Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,798 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by I bleed maroon
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I scalped some SPY 468 calls for ~35% profit this hour. Sorry, I would have posted but AFK. I even had to set a sell order target since I wasn't able to monitor the trade.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

Bulls can't figure out if they want to fight this or not. I think bears are about to take this lower. It feels like a hesitation move.

If it loses $467, I could see it getting to $460 in a hurry. Though I am not considering in previous volume buys but looking at the daily it seems to have bounced at that level. That would be a correction I think
yeah just temporary short squeezes if you ask me, ramp and dump by the end of the day.
McInnis 03
AG

Bob Knights Paper Hands
$SAVA
I've set a ton of spread orders today. Targeting 19x-25x for Jan2023 expiries with strikes from $125-140, 30x+ for 2/11 expiries with strikes from $68-72, and 14x+ for Jan2024 expiries with strikes from $80-125.

I'm just looking at call chains to see if I can find any good combinations for spreads. We'll see if these fill while today is volatile. I've done this many times before and they rarely do fill, but occasionally on these volatile days I can get some really favorable spreads that I sell back later when things calm down or hold for a move upward.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Agreed. If we aren't north holding of the 20-day I think we'll test that 50-day again before close.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Trade idea. NFLX found support at the 350 EMA (544ish). It's resistance is clearly now the 200 EMA (565-566ish).

May be good scalping through here although the volume support at the 350 EMA wasn't great.

Interesting one. Note that most of the early volume was green, which is good. However, I'd like to see a little more volume on this reversal after it tagged 542 with that longish wick. It still might be a good scalp up close to that 566 range.
FJ43
Short Baton Rouge

Cutting through it. What a pit.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

Short Baton Rouge

Stayed there on the way home from Disney last year...do not recommend
Red Rover
AG
Stop by and say "I said how do you do" to Coach Foghorn while you're there!

SPX is back to green, the recession is canceled again.
Spoony Love
AG
You should short I-10 until you get past Beaumont if you're headed that way.
gougler08
AG
Also, bulls said GTFO over last 15 min
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Stop in west baton rouge and get your cracklin fix at bergeron's
Everybody loves a dirt road
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

Short Baton Rouge

stop and Darrell's in Lake Charles for the best Po Boy you will ever have.

https://darrellspoboys.com/
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

$SAVA
I've set a ton of spread orders today. Targeting 19x-25x for Jan2023 expiries with strikes from $125-140, 30x+ for 2/11 expiries with strikes from $68-72, and 14x+ for Jan2024 expiries with strikes from $80-125.

I'm just looking at call chains to see if I can find any good combinations for spreads. We'll see if these fill while today is volatile. I've done this many times before and they rarely do fill, but occasionally on these volatile days I can get some really favorable spreads that I sell back later when things calm down or hold for a move upward.

How are you getting to 19-25x on the 125-140 spreads?

Current mid is 1.5.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I just bought back the ROKU $240Jan2023 calls that I'd sold a few days ago at a 20% discount. I'm not sure if that was smart or not, but that's never stopped me before I guess.

Edit to add: if ROKU closes above 196.71 this is a RDR. I'm pre-empting, which is a flaw, but there we are.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Did mr dynatrace catch the bottom?
Everybody loves a dirt road
FJ43
AAPL 170P expiring could be a fun lotto trade if things flush at all again. .40 ish now. Bought a few at .37.

Lotto so hero or zero.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm looking for oddly priced spreads within larger ranges. For instance that Jan2023 I'm seeing the 135-140 priced lower than other ranges. If I can fill that for $0.20 or even $0.25 I feel good about that. Another oddly priced one is the Jan2024 $80-85. I'm trying to fill that for $0.25 to get 19x potential.

I just open up the option chain and look for price steps that don't move down as much as other steps in the range. It's complete bottom-feeding and I'm sure whoever at Fidelity has to look at my orders hates me, but I'll take it. The other day a bunch of Jan2023 $70-105 and Jan2024 $110-125 executed when there was a lot of volatility. Most days they don't execute even if my buy price is higher than the midpoint price.
gougler08
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I just bought back the ROKU $240Jan2023 calls that I'd sold a few days ago at a 20% discount. I'm not sure if that was smart or not, but that's never stopped me before I guess.

