Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,051,053 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by I bleed maroon
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jamie Dimon talking about the best economic growth he's ever seen on the horizon.

I smell a Biden admin rat spouting the company line just like Jim Cramer.

Take his words with a grain of salt.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

I'm not confident that the downside pressure is over so use caution and alert. I'll take my profits on my trades if they have a nice run at the open. This is a trading market right now IMO, don't get greedy.
Thanks for the TTD talk yesterday. I bought a little at the open today.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

I'm not confident that the downside pressure is over so use caution and alert. I'll take my profits on my trades if they have a nice run at the open. This is a trading market right now IMO, don't get greedy.
Cool, it's a great company and at a very favorable price. You can either trade it, because it's volatile, or hold it and make money. I don't see much risk either way. You just have to have the stomach to not get emotional with the swings.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

Cool, it's a great company and at a very favorable price. You can either trade it, because it's volatile, or hold it and make money. I don't see much risk either way. You just have to have the stomach to not get emotional with the swings.
Yeah, I had bought and sold earlier for a decent profit. May do it again or set it aside for the grandkids.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Shorting /GC at 1806. Stop 1807
mazag08
AG
mazag08 said:

NDX trying to bottom today. QQQ $375 is the top of the target box and $366 is the bottom.

I expect strong reversal. Should look like a stick save

Watching tomorrow. Hit the bottom boundary of the 1+ year channel and nearly the 38% retracement of its move since Nov 2020 which was $366. If tomorrow continues up impulsively I'll be loading up calls for February and maybe March. This thing has runway to $450 before the next sizeable correction, assuming this one ended. Not a timing expert. No idea how long it could take to get up there.
mazag08
AG
On the flip side, SPY is also looking up short term but is very diagonal in nature which = choppy trading. Will be staying away. Also has a sizeable drop on the horizon. Thought it SPX might continue and grab 4400 today. Still not ready. It will though.
mazag08
AG
Would be surprised if this isn't the start of a correction for energy. USO is very stretched to the upside and XLE is tagging the upper boundary of a long term channel. It could drop here and it wouldn't surprise me. But I could also see it continuing to $65 and then dropping.
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
https://unusualwhales.com/i_am_the_senate/full

really interesting analysis here (i'm assuming you don't need subscription to read it). pelosi gets a lot of attention but she's not the only one doing really well.

Barty Dont Hedge
I am sure they are just really good chartist....
Bonfire1996
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

BlueTaze said:

ProgN said:

Jamie Dimon sees the best economic growth in decades

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/jamie-dimon-sees-the-best-economic-growth-in-decades-more-than-4-fed-rate-hikes-this-year.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Quote:

Sees more than 4 rate hikes this year.

A couple weeks after the S&P bottomed in March 2020, Dimon wrote a letter saying a bad recession was on the way, and that his BOD may have to suspend dividend under extremely adverse conditions.

So maybe back then that was in anticipation of a huge fed pump and stock market rally, and today he is anticipating aggressive fed taper and a stock market crash. Or he was just wrong.

I think it's actually more sinister. I think GS and JPM want a tech crash to get more reasonable valuations for their clients. There is no yield to be had at 35x to 50x PE ratios in tech.
Aaaaand, I was right:

CNBC
Goldman's says a tech disconnect is the 'single greatest mispricing' in U.S. stocks

A tech stock derating likely has further to go, according to Goldman Sachs' Chief U.S. Equity Strategist David Kostin.

U.S. tech sold off sharply in the first week of the year, taking the Nasdaq 100 into correction territory briefly on Monday before rallying to snap a four-day losing streak.

Analysts broadly expect 2022 to be a tough year for high growth tech names that have benefitted from ultra-loose monetary policy necessitated by the Covid-19 pandemic as that stimulus unwinds.
Irish 2.0
Bonfire1996 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

BlueTaze said:

ProgN said:

Jamie Dimon sees the best economic growth in decades

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/jamie-dimon-sees-the-best-economic-growth-in-decades-more-than-4-fed-rate-hikes-this-year.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Quote:

Sees more than 4 rate hikes this year.

