Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,092,299 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

TexasAg2017 said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Bicycle chart was just one week late. Spy 55 day ema appears to be right at 455, I'll go in big if we can tag it

Another leg down and we get another chance at this. Looking for 455.4 now

Wow...tagged 455.3, my conditional order for a couple expiring 458 calls filled at 1.4. Let's see how this pans out.

Shbm
Had an order to sell 1 for 2.8 at open to go net free. Filled at 4.18 Set an order to sell the other for 4.5 as I had $7 as a clean target for the spy max gain on a post-bicycle green schlong day. That filled pretty much right away. Now I think we hit and hold 470 by/on Friday, grabbed a couple 467/469 spreads for .49

Nibbled at these. Filled around .40
I went 466/468's
crap, may have bought a little early ...or not, lol

Ouch just got a couple of these at .17. Martingale.
Everybody loves a dirt road
agdaddy04
AG
Order I put in on CRWD this morning at $200 just filled, probably should've lowered that limit price on this latest flush.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

ProgN said:

AgEng06 said:

Man, where's TTD going?
If we have a significant correction on the macros, TTD has a huge gap at 75.
would you recommend selling now to preserve some capital?
Everyone's time horizon and objectives are different. You have to decide for yourself. It's a solid company and my time horizon is 7-10 years. If we get a correction, then it could fill that gap. If I told you to sell and it didn't then it would be my fault. I'm not selling, but if it fills that gap I will be adding more shares to my accounts.
agdaddy04
AG
That's a good point, and I would never blame you - but understand the feeling.

If it does hit $75, I'll load up in my IRA and also in my kids' 529.
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow solid. I don't think you'll regret it
Everybody loves a dirt road
Brewmaster
AG

BREwmaster said:

TexasAg2017 said:

Bicycle chart was just one week late. Spy 55 day ema appears to be right at 455, I'll go in big if we can tag it

Nibbled at these. Filled around .40
I went 466/468's
crap, may have bought a little early ...or not, lol

Ouch just got a couple of these at .17. Martingale.
no worries, I grabbed a QQQ put before the crater. 385 I think is the 50 day, may test that before this is over, Oomph!

tailgatetimer10
AG
I guess I need to get myself into a shopping spree position. This will blow over in time.
Triple_Bagger
Anyone familiar with $PBR? Brazil oil and gas company trading at 3 P/E.

Seeing a lot of action on Unusual Whales today

271,000 12/17 C10s purchased today. I'm buying a few other these. Current stock price is 10.71
agdaddy04
AG
starting to see pretty similar bounces on most of my stocks. hope that holds through closing
TriumphForks
AG
People still buying WWR?
Triple_Bagger
I bought today but my position is relatively small.
H-town ag
AG
TriumphForks said:

People still buying WWR?
FTAG 2000
AG
TriumphForks said:

People still buying WWR?
I did the sell for loss thing, will be buying back at the start of January.

gigemJTH12
AG

ProgN
TriumphForks said:

People still buying WWR?
I posted last night. I'm not in it, but believe in their story. That being said, look for it to be weak throughout December due to tax loss selling. I plan to buy a block the last week of December. IDC if it's at $2 or $4, I'll buy it, plant it and forget it.
Spoony Love
AG
Well it turns out SPY puts would have paid all afternoon. What a turn of events but I think many expected as soon as news of the first new variant case was released. Selling seemed to accelerate at light speed after that.
Ags2013
AG
Hopefully we bounce off this 212 IWM
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

Well it turns out SPY puts would have paid all afternoon. What a turn of events but I think many expected as soon as news of the first new variant case was released. Selling seemed to accelerate at light speed after that.
Expect a deep red open. If that happens, I'll buy Jan SPY calls because I still feel a Santa rally will occur but it's gonna be in the mega caps.
ryanhnc10
AG
I am loading up on Draft Kings. This stock is going to soar after all this Covid crap passes
azul_rain
What the hell happened I was up bigly
Spoony Love
AG
I'm in too. Ludicrous numbers of Jan SPY calls.
Spoony Love
AG
hedge said:

Irish got banned is all you need to know.
Hungry Ojos
hedge said:

Lord Fauci spoketh.
McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

Expect a deep red open. If that happens, I'll buy Jan SPY calls because I still feel a Santa rally will occur but it's gonna be in the mega caps.
A few interesting reads from Puru today....he mentions the rally. (click the tweet to see each thread)

ProgN
hedge said:

The new superduper scary Omicron variant was detected in San Francisco today and you and everyone you know is gonna die unless you have a vaccine drip every night, kids included.

