Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,945,244 Views | 231496 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
lobwedgephil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably going to open at her targets the way this is going futures wise. Likely looking short tomorrow.
FJ43
Thanks very much. She's continuing to fight her way through the battles.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Whitehouse Road
AG
UWMC recovering this morning. Announced the termination of the secondary offering and concurrent stock repurchase. Now just accelerating the buyback program.
Triple_Bagger
I think we're at the beginning of a 4th COVID wave. Europe is getting it pretty bad right now with Austria going back into lockdown and Germany considering doing the same.

In the US, cases are rising quickly in the colder areas of the country. As we get into winter and people spend more times indoors, I expect the case numbers to rise.

The market has been mostly unaffected by the 2 prior waves, but that doesn't mean this will be the same.

Any ideas how to play a 4th wave? Looks like travel stocks are already down (ie cruises and airlines).
cageybee77
AG
need to buy back into AMAT this morning. Not sure how far it will continue down post "earnings" miss.

edit: although I'm not sure how much enthusiasm buyers will have given the supply chain issues going forward.
Ragoo
AG
+$2,370 for the week
+$9,800 over the last 3 weeks
All wired out as income.

Only batting about 50% but being diligent to cut losers quick. No real big winners either. Just consistent $200-500 gains.

Probably not for everyone but something I have been doing - I am fully invested with my cash in my trading account. So all of my swing trades are done on margin, being fully invested shows collateral and margin ability to my account. I have been beginning the week with a $0 cash balance. That scarcity has forced a mindset of the quick out on a loser. Before when I was carrying a lot of cash I was letting trades ride hoping they would turn around because they were covered by cash. Already paid for in a sense. Using margin, the laying small, and playing quick has made me more protective against the downside.

Probably a weird mental model but it has been good for me.
ProgN
Probably PFE and MRNA because I'm sure governments will push people into more boosters of their worthless vaccines and handout the "new" Pfizermectin like Halloween candy.
cageybee77
AG
MRNA smokin' PM
cageybee77
AG
hitting singles is not bad. it does take time and effort.
Irish 2.0
cageybee77 said:

Trying to hit home runs all the time is how people blow up accounts...

Signed,
Someone that has blown up an account in the past

ETA:
Congrats and great work Ragoo!
M4 Benelli
Remember the last time Covid had a deleterious bearing upon the market? The following day (which may have came over a wknd, I forget) was an absolute ripper. The markets materialize any dip**** excuse to make it swing a certain way. A Scandinavian takes a shart in an outhouse with a 35 degree windchill hunkering down upon the aluminum siding = "It's a red day."
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

+$2,370 for the week
+$9,800 over the last 3 weeks
All wired out as income.

Only batting about 50% but being diligent to cut losers quick. No real big winners either. Just consistent $200-500 gains.

Probably not for everyone but something I have been doing - I am fully invested with my cash in my trading account. So all of my swing trades are done on margin, being fully invested shows collateral and margin ability to my account. I have been beginning the week with a $0 cash balance. That scarcity has forced a mindset of the quick out on a loser. Before when I was carrying a lot of cash I was letting trades ride hoping they would turn around because they were covered by cash. Already paid for in a sense. Using margin, the laying small, and playing quick has made me more protective against the downside.

Probably a weird mental model but it has been good for me.
Hell yeah, love this. Did you read about this or just started giving it a trial run?
Ragoo
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

cageybee77 said:

Trying to hit home runs all the time is how people blow up accounts...

Signed,
Someone that has blown up an account in the past

ETA:
Congrats and great work Ragoo!
singles is trading
Home runs is gambling

I had to stop gambling.
Ragoo
AG
I came up with it myself.

I initially was thinking to buy shares long on margin and sell calls for income. But then I decided I didn't want to hold margin overnight. Even though my other "long" positions were enough collateral I didn't want to risk a margin call.

So I decided to stick with options and not hold anything overnight.

Note: I have played calls and puts. Same ticker multiple times. Long calls, sell, immediately long puts. Or long calls and hit a stop for a loser then buy the put and make back what I just lost plus a little.
McInnis 03
AG
Trading is a garage sale.

