Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,927 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
Triple_Bagger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Triple_Bagger said:

Just about every weed related stock is running today. Something might be coming.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dariosabaghi/2021/11/09/a-leak-reveals-a-republican-led-bill-to-federally-legalize-and-tax-marijuana/?sh=6e2623014c67
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Just about every weed related stock is running today. Something might be coming.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dariosabaghi/2021/11/09/a-leak-reveals-a-republican-led-bill-to-federally-legalize-and-tax-marijuana/?sh=6e2623014c67

If true.... that is gonna make Ted Cruz, Governor Good-wheels and Lt. Dan's butthole pucker!
agdaddy04
AG
Holy hell one helluva close.
gig em 02
Red Pear Luke said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Triple_Bagger said:

If true.... that is gonna make Ted Cruz, Governor Good-wheels and Lt. Dan's butthole pucker!

Why? It's republicans pushing it. Democrats don't want it to pass because it's really the only sane issue they have left.
agdaddy04
AG
Because Dan Patrick has been adamantly against it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Holy hell one helluva close.

It was a good one.
FTAG 2000
AG
What a melt up to end the week.

Spooky stuff.
Chef Elko
AG
New support line at $3.45 for WWR? Big volume keeps taking it down there but it holds
BaylorSpineGuy
Can you plz explain the term "melt up"? Idiot here.

Today was effectively the green goal post on RGS! Hold on to your lug nuts. Here we go.
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Today was effectively the green goal post on RGS! Hold on to your lug nuts. Here we go.

Here's the /ES (SPY) hourly for Wednesday - Friday.

See how we just ground up over the last three trading sessions (with a ocuple of big candles today).

Think it's also good to see the ATR levels (squiggly lines) - we're now at +3 ATR going into OPEX week. Going to be a wild ride next week.

Those red and yellow lines are long time (over a year) support lines. So came in over those too. We're at all time highs for the S&P as well.

Cynic in me says we run on Monday with the infrastructure bill being signed, then the rug pull comes Tuesday.
agdaddy04
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Looks like we're on the way back up to an $8.00 completion of the cup - is that right when looking at the 3M chart?
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis - when you roll the lower call of a spread to make the spread net free, any point in selling prior to expiration? Or just hold and let ride through it?

I could see cashing it out if it says makes it part way through the spread zone but then loses support, etc., but any other thoughts on that?

ClutchCityAg
Love me some volatility in macros for good SPY scalps.

I went 70% cash in my options trading account today, only quick in and out trades for me until after opex.
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Danwell Home said:

New support line at $3.45 for WWR? Big volume keeps taking it down there but it holds
Idk about you, but recently my strategy has been, "is the current price below my avg cost/share?"

If Yes=buy more

If No=Put in a limit order below that to buy more
Let it ride
BaylorSpineGuy
Yeah, that looks about like it. I still think this is probably a $10 stock based on revenue, etc. I wish I had bought more shares when we kept hovering in the 2.70-3.00 range, but I just felt extended in terms of what percentage of my portfolio it was, so I just held tight. Still, looks like today was a big buying day, so likely good support around this level.

Not sure how fast it'll move and not sure if shorts are closing their positions now or not. Not sure this is gonna be the squeeze candidate we hoped for, but even a steady grind up will be welcomed.
BaylorSpineGuy
Thanks for that.

I picked a good week for vacation next week! Gonna be able to play on here more than the last few weeks. Have done more surgery lately (thankful for that!), but looking forward to a few easy days to refuel the jets for the push through the end of the year!
Aggie118
AG
What are we thinking should be the next exit price point on $SNDL?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Imagine Texags boards when we sign Evan Stewart. There is a bunch of hype and frothy posts and happy Ags. Very similar concept with the markets. People are just buying like crazy. Its the exact opposite of a Texags Meltdown.
Brewmaster
AG
AG 2000' said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

See how we just ground up over the last three trading sessions (with a ocuple of big candles today).

