Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,907 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by I bleed maroon
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Come on OSTK, bend that 5ema up a bit more.
McInnis 03
AG
SPY go time......
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
cageybee77
AG
Philip J Fry said:

my biggest holding atm. but with an appropriate stop......
Spoony Love
AG
Looking for $470 tomorrow.
azul_rain
Let's go
Philip J Fry
AG
cageybee77 said:

Philip J Fry said:

my biggest holding atm. but with an appropriate stop......

IMHO, eBay should be on our radar too. Looks like a double bottom off the lower channel line to me.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY intra-day 5EMA (15 min chart) is about to cross the 20, 50 and 100 EMA. Could see a serious move up from there.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I should have dumped when rahm emanuel left the board. Now I'm in the "lost so much I'd rather leave it as a reminder" camp. Between this and wwr (and cx) i think I've learned a bit about how to play oa ma recommendations. It's all about building net free holdings via buy/writes, selling portions on spikes, selling cc, and forgetting about the "free" shares, don't put too much in a spec play and there's no such thing as a "sure thing" Except maybe prog's ttd tip
Everybody loves a dirt road
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
30k you selling ree 5p again?
Everybody loves a dirt road
ProgN
planoaggie123 said:

I noticed he said $250....but bought $272....i assume that is what you are referring to?
Price targets are just estimations, not set firm levels for me. NVDA hit 259 yesterday but exploded when the Nasdaq rallied. I bought it because it's extremely oversold and seems like it may be reversing. I'd rather make money from 272 to 300+ than be stubborn and not own it because it didn't hit my 250 number. NVDA is a fan favorite for funds and will really run when the Nasdaq does. That's why I bought it at the close yesterday.

Now TTD did hit my $75 or less target yesterday. I posted that I bought another 1000 shrs. I wanted to buy 3000 shrs total, but I wasn't sure if it's found a bottom and maybe I could get a better price on the next 2000 shrs. Now I'm in a quandary because I'm up $10K profit in 24 hours and if I sell, it'd more than pay for my Miami trip last week. It's like I was paid to party in Miami. I'm probably going to sell and take the profit because I think that we'll have more down days this month and I can buy it back for another ride up.

Hope that helps
Brewmaster
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

So how much of this do you think is a head fake/misinformation vs reality?

Why would they offer to be so insightful for free?

Here is what I really think:

Some major bank/broker called the bottom yesterday, and it wasn't Goldman. I'm thinking Chase or Morgan. This is Goldman wanting to retest those lows to get their clients in.

Jim Cramer started buying again in early afternoon after telling everyone over the weekend that more pain was needed before buying in. He never has an original thought and has no time for actual analysis, so he was tipped off by whatever bank/broker I discussed above that called the bottom.

Build Back Better will pass in some form and it will have major infrastructure spending on tech. This rate rise BS, which will spike but will never been seen through to the end is simply meant to hammer mid cap tech - and it has worked.

AAPL MSFT GOOGL FB AMZN NVDA are for your retirement funds. These investment banks got a 50% retracement on mid cap tech that will soon be Big cap tech in the next decade. They got what they wanted and got to buy mid caps at discounted valuations
thanks for posting this! great info, except I think BBB has zero chance of passing in any form, they dont' have the votes.
Agsquatch
AG
$F please go to 24.5
Ragoo
AG
QQQ 385c from Friday is working now. Let it run?
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

Bonfire1996 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Some major bank/broker called the bottom yesterday, and it wasn't Goldman. I'm thinking Chase or Morgan. This is Goldman wanting to retest those lows to get their clients in.

Jim Cramer started buying again in early afternoon after telling everyone over the weekend that more pain was needed before buying in. He never has an original thought and has no time for actual analysis, so he was tipped off by whatever bank/broker I discussed above that called the bottom.

Build Back Better will pass in some form and it will have major infrastructure spending on tech. This rate rise BS, which will spike but will never been seen through to the end is simply meant to hammer mid cap tech - and it has worked.

AAPL MSFT GOOGL FB AMZN NVDA are for your retirement funds. These investment banks got a 50% retracement on mid cap tech that will soon be Big cap tech in the next decade. They got what they wanted and got to buy mid caps at discounted valuations
thanks for posting this! great info, except I think BBB has zero chance of passing in any form, they dont' have the votes.
For now. They've pivoted to federal takeover of elections and are trying to use that to eliminate the filibuster to pass it. If they do, then they'll comeback to an even bigger BBB bill, just watch.
Spoony Love
AG
Yes, I followed a $400 QQQ lotto mention and those are almost double right now. I haven't looked back for who posted it but great call.
McInnis 03
AG
One of these days I'll learn to stop trading the opening range timeframe. That's my weakest action by far. I've made up for OR trade mistakes the last 3 dasy in a row, but these gains could be much nicer without the OR accidents.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
planoaggie123
AG
Very helpful. Thank you for that.