Not everything at the garage sale sells for what you want, but getting money in for your stuff is what you want. each trade is an item at your garage sale. Move each item and sell another one to the next person.

Don't be left with a bunch of **** you take a hit on at the end of your garage sale.

Another thing: It helps me NOT to think about the max possible gain on a trade. That leaves you hanging on for "what could be" and that almost never develops. Bird in the hand and all that nonsense, but seriously, if you got gainz, it's OK to take them and "sell the next item".
Brewmaster
AG
Love it. and on the "collateral" you're selling covered calls making additional income.
cageybee77
AG
crap, what am I going to do with this fookin box of graphite?
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Love it. and on the "collateral" you're selling covered calls making additional income.
that's right. Although I've had to sell longer dated calls to cover past transgressions.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Does SNDL start their buyback today? If so I hope they dump it all in today on OPEX. Dump it in at 2:59 CT and let the squeeze commence.
McInnis 03
AG
A quick opinion on the macro scheme....Europe is frightening people this morning with the lockdown reports.....and there is a huge, HUGE HUGE expiration on SPX options at the 4700 level this morning that's going to affect delta/gamma going forward. This could create some volatility in the short term. COULD.
jwhitlock3
Unusually large volume in premarket trading right now. Futures with 5-10k contracts on the 2 min chart pushing through 4702, and SPY with 125k on the 5 min chart. Thinking I might pull off my spreads and look to watch for a retest of 4670 zone.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

A quick opinion on the macro scheme....Europe is frightening people this morning with the lockdown reports.....and there is a huge, HUGE HUGE expiration on SPX options at the 4700 level this morning that's going to affect delta/gamma going forward. This could create some volatility in the short term. COULD.
VIX is also up 4% in premarket.
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

VIX is also up 4% in premarket.
It is the disconnect between the tech and conventional. It happened last time there was this big of a disconnect as well
Spoony Love
AG
Stuck my nose in fruit $160C this morning at that slight dip. Left a runner already after a little gain. This thing is crazy lately.
FTAG 2000
AG
PYPL getting chopped.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Decent SAVA volume. Also had decent volume yesterday early. Anybody see any news or is this simply residual buying/selling from Wednesdays selloff?
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
SAVA doing SAVA things! Up 11%

Credit Suisse just made a 2 million dollar investment a little bit ago. If they can make a 2 mil investment, I can average down with another $600 investment!
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Decent SAVA volume. Also had decent volume yesterday early. Anybody see any news or is this simply residual buying/selling from Wednesdays selloff?
Pharma is cutthroat and SAVA is in on a possible life changing drug if it gets FDA approval. Hedge funds employed by competing pharma companies are shorting the crap out of sava at times. just gotta ride the waves. SAVA will be big. like post covid moderna big.
FTAG 2000
AG
BIGC RDR?
jwhitlock3
Spoony Love said:

Stuck my nose in fruit $160C this morning at that slight dip. Left a runner already after a little gain. This thing is crazy lately.

It sucked me in, I had 158.7 as the line to buy and I took an entry and then SPY have me a red rocket.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

after it takes out 159, 161 is next, then 163. They're keeping it pinned at 159 or lower so far though.
Spoony Love
AG
I went ahead and took the profit at about $158.9. Happy to watch from the sidelines.

Now the degenerate in me is seeing if SPY can push to $471. It was cheap on the dip and I could use some entertainment today, especially if it pays out.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My TSLA 1090/1100/1110 fly is just about to offset my losses on 11/19 TSLA put spreads and flies, but I've taken a bit of a beating on SPY put spreads and flies this week. Unless something crazy happens and we get the worst OPEX Friday we've seen in awhile, those will expire worthless. I'm taking next week completely off so y'all go ahead and get AMD and AMZN up another 10% and ROKU and SAVA back to ATH while I'm away.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GLD and GDX may do something big soon. 5 and 10 converging as they've been consolidating this past week.
FTAG 2000
AG
Entering BMRN January 100Cs. Breaching the 200DEMA for the first time since January.

Just got an FDA approval this morning too.
First Page Last Page
Page 4667 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.