Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,880 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Happygilmore20
Fightin_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seeing some alarming trends in the industrial sector,

While producers are able to raise prices their production is being curtailed due to increased regulation, labor problems, supply constraints and esg (companies spending time and resources on conservation projects that are "good for the environment" and the investor presentation but cost more than they will return)

I don't think Wall Street sees this in the next 2-3weeks/months but 1st quarter 2022 could get real nasty.

Anyone else have thoughts on these issues? The chemical sector could be one of the first places this hits the fastest as margins are small and very volatile there.

Am I too pessimistic?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
McKinney Ag69
AG
EliteZags said:

Challenger 17 said:

Dang SDC is getting absolutely raped.
anyone buyin this dip?
It's tempting with shares down 25% afterhours. I feel like it's an overreaction to a bad earnings report and shares will get gobbled up sub 4.00.
EliteZags
AG
nibbled in at 3.98
tlepoC
AG
I'll pick up some LEAPS in the morning if the price is still down. Longterm, they should be good....right?

Wish I had sold all of it during that spike last January. The channel was fun to play but I didn't get out completely when it broke down due to the damn Texas freeze
SpeedyAg90
AG
PYPL seems like a discount at 220
Bonfire1996
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

PYPL seems like a discount at 220
im buying some tomorrow.
BaylorSpineGuy
Man….uranium energy Corp (UEC) is smoking right now.

Was trading a little over $1 about 11 months ago. Now over $5. Impressive run for uranium over these recent months. Up .50 today even.

How much will this keep going up?
KaneIsAble
AG
RBLX after hours? Up almost 30%.
lobwedgephil
This market loves fakeouts and traps.
TMOOSE
Took a starter position $DCPH. Stock is beaten down... Love the upsite.
agdaddy04
AG
KaneIsAble said:

RBLX after hours? Up almost 30%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/11/08/roblox-rblx-earnings-q3-2021.html

EPS is still negative but beat forecasts
Talon2DSO
AG
Not at all stock related but I had to share the view from these seats!
Brewmaster
AG
since we talking football...

the best team in each state, check out Alabama, LOL:

PeekingDuck
AG
Fresno State... what is going on?
mazag08
AG
NRD09 said:

Sell orders set for .99

$1.35 is gap fill and cup completion. Why sell yourself short?
McInnis 03
AG
NAKD at $1 this morning
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Aggie118
AG
I apologize for asking again but didn't see an answer. What is yalls $DNN sell point? Trying to stop getting burned by hanging on to stocks too long. Thanks!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
mazag08 said:

NRD09 said:

Sell orders set for .99

I'd agree. They need 10 consecutive days over $1. If it's going to pop, you'd think they would prop it up over $1.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
RIOT is up to almost $40.

WWR is at $3.83

PLTR did well on earnings.

Gonna be a good day me thinks.
Triple_Bagger
Mine was $1.50
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
mazag08 said:

NRD09 said:

Sell orders set for .99

Y'all got me all excited thinking it was 1.35 premarket. I was making a joke about frontrunning yall. But also feel like I've seen these things bounce off $1 in a lot of cases as people take profits. Do we know what these guys do? Is it a spac rumor?
astroaggie13
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

RIOT is up to almost $40.

WWR is at $3.83

PLTR did well on earnings.

Gonna be a good day me thinks.

Then don't look at PLTR!
Gig em Stros
Irish 2.0
How's it going in here??

Long time no see! Finally completed most of my product launch and I'm back!

Holy hell the EV and green energy plays! Talk about parabolic moves on these things. Congrats to those that caught them. In reading and looking at old charts, some of these EVs and green energy plays seem very reminiscent of the dot com era. Very PR driven, but great to get in on them for the moves. Just be careful and take some profits. Don't get caught in the rug pull. The market feels very extended here and the ones that get pulled the hardest are the ones that have had those moves usually.