A couple weeks after the S&P bottomed in March 2020, Dimon wrote a letter saying a bad recession was on the way, and that his BOD may have to suspend dividend under extremely adverse conditions.

So maybe back then that was in anticipation of a huge fed pump and stock market rally, and today he is anticipating aggressive fed taper and a stock market crash. Or he was just wrong.

I think it's actually more sinister. I think GS and JPM want a tech crash to get more reasonable valuations for their clients. There is no yield to be had at 35x to 50x PE ratios in tech.
Aaaaand, I was right:

CNBC
Goldman's says a tech disconnect is the 'single greatest mispricing' in U.S. stocks

A tech stock derating likely has further to go, according to Goldman Sachs' Chief U.S. Equity Strategist David Kostin.

U.S. tech sold off sharply in the first week of the year, taking the Nasdaq 100 into correction territory briefly on Monday before rallying to snap a four-day losing streak.

Analysts broadly expect 2022 to be a tough year for high growth tech names that have benefitted from ultra-loose monetary policy necessitated by the Covid-19 pandemic as that stimulus unwinds.
This is their way of saying they missed on buying this dip...lol
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
BaylorSpineGuy
So how much of this do you think is a head fake/misinformation vs reality?

Why would they offer to be so insightful for free?
BaylorSpineGuy
You guys may remember I called out VERU a while back as they have a androgen-receptor targeting drug for BrCA.

Anyway, they just got FDA fast track designation. Good things happening here.

I sold and took a loss last month so I will be buying in a couple weeks, but I will be looking at LEAPS options. The Jan '24 LEAPS look attractive with a delta of > 0.8 and B-A between 2.30-5.50.
austinAG90
AG
Yesterday the Nasdaq hit the 10% corrective level and had a nice bounce to close positive yesterday and up 77 points this morning... S+P also had a nice move overnight bouncing about 25 points off its overnight low to be up 15 points... Both GS and UBS made positive equity comments... Today we have Powell being grilled for his confirmation hearing... Expect to see some push-back from the recent Clarida resignation, two weeks early due to equity trading, but we expect Powell to be easily confirmed and the questions from Senators more towards fighting inflation.

Fed speakers... Bostic started us out overnight with multiple headlines about starting raising rates as soon as March with every meeting being a live one... That caused the curve to flatten, on top of yesterday's flattening move... We still think the Fed will use the balance sheet to keep the curve steeper than it is currently...5 years have taken the brunt of selling, up 28 basis from the start of the year, which is only 7 trading days... 10 years remain in the 1.70-1.80 range for now... But we expect that to give out. As far as Fed speakers today besides Powell, you have two hawks, Mester and George, and one Super Hawk, which is Bullard... Pressure on flattening will remain as the short base in the long end of rates seems to be over their skis for the moment.

Rates...Leveraged accounts , like CTA's, are among the most bearishly positioned in bonds than they have been in years, according to Nomura's Quant Analyst Charlie McElligott. " the aggregate $Notional across the aggregate G10 bond positions is now greater than 2 standard deviation rank (IE very net short) dating all the way back to 2002" . Translated this means that while everyone knows the Fed is ending tapering, raising rates, and going to reduce their balance sheet, the straight line move is now going to be tougher... Too many shorts in the pie means we could get a move back in the long end in 10 years to 1.62, and long bonds to 2%.., we saw two strong moves in 10 years above 1.80 yesterday, which could not be sustained... So while Not a prediction, just a warning about a reversal...but for 5 years we see a 1.49-1.62 range... 10 years 1.625 to 1.92 range... But it will remain volatile... And with the 5/30's curve reversing in the last few days from 71, we can now see it get to 49.

Corporate spreads are better this morning with the uptick in equities... Yesterday 10 borrowers priced 12.2 billion of issuance.. Paying 5 basis in concessions... One borrower stood down and will revisit today... Corporate bond market remains healthy for now... The TLT Etf, which is a 20+ year treasury ETF, saw the second largest outflow since March 2020, the height of the panic.