The hysteria over this **** confirms that posters on TexAgs are the smartest people on the planet.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

A few interesting reads from Puru today....he mentions the rally. (click the tweet to see each thread)

The first tweet actually confirms my sentiment, that's why I've been swinging SPY puts and calls. The breath of the market sucks, but the 20 top stocks in SPY will move.
jwhitlock3
What a day for me. I had an awesome day and went 3/3 on trades, two SPY puts and a SQ put from Shapiro. Feels like things have finally "clicked" for me, and I made 2.5% in realized gains on my account with today's trades however...

I also unloaded all of my ELOX, my highest cost basis WWR (stupid 7.5P assignments in march for $6.10 basis) and all my DPW, effectively negating all of my gains for the year. Small account (under $25k) and I was up to $6k in gains ($6k of which came in January/February) but since then I've just churned my account. So with the tax loss harvest today I'm back to square 1 really, sitting on a lot more cash, and not having to pay taxes on gains for the year, so at least I got that goin for me. Also no one mentioned it but hot damn it feels good to get those turds off my screen, it honestly felt like a weight off my shoulders and I was certainly not expecting that after booking a loss.

That said, I do think things are clicking. I started this journey heavily back in October 2019 and the last 14 months I have paid a lot of market tuition, but I haven't thrown in the towel and I've continued to learn. Controlling emotions has been critical and I never realized what a huge part it plays. I'm shifting away from small caps and readjusting position sizes and allocation to small cap and bio to get them more in line with how they should be treated for an account my size. Did the Gold trial again this year with Shapiro and it's pretty amazing how much different it all looks through my eyes today than it did in December of 2020. So for 2021, a lot of effort for what amounted to basically no gains, but the knowledge and emotional control has come a long ways, and I'm excited to keep moving forward. Wanted to share in hopes it might encourage, and give some hope for any other small accounts that might lurk on the board. Thanks for all the help here Ags, it's appreciated!
Spoony Love
AG
Swinging SPY puts and calls for the quick move has been my approach lately. Too many small caps have already been crushed and we won't see a rally from them until Q2 next year likely, assuming we don't see further economic downturns.

Large caps seem to be where the action is at and any panic in those will be disaster. But just working on daily movement has been my approach to capture a quick swipe. It's worked more than it hasn't but hey, it's better than betting against the house right now.
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

hedge said:

Irish got banned is all you need to know.
They can't post but I know they're following the thread so we'll blame Irish and Mazag08 for ****ing up the market today.

I've been made aware that Mazag08 is on an extended trip to banned camp and will not be rejoining us until December 12th. I enjoy his EW contributions but alas, we're fooked.

F16 is the devil and isn't like it used to be.
FTAG 2000
AG
I grabbed some weekly puts ATM at the close. This stupid omicron fear crap is going to take us lower. Look how hard it tanked on one case today. When it pops up more places and the commie blue states all announce lockdowns, we're going to go lower.

ProgN
Spoony Love said:

Swinging SPY puts and calls for the quick move has been my approach lately. Too many small caps have already been crushed and we won't see a rally from them until Q2 next year likely, assuming we don't see further economic downturns.

Large caps seem to be where the action is at and any panic in those will be disaster. But just working on daily movement has been my approach to capture a quick swipe. It's worked more than it hasn't but hey, it's better than betting against the house right now.
Funds can't stay in cash so I suspect they'll flow into the mega caps, that's why I'm playing it this way this month.
BlueTaze
WWR end of year ag loss selling
Ag13
AG
Quote:

Square The payments company said Wednesday evening that it will change its name to Block. The name change will go into effect on Dec. 10, and comes as the company expands into new technologies, including blockchain. The stock advanced 1% during extended trading.

$SQ
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

yeah Q's dropped nearly 15 points today, I can't remember that happening anytime recently. and we are still a point or 2 off of the 50 day (385).

I'd love to see a down open from here too. flush it and get it over with
First Page Last Page
Page 4698 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.