Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,794 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Cru
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
XLE will hit $65 by March expiration. I feel 100% confident in the price and 50% confident on timing. I could see it happening by the end of the month, but I'm not willing to bet on that timing.

After that it will revisit $55 range.
Agsquatch
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the QQQ putting in a bullish pennant on the 60min? Never been good at judging flags and pennants. Not my thing
for the sake of my stupid idiotic dum dum move i made earlier i hope this means good news for AMD.
cptthunder
$VALE is looking really really tight with the 8/21/50 emas stacked.
Good volume day yesterday, and staying strong today. If this breaks it gets to $15 real quickand then there is a gap around $16.30 which isnt far off from the Model T at $17.15

Ccutamu
cptthunder said:

$VALE is looking really really tight with the 8/21/50 emas stacked.
Good volume day yesterday, and staying strong today. If this breaks it gets to $15 real quickand then there is a gap around $16.30 which isnt far off from the Model T at $17.15
A lot of OI on the 1/21 13, 14, and 15Cs as well.
FJ43
Irish 2.0 said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the QQQ putting in a bullish pennant on the 60min? Never been good at judging flags and pennants. Not my thing

Could be taken as a bear flag on an hourly since in a downtrend.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Irish 2.0
Thanks. LIke I said, never been good with understanding flags. Was just a little bored and thought I'd give it a shot
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Spoony Love
AG
Is somebody going to poke SPY and see if it's alive still?
tlepoC
AG
I poked as hard as I could
Agsquatch
AG
i understand i'm wishcasting here but uh that was a big green bar for AMD. I think we finish green.
bmoochie
AG
tlepoC said:

I poked as hard as I could

Things a girl doesn't want to hear from you for $200 Alex
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Crwd could be a rdr. Thinking about grabbing a couple expiring $200c lottos
Everybody loves a dirt road
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Fj charts better on his phone while driving 85mph than i do with two monitors and thinkorswim
Everybody loves a dirt road
McInnis 03
AG
DISNEY to the 21 day and then green hammered right off that sonuvagun
BaylorSpineGuy
Hindenburg shorting RCL. Grabbed a couple ATM puts as a lotto.
kyle field 94
AG
denied said:

Spoony Love said:

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking about pulling a little gain from XOM and getting back in at a lower price. This will make me think about it more now.

XOM is one I don't mind just holding (the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats are ones I am happy to have in my long term portfolio); but I went ahead and sold this week with the intent of getting back in before the next ex-div while avoiding the wash sale.

Depending on when you got in, you most likely are in a gain position. And if so, there are no wash sale rules on gain transactions. You can buy and sell as often as you want with out having to worry about 30 days
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
T - taking somewhat of a breather today. Tomorrow is Ex-Div ($0.52).

My thoughts,...

1. I think today we Close somewhere around $26.20 to $26.32.
2. Tomorrow we flash correct dividend or part of it, down to $25.83.
3. There's a gap from 2 days ago $25.94 down to $25.88.
4. The flash dividend correction fills the gap and it steady accelerates to $27 and hits the mark next week.
5. After $27, heading to $28 will be slow.
6. $28 to $29 - faster than $27 to $28.
7. Should have tail winds from analysts upgrades through the month.
8. Head winds will be mid-Feb to March bearish seasonality.
9. There is an outside chance of condensing everything and heading to $30 before the end of Jan if Earnings(Jan 26th) present pleasant surprises and positive forward guidance. (and dang it, they might do it)
10. My 52 week high estimate is $38
10. My outside the range 52 week high estimate is $45
11. My way outside the range 52 week high estimate is $52
12. Current Fair Value for T is estimated at $97.73/share
13. The Warner Bros./Discovery deal....I am wildly bullish about....wildly....whether they get taken over or not. I'll likely take as many shares as possible if that's an option T leadership provides or hold shares they allot, all yet to be determined by AT&T & Discovery. If the WB/D NewCo makes it 2 years on their own without being acquired, I think that would be a miracle. I believe Apple or Disney will acquire WB/D Newco. For Apple or Disney, either could write a check for the total and not blink.
Agsquatch
AG
Senor Butthead said:

i understand i'm wishcasting here but uh that was a big green bar for AMD. I think we finish green.
denied
Thank you. I didn't know that.

But just to clarify; if I sold with a gain and then rebuy, regardless of the price being higher or lower than my original purchase price or of my sale price I am clear of wash rules?
Red Rover
AG
How much did your wishcaster cost?
kyle field 94
AG
denied said:

Thank you. I didn't know that.

But just to clarify; if I sold with a gain and then rebuy, regardless of the price being higher or lower than my original purchase price or of my sale price I am clear of wash rules?

You are Correct. It doesn't matter your repurchase price. Then when you sell it again, you have worry about your new sale vs new purchase price

The govt/irs is not worried if you want to recognize gains, as they can then tax you on them, they are only trying to prevent you front taking losses on the last day of the year and buying right back in and therefore trying to capture losses to reduce your taxes
wanderer
ATVI was creeping back up to fill that gap at ~77, but has been beaten down with the rest of tech the past 2 days (from 68ish to 64ish). Quite a few on the board probably still have some of those net free 1/21 65 calls laying around.
Agsquatch
AG
two years salary over the course of 6.
Irish 2.0
wanderer said:

ATVI was creeping back up to fill that gap at ~77, but has been beaten down with the rest of tech the past 2 days (from 68ish to 64ish). Quite a few on the board probably still have some of those net free 1/21 65 calls laying around.

Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess I should've sold SAVA at $53 when I had the chance.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

this is the way. Value is the shift, tech is about to be dead. I'm long some F calls, target of 28 (hidden pivots target).
Irish 2.0
Philip J Fry
AG
Remember that next time it hits 53.
BrokeAssAggie
rippy

Triple_Bagger
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

this is the way. Value is the shift, tech is about to be dead. I'm long some F calls, target of 28 (hidden pivots target).
How dead will tech be? Should we load up on SQQQ?
denied
Breaking your rules.

I started trading for myself with a plan in August of '20 that I tested through the end of the year and had some success. I refined those rules and in spring of '21 my refinements proved very successful. I made one last tweak that I put into effect for the second half of the year and I beat the S&P 500 two years in a row (not by a lot last year).

One of my rules is sort of a balance rule, I won't have more than 1/12 of my "Play" money in any one equity. Right now I have T within a single share of my 1/12 rule. I want more (greedy).

Do you ever let yourself temporarily relax your rules, or is it a slippery slope?
E
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I need to give the board a heads up when I bail out of my holds that continue to fall and I can't stand to watch… I bailed on my remaining PHUN right before lunch

Also bailed on CIDM and MGNI… who seemed to hit major resistance and OA confirmed reversal on MGNI right after
McInnis 03
AG
This market sucks, so until it doesn't suck read this....Thank me later

denied
McInnis 03 said:

This market sucks, so until it doesn't suck read this....Thank me later

And if he does it right they will be awesome! I like his business model. When I make grilled cheese at the house (three kids that are still young enough to enjoy them) I need to make sure I have a full loaf of bread, and I don't do fancy grilled cheese. I have had adults tell me they are great…. maybe I will steal his idea and run a cart in College Station, franchise later.
BrokeAssAggie
Trump just blew past $60.
McInnis 03
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Trump just blew past $60.
DWACW $17
First Page Last Page
Page 4811 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.