Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,091,701 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

So I've decided to pick up a personal project and build my own custom MATLAB screener. My hope is to be able to download as much stock data as I can and screen out potential stocks using a variety of indicators and eventually get some algo trading going.

I thought this graph was interesting. This would be every S&P 500 company + a few texags stocks over the past year. I've normalized it to their closing value on day 1. Pretty clear that the S&P 500 is driven by a handful of companies, but I was surprised that RRC (yellow line and DVN (green line) were the leaders.

Not sure what to make of it besides it's cool to see them all on the same plot.
TriumphForks
AG
I'm with you there. My plan is to ride thru the storm. But as time goes on and we go lower and lower I fear this one might be a dud. WWR doesn't rhyme with GOCO or MOMO so i thought we were good here.
Ags2013
AG
Philip J Fry said:

TriumphForks said:

How many of you WWR tax loss harvesters actually plan to buy back in after 30 days?

Might be a personal failing on my part, but I have blind faith in OA1. He bought more shares at 2.5 and reiterated his price target of 20. I'm holding out.
Same. I'm down a lot but the man did some quality DD and I'm not giving up this easily.
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I bought FUBO at 15.91 for a swing.
any flow on FUBO or are you just thinking it's oversold?
Irish 2.0
BREwmaster said:

Irish 2.0 said:

No flow. Just seems oversold to me
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Ragoo
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

BREwmaster said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I haven't looked but is it not cyclical with football coming to a close?
Triple_Bagger
Irish 2.0 said:

BREwmaster said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I saw bullish flow last week and put it on my radar. The 1/21 FUBO C21 was getting hammered Wednesday. OI is 15,000
Irish 2.0
Ragoo said:

Irish 2.0 said:

BREwmaster said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I haven't looked but is it not cyclical with football coming to a close?
Not necessarily. It is essentially a cord cutter's play because they carry all the content that YouTubeTV, Hulu Live, etc. do. They also having the gambling integration as well. Relatively cheap bet R:R. I'll put my stop at $14.5.

I really like how it has been consolidating here between 16-18 too
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
agdaddy04
AG
Seems like a pretty big dip for TTD today?
Brewmaster
AG
CIDM looks to have almost closed a gap from last July @ 1.18 (oh and small cap January is almost upon us).
Ags2013
AG
BREwmaster said:

CIDM looks to have almost closed a gap from last July @ 1.18 (oh and small cap January is almost upon us).
I need small cap January for my sanity
Brewmaster
AG
seasonality wise it seems like SOFI and FUBO should run hard soon. Growth in general I believe runs in January, while tech lags or sinks.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

some bigger buys coming in, whoop!
OutlawAG04
Philip J Fry said:

TriumphForks said:

How many of you WWR tax loss harvesters actually plan to buy back in after 30 days?

Might be a personal failing on my part, but I have blind faith in OA1. He bought more shares at 2.5 and reiterated his price target of 20. I'm holding out.

I saw him post awhile back on Twitter that he was buying in the $2.5 range and still holding his naked puts at $5 for Feb. When did he reiterate a $20 price target?
tlepoC
AG
12/17/21 per my notes. Don't recall if on twitter or here. Sees it going to 25 still
kyle field 94
AG
TriumphForks said:

I plan on doing the following with some wwr and some other stocks that I want to hold for longer terms

In January, I will sell 1/6 or so of my position, and using the specific stock selection to identify my highest cost basis shares.

Then in February (31 days later) if I still want to own wwr, then buy back the shares that I sold in January.

Then in March, do the same thing as in January and select the highest cost basis shares to sell. Do this throughout the year and then I dont have to do the harvesting as a one time event in January.

This will allow me to have capital losses throughout 2022, and yet I will have at least 5/6 of my positions in case there is a rally in price. This allows me to stay in the positions, but yet generate tax losses during the year to offset my other gains from trading.

ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

F16 claims another brother. Rest easy ProgN...

Hello family!
Philip J Fry
AG
oldarmy1 said:

wanderer said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'm down heavily on several long-term mass accumulation holdings but have not seen anything to deter my analysis on the companies and future on them.

Good to see you posting OA! We'll always welcome more of it.
Oh I think it's better than a chance. I am close to NIO levels in WWR. When NIO was pushing close to $2 I added so many shares I questioned myself. WWR isn't going to pull a $65 move but I do believe it sees $25.

