Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,943 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Serious conversation: Is Biden gonna kill the market on Tuesday? Talk of death and despair?

The fact they are announcing this talk 3-4 days in advance suggests it's gonna be a major talk. What is gonna happen? Need to watch option flow for SPY Monday? Hoping for a relief bounce tomorrow so I can sell some of the calls on swinging, then prepare for carnage.
BBB bill is dead. I think that is what has futures dumpy. Just a hunch though.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

AMC may continue tearing tomorrow with the massive Spider-Man opening.
I'm not in AMC, or care about Spider-Man, but I will go see the new Matrix movie Wednesday and "American Underdog" on Friday.
azul_rain
Lol
BaylorSpineGuy
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Serious conversation: Is Biden gonna kill the market on Tuesday? Talk of death and despair?

The fact they are announcing this talk 3-4 days in advance suggests it's gonna be a major talk. What is gonna happen? Need to watch option flow for SPY Monday? Hoping for a relief bounce tomorrow so I can sell some of the calls on swinging, then prepare for carnage.
The market will assume the worst, overreact, and then probably rally. It might get ugly tomorrow, but unless you're on margin, then you should just weather the storm. Even if he mumbles about locking down the US, he can't force states to comply. Florida will be the first to tell him to ****off and other red states will right after that.

There's a lot of bad news in Europe surrounding COVID and lockdowns and the like. I agree that our country is unlikely t follow suit. There's no political appetite for it, but our spineless coward of a president will try to capitulate to international peer pressure. It's not gonna be a happy talk on Tuesday, I'm afraid.
Dan Scott
AG
Bank of America reiterates NIO as buy with PT $65. et7 sedan deliveries begin in March, their new et5 will be September. They will be in 5 European countries including Germany in 2022.

Et5 will compete with Tesla model 3. They'll be roughly the same price but Et5 will have better range.

" As a Chinese company listed in the U.S., Li said investors have raised concerns particularly after the travails of Didi Global Inc. The ride-hailing giant struggled since its share debut in July and is now withdrawing from U.S. stock exchanges, a stunning reversal as it yields to demands from Chinese regulators that had opposed its American listing due to worries about potential leakage of sensitive data.

"We hope political issues won't affect much of a company's growth, and we for sure will abide by the local laws and regulations," Li said.

Nio is expanding its product lineup from SUVs to compact cars to widen its appeal in China's increasingly competitive EV market, where sales are forecast to surge 47% to 5 million units next year, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-18/nio-unveils-second-electric-sedan-to-compete-with-tesla-model-3
Dan Scott
AG
We are opening below the 50 at current levels
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

The market will assume the worst, overreact, and then probably rally. It might get ugly tomorrow, but unless you're on margin, then you should just weather the storm. Even if he mumbles about locking down the US, he can't force states to comply. Florida will be the first to tell him to ****off and other red states will right after that.

There's a lot of bad news in Europe surrounding COVID and lockdowns and the like. I agree that our country is unlikely t follow suit. There's no political appetite for it, but our spineless coward of a president will try to capitulate to international peer pressure. It's not gonna be a happy talk on Tuesday, I'm afraid.
Correct, will not be. Biden also doesn't have the authority to force a lockdown here. About the only thing he could do is shutter air travel, but that would be political suicide for the dems, that not even fraud would save them from voters.

Personally, I'll be targeting NVDA and TTD, if they get hammered.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

At least 1 of the 3 of you cried.
La Bamba
AG
So about that Santa Rally
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott
AG
Getting real ugly out there. I think 4550 is when it can bounce
azul_rain
what gives its the time of giving, go up
mazag08
AG
RTY down 2%.
BaylorSpineGuy
Went net free on SPY 465 calls on a scalp Friday. Left one runner hoping for a big rip after back test of 461. That's gone.

This is gonna get ugly, I'm afraid.

One thing to add: had this discussion with a very wealthy trader/investor I know. I was discussing with him that in inflationary environment, market is safest place to put money.

He does not necessarily agree. Let's say inflation is bad and devalues your money 5-7%. That's $5-7K out of $100K. Market may not be going up so well unless you're a master stock picker (clearly there are more than a few on this board!). But cash is not a horrible position, particularly if the market is not doing well.

