Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,953,902 Views | 231497 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by permabull
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
59 South said:

$AMZN 3700 yooooooo
Last time it hit $3700 things didn't pan out so well. Think it can sustain this time?
McInnis 03
AG
59 South said:

$AMZN 3700 yooooooo
Nailed it.
McInnis 03
AG
$MARA with a RDR on daily with Stewie pickign up on it. I bought Dec3 55/60 vertical spreads for $1.20. Nice R/R/ here.
mazag08
AG
FTCH closing the gap in one swoop on earnings. Who would have ever seen that coming? /sarcasm
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am buying shares of CLOV.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
y'all see that volume at the close for $RIVN? Really interesting.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
bought some $AMAT down here on earnings reaction.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sorry not much time to post lately.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Every single WWR owner here is looking at you with "who farted" eyes right now. (ME INCLUDED)
WWR has had a major volume surge for the last month and a half. I think the tutes are messing with you.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Sold one RIVN 85p jan22 . Which if assigned would put my cost basis at 78 which I believe was the pre IPO share price

This is long term hold if assigned shares
I like your trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The Russell may be a solid dip buy. I actually really love buying from this area.

The 8 is above the 21 and the index closed right on the 21. Such an easy trade from here. Buy on some strength, stop loss at 21.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
p.s. don't convert to being Elliot Wavers.
59 South
AG
agdaddy04 said:

59 South said:

$AMZN 3700 yooooooo
Last time it hit $3700 things didn't pan out so well. Think it can sustain this time?

Maybe but if I was in a short term options trade I'd have sold at the 3700 magnet today. I think it is getting ripe for an absolute ripper to 5k though in the next 6 months or so but I'm biased with my wad of shares I bought a few years ago. I want a 20:1 split and I want it bad.
59 South
AG
McInnis 03 said:

59 South said:

$AMZN 3700 yooooooo
Nailed it.

A blind nut finds a squirrel every now and then
59 South
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

No comment

Brewmaster
AG

The Russell may be a solid dip buy. I actually really love buying from this area.

The 8 is above the 21 and the index closed right on the 21. Such an easy trade from here. Buy on some strength, stop loss at 21.
IWM Dec verticals? I think seasonally this is a great play too.
McInnis 03
AG

SECONDED.
Red Rover
AG
Unless we get a macro correction, I think we get to 4200 even without a split.
mazag08
AG

Is this a dig at me?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
59 South said:

agdaddy04 said:

59 South said:

$AMZN 3700 yooooooo

Maybe but if I was in a short term options trade I'd have sold at the 3700 magnet today. I think it is getting ripe for an absolute ripper to 5k though in the next 6 months or so but I'm biased with my wad of shares I bought a few years ago. I want a 20:1 split and I want it bad.
Bezos said he doesn't want a split. Says he wants AMZN to function like Berkshire Hathaway. Said he learned from previous/early splits it wasn't the right thing to do. He said investors will pay the price if they want the shares and splits are not necessary.

Now, to present day, Bezos isn't at the helm anymore and the new guy may want a split.

I'd like a split, but I dont think it's happening.

In 2021, some analysts predicted that if AMZN does not split in the next 6 to 12 months (the 6 to 12 months fell in the 2022 and 2023 time bucket), AMZN will run past $10k...easily....after it's apparent the split is not happening.. That would be okay with me too.
agdaddy04
AG
59 South said:

agdaddy04 said:

59 South said:

$AMZN 3700 yooooooo

No, I'm long. Nothing too crazy, but bought 50 shares earlier this year when it was around $2900. I'll take 5k for sure.
agdaddy04
AG
I guess it's a lot easier to not need a split now the way retail purchases. In the past, didn't you have to buy in lots of 100?
59 South
AG
Yea I'd be cool with that too. Would just like to be able to sell covered calls. And the high price makes it trade like an oil tanker makes a turn. I rarely trade it so no split and 10k for my long term shares would be fine by me.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Anyone have an opinion on XELA? This seems like a good place to load up.
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

Is this a dig at me?
I don't think he was. You keep doing what you do. and your levels have been nails more times than not.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
agdaddy04 said:

I guess it's a lot easier to not need a split now the way retail purchases. In the past, didn't you have to buy in lots of 100?
Yes. However, you could place orders for less shares but the broker made you feel less than worthy as a human being and the brokerage was upped. I HATED that crap. Couldn't wait to leave Merrill Lynch. (Merrill Lynch office in Ft. Worth was one of the worst broker/investor retail outlets on earth. Full transparency, their Lubbock office was a dream.)

Fractional share trading has broken this thing wide open.
Irish 2.0
FishrCoAg
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

agdaddy04 said:

Yes. However, you could place orders for less shares but the broker made you feel less than worthy as a human being and the brokerage was upped. I HATED that crap. Couldn't wait to leave Merrill Lynch. (Merrill Lynch office in Ft. Worth was one of the worst broker/investor retail outlets on earth. Full transparency, their Lubbock office was a dream.)

Good friend of mine was in their Abilene, and then Lubbock offices. Tech grad but super guy.
62strat
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Fractional shares are a thing now, but 100 shares min? I've never seen that in my investing life (~10 years)

I bought 20 amzn back in 2016, never sold any, don't plan to until retirement.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
mazag08 said:

Is this a dig at me?
No, I just read a few pages over the last few days and there was a lot of Elliot Wave discussion. Like anything else, it's a system, and if it works for you, great.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

IWM Dec verticals? I think seasonally this is a great play too.
I think OTM verticals could work great.

240/260 call verticals are $2.81 (right now). I love those 1:7 risk to reward type of scenarios.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I can sell the CLOV shares I just bought for a $0.19 gain.
I bleed maroon
AG
62strat said:

agdaddy04 said:

Fractional shares are a thing now, but 100 shares min? I've never seen that in my investing life (~10 years)

I bought 20 amzn back in 2016, never sold any, don't plan to until retirement.
Odd lots (purchases/sells in other than increments of 100) used to be non-starters with most brokers, up until 15-20 years ago. I seem to recall they eased up on it about when they quit trading in 1/8ths. That brings back old memories of $50-100 commissions per trade, wide bid/ask spreads with poor execution, and a whole host of retail investor-unfriendly measures. As bad as the current Robinhood and meme stock culture trends are, it was a lot worse back when individuals had no power at all. Democratization is messy, but it beats the alternative!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

agdaddy04 said:

This is why I'll never use Edward Jones and why I don't willingly buy anything from Restoration Hardware. I have a really long memory of anyone that has ever mocked me in any way when I wasn't wealthy.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It would be a shame if I didn't leave you all with a good nugget today.

Take a look at $SHOP. You want to see this take out ATH with authority. Verticals are the way to play. This could consolidate for a bit before it goes. Keep in mind /NQ is at +3. I would like to get this at $1656 for a long.

First Page Last Page
Page 4665 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.