Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,195 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ProgN
ryanhnc10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diggity said:

Offered without comment

Quote:

There is a famous story, we don't know if it's true, about how in the late summer of 1929, a shoe-shine boy gave Joe Kennedy stock tips, and Kennedy, being a wise old investor, thought, "If shoe shine boys are giving stock tips, then it's time to get out of the market." So the story says Joe Kennedy sold all of his stocks and made a killing, and maybe that's the beginning of the fortune that made JFK president three decades later.

That's what I thought about bitcoin a long time ago
jpag
AG
Prog and 59,
So on Roku, do you see them holding off Google or at worst being co leaders with Google over the next year or two? Is the market big enough for Roku to continue to grow in the high 30% plus if Google continues to steal market share away from Roku? It just feels like right now the market is extremely worried about competition and accelerated slowing growth. And then there is Roku's profit margin. It seems like it is getting squeezed over the short term from Google hence the reason why Roku is eating the price increases on it players versus passing them on to the customer/tv manufacturer. Thoughts?
ProgN
chrisfield said:

My sons (6 and 10) brought me money today and said they wanted to invest It in the stock market. It's a mix of saved up allowance and some Christmas money. I told them a while ago I'd match anything they put into the market. So where would you all put the money? I hope they won't touch it for a very, very long time.
I'd buy TTD and forget about it. I believe it has several more splits in its future.
bmoochie
AG
ProgN said:

chrisfield said:

My sons (6 and 10) brought me money today and said they wanted to invest It in the stock market. It's a mix of saved up allowance and some Christmas money. I told them a while ago I'd match anything they put into the market. So where would you all put the money? I hope they won't touch it for a very, very long time.
I'd buy TTD and forget about it. I believe it has several more splits in its future.

Reason being? I know TTD has been mentioned a bunch but don't know much about it.
ProgN
Leader in its industry
Just signed an agreement with Walmart online
Only has 440 million shares after a 10:1 split last June. Therefore has several more splits just to be in the ballpark of other market leading companies.

Hell PLTR even has 1.6 B shrs outstanding.

The growth potential is off the charts.
This one buy will probably pay for my son's college, he's 6, just by never selling it.
bmks270
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

For me:

FB
MSFT
NFLX
CRM
ADBE

I've got MSFT, NFLX, ADBE myself. I've owned them for a while.
bmoochie
AG
Thanks!!
lobwedgephil
Speaking of PLTR, in a good sport r/r here to try a long, If it looses 16, easy cut.
irish pete ag06
AG

BAC for now.
Banks are a great bet with rate hikes.

On that note... would SOFI be a company helped with rate hikes? Even though they are still considered growth.
ProgN
lobwedgephil said:

Speaking of PLTR, in a good sport r/r here to try a long, If it looses 16, easy cut.
Honestly, I think it's a great long in this range and I wouldn't set a stop loss. They were already an established company before they went public and have a ton of government contracts. They're not an upstart like most IPOs. Will it go lower if we have a correction, of course it will but I see minimal risk at this price. I think that you'd regret your stop loss getting filled within 6 months. I'd suggest buying it and writing covered calls each month, generating income, over setting a stop loss.
lobwedgephil
Agreed investment wise, I was just thinking trade. But I do own for long term hold.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Decent risk / reward here. Long term bet.
Post removed:
by user
M4 Benelli
Anybody eyeballing OSTK? Will be approaching a yearly low at this rate.

50EMA is 73.23, currently trading at 53.40. No news on why its taking a grand ***** They hold 20% of their market cap in cash, are the 4th biggest e-commerce entity, and have had six positive quarters. New CEO from a year back driving to make it a behemoth.

Has done this swing thrice already in the past year. With the possibility of a bloody week ahead of us, may be able to scoop it up under $50.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
M4 Benelli said:

50EMA is 73.23, currently trading at 53.40. No news on why its taking a grand ***** They hold 20% of their market cap in cash, are the 4th biggest e-commerce entity, and have had six positive quarters. New CEO from a year back driving to make it a behemoth.

Has done this swing thrice already in the past year. With the possibility of a bloody week ahead of us, may be able to scoop it up under $50.

Yes. In and feeling pain. Cost basis of $60. I think with time this goes to $150. I am planning to buy some shares sub 50, at a minimum for trading.
Ag13
AG
Aren't they big into Bitcoin? May explain the price action.
cageybee77
AG
M4 Benelli said:

I'm trading it now, but I'll be buying an holding when it gets to the right price.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Nasdaq has bounced three times from the spot we are in. Nobody bullish.
Dan Scott
AG
This week we rally to new highs or tank. I feel the general tone of the various chatter about the markets is really negative.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$SHOP my favorite bounce play. It hardcore sold off
Triple_Bagger

Nasdaq has bounced three times from the spot we are in. Nobody bullish.
I was pretty bearish until I heard democrats are considering more stimulus. Not sure that's enough to counteract the effects of a hawkish Fed, but we will see.

Trying to stay neutral for now. The Nasdaq is at a critical spot.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

You thinking options or just shares on this one? Model t spreads?
Everybody loves a dirt road
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes. Pretty serious level here.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

You thinking options or just shares on this one? Model t spreads?

I want to see price hold 1150.

Most aggressive: 1200C or 1150/1250
Moderate: 1150/1175C (I like this a lot)
Conservative: 1150/1140PCS
Most Conservative: 1110/1100 PCS
lobwedgephil
Should bounce soon, but people still playing for more downside.

BaylorSpineGuy
$370K in puts on SHOP? What is that…..like 3 contracts? ;-)
Irish 2.0
Those are blocks. Blocks aren't necessarily downside bets. They're hedges usually
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
lobwedgephil
Yeah I know, it isn't followable flow, just interesting to me that they got it in right before the bell Friday. Most of the flow on Shop has 1100 as the downside target.
irish pete ag06
AG

People smarter than me… what does this mean?
Philip J Fry
AG
Thanks to the common head cold that's floating around the office, I had some time to sit down and expand my screening tool..

Major Changes:
1) Added Linear Regression calculation to determine overall slope of the data.
2) Added 5, 10, 20, and 120 EMA lines
3) Now covers almost all US Equities.

Last weeks picks:
WHD:
Price at 1/3 Open: 37.86
Current Price: 42.70
Percent Change: +12%

AGO:
Price at 1/3 Open: 50.4
Current Price: 54.12
Percent Change: +7%

The technicals show there's still room for growth. I'll probably let it ride a few more days before I exit.

This weeks plays:
RRC
OSTK
DNN
GURE

Raw results found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fEntCI1CBNiMouKlBlBY9rL6u4GtecEvB4RSzQqAhO8/edit?usp=sharing

I generally like setting 5ema, 10ema, and 20ema over 120ema and then find MACDs that show buys with RSI's below 50. This usually results in stocks that are bumping up against major support and don't have built in resistance when they bounce.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lobwedgephil said:

Should bounce soon, but people still playing for more downside.

I agree and why I want 1150 to hold.
BrokeAssAggie
If futures go green tonight y'all think we have a Green Day tomorrow?
Irish 2.0
Quite the opposite actually. We're still under the 50ma on the QQQ. Until it reclaims, gap ups tend to get faded.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
BrokeAssAggie
So you think odds for a Green Day are better if we open red?
Irish 2.0
As long as we're under the 50, yes.

It's just a guess off of normal trend. I'll play it either way, but that's just my guess. Also, I don't look at futures until an hour before market opens usually. It causes anxiety
First Page Last Page
Page 4819 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.