I got in right at $270 so happy there. Reserved some to see if the market has any more dips...may not and may wish I would have pushed all my chips in but we will see...
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

One of these days I'll learn to stop trading the opening range timeframe. That's my weakest action by far. I've made up for OR trade mistakes the last 3 dasy in a row, but these gains could be much nicer without the OR accidents.

You mean by trading during the OR, not trading the ranges, right?
ProgN
planoaggie123 said:

I got in right at $270 so happy there. Reserved some to see if the market has any more dips...may not and may wish I would have pushed all my chips in but we will see...
For some reason I win more of my trades when I don't "push all my chips in" and lose my ass when I do. Market is a funny fickle animal.
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

You mean by trading during the OR, not trading the ranges, right?
Correct. For me, trading in the first 30 minutes has been flawed. Using the Opening ranges and the protections they provide (ie: go long on ORH break, stop at the ORH....or short at the ORL break, stop at the ORL) has worked for me well.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
ES just turned almost precisely at the ETH high.......breather?

B&I Key:
planoaggie123
AG
ProgN said:

planoaggie123 said:

For some reason I win more of my trades when I don't "push all my chips in" and lose my ass when I do. Market is a funny fickle animal.

Between that scenario and being stubborn and waiting for $269.50 vs $270....almost did that earlier and dont think it would have filled and after it did it went up pretty quick....
BenRev09
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Haven't done much digging yet, but ALLT might check some of these boxes. Humbly submitting to the board for others to weigh in on the prospect
Irish 2.0
Doing a whole lot of covered call selling today
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Deplorable
$DWAC having a nice day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU ready for liftoff?
Talon2DSO
AG
TTD has given me a pretty good profit here. Cashing some out and leaving some runners.
LMCane
BREwmaster said:

Bonfire1996 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Build Back Bankrupt is not going to pass, and why on earth do you believe it would spend a ton on technology?

I think you meant to say "will waste a trillion dollars on early childhood babysitting", because that is the major spend over ten years.
BourbonAg
AG
Same.
LMCane
BenRev09 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Haven't done much digging yet, but ALLT might check some of these boxes. Humbly submitting to the board for others to weigh in on the prospect

maybe this guy is thinking of the BIB, the bipartisan infrastructure bill which DID pass and supposedly is supposed to be upgrading tech.

Build Back Bankrupt is 90% social spending on health care and payouts for college tuition and childcare and health care.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Trade relevant: if you have any money in a roth 401k (or Roth IRA convertible account), I'd speak with someone about converting it to an IRA. Depending on your tax situation and strategy it can save you money in the long run. Despite your political ideologies, IF BBB gets passed, the latest revision removed the IRA backdoor.
Philip J Fry
AG
Convince me that SAVA isn't going to just settle back back to the 42/43 level. Made a nice bit on the last run up, but don't want to renter too soon.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
tailgatetimer10 said:

Trade relevant: if you have any money in a roth 401k (or Roth IRA convertible account), I'd speak with someone about converting it to an IRA. Depending on your tax situation and strategy it can save you money in the long run. Despite your political ideologies, IF BBB gets passed, the latest revision removed the IRA backdoor.
Adding to this note above. Double check, but I believe you will still be able to back door if your income is under $450k filing jointly. Again double check.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Is this where BBB left off? I went ahead and converted everything that made sense before Dec 31 2021. I don't trust what the final verdict could be.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
tailgatetimer10 said:

Is this where BBB left off? I went ahead and converted everything that made sense before Dec 31 2021. I don't trust what the final verdict could be.
Don't know that answer.

I made a 2022 conversion on Jan 3rd because of the proposed legislation you posted. I read about the income caps and failed to keep up with it after mid-Nov 2021. Further, according to federal law you can't recharacterize a contribution/conversion....so I'm in. If the law changes they better accommodate me. If they eliminate the cap(the $450k cap I mentioned) and allow 2022 conversions to be the last year for such, I have some major decisions ahead.
First Page Last Page
Page 4828 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.