Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,941 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't be fooled. We had to rally. We were really oversold. I'm not doing anything until Powell talks.
Spoony Love
AG
When does he speak?
Agsquatch
AG
Bonfire1996
AG
BlueTaze said:

ProgN said:

Jamie Dimon sees the best economic growth in decades

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/jamie-dimon-sees-the-best-economic-growth-in-decades-more-than-4-fed-rate-hikes-this-year.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Quote:

Sees more than 4 rate hikes this year.

A couple weeks after the S&P bottomed in March 2020, Dimon wrote a letter saying a bad recession was on the way, and that his BOD may have to suspend dividend under extremely adverse conditions.

So maybe back then that was in anticipation of a huge fed pump and stock market rally, and today he is anticipating aggressive fed taper and a stock market crash. Or he was just wrong.

I think it's actually more sinister. I think GS and JPM want a tech crash to get more reasonable valuations for their clients. There is no yield to be had at 35x to 50x PE ratios in tech.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
9 central
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think R/G is a real possibility here.
Juicy gap play.
what do you have to say now McInnis?
cptthunder
Stupid trading rules.... bought a weekly SPY 365 call when SPX hit 4585(Mancini level) and sold when target hit because i couldnt monitor and took my 35% gains that are now 305%
Just kidding feels good to have the win and end green for the day
Brewmaster
AG
greener days ahead! (maybe)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

BrokeAssAggie said:

If futures go green tonight y'all think we have a Green Day tomorrow?

On /ES: over 4705 to be bullish, target 4740, then 4780. Under 4660 bearish, target 4620, then 4560. No trades between 4660 and 4700 4680
I want to repeat this, especially the highlight. We closed at 4660. I want to change the 4700 to be 4680. I am willing to risk long at 4680 with confirmation at 4705. 10 point stop on that, I think.

Tomorrow, I am not planning to trade during the IB period. Sorry for the McInnisesque language.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
cptthunder said:

Stupid trading rules.... bought a weekly SPY 365 call when SPX hit 4585(Mancini level) and sold when target hit because i couldnt monitor and took my 35% gains that are now 305%
trailing stops, yo.
irish pete ag06
AG
cptthunder said:

For every 1 trade that does that... 99 others go from 35% to 0%

Great trade!
FTAG 2000
AG

cptthunder said:

trailing stops, yo.
What would you set for trailing stops on the options? What's a good number, or percent?

I've adjusted to using those more in December and into January, they seem to get hit quickly (and almost invariably, before it continues a run up).

SF2004
AG
What the hell did ya'll do to the market.

Away all afternoon thinking I am going to have a really red day and it turns out $9 in the green?

Who feed the Gremlins after midnight?
GTIAG09
AG
Any thoughts on LCID? Had an inside day today, and there was a lot of volume on the 1/14/22 $43 & $45 calls. This is what I'm looking at in terms of entry points. I think I remember Irish Pete posting some inside bar trades before.

azul_rain
Somebody made a Virgin sacrifice for us.
FTAG 2000
AG
hedge said:

Somebody made a Virgin sacrifice for us.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I just bought some VIX $19P weeklies for $0.10. If we bounce here these could pay nicely. Obviously lotto level risk.

I just broke a rule and bought more for $0.06

Average cost of $0.07 and sold half for $0.25. The runners were worth $0.44 at close. A gap up tomorrow and they'll print money. I say I wish I'd bought more but it was such BS that no I don't.
Spoony Love
AG
I did a little of this today as well but not near those results.

I think if you get a gap down in VIX you could play this one opposite of today. There is plenty of volatility to come
FJ43
Love watching y'all degenerates trade/scalp VIX.

Brings a tear to me eye.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

Fortune cookie from take out Chinese on the road.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BrokeAssAggie
I will take the headache!
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03 said:

I think R/G is a real possibility here.
Juicy gap play.
what do you have to say now McInnis?

BenRev09
AG
Welfare check on anyone holding PETZ, wow
Irish 2.0
BenRev09 said:

Welfare check on anyone holding PETZ, wow

Dafuq is PETZ?
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
agdaddy04
AG
One I'm glad I got out of, and actually made a few bucks on. It was another touted in this thread for awhile. Can't recall who brought it up first.
agdaddy04
AG
Another Chinese company that was best to stay away from.

Don't know how I was able to sell it for $8/share in November
wanderer
OA back on 7/9/21 (Twitter)
BenRev09
AG
My biggest win of the last 6 months which probably tells you all you need to know about my trading
ProgN
I'm not confident that the downside pressure is over so use caution and alert. I'll take my profits on my trades if they have a nice run at the open. This is a trading market right now IMO, don't get greedy.
FJ43

PETZ

I didn't play this one but looked at y'all comments. If OA called this one out on 7/9/21 on Twitter (blue vertical line), and you entered between 2.15-2.50 there was so many opportunities to manage the trade.

Anywhere from $3.40-9.00+

Sheesh I'll take that every single day.

FJ43
ProgN said:

I'm not confident that the downside pressure is over so use caution and alert. I'll take my profits on my trades if they have a nice run at the open. This is a trading market right now IMO, don't get greedy.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ProgN said:

100%. This is a market to short rallies until proven otherwise.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm still holding that shop lotto. It was $9.50 at close.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

I'm still holding that shop lotto. It was $9.50 at close.

You have to watch theta on this. I want to see how SHOP opens, but I will definitely move stops to at least entry if it's got some upward motion.
First Page Last Page
Page 4825 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.