Edit to add: if ROKU closes above 196.71 this is a RDR. I'm pre-empting, which is a flaw, but there we are.
Lots of hammers currently showing...would be a nice reversal signal if it can hold here all day
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm looking for oddly priced spreads within larger ranges. For instance that Jan2023 I'm seeing the 135-140 priced lower than other ranges. If I can fill that for $0.20 or even $0.25 I feel good about that. Another oddly priced one is the Jan2024 $80-85. I'm trying to fill that for $0.25 to get 19x potential.

I just open up the option chain and look for price steps that don't move down as much as other steps in the range. It's complete bottom-feeding and I'm sure whoever at Fidelity has to look at my orders hates me, but I'll take it. The other day a bunch of Jan2023 $70-105 and Jan2024 $110-125 executed when there was a lot of volatility. Most days they don't execute even if my buy price is higher than the midpoint price.
Thanks.
mazag08
AG
USO is very close to topping off. $58-$60 range and then it's going to drop hard.

S&P energy sector is also close to topping out and could see a 15% drop before resuming upward and ultimately higher.

From all the sectors I'm watching. More of them are close to topping out and starting serious corrections than have (edit: "near term") upside left. Just be careful out there.
FJ43
Nonfarm payrolls tomorrow. Could go either way.

Spoony Love
AG
Thanks for the insight. I was thinking about pulling a little gain from XOM and getting back in at a lower price. This will make me think about it more now.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

AAPL 170P expiring could be a fun lotto trade if things flush at all again. .40 ish now. Bought a few at .37.

Lotto so hero or zero.

These are .60. Trimming some.

BaylorSpineGuy
NEE is a stock I have followed for almost a year. Nearly bought at $71 but my limit order never got filled. If it comes back, that's a great company to own.
cptthunder
New one for the group that i dont think i have seen discussed before.
$ADM
Worldwide sourcing for grains/oil seeds with processing plants all over the midwest and locations across the world. Full scale logistics and marketing groups and full chain coverage from the farm to processing into all facets of products of corn and beans. Ethanol to grocery supply.
The chart looks interesting as it appears to have finished a cup at all time high levels and could be forming the starts of a handle. Ive had it on the watch list and its showed relative strength through the volatility of the last month or so

Anyone have any insight on this one?
Agsquatch
AG
i broke my rule and got greedy and didn't sell when i made money on my amd calls. now i'm down like 70 bucks when i was up 200. stupid stupid greedy idiot
denied
Spoony Love said:

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking about pulling a little gain from XOM and getting back in at a lower price. This will make me think about it more now.

XOM is one I don't mind just holding (the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats are ones I am happy to have in my long term portfolio); but I went ahead and sold this week with the intent of getting back in before the next ex-div while avoiding the wash sale.
Spoony Love
AG
I know they are charging ludicrous amounts for Amino Gains goat feed made by ADM at Producer's Coop in Bryan
cptthunder
Spoony Love said:

I know they are charging ludicrous amounts for Amino Gains goat feed made by ADM at Producer's Coop in Bryan
Seems bullish to me haha
Im going to see if this steps back to the 8 ema before entering anything a starter position and see if this could be forming a handle if im looking at the chart correctly
Irish 2.0
Probably won't seem bullish after you see their production and transport costs…
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
cptthunder
Old fan favorite $CIDM is down to long term support around $1.10
cptthunder
Irish 2.0 said:

Probably won't seem bullish after you see their production and transport costs…
Good point, gonna keep watching and see what earnings report has on that side of it
FJ43
cptthunder said:

Old fan favorite $CIDM is down to long term support around $1.10

In

Irish 2.0
Are my eyes deceiving me or is the QQQ putting in a bullish pennant on the 60min? Never been good at judging flags and pennants. Not my thing
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
First Page Last Page
Page 4810 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.