Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,727 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This reply better get more stars then McInnis' star whoring post from yesterday.
ProgN
FTAG 2000
irish pete ag06
AG
Now at 93.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

PFE has been a juggernaut lately... market be damned.

The end of day saw massive bullsish flow. There was $2.3 million in calls bought for the march $60 strikes. I missed this one this morning... it opened just above my call trigger and never re-tested.

Looking at the chart, it seems like we've missed the move, but I'm trying not to have bias. Top of my watch list tomorrow. Looking to play the 60C on the break of 58.78 and looking to play the 55P if it breaks under 57.19 and confirms.

Wow... PFE was a juggernaut. This is one of those plays that when my account is larger would have been a lot of fun to trim to some runners only.

60C was available for .2 at the start of the day... and is now trading for 1.4.

I was able to scalp this for my best gain of the day right at the beginning of the day. Was up 5% on the account... overtraded down to 1%. But at least I overtraded less than usual. Hah. Small victories.
FTAG 2000
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

PFE has been a juggernaut lately... market be damned.

The end of day saw massive bullsish flow. There was $2.3 million in calls bought for the march $60 strikes. I missed this one this morning... it opened just above my call trigger and never re-tested.

Looking at the chart, it seems like we've missed the move, but I'm trying not to have bias. Top of my watch list tomorrow. Looking to play the 60C on the break of 58.78 and looking to play the 55P if it breaks under 57.19 and confirms.

Wow... PFE was a juggernaut. This is one of those plays that when my account is larger would have been a lot of fun to trim to some runners only.

60C was available for .2 at the start of the day... and is now trading for 1.4.

I was able to scalp this for my best gain of the day right at the beginning of the day. Was up 5% on the account... overtraded down to 1%. But at least I overtraded less than usual. Hah. Small victories.

The European Medical Agency approved their pfizermectin for use today.
gougler08
AG
ProgN said:

We need a rally Achane.
I already miss football season
Spoony Love
AG
If AAPL closes the day anywhere close to $173, I'll be eying those $175C lottos. Three of the last 4 OPEX Fridays have been positive days (September is the exception)
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

If AAPL closes the day anywhere close to $173, I'll be eying those $175C lottos. Three of the last 4 OPEX Fridays have been positive days (September is the exception)
I love stats like this... will join you if that happens.
cptthunder
$SPY is right at the Model T from low @JPOW(460.74) comments to opening today(472.79)
Might get a bounce here for SPY scalp opportunity
ProgN
cptthunder said:

$SPY is right at the Model T from low @JPOW(460.74) comments to opening today(472.79)
I wouldn't chance it. Likelihood of a complete flush is more likely than a rally this afternoon. Buy both sides of the lotto trade. 1 should pay well and the other is a tax write off.
BrokeAssAggie
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

AG 2000' said:

From the looks of my watchlist and portfolio, the rotation into small caps is definitely under way.
94 stocks under $1
303 stocks under $2

I'll never forget in early February when we were at the small cap high that there was only like 2 stocks under $1. I will using this as a data point to know when to take some profits on some of my small cap holdings.
I posted this August 31.

Updated today, December 16, 2021
207 stocks under $1
527 stocks under $2
Max Stonetrail
I bought some 12/27 SPY 466 and 12/31 AMD 141 in the last couple of minutes. I wanted a good Delta and a little time (in case the ProgN forecasted flush comes).
Ragoo
AG
The QQQ has to be almost done selling right? Jeez
Irish 2.0
Ragoo said:

14pts range on the QQQ..
gougler08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

While probably good for our country, I guess this triggered the sell off?
Irish 2.0
gougler08 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

While probably good for our country, I guess this triggered the sell off?
No. That news got leaked yesterday
gougler08
AG
So just selling for the **** of it? Even better
Irish 2.0
gougler08 said:

This market is by far one of the most difficult to trade in. That's why holding options overnight is a roll of the dice. I haven't touched a call in over a month. Only thing I'm doing option wise is selling covered calls and selling naked puts.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

380P's for Monday rolling in now, pretty big
Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

my bet is already starting to price in deflation. Although seeing ABNB get hammered makes me wonder if an Omicron headline isn't near. (barely any cases here in TX though, and probably all amongst the vaxxed).
jj9000
AG
gougler08 said:

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard...but it did.

Nice work!!
LMCane
CrazyRichAggie said:

so then we have to listen every single day in January to:

"Manchin subjected to pressure from Biden and Schumer" stories!

Irish 2.0
austinAG90
AG
Nasdaq Down 450 points... off 6.74% from 11/22 High

Below the 100 day moving average...200 day down about another 600 points... Faang down 3%.... Yield curve continues its steepening 5/30 7 wider on the day... 10 year has moved back to first resistance of 1.42... 1.35 and 1.22 are next... Clearly if the Fed wants to be serious they need to bring up sequencing
cptthunder
ProgN said:

cptthunder said:

I wouldn't chance it. Likelihood of a complete flush is more likely than a rally this afternoon. Buy both sides of the lotto trade. 1 should pay well and the other is a tax write off.
Winner winner, with volume picking up on the down side it look slike
BaylorSpineGuy
I know this economy is in the tank for 2 reasons: two stocks I recently purchased in my brokerage account are doing well: INTC and BTI.

INTC has been beaten down for the last couple years while other sexier chip companies have ripped. And now tobacco stocks are coming back. Generally a sign of economic stress.

Pretty much all my other holdings are taking it in the shorts.

I don't think the bottom is in yet but once these companies get done puking or so it seems, I'm gonna load up on AAPL, TLSA, NVDA, HD, and COST.

Too $$$ right now but I've got my wishlist. Have saved nearly $75K for a house over these last 3-6 months and trying to save another $75-100K in coming months. It's taking all my patience and countenance to not put that money in the market. It's sitting in a boring little savings account, but I will be responsible with it! I'd probably just lose it if I put in my brokerage or trading account.
Ragoo
AG
My boss called me at like 8:25 this morning and I missed the initial move. Been scared to chase all day.
BaylorSpineGuy
You called it yesterday. I think you said fade the first move. Clearly a bullish rip up overnight, but S&P slammed on the brakes today.
Irish 2.0
Ragoo said:

My boss called me at like 8:25 this morning and I missed the initial move. Been scared to chase all day.
I took off the rest of the year starting yesterday. My boss goes to voicemail until January 3
cptthunder
Did I miss something in the $ASO earnings call/release
Beat estimates/increases YOY revenue and quarter to quarter and raised full year guidance/talk about strength of wearhouse supply for inventory/ increases amounts of online sales etc. etc and now down almost 20% since earnings
leoj
AG
Went in on just a couple QQQ 390 lotto calls for tomorrow, as long as we close above the 50sma should be good for a relief bounce in the morning.
austinAG90
AG
Reasons Behind Nasdaq Drop... Not the Fed... Most Likely Option Expiration

70 million single name options expire tomorrow, which is a December record... More than 100 million in total options expiring... We think today's move in the Nasdaq and NYFaang is gamma related into tomorrows expiration... From our equity desk appl down 4.6%
nvda down 7.5%
amd down 6.3%
Irish 2.0
Nearing the Warren Buffett sweet spot...
First Page Last Page
Page 4747 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.