Think it's also good to see the ATR levels (squiggly lines) - we're now at +3 ATR going into OPEX week. Going to be a wild ride next week.

Those red and yellow lines are long time (over a year) support lines. So came in over those too. We're at all time highs for the S&P as well.

Cynic in me says we run on Monday with the infrastructure bill being signed, then the rug pull comes Tuesday.
It's amazing how any times the market runs into or thru the Monday of OPEX week. I looked it up a while back, it was a bunch.

edited to add: we usually fade from Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning on to Friday.
jwhitlock3
No kidding? Hmm, gonna have to look at this, might be a good time to sell call credit spreads if we rip on Monday.
Brewmaster
AG
Aggie118 said:

in all seriousness, I think OA posted levels and thoughts on it today and yesterday.
ClutchCityAg
Aggie118 said:

edit to add: all of this was before any news of weed legalization, not sure how that changes the analysis
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Here's an ELOX update as well:

Let it ride
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

AG 2000' said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

It's amazing how any times the market runs into or thru the Monday of OPEX week. I looked it up a while back, it was a bunch.

edited to add: we usually fade from Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning on to Friday.
Yeah. Didn't someone do analysis on that phenomenon earlier this year?

Feel like it was a thread on the B&I board by itself but can't find it.
tam2002
AG
Elox got some good buys after hours
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Premium continues to be good on $AFRM. I sold some 145s for $5 near close.

Also, Tesla is basing over $1,000. I think the low 1000s to 1100s range could be tradable for a while.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Notice weekly candle on SPX.

HoustonAg2014
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Yep. Well documented that if he would pull his head out of his ass and allow gambling and pot, Texas republicans would be all for it. Probably make Texas 75% red. They need to wake up. He needs to wake up.
BlueTaze
Is anyone still playing SDC?

I think OA tweeted about buying $6 april calls pre sell off...
spud1910
AG
BlueTaze said:

Is anyone still playing SDC?

I think OA tweeted about buying $6 april calls pre sell off...
I still have what he mentioned then. April 14, 2022 $6 calls
Triple_Bagger
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Notice weekly candle on SPX.

Doji candle? Seems appropriate going into OPEX week. I bought my SPY puts and VIX calls today. Let's ride.
OutlawAG04
Fun week- 2 sick kids and workload up my eyeballs. Took a calmer approach this week and paid off on the main trading account. 5.3% realized gains this week!

Some things I have been watching:

PYPL- hit options twice this week $202.5 11/19 calls both times it was ATM. Calls spreads could have been fun and this will fill the gap it's just a matter of when. Kicking myself for not leaving runners but compounding is winning

BCTX- got in this one awhile back off Ripster tip. He seems to be balls deep on this and I continue to hit some naked puts and buy writes on half the shares. Lots of catalysts seems to be on the way and options just went up to the $20 range recently. At the close, $10.05 you could sell 11/19 calls at $0.85 or $10 puts at $0.90

NNOX- Not bad entry level and buy write or naked puts are a little over 8% for 11/19.

Miss being more active on the board and I hope things calm down with work soon. When things are busy in commercial real estate… you have to strike on it.

Feels like I missed the wave on a few on this board but there will always be more. Wish I would have caught RGS in the low 3s
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis - when you roll the lower call of a spread to make the spread net free, any point in selling prior to expiration? Or just hold and let ride through it?

I could see cashing it out if it says makes it part way through the spread zone but then loses support, etc., but any other thoughts on that?

Depends on your goals, but yes. If it starts moving against you hard, maybe you close it and get something....better than nothing.

Or if it goes HUGE in your favor and you can get 90% of max value and not have to wait, sometimes that's better than waiting with uncertainty
leoj
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Please keep this one in the family: Coinbase has a routine pattern of puking in the morning and then rallying mid day.

Buy when you see a low wick, trade small, set stop at NLOD, and make profit.
First Page Last Page
Page 4645 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.