We expect to see choppiness remain in both the rates space and the equity space... We do not think the worst is over for either...but the Fed is going to be Hawkish for this quarter...
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Spoony Love
AG
If anybody is interested in metal, NUE is trying to hit the 100EMA, and I have support around $108.20. Could be a buy the dip because it has had good support over $110 lately. I think it will drop below $109 and then climb back to $114 this week into next. Just my opinion and posting for a look back on whether this is a bad take or not.
Bonfire1996
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

So how much of this do you think is a head fake/misinformation vs reality?

Why would they offer to be so insightful for free?

Here is what I really think:

Some major bank/broker called the bottom yesterday, and it wasn't Goldman. I'm thinking Chase or Morgan. This is Goldman wanting to retest those lows to get their clients in.

Jim Cramer started buying again in early afternoon after telling everyone over the weekend that more pain was needed before buying in. He never has an original thought and has no time for actual analysis, so he was tipped off by whatever bank/broker I discussed above that called the bottom.

Build Back Better will pass in some form and it will have major infrastructure spending on tech. This rate rise BS, which will spike but will never been seen through to the end is simply meant to hammer mid cap tech - and it has worked.

AAPL MSFT GOOGL FB AMZN NVDA are for your retirement funds. These investment banks got a 50% retracement on mid cap tech that will soon be Big cap tech in the next decade. They got what they wanted and got to buy mid caps at discounted valuations
M4 Benelli
A bunch of talking head analysts just released downgraded PTs on the steel sector. Personally I think they're full of bologna as these companies are making money hand over fist. CLF is my main love child, if it dips under $21 in the next few weeks pre-earnings load up. It tends to follow a channel far more than NUE.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Interesting. What does the fast track designation do? Does it allow you to go from Phase 2 trials directly to marketing? I'll have to read up more on this one. I'm not sure if I'll just follow this one or actually get in on it. What strike are you looking at on those LEAPs? With lower dollar stocks sometimes I just prefer shares as well.
McInnis 03
AG
Waching ES, above 4669 long, below 4634 short.....inside that is range/direction unknown.

Watch 4653 tho....we bounced off that 3x overnight and was last weeks low.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
cisgenderedAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

Interesting. What does the fast track designation do? Does it allow you to go from Phase 2 trials directly to marketing?.

No. It means the Agency agrees that it treats a serious illness AND meets an unmet need. They will get more frequent meetings with the Agency (which can help derisk regulatory interference) and they can submit their approval as portions of the program are finished instead of all at once (which can speed up the review of the marketing application). They still have to have all the bells and whistles.
BaylorSpineGuy
I think it allows them to work more collaboratively with the FDA. The FDA recognizes that there is an unmet need in the market, and they help facilitate as best they can. Something like this?

I was gonna select the 5C. Shares can work too. They are gonna have a couple Phase 3 trials this year so they may need some runway before those results trickle in. I'm guessing it's over a year away but not certain. I'll talk to my Heme-Onc friend and see what insight she might have.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm in the same boat as you. Metal prices aren't dropping and NUE has made strategic acquisitions lately that I think takes this stock to higher highs or a split. I'm leaning toward a split. I follow this company closely as I live in a Nucor community where many in our community work there.
Bonfire1996
AG
Spoony Love said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Metal prices aren't dropping and NUE has made strategic acquisitions lately that I think takes this stock to higher highs or a split. I'm leaning toward a split. I follow this company closely as I live in a Nucor community where many in our community work there.

This also takes my to Jamie Dimon saying we are about to boom economically. If the banks truly felt that, Steel companies wouldn't be trading at 5x earnings and having their price targets lowered.
Spoony Love
AG
I mean, he is a big Dem contributor so he may just be spewing filth.
E
AG
NIO about to hit $28 resistance again?
Bonfire1996
AG
I think I caught a pump and dump.

RHHNF

I'm in around $1.00
Spoony Love
AG
Be part of the group that causes the dump. You're over a triple right now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tried to tell you guys
FTAG 2000
AG
Falling Hs everywhere.
Spoony Love
AG
Repeat of yesterday?
Cloud
BABA
tlepoC
AG
I'm starting to like those TTD 85Cs a bit more today.
First Page Last Page
Page 4826 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.