Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,212 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where does Amazon fit into this puzzle?
austinAG90
AG
Inflation has been soaring most of this year... With PPI nearing double digit levels of 9.6% and the CPI 6.8%, is it time for the Fed to get real about recognizing inflation?... Yes it is and they will do that today, the question is to what extent... They will accelerate tapering... They will increase their dot plots showing rate increases for 2022... But will they start discussions about policy sequencing? Meaning balance sheet reduction... The answer is probably not yet... Maybe a few meetings away.... We will repeat our scenarios from Monday as to what we see the odds of the Fed doing... Will they be aggressive? We think they are leaning in that direction... But with Omicron infections soaring, how fast is the Fed going to move... It took most of this year to get the Fed to finally back off from the word transitory, but we wonder how much of a move or signal they are willing to make... If they try to lean to the idea that inflation will resolve itself over time, then they risk losing more credibility... Here are the scenarios updated

Scenario 1... HAWKISH Move by the Fed..50%.. Here we expect the current tapering to double from 15 billion a month to 30 billion... That would be a reduction of 20 billion a month in treasuries and 10 billion of mortgages... The Fed dot plots, which indicate rate rises, will move from 1 to 3 for 2022... The yield curve will flatten as the front end, which is currently building in 1-2 rate rises, will adjust... 2 years will hit .90, on the way to what we think will eventually be 1.31.. 5 years will break 1.34 on the way to 1.60...given the expected flattening and a potential build in of a mistake of aggressive rate rises, we have not certain how much the back end of the yield curve moves...

Scenario 2 MODERATE. 35%. Here the Fed increases tapering by 50% from 15 billion to 22.5 billion... Treasuries tapering is increased from 10 billion a month to 15 billion... Mortgages from 5 to 7.5 billion... Dot plots show a move from 1 to 2 rate increases... Rates rally modestly as more is currently built in... 2 years move to .90-1% but not much more... The long end does ok and continues the range of 10 years from 1.70 high yield to 1.35 low yield... Equities would rally.

Scenario 3...DOVISH..15%. Here the Fed leaves tapering alone. 15 billion a month currently... And dot plots still 1-2 for next year... While markets may rally initially, the Fed would lose their credibility on fighting inflation... The curve would steepen with the long end doing worse... Equity markets would rally initially and then reverse... Those that are already blasting the Fed weekly, like El-Arian and Summers, would go ballistic... Those like Minerd of Guggenheim, who is already calling for a recession in 2022, would be praising the Fed... No way there is a recession in 2022.

Markets are quiet this morning biding time for the Fed announcement at 2 PM... We will be doing a hit with TD Wealth on Youtube at 9.15, but our 3PM hit was canceled... We see little moves this morning with 10 years just starting to break out of its 2 basis point overnight range... Volumes are about 60% or normal... Historically one should fade the trade movement after the presser and wait for the big trend to develop tomorrow morning , London time... But this is the most consequential Fed meeting this year...

Rates... Our view is that positions are pretty much hedged...but if the Fed gets serious as to where long rates are going, we could finally see our 1.75/1.85 before year end... If not the recent ranges should hold... Resistance at 1.35 and then at 1.22%... Back ups will first find support at 1.52/1.60 and 1.70... We had a long argument with a DC insider who still thinks that 1.85-2% is in the cards before year end... We do not see it... A big move like that would crater the stock market and reverse a big move like that... 2 years should break .70 on the way to .90... With an eventuality of 1.31... 5 years have support at 1.34 and then close to 1.50...

Equities... We saw a trade go through yesterday where one big "punter" paid 65 million and bought roughly 20,000 call options tied to the S+P that expire at the end of next week... We may have been early in our year end call for equities but many leveraged stock traders and volatility sensitive investors have derisked and a lot of retail equity buyers have been sellers since Black Friday. However, many more bearish threats have been discounted and there is plenty of buying power on the sidelines going forward...