BlueTaze
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/china-ev-battery-makers-grapple-with-graphite-squeeze-2021-12-15/

No doubt timing is good for WWR. Per above macro view on graphite.

Im still holding at $4 avg, no plans to sell. But back in October WWR said "construction activities are expected to begin before the end of 2021." There is no new news posted on their website since Nov 17. So it's looking like an over promise under deliver on Coosa construction commencement...unless "construction activities" consists of phone calls to contractors etc. or they have broken ground on new plant but just haven't put out a PR.

Quote:

"With Wes****er's Board approval of the Project, we are proceeding directly to plant construction. Requests for proposals from contractors are in process, and construction is expected to start before the end of the year," said Chris Jones, President and CEO.

*just go to news tab of company website, links don't work bc TA censors the letters west water in the url
JbKing45
BlueTaze said:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/china-ev-battery-makers-grapple-with-graphite-squeeze-2021-12-15/

No doubt timing is good for WWR. Per above macro view on graphite.

Im still holding at $4 avg, no plans to sell. But back in October WWR said "construction activities are expected to begin before the end of 2021." There is no new news posted on their website since Nov 17. So it's looking like an over promise under deliver on Coosa construction commencement...unless "construction activities" consists of phone calls to contractors etc. or they have broken ground on new plant but just haven't put out a PR.

Quote:

"With Wes****er's Board approval of the Project, we are proceeding directly to plant construction. Requests for proposals from contractors are in process, and construction is expected to start before the end of the year," said Chris Jones, President and CEO.

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2021/10/11/wes****er-board-of-directors-approves-construction-of-phase-i-of-coosa-graphite-project/

I think they made a purchase of a building, did a little Sheetrock work and that was their definition of commencing construction.
Diggity
AG
sometimes you just have to admit you're holding a piece of *****

you win some, you lose some
BlueTaze
Haha yeah, could be. The WWR PR from Oct reads "in addition to" plant construction, they have purchased the 2 buildings. So separate activities. I would like to see a PR on the completed feasibility study findings and breaking ground on new plant, or an explanation early in new year on new timeline.

Also, Samuel Engineering has nothing on their website in "projects" section related to the WWR feasability study or plant construction.

ProgN
Diggity said:

I don't think WWR is a POS and still plan to buy a block on Friday and plant it. I posted earlier this month that you should not expect upward movement of small caps near their 52 wk low and that they would probably go lower. Those are the ones that people dump first to for tax reasons and remain under selling pressure. It will probably tread water most of January as people can't buy it back for 31 days. If it's still down here by March, then it will become a concern.
Ags2013
AG
ProgN said:

Diggity said:

I don't think WWR is a POS and still plan to buy a block on Friday and plant it. I posted earlier this month that you should not expect upward movement of small caps near their 52 wk low and that they would probably go lower. Those are the ones that people dump first to for tax reasons and remain under selling pressure. It will probably tread water most of January as people can't buy it back for 31 days. If it's still down here by March, then it will become a concern.
I think my big (really only) concern at the moment is that they do need additional capital. If they do another offering at these levels, this thing is toast.
ProgN
Ags2013 said:

ProgN said:

Diggity said:

I think my big (really only) concern at the moment is that they do need additional capital. If they do another offering at these levels, this thing is toast.
I wouldn't agree that they're toast, but it would create more headwinds. I'm not in it yet, but will be and I don't plan to even include it's ticker on my primary list because it isn't a trade. If it would benefit you to book the loss, then do it and it'll probably near the same price in 31 days.

Buy when everyone is panic selling, then sell when everyone is euphoric.
BlueTaze
Who here is gonna take one for the team and slide into Zack Morris's DMs, or hire some influencers for WWR NYE bottle service??

FTAG 2000
AG
Grabbed some FUBO today and added to my SOFI position.
H-town ag
AG
Because Wes****er links are tricky ... here is the text of a recent article.

https://www.alexcityoutlook.com/news/wes****er-quietly-begins-alabama-graphite-plant-construction/article_ad86844e-5943-11ec-b098-ffc564a52af4.html

Wes****er quietly begins Alabama Graphite plant construction
Construction has begun on the Alabama Graphite Products Plant in Kellyton, though heavy construction is not due to start until spring, parent company Wes****er Resources said in an update Wednesday.
The work began last week, starting with the refurbishment of what will soon be the administration center, president and CEO Chris Jones said at the town hall-style forum. In addition to the 73-acre parcel the company received as part of its incentives package, Wes****er purchased two adjacent buildings within the Lake Martin Regional Industrial Park site for warehousing and plant management.

