Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,323 Views | 231689 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy fam, brutal day but you can still make it productive. Pour a drink, start charting your watchlist and formulate a shopping list. I recommend buying shrs, but if you prefer options, then buy longer dated options and give yourself more cushion.

Here's mine so far:

TTD $75 or less
PLTR $15.5 or even at it's current price. They're profitable with a ton of contracts
NVDA $250ish.
DKNG I'm adding at this level. I'm scaling in slowly and small lots
DWAC I really like this one because $50 seems to be huge support and Trump's media platform should launch in Q1. Love him or hate him, millions of people are going to join it and I think DWAC will spike hard.

CZR sub $80 will probably print money when markets rebound.

I'm still going through my watchlist so I may add more to this later.

I'm flying home tomorrow evening so I'll definitely see y'all on Friday.
Touchless
AG
Agreed. Not sure the point of evening holding that event to just state what's already been said. This will likely have no activity or continue to dip back down to larger support levels until June unless they announce something before then.
FJ43
Don't y'all just love trading! What a rush.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Philip J Fry
AG
And remember, cash is a position.
Irish 2.0
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
azul_rain
No
agdaddy04
AG
When you "scalp" shares what kind of profit are you looking to grab?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought SPX calls a few times today off bounces that didn't work out. I cut losses quick, which is about all I did right today. SAVA and T were good. Yay.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

When you "scalp" shares what kind of profit are you looking to grab?
15-30%
cryption
This is a pretty big single buyer on Gap. Not a store I think of shopping at, but the flow is pretty bullish

On my watchlist for tomorrow.

Spoony Love
AG
What would lead a single buyer to keep hitting the buy button for what looks like an hour or so?

Or is this just the continual filling of a single order that took that long?
Philip J Fry
AG
I don't typically swing trade mutual funds, but I'm just not feeling confident in CPOAX. It's heavy with Russel 2000 and down 30% from it's high. Is there any reason to hold on to this thing? Part of me wants to sell out and hold cash on the sidelines for a while. Would be less stressful than watching my 401k disappear.
cryption
Whales will break up buys sometimes. Get around the algos, and to hide the order size so it doesn't move the price before they want it to move. A single large order may disrupt the market. Iceberg orders

https://www.warriortrading.com/iceberg-order/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoNWOBhCwARIsAAiHnEhfxwbTfNwhDyGXw_CF0-T9m2mLFFJEKn4EFLcCuzKYG3OFQagqqRQaAo1oEALw_wcB
lobwedgephil
They did that in Sept on IWM, bought about $10M of calls, next day they peeled out 250k at a time so no one noticed.
cryption
Futures looking rough. SPY lotto not looking so hot
BaylorSpineGuy
I picked up a MSFT put right before close. Hope this holds so I can close a winning trade tomorrow AM.
lobwedgephil
Could work, just be careful following spec flow. You want to see size, time, and urgency for flow trading. And the main thing you want to see is contract price going up, so if they are hammering something at the same strike, and don't care what they are paying, you want in that.
mazag08
AG
I'm really curious here. I thought the last wave down in December wasn't nearly deep enough. Then we had the pre Christmas drop that I thought was going to tag 4300 and be ready to explode upward after Christmas. IWM also needed a deeper low to break out of the Darvish box and explode up. NDX had been extended and could have also used it. Instead, sentiment so badly wanted it's Christmas rally that it melted the market up.

So where are we now? Is this the big drop that's really just a continuation of the last one? Or does it bottom off and melt us up again?

Because we're going to revisit 4200-4300 again. It's going to suck a lot more and take longer if we do it from a higher starting point.
lobwedgephil
I don't think this is the big drop, but we are likely going lower than you mentioned at some point.

bmks270
AG
All of my tech stocks obliterated today especially with 3 of my holdings getting down grades today.
ProgN
bmks270 said:

All of my tech stocks obliterated today especially with 3 of my holdings getting down grades today.

Do you analyze your trades on blind trust when you commit your money? Never do that! Spoiler alert, no one here or ever has this figured out. Learn technical analysis and evaluate every rec you read. Never trade blindly off of any rec. Learn or lose real money, it's up to you.
mazag08
AG
bmks270 said:

No doubt. But that's even farther in the future.

Looking at sector ETF's, a few of them have large runways up, some are topping off in micro counts with small corrections due, and some are starting significant corrections.

That's why I'm so curious. Which ones will weigh the most?

I know for a fact that the SPDR semiconductor ETF, XSD has a lot more weakness. Sitting at $230 now but I could see it land anywhere between $200 and $220. Lines up with the corrections we're seeing in big chip stocks.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Premarket a little red, with QQQ leading the way again. If we don't get a bounce by 9:30 this could be another red close sort of day. I took profits on all my VIX calls yesterday and regretted not leaving a runner for the last hour.

Our little $SAVA is back above $50.
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Talon2DSO
AG
How much longer is AMZN going to tank? They've been free falling all week. Same with AMD and NVDA.
Irish 2.0
Longer. Nothing is really a buy yet that I can see. Not that I've looked lately, but while under the 50MA on the QQQ and approaching the 100MA, there needs to be some basing for a bit before you look to put on longs. I fooked myself on AFRM and NET. Got out of AMD on Tuesday
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Triple_Bagger
$50 is a longterm S/R for SAVA. It dipped below during yesterday's selloff but didn't take much to get back over that level.

