Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,089,716 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Swollen Thumb
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Spoony Love said:

Are you saying MM's are walking down stop losses and then we could see a run to end the day?

Yes. Wait for them to punish longs. They will either rally it from here or they will do a punch down.
Are you thinking I shouldn't have the stop losses in place that I just put on? Or just be ready to buy on a reversal?

I wouldn't be long weeklies from here unless relative strength. I think they will push this down to hit stops and then rally.

If nasdaq loses 16390 and stays below, I would probably lighten up. I think the market will rally. They just need to ruin some peoples day first.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Irish 2.0
1.1MM on SNAP 2/18 50C at 3.25
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
TSLA just went green, wake up time.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Philip J Fry
AG
I've done some personal reflection over the break on trading tragedies (tragedies) and I noticed that I'm much more willing to sell for a loss than to sell for a profit. I'll put a stop loss limit at just under known support levels, which almost always gets triggered these days, but I'm not selling when I'm up 20%. I was going for net free, but I think something along the lines of selling 10% of shares for every 10% gain intervals would be better suited to me.

/end diary
Irish 2.0
What is the split here for Options vs. Equity? I bet I can pinpoint a lot of problems here based on what you're trading.

Not a star *****, I had that record on my last username, but lets figure this out right quick. It may change how I mention stuff in here too as to spare people from making overly aggressive moves.

Star where you're at.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Irish 2.0
Options
Irish 2.0
Equity
BrokeAssAggie
Why not both.gif
Triple_Bagger
80% common shares / 20% options
wanderer
I don't really see that being helpful, way over simplified. Most likely have both. Also doesn't take into account what kind of options (leaps/monthly/weekly, ITM/OTM, calls/sold puts).
Irish 2.0
CrazyRichAggie said:

Why not both.gif
The problem is if you're not dilligent about selling and have a tendency to hold onto stuff or double down, options will kill you. It is how I blew up an account and stopped trading options (except deep ITM calls for less up front cash or naked puts). If you have trouble taking an 'L' and getting out with a papercut, stay the hell away from options. They're not forgiving and if you jumped in on a gamma squeeze off a high flyer, adios. At least if you're in equity, you can sell CC against the position if you keep finding yourself holding. It isn't as exhilerating as options and the adrenaline isn't quite there like options, but you'll sleep better at night knowing you're not a down tick away from having your account decimated. Longevity in this game is all about protecting capital. Because if you're not protecting it, there are plenty of people that are happy to take it off your hands.
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm 100% stock. Mostly because options still seem like black magic to me and I don't trust myself to keep my portfolio from hitting zero.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

Equity

I'm 90 equity/ 10 options
azul_rain
Username checks out
sts7049
AG
mostly options here. the account i play with for day trading or active trading is more interesting for me in options.

i will occasionally jump into equity but not often.
Ornithopter
AG
Can someone post a link to the discord please?
tlepoC
AG
https://discord.gg/vvpHcXYG
Ornithopter
AG
Thanks!
FTAG 2000
AG
Is it better to watch futures or tickers like SPX, NDX to see where the macros are going? I've been tracking futures (/ES, /NQ, /RTY), but see ya'll talking about SPX, NDX.

Spoony Love
AG
Is TSLA getting to $1100 today? I think it needs to get back to that level soon
Irish 2.0
Bought DKNG 3/18 $15C at 11.9.

This is what I was talking about when I said buying deep ITM calls to get more shares with less upfront cash.
Agsquatch
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

This is what I was talking about when I said buying deep ITM calls to get more shares with less upfront cash.

Why not sell outs?
Irish 2.0
Senor Butthead said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Why not sell outs?
Because selling the puts would require me to lock up more capital for 11wks and this allows me to convert the the calls to shares if the stock is trending the way I want it to. I typically leave the naked puts for weekly plays. That strike price also brings us through CFP, NFL Playoffs, and into March Madness
jwhitlock3
Irish 2.0 said:

Options

Small account that I actively trade with is 100% option plays.

Edit: to add, its a cash account with $10k and if i played equity it takes 3 days to clear money back into the account whereas options are next day. It's been difficult to learn though.
Irish 2.0

Full Disclosure:
No idea who the **** this is, but the stock started moving on this tweet

ETA:
YouTube Video
Spoony Love
AG
As far as value of the account I am 80% equity 20% options.

As for daily active trading? I do way more option trading than equity trading. I keep the equity untouched unless it is at a profit level I want to take off. I generally take profits from options (which isn't as often as I'd like) and roll them into equities.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

I've been scaling into DKNG this week too. It looks like a no brainer 50+% return in a few months.
spud1910
AG
About 65% equity/10% options/25% cash
GTIAG09
AG
ProgN said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I've been scaling into DKNG this week too. It looks like a no brainer 50+% return in a few months.

Thanks for the callout guys. I like the play, especially with the divergence between stock price and RSI (blue trend lines in the pic).
BrokeAssAggie
QQQ volume
ProgN
I bought shares not options because it's not a pricey stock and if we have a January correction it'll go lower with the market. With shares I can ride out the storm without the time clock working against me. I believe it prints $45 or more before June.
tlepoC
AG
Don't think that guy is very reputable based on some quick perusing BUT it did help me close out some CCs for dirt cheap
FTAG 2000
AG
How do we feel about FB's drop today?
Engine10
AG
$EPD has caught a few bids this week, been building a small position there. 8% yield and I like it at this price for my IRA.
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

How do we feel about FB's drop today?
FB is toxic right now it seems. Too many skeletons keep popping up lately. Plus it gaps too damn often lately
First Page Last Page
Page 4785 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.