So even though I've got a good chunk saved up for a home, I'm not inclined to put that money to work now. If this market takes a big puke, housing and stocks may come down and can easily make up 5-7% with good day trading stocks. Entire market not likely to move that much, but plenty of individual stocks have big runs, so that 5-7% can be overcome. Or whatever the inflation number is….likely it's closer to 10-15%.

For the record, my friend sold 12K shares of NVDA like 2 wks ago and sold AAPL at 172. He's got a good sense for the market and basically called for a big pullback when I saw him at dinner Friday.

Be safe with your money. Things may get bloody…
mazag08
AG
There's nowhere else to put money right now. So even if the market freaks, sentiment will exhaust to the downside and cash will pour back in. It's either going to happen early next week and we rally toward 4900-5000 or we will go grab 4350 and then rally even higher.
FJ43
Be careful gents.

Cash is a position.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
While conceptually I agree, the reality is that the market has been awful for months now. Something like 5 stocks are responsible for 35% of gains made on the SPX this year. A few stocks doing well, but there are a number of stocks being absolutely punished right now. The market may find some footing around 4350-4400, but only a handful of stocks are likely to rally at that number.

Folks are feeling the pain of inflation. Wages rising marginally compared to cost of goods. Less stuff being sold, market goes down. Germany PPI is nearly 20%. We may not be far behind. This is bad. Im generally bearish by nature, but ironically I finally bought a call on Friday, and this thing looks ugly right now.

Jim Cramer said last week this is the best bull market he's ever seen. That should've been the sell signal. That guy is poison.
azul_rain
gougler08
AG
It will all get better overnight right? Right?
lobwedgephil
Doing the same thing it did after Dec Opex last year so far.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

Be careful gents.

Cash is a position.
You need to overnight me Gus, holey cutoffs, dirty wife beater and old boots, STAT! If you have an appalachian Jobu, then throw his ass in there too. We have to turn this ****, for the board.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

It will all get better overnight right? Right?
ProgN
lobwedgephil said:

This is primarily caused by the irrational fear of Omicron in Europe and Biden mumbling gibberish to the nation on Tuesday.

That ******* better not shutdown air travel because I'm going to Miami the first week of January with a very attractive woman.
azul_rain
i want to be you when i grow up
FJ43
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

Be careful gents.

Cash is a position.
You need to overnight me Gus, holey cutoffs, dirty wife beater and old boots, STAT! If you have an appalachian Jobu, then throw his ass in there too. We have to turn this ****, for the board.
Not sure Gus is gonna help brother.

Friend of mine who was a very successful wealth manager for 30+ years sent me a 'get out' text tonight. The algos he uses aren't perfect but have avoided market events such as March 2020, 2008 and many others. He is switching gears and focusing on wealth preservation. Hasn't always been right but more often than not.

I suspect he'll be in cash and take some short positions if I was a betting man.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

cgh1999
AG
ProgN said:

lobwedgephil said:

This is primarily caused by the irrational fear of Omicron in Europe and Biden mumbling gibberish to the nation on Tuesday.

That ******* better not shutdown air travel because I'm going to Miami the first week of January with a very attractive woman.
does she know?
ProgN
cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

lobwedgephil said:

does she know?
Does she know about Biden's announcement or does she know that she's going?
ProgN
hedge said:

i want to be you when i grow up
agdaddy04
AG
So are you thinking of liquidating first thing in the morning?
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

Be careful gents.

Cash is a position.
You don't already have all of these things except for Gus? Are you really from Texas?
ProgN
OutlawAG04
Ok… catching up on the board Sunday… throw a tear jerker commercial up and Now FJ's friend is got me thinking additional tax harvest before the end of the year. No one post any Old Yeller clips on this board lol. Not sure I can handle more tonight
cgh1999
AG
ProgN said:

cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

lobwedgephil said:

does she know?

Does she know you're going?!
FJ43
agdaddy04 said:

So are you thinking of liquidating first thing in the morning?

I'll evaluate positions early morning and probably thin down. Can always get back in. Most likely a combination of unloading some positions, sell calls on others and buy some SPY/Qs puts. That's just me though. At the moment I can't babysit at the same levels I was 6-8 weeks ago.

ProgN
cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

lobwedgephil said:

does she know?

Does she know you're going?!
That was good bro, and yes we're both looking forward to getting away.
First Page Last Page
Page 4756 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.