Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,089,512 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Swollen Thumb
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saltyag15 said:

I'm not seeing anything on NIO specifically. I think it's due to US vs. China in general. Talks of delisting Chinese companies. I'm basing that off of a headline of a Bloomberg article that I can't access.
SEC issues rule to delist foreign stocks that don't follow audit requirements

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/02/sec-issues-final-regs-that-allow-it-to-delist-foreign-companies-that-dont-comply-with-audit-rules.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Yes, they all started dropping when this article came out.
ProgN
I wouldn't, read the article I just posted.
southernskies
cageybee77 said:

gonna buy a few ABUS this morning....see where it goes but stops as appropriate. this is the company that is causing MRNA to drop......MRNA lost a patent lawsuit to them apparently. and it's an important one.
abort mission...abort mission...abort mission...
Saltyag15
AG
Thanks for sharing, Prog.
khkman22
AG
Any thoughts on Roku coming to a last minute agreement with Google for YouTube and YouTubeTV before the December 9th deadline?

I support Roku's decision to deny the information Google wants, but if they want to build their own content, I think they kind of need to cave on this negotiation to get as many people as possible to continue to buy their devices and increase their potential subscribers when it finally launches.

December or January calls could be a nice play if they wind up coming to an agreement in the next week.
agdaddy04
AG
Just set some trade armor up on it with a bracket stop loss or limit order if it recovers some.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Just set some trade armor up on it with a bracket stop loss or limit order if it recovers some.
The risk outweighs the reward for me. Technically it's breaking down and looks like garbage even for a trade. It's definitely not worth the risk to hold long term IMO.
gigemJTH12
AG
ProgN said:

so should I bail and cut my "losses"?
Boat Shoes
AG
Any thoughts on BKKT? Short interest is huge, 160% according to TD Ameritrade app.
cageybee77
AG
southernskies said:

cageybee77 said:

gonna buy a few ABUS this morning....see where it goes but stops as appropriate. this is the company that is causing MRNA to drop......MRNA lost a patent lawsuit to them apparently. and it's an important one.
abort mission...abort mission...abort mission...

stopped out at $4.70 - didn't lose too much...but yikes!
ProgN
gigemJTH12 said:

ProgN said:

so should I bail and cut my "losses"?
It depends if it's violated the reason you bought it. If a trade or investment. I think it will have more selling pressure this month for tax reasons, but I wouldn't want to have a lot invested in it because you don't want to wake up one morning and see they've been delisted in the US.

Too many other stocks out there that increase you're sleep factor.
Saltyag15
AG
I think I'm going to go ahead and take my 25% loss before it gets any worse and move on. If the SEC goes through with their threat, it could drop 50% in a day, or just disappear entirely (not sure how that would work honestly). I don't want to get caught not paying attention.
FTAG 2000
AG
Macros looking better, I'm guessing this was on Biden saying no new lockdowns in his presser.
bigtoneag
AG
ProgN said:

Saltyag15 said:

I'm not seeing anything on NIO specifically. I think it's due to US vs. China in general. Talks of delisting Chinese companies. I'm basing that off of a headline of a Bloomberg article that I can't access.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/02/sec-issues-final-regs-that-allow-it-to-delist-foreign-companies-that-dont-comply-with-audit-rules.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

The PCAOB is dreaming if they think they're getting into China to review their audits.
ProgN
bigtoneag said:

ProgN said:

Saltyag15 said:

The PCAOB is dreaming if they think they're getting into China to review their audits.
Wall Street knows that too, hence the drop in Chinese companies.
FTAG 2000
AG
This feels like a dumb trade but I grabbed some CLOV Feb 22 $8Cs. Were less than a quarter.
Brewmaster
AG
AG 2000' said:

This feels like a dumb trade but I grabbed some CLOV Feb 22 $8Cs. Were less than a quarter.
not dumb if small caps turn it around end of this month. CLOV might turn around before then.

market looks better, VIX puts were flying earlier, with size, that's a bullish sign.
Ags2013
AG
If we're feeling more bullish what are we shopping? I'm looking at DKNG, FUBO, ROKU, PENN
mpl35
AG
AG 2000' said:

agdaddy04 said:

Are they REALLY already able to test for the variant this quick? Seems fishy to me.

I agree. But I read a story with the lead South African doctor on covid. he says it's been around since mid-summer. They can isolate via blood tests, there's no rapid test or anything for strains.

He seemed annoyed by the recent panic more than anything, said it's the mildest strain of covid yet, those that are hospitalized are staying shorter and recovering quicker.

I think the worldwide coordinated government panic over it in the last week is bull****, but that's for another thread.
. Yeah I was in a call with a Research Lee from Stellenbosch University in South Africa. Apparently this strain first showed up in travelers from Europe (Germany, Netherlands, etc) before popping up in South Africa. Appears to have potentially been in Europe for a while longer.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/omicron-variant-covid-in-europe-netherlands-before-alert-raised/
Saltyag15
AG
Just flipped the funds from my NIO loss to ROKU. So I'd avoid it like the plague.
Triple_Bagger
Ags2013 said:

If we're feeling more bullish what are we shopping? I'm looking at DKNG, FUBO, ROKU, PENN

I bought LUV, CCL leaps, and VZ yesterday. My more speculative play is ABML, which is on sale right now.
agdaddy04
AG
is POWW suffering due to macro market?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
General questions regarding the posted link about delisting Chinese stocks:

Is everyone out of Chinese stocks, specifically NIO? (I own NIO. I was not planning to exit.)

Anyone else planning on holding NIO?
agdaddy04
AG
I have an exit set around $40 if it gets back up there, or $34 if it drops further. It seems to have stabilized for now. But not going to add more.
gougler08
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

General questions regarding the posted link about delisting Chinese stocks:

Is everyone out of Chinese stocks, specifically NIO? (I own NIO. I was not planning to exit.)

Anyone else planning on holding NIO?

I just keep selling covered calls a month out and pocketing premium
I own 400 shares at $38 - IF - I allow the 6/17/22 Covered Calls at $50 to expire.

If I unwind, my ownership moves up a $1.50 to $39.50 and I'd sell the shares at $36 and change.

Lose $3.50 per share but I'll do it if delisting leaves me zero/nothing/nada.
ProgN
Test
gougler08
AG
Also, I went ahead and sold WWR in my taxable account to take the loss but realized I had some cash on the sideline in my 401k so just bought it back now. I'll count that as a win after the last 2 weeks
Thanks for these replies. I think I'll just hold them and roll the dice.
Ags2013
AG
Decent WWR close. Never thought I utter those words again...
AgEng06
AG
ProgN said:

Test

kyle field 94
AG
gougler08 said:

Also, I went ahead and sold WWR in my taxable account to take the loss but realized I had some cash on the sideline in my 401k so just bought it back now. I'll count that as a win after the last 2 weeks

Just to be clear, this is technically a wash sale even though your broker might not report it since it is in 2 different accounts
Triple_Bagger
Paging $WWR

ProgN
AgEng06 said:

ProgN said:

Test

I had a comment on a thread get deleted so was just making sure I wasn't joining Irish and Mazag08.
gougler08
AG
kyle field 94 said:

gougler08 said:

Just to be clear, this is technically a wash sale even though your broker might not report it since it is in 2 different accounts

Yeah seem fidelity is ok with it since it's 2 separate accounts (no indication of wash sale when I bought). I'll keep an eye on it though, thanks!
First Page Last Page
Page 4702 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.