The Colorado-based mining company first announced it would be coming to the Alexander City area in June, selecting the Kellyton park for its multimillion-dollar graphite processing plant, 30 miles from where it will eventually mine graphite. The company leases more than 42,000 acres of mineral rights in western Coosa County, about 10 percent of the county by area.
The Colorado-based company is in the running to make Alabama the first American source of graphite, a strategic mineral as declared by the U.S. government for its use in the lithium-ion batteries found in electric vehicles.
At present, China controls all battery-grade graphite production, and only two American companies, Wes****er and Graphite One in Alaska, have graphite mines in development. In the meantime, Wes****er says it will import unprocessed graphite from an undisclosed, "non-Chinese" source.
Earlier this year, Wes****er said it would begin construction on the plant by the end of 2021, with operations starting in 2023. New chief operating officer Chad Potter, who is based in Coosa County, and Jones provided an update on that timeline Wednesday.

Buy Now

Wes****er president and CEO Chris Jones (left) and COO Chad Potter look on at a town hall forum hosted by the Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance at Central Alabama Community College Wednesday.
Siri Hedreen / The Outlook
"We've hired our engineering and procurement firm," Jones said. "We've hired our project managers. And we're working to let contracts, get detailed engineering done and to order those long-lead really big pots and pans you need to make graphite right now in real time."

But despite the low-key commencement of construction in contrast with Wes****er's June announcement alongside Gov. Kay Ivey the company still "met that [Dec. 31] deadline," Jones said Wednesday.

"What we did by buying these two buildings was accelerate parts of our construction efforts," he said. "So, hand on heart, we can certainly attest that we started construction by revamping the site of this admin building."

The town hall, hosted by the Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance at Central Alabama Community College, was the second public forum in what Wes****er has committed to making a regular occurrence.
"It feels a little bit like we have half the room here, when you get right down to it," Jones said, remarking on the sparse crowd, 50 percent comprised of Alabama Graphite and economic development alliance personnel. In the first forum in August hosted by a neighborhood association in Weogufka, much closer to where the actual mine will be built the company faced a more skeptical audience.

Wednesday's forum happened to come two days after another mining company, South Star Battery Metals, announced it would resume exploration for graphite in another part of Coosa County near Mt. Olive on U.S. Highway 280. The Ceylon graphite deposit, once home to the largest graphite mine in the county, was explored by an Australian company in 2019 but the project stalled out.
"It's not material to us," Jones said of the news.

South Star, based in British Columbia, does not yet have a controlling stake in the Ceylon deposit and is only in the exploration phase. Mining companies must go through an extensive permitting process before commercial operations can begin.

Construction of the Alabama Graphite Products plant will bring 200 temporary jobs to the area, Jones said, in addition to the 100-minimum plant jobs Wes****er promised in its deal with the local municipalities and the state. They're also actively hiring.

"If you guys know anybody, send them our way," Potter said.
ProgN
I understand the frustration and angst regarding WWR, but I'd suggest taking a step back and look at more than just the stock price.

1) OA owns a ****ton of it. He's not a pump and dump twitter guy. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he has called the CEO directly.

2) Not speaking for OA, but I'd bet he's less than pleased where it's currently at more for us than himself. It's also not his job to handhold and sooth your fears, the market is a big boy arena. OA has a huge heart and shares knowledge freely so everyone here can learn another avenue to improve the lives of your families. The most important factor is that he's not dumping it and if something were to change with the company then I'm confident he would tell us before he sold his own. That's the kind of man he is.

3) If it's causing you stress, then I'd recommend removing it from your screen and check in on it from time to time. It's not a TSLA or NVDA trading stock so don't look at it through the same lens. Increase your cash or add some more and create a mirror account. Challenge yourself to build it up to what it was, while still holding WWR.

JMO and good luck
Irish 2.0
Just go long orange juice futures and pork bellies.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Welp,....that didnt work. I'll go back to my hole.
ProgN

John Madden died
spud1910
AG
Hate to hear that. He provided a lot of enjoyment over the years.
BrokeAssAggie
Conversation with the wife today

Me - man, I sold those calls a little too early could have made some more money.

Wife - so you lost money.
First Page Last Page
Page 4782 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.