Buckle up... It is going to be a volatile next few days...
Irish 2.0
Engine10 said:

Where does Amazon fit into this puzzle?
Streaming devices andd other home devices. ROKU has also been moving more into creating streaming content. AMZN doesn't like to share
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The spy rally likely comes, this was probably Icahn

If you want to do something in line of following this trade, you could use SPY and buy Dec 23 465 calls at 3.40 or so, and sell dec 23 470c's at 1.40 or so, for a risk of $2 to make $3. You could go higher to 471 or 472 if you want to start stretching your dollar.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Are you following this trade
McInnis 03
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I have not decided yet. If I do, it certainly won't be a yolo.
Spoony Love
AG
I think the $465C is a good straight up trade. Selling the $470 kind of locks in profit right?

It's broken through $470 before briefly and I think it may do it again soon.

I will say, I'm watching the 12/29 $465C for any dip through the remainder of the week.
Irish 2.0
Spoony Love said:

I think the $465C is a good straight up trade. Selling the $470 kind of locks in profit right?

Yes, but it reduces your total cost exposure
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Spoony Love
AG
I should definitely incorporate some reduction of cost exposure measures in my trades more often. I am a stops only type of trader.
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

It's broken through $470 before briefly and I think it may do it again soon.

I will say, I'm watching the 12/29 $465C for any dip through the remainder of the week.

I've learned that the stress of spreads is lower than naked call buying. I'm happy to make the exchange if the R/R is still favorable.
FTAG 2000
AG
QCOM is interesting to me.

That drippy guy you shared is recommending 165puts but so many others are saying buy calls.

It's at the bottom of a volume shelf and has gaps lower to fill.
McInnis 03
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I will be starting a spot on these spreads at $2 ea

dec23
+ 465c
- 470c
FTAG 2000
AG
Max Johnson transferring in to the Ags. What a time to be alive.
Saltyag15
AG
I've been enjoying the Signing Day radio show this morning. Fun time to be an Ag!
Triple_Bagger
First insider buy at IMMR since last year

FTAG 2000
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

First insider buy at IMMR since last year

This news is supposed to wait until after my 30 days are up in January.
Triple_Bagger
I think you'll be fine. Sitting just above 52 week lows right now
Irish 2.0
QQQ testing the 50DMA. Needs to snapback here aggressively
Spoony Love
AG
If anyone is interested, XOM is testing a support around $60-ish this morning and just got a price target lift to $70. I picked up a couple more just now.
FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

If anyone is interested, XOM is testing a support around $60-ish this morning and just got a price target lift to $70. I picked up a couple more just now.
Oil is dropping across the board on fears of more lockdowns due to the omicron cold.

Spoony Love
AG
I found it interesting despite that there was news of a price lift. It's worth watching if it drops much more. This morning was a decent drop and we could see some good entry points going into the end of the year if the fear mongering continues.
wanderer
Hah. I was thinking the same. I sold all my IMMR yesterday for a tax loss harvest.
BrokeAssAggie
AMD starting to heat up..
Ags2013
AG
Famous last words... "It can't possibly go any lower"
McInnis 03
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Bought weekly 140c's on the ORH break.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Irish 2.0

PLUG closed this gap. I'm into PLUG carrying about a $34avg. I really like them long term
McInnis 03
AG
Ags2013 said:

Famous last words... "It can't possibly go any lower"
Hi, my name is IWM, how are you doing?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Talon2DSO
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Thank goodness! I've got 140c expires next Fri
Ags2013
AG
I can't wait to lose more money Friday when I get my EOY bonus
azul_rain
Throw it at AAPL
McInnis 03
AG
They stand to benefit greatly from infrastructure plan and who knows what in the build back belligerent deal.

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
Talon2DSO said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

I think we touch $140 today.
McInnis 03
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Talon2DSO said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

I think we touch $140 today.
My R2 pivot is at 141.16, but 8 day EMA is like 139.80 or so....

AMD can BLAST pivots when it wants to.

B&I Key:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't really looked into AMD or NVDA very much.

Any reason to favor one over the other in the long run?
FaceMask
REALLY tempted to get AFRM at this level for LT hold.
First Page Last Page
Page 4740 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.