Surprised to see the short interest still so high. Fidelity has been out of shares to short sell for a few weeks and is charging a 9.75% borrow rate (the highest I've seen for SAVA). Maybe the shorts are right, but if they're wrong, we could get an explosive move upward.
McInnis 03
AG
WARNING AGAIN

austinAG90
AG
Thursday Macros

The Fed come out swinging their bats yesterday and the markets were no where prepared for that... The talk about accelerating rates coupled with balance sheet reduction told the markets the Fed has come out with the potential to use all tools to fight inflation... This is what happens when the Fed has been behind the curve for so long... We said earlier in the week to expect the low price/high yield of treasuries the morning of the employment number... It looks like that is what is going to happen...

Rates.. Getting slaughtered slowly... We raised our target for the week on 5 years to 1.495, we are about there right now at 1.475... 10 years barely got to 1.70 yesterday but are now at 1.75... 1.77 was the high yield last year, that will probably be taken out... And 2 long bonds does not seem to be holding, now at 2.13... And it is not just the US... Only two European 10 years remain in negative yield territory, with Bunds and the Swiss... It looks like Bunds, trading at -.047, will be the next to flip.... We thought it would happen this year, but did not think it would happen in the first week of the year... But there was a reason for our madness that rates would take it on the chin, as we thought that the Fed was going to move much more quickly that markets anticipated..

Equities... The Nasdaq stocks did not like the change in heart from the new Hawkish Fed... The inverse correlation between rising rates and plummeting long duration Nasdaq stocks was evident yesterday ... With day 4 staring, the Nasdaq is down 3.5% YTD as of last nights close... And down another 80 points right now...S+P is only down a point... So there is room for higher rates with a stronger economy and some light at the tunnel for a positive equity market...FYI, Nasdaq futures are down 6.4% from its November 22 high... So not corrective territory yet...

Fed...Daly speaks at 11.30 in Ireland, but the topic is not clear... However, Bullard speaks at 1.15, and is clearly focused on the US Economy and Monetary Policy... This speech will have sparks attached to it... Both Bullard and Waller have been behind the Fed of Kansas City report that says the Fed should reduce the balance sheet along with raising rates... Expect Bullard to support that and he is a voter this year.... So we will be focused on that speech... But the reality is that the markets need to get adjusted to the New Fed HAWKISHNESS... And we are not there yet...

NonFarm... With ADP out yesterday with almost a double of the expectation, we wonder why more economists are not raising their expectations for numbers tomorrow... The expectations was raised from 400 to 433, but we think the number could be a clear outlier tomorrow... More reason for a move in 10 years to 2%... Mizuho was out this morning talking about a 3% 10 year.

The world is not coming to an end with the Fed Hawkishness... Financial conditions remain loose and New issue corporates continued to come yesterday at a steady pace... Yes some are front running the fear of higher rates, but the demand remains "like a rock"...Spreads have moved out small amounts so far, with CDX IG out to 52 and CDX HY out to 306... But 20 billion came yesterday, with a good chunk of Formosa bonds coming to market...The weekly total surpassed 54 billion, well above the 35-40 that was predicted. Order books were 2.2x oversubscribed offerings moved 23 basis from IPT, and new issue concessions were .2 basis... So the demand is still there...Even junk saw some good demand as Ford was able to come to market in the 7 year space at 127 spread with a 2.90 coupon... Have you seen Ford's stock???/ tripled from a year ago going from 8.68 on 1/6/21 to 24 now..

Expect another choppy day... But we expect our support levels to hold for at least a few hours... Remember there were a massive amount of puts bought on 10 year futures... So the downside is still vulnerable
FJ43

Brewmaster
AG
Talon2DSO said:

How much longer is AMZN going to tank? They've been free falling all week. Same with AMD and NVDA.
well past the 100 day I bet... and remember tech weakness is probably here already (typically 3 months).

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Shorts could be right in the end and we still make a lot of money on SAVA. There's potential for positive news quarterly, any of which could cause a squeeze. If that happens before any bad news comes out we can still get net free plus on all of our current contracts and shares. Also it's still possible that it really does work and this goes to the moon.
BaylorSpineGuy
This board usually does a great job of calling out plays.

I was surprised but don't recall seeing anything about MSFT recently.

It's one of the ugliest looking triple tops I remember seeing. Not sure how low it goes or if it recovers from here, but charts looks quite bearish.
Triple_Bagger
DNN/Uranium investors

The political unrest in Kazakhstan might send Uranium prices up. Kazakhstan is the #1 producer of Uranium.
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This board usually does a great job of calling out plays.

I was surprised but don't recall seeing anything about MSFT recently.

It's one of the ugliest looking triple tops I remember seeing. Not sure how low it goes or if it recovers from here, but charts looks quite bearish.

I'm keeping an eye on it. If it breaks below $316ish could make its way down to $312.
First Page Last Page
Page 4808 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.