Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,915 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

Frustrating, but this is a $20 million offering, so 30 to 40 million shares. Isn't the float a bit over 131 million shares? That's only a 23% deletion. The timing sucks because they have to get it over $1 or face delation.

So what are the thoughts? Getting out? Holding? Buying if it gets below $53 and hoping we still get a run to over $1?
I'm going to add more, hope to get a dip to low .50's at open when retail panics. and I'll probably sell all now around .75 or raise my stop when it gets there. This probably still goes $1+, but not sure on the time frame.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Are we all holding strong or jumping ship?

I jumped ship yesterday.
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Are we all holding strong or jumping ship?
I have 200 shares, this really isn't a mover for me
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Irish 2.0
Just curious; but why are y'all tinkering with Chinese education stock? They've got an enormous target on their back right now.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Just curious; but why are y'all tinkering with Chinese education stock? They've got an enormous target on their back right now.

Big volume breaks last week.
Brewmaster
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Inflation at 6.2%.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Hey if anybody knows education it's the Chinese, right? Education, reeducation...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
And here I am holding vix puts. I knew better!
Irish 2.0
Red Pear Luke said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Big volume breaks last week.
Gotcha. So it is a hero or zero sum with this? Chinese education stocks could be shutdown overnight out of nowhere. Hell, any Chinese stock in general lately could be destroyed overnight. I'd be very cautious about having any Chinese stocks as a long hold. They can still work for day trading, but swings you should be careful
ProgN
Red Pear Luke said:

Inflation at 6.2%.

Powell should've raised rates and been more hawkish, but no he wants reappointment and will let inflation kill us. Everyone in DC should just be nuked and we start over.
Irish 2.0
I think we see 4645-4650 on /ES today. See if the 10DMA will hold
Ranger222
AG
I also prefer a pullback in SPY to 456ish which would align with the trendline off the lows from May. Then chop within an ascending triangle for most of late Nov - mid Dec, with either a break up or down closer to Christmas

That would line up with a break up for a Santa rally and strong through the new year until a correction that re-tests the break of the ascending triangle
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Irish 2.0 said:

I think we test that in the first hour. My WAG is red to green and we finish today close to 4670. Then we break that 10DMA tomorrow and fall further. Just my WAG, and I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible short-term.
Irish 2.0
Tomas Hermensa said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I think we test that in the first hour. My WAG is red to green and we finish today close to 4670. Then we break that 10DMA tomorrow and fall further. Just my WAG, and I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible short-term.
Agreed. I think we'll see the yank fast in the opening hour and then a slow move back to the 5DMA where it'll get rejected
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GDX running again. I made good money on gold in August and Oct, but did not buy shares or calls again this month. I may look into puts or call spreads this morning as we are hitting the top of the channel again and close to the 100/150/200 MAs, which it's obeyed for a few months. Of course it could explode with the high inflation, so I'd go in really small either way.
FTAG 2000
AG
Tempted to grab some more MARA for a run to 100, should wait for the dip right?

It's running like a stuck pig right now off the CPI numbers.

Oh, and Let's Go Brandon.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Anyone planning to play in the RIVN sandbox today when it hits the market?
H-town ag
AG
Jet Black said:

Out of METX for now
This stock just got dumped!
McKinney Ag69
AG
Regardng METX, important to understand the difference.

Direct Offering - company gives whatever buyer already existing shares at a price, they are buying a large sum of shares, benefiting you

Public Offering are new shares issued to public & this is bad as it will dilute the stock
McInnis 03
AG
PRPL got destroyed overnight. Hit 12.12 in premarket. Could be some value bounce plays in here after some price discovery way down here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
zag213004
AG
I'm thinking about it... As a long term hold
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AG 2000' said:

Tempted to grab some more MARA for a run to 100, should wait for the dip right?

It's running like a stuck pig right now off the CPI numbers.

Oh, and Let's Go Brandon.

Me too. I had three $68P that I held as runners on earnings lotto, but sold all of my others yesterday. I'm going to try to get some pennies on these three at the open and wait to see if we get a MARA dip to buy some shares.
austinAG90
AG
Back when CPI was 6.3% our group was running a large book of bonds... 10 years ranged between 8-9% and 2 years 7%.... Big difference from today... Unfortunately many are positioned, or at least thinking that rates should back up significantly, we agree... But given the short base and uncertainties, we expect this to take some time. Meanwhile the curve is Bear Flattening with 2/3/5 all higher in yield by 7-8 basis, while the long bond is only off 1.2 basis... And this in front of a 30 year auction today with bonds on a holiday tomorrow... Traditional fundamentals are a joke... Technical's in control and too many are short right now..5 year tips are -1.95 while 5 years are 1.15, which gives you a breakeven of 3.1%
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA below the 1,010. I think this is going to $900 soon, but I'm not going all in here. This seems too easy and smells like a trap. Maybe small put spreads or flies if you want to play the downside here.
McInnis 03
AG
Woof, someone just unloaded TTD

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Breakeven at 3.1%, meaning when the chickens do come home to roost we theoretically have an increase in 5-yr yields of 2%? And this would continue to punish bonds further?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Looks like I should have held those MARA puts a few minutes longer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It's like someone is targeting my portfolio.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Yeah, I can't stand it when people that make 50%+ in less than a week have the gall to sell their shares. Those evil *****es.
FTAG 2000
AG
What a reversal for TSLA.
Ccutamu
FUBO...woof
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Tomas Hermensa said:

TSLA below the 1,010. I think this is going to $900 soon, but I'm not going all in here. This seems too easy and smells like a trap. Maybe small put spreads or flies if you want to play the downside here.

Up 1% now. Never ceases to amaze me how much bull**** m-a-n-p-u-l-a-t-i-o-n is in the market bthese days.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GDX liftoff. I bought my credit spread back already at a small loss. I'm trying to fill December flies pinned at $32 as a cheap contrarian lotto.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Yeah, I can't stand it when people that make 50%+ in less than a week have the gall to sell their shares. Those evil *****es.

Elon, is that you?
First Page Last Page
Page 4631 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.