?

Up big on GS buy rating, $11/sh price target.

WhaleWisdom shows numerous funds adding to their positions. Strong insider buying in December in the mid 6s

Mind the gap.

FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

well, that makes 2 5 of us..

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wasn't impressed with todays close.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was flat today. Oh well.
Spoony Love
AG
That makes 2 of us.
Red Rover
AG
I was pretty happy with today's close. I was not so pleased with the last 30-60 minutes prior to the close.
Philip J Fry
AG
AG 2000' said:

Philip J Fry said:

Yeah, that was me. I've been watching it for a few weeks now.

With the stacked EMAs plots and other analysis? Need to go back and find that, I need to learn / dig more.

Philip J Fry said:

Check out RRC. Looks like it's ripe for a run to me.

Philip J Fry said:

I keep staring at the RRC graph thinking I should throw a lot more money at it.

I've apparently been watching/waiting for this move since December. Hope it continues. It should single handedly make up for my CLOV loss.
agdaddy04
AG
How are you playing it and what's your PT?
Philip J Fry
AG
I bought at 18, with expectations of exiting around 25/27. Don't think my plan has changed much.

The technicals show as much as 34 though, so I'll likely put a trailing stop loss once if hits 25s.
BaylorSpineGuy
The S&P chart continues to look very toppy for me. I was fortunate to sell those SPY calls for 55% gain today. I only traded two (am being very risk adverse right now and doing all I can to Inc account even if only trading a a couple hundred dollars at a time till I get comfortable and determine my trading style more clearly).

Anyway, I must admit it was a little discouraging to see how the market responded today. With consecutive bullish green hammers, I really thought this market would follow through. I went back and looked the last year or so when the market has lost the 50 EMA and then tested the 100 EMA and bounced, it has typically been a fairly forceful pump.

Today it looked like it lost steam though. If we fail to take out 4745 or so (Mancini levels) which is about 472.5 or so on SPY, we do appear to be in the right shoulder otherwise of an H&S pattern.

Watch yourselves if we don't take out the 4750ish mark of SPX. And things will get really bloody if we lose 4600 one more time.
BaylorSpineGuy
If you draw a trend line from the early April 2020 low to the next higher low from there, it looks like we crossed below that trend line in Sept 2021 and have been largely resisting it since then. The slope of that trend line has flattened out a fair amount since November as well.

Someone on here mentioned the other day about some algos shorting at ATH's and buying at the 100 EMA. This is a pretty fair thought, although I also think it could be some distribution actually with institutions unloading their bags on retail. Look no further than all the cloud-based stocks over the last few months.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ok folks:

- bullish above SPX 4730, target 4740/4750
- bearish below SPX 4725 target 4700
- lose 4700 and we are going to 4670

Be careful where you buy or short.
lobwedgephil
SPY bounced exactly where it needed too, may put in a pit bull low here, but the opex pattern is still on track for now.

cjo03
AG
Saw this at airport and at first glance I thought it was a sign…

Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

also, ES looks different than SPY. I would always defer to ES if charting and looking at individual daily candles.
First Page Last Page
Page 4836 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.