Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,351 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They gonna pin crwd at 200. Fml.
Everybody loves a dirt road
Brewmaster
AG
Still in PLUG? looks like its about to reverse trend
Irish 2.0
Yep. Added some at 34. Forgot about that one
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Spoony Love
AG
I went out of my SPY bear position already. Premium is about to be eaten up and any gains on it were probably close to max. I could be very wrong though.
Triple_Bagger
Spoony Love said:

I went out of my SPY bear position already. Premium is about to be eaten up and any gains on it were probably close to max. I could be very wrong though.
Smart. Looks like it's setting up for another chop/sideways day
Spoony Love
AG
I think we see a fight to $469 and it settles close to that.
leoj
AG
F could be looking to break out of a month long sideways consolidation
McInnis 03
AG
Next weeks' trading may best be left to NOBODY

Post CPI, PPI,
Jobs Data
QE Taper Decision
Fed Day
Quad Opex
Rebalancing S&P 500, midcap 400, 600....
Brewmaster
AG
going in AMD verticals next week exp
PLUG same
watching both closely, but volume looks good

also added ABBV 12/23 128/130C @.44
BT1395
AG
What do y'all think about being the first to open a contract? For example, I'm long MOS stock, but also think this could pop back above $40 in the not-too-distant future and would like to consider some call options.

Using the Jan 22 $40s as an example, there's at least some bid/ask volume, but no open contracts. Technical analysis aside and all other things equal, does the lack of contract volume make any meaningful difference to you more experienced traders?
McInnis 03
AG
BT1395 said:

What do y'all think about being the first to open a contract? For example, I'm long MOS stock, but also think this could pop back above $40 in the not-too-distant future and would like to consider some call options.

Using the Jan 22 $40s as an example, there's at least some bid/ask volume, but no open contracts. Technical analysis aside and all other things equal, does the lack of contract volume make any meaningful difference to you more experienced traders?
The first thing it tells me is that if I'm interested in a "trade", it's a NO WAY JOSE for me as the liquidity is zero. The spread will likely be wide, it'll be thinly traded, I won't be able to find value there. If you're truly using it as a chance to buy at a value you think is about to be significantly exceeded, or a hedge on something, then that's different.

bmoochie
AG
Made a few $100 on some TSLA trades on one of McInnis strategy. Waited the first hour till it established a low and high. Pushed through the high and bought a call. Hit a resistance level around 1019 and rolled into a net free put. Closed that out and now I am done. I am learned!! this board is awesome.
BT1395
AG
Appreciate the response - that's exactly the way I was looking at it as well. Not sure why there is so little activity there, but happy to just buy some shares instead. Thanks again!
Triple_Bagger
SAVA Update

The clinical trials website shows they now have 24 test centers recruiting for phase 3 (was 1 the last time I checked). They also published the results from phase 2 clinicals and they look very good.

If the FDA was going to halt phase 3, I don't think they'd allow phase 3 to keep recruiting.

I also don't think Cassava would have purchased an 80,000 sq ft office space in Austin when they already had a very nice office space for their 11 employees.

Edited to post link to clinical trials: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=&term=simufilam&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
drred4
Dad gum $ASO, rocket back up
62strat
AG
Didn't see this mentioned on last page or two, but pton dives because a character dies while riding a peloton on new sex in the city episode.

That's messed up! It's fiction people!

Meanwhile the company is in damage control mode. They didn't know it would be used in that manner.
Irish 2.0
62strat said:

Didn't see this mentioned on last page or two, but pton dives because a character dies while riding a peloton on new sex in the city episode.

Meanwhile the company is in damage control mode. They didn't know it would be used in that manner.
Sounds like they've got a decent lawsuit on their hands then
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
ProgN
They were downgraded this morning too.
62strat
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

62strat said:

Sounds like they've got a decent lawsuit on their hands then
apparently they knew they'd have a spot on the show but it was all confidential.

Now this, so they're putting out there that the character had a heart attack in season 6, he smoked cigars, consumed a lot of cocktails and steaks, and that the peloton would have prolonged his life. Blah blah.

It's ridiculous really that they even have to respond to it or explain it! He could have had none of that and still could have died on a peloton because it's FAKE lol.
Red Red Wine
AG
Any thoughts on Everbridge after collapsing over 50% today? Stay away or perhaps opportunity?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How long can this AAPL run go?
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

going in AMD verticals next week exp
PLUG same
watching both closely, but volume looks good

also added ABBV 12/23 128/130C @.44
adding more ABBV, OA gave his stamp of approval too (tweet).
Spoony Love
AG
Did somebody just sweep LUV? March calls have a huge range.
Irish 2.0
I bought LUV equity at 41.85.

Not a fan of calls on airlines right now, but I wanted some exposure to airlines and LUV is the least exposed to international whims because of COVID.
TREX01
Brian Earl Spilner said:

10-15 years?
Spoony Love
AG
Understandable.

I went in on 3/18 60C for a small amount. All of a sudden it was triple the value like someone had swept March calls and the Ask was way over the Bid by a large amount. Maybe it was just an error in TOS.
Spoony Love
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Kicking myself on not picking up next week $177.5C

I mean, there has to be a put option here at some point.
Spoony Love
AG
Spoony Love said:

I think we see a fight to $469 and it settles close to that.
Let's see if SPY gets rejected at $470 again before close.
McInnis 03
AG
Doing several of my scans..............I can find NOTHING right now that looks attractive to me.
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

Doing several of my scans..............I can find NOTHING right now that looks attractive to me.
ITs snowing in Colorado and Utah right now, everyone is checking out early and jumping on planes or heading for the slopes already
Triple_Bagger
Irish 2.0 said:

I bought LUV equity at 41.85.

Not a fan of calls on airlines right now, but I wanted some exposure to airlines and LUV is the least exposed to international whims because of COVID.
This
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Actually, I found a little gem called VTRS......gonna take a small play on JAN22 12.5c

Also IBM came up in a scan I consider to SHORT so if market gets weak, who knows, but it actually looks a bit bullish. This would be one to watch as "last guy to fail" if stuff hits fan.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

180 ish area I bet. I think it ends when the santa rally starts though. It feels like AAPL is being used to prop the market up.
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

180 ish area I bet. I think it ends when the santa rally starts though. It feels like AAPL is being used to prop the market up.
Them and MSFT. It's up big today
Brewmaster
AG
yep exactly, and monstrous flow on MSFT (next week and Jan)
First Page Last Page
Page 4729 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.