I've done a few swings off of 50DMAs the last few months, but not much trading. Finally have some time again. Looking forward to jumping back in on the discussions. I'm sitting on about 95% cash right now waiting for a little correction. Would love to see some selling pressure and a visit to the 375 area on the QQQ before I look to get truly long on anything right now. Lots of stocks look like they may be putting in some rounding tops right now which is a short term bearish sentiment. Not saying it will happen, just an observation I've seen in some charts.
austinAG90
AG
Tuesday Macros.....

Treasuries Bull Steepen on Brainard Headlines... Fed Worries About Asset Prices

Treasuries have held support of 1.50 10 years and 1 5 years as headlines came out overnight that Lael Brainard was also being interviewed for Fed Chair and not just Vice Chair... Brainard is viewed as more dovish than Powell, even though we would dispute that, nonetheless treasuries bull steepened off support. Meanwhile the Fed came out with a report late yesterday showing concern about bubbly type asset prices and concern about Chinese contagion reaching global real estate prices... As for the former, it seems that the 800+ PHDS of the Fed can't seem to see the correlation with some of the most negative real interest rates we have ever seen versus absurdly rising asset prices... These asset prices are directly related to low rates in a high inflation environment... And unfortunately as global money continues to leave China, we think US assets can melt up further....

4 Fed speakers today including Powell... Bullard will likely lead the headlines as Powell did not say anything monetary related yesterday... We doubt he says much today... But the big news that will be with the market until Thanksgiving as to whether Powell gets reappointed with Brainard as one of the Vice Chairs, or Powell is sent his walking papers... Politico says Thanksgiving, but they also said Labor day...but now getting Senate approval given the debt negotiations will restart shortly along with the other massive bill , will be difficult.... time is of the essence.

We picked up an interesting comment from a colleague this morning concerning hedge funds and other fast money concerning the lack of liquidity in treasuries and the massive moves in direction and the curve... "Fast $ accounts are loathe to add new risk so close to year end AMID A LIQUIDITY DESERT and after poor recent performance. SIX SIGMA MOVES typically don't occur when people are positioned for them"... Meaning there has been tremendous bond volatility that has seared many of the fast money... Central Banks changing views to dovish in the face of very high inflation is behind this... It won't end well...

Today we have another big PPI report where we look for YOY of 8.6%... BB refers to this number as the Factory Gate Inflation... German Zew expectations number this morning was 50% higher than the expectation...31.7 versus 20... Things are getting better although we did see Covid cases higher in Germany in the last few days...

We are at an interesting time in the markets... Real rates are the most negative that we have ever seen... One colleague said that in 1947 inflation was 19.7% and the Fed kept the long bond at 2.5%... But well before our time... BB intelligence pointed out that on a technical basis they could see the Chinese equity market show another 15% down in Chinese ETFs..even top Chinese corporate dollar issuers, like Tencent, are seeing their bonds widen out 15-20 basis over the past few days and another 10 just this morning
... Some of that money is coming into the US,,, yet we see that GS is now buying Chinese real estate debt

Saving Grace... US corporates remain solid... 10 borrowers came to market yesterday issuing 11.7 billion... Ahead of the expectation for a 25 billion dollar week... We did notice that spreads of new issues came 3 wide to outstanding's...In HY Ford got the gold star yesterday coming to market with 2.5 billion dollar deal, that was green...4.8 billion in total came in the junk market yesterday.. Junk yields are back to 4.03%
Maximus_Meridius
AG
It would seem that MARA has gone full-blown rocketship.
59 South
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

How's it going in here??

Long time no see! Finally completed most of my product launch and I'm back!

Holy hell the EV and green energy plays! Talk about parabolic moves on these things. Congrats to those that caught them. In reading and looking at old charts, some of these EVs and green energy plays seem very reminiscent of the dot com era. Very PR driven, but great to get in on them for the moves. Just be careful and take some profits. Don't get caught in the rug pull. The market feels very extended here and the ones that get pulled the hardest are the ones that have had those moves usually.

I've done a few swings off of 50DMAs the last few months, but not much trading. Finally have some time again. Looking forward to jumping back in on the discussions. I'm sitting on about 95% cash right now waiting for a little correction. Would love to see some selling pressure and a visit to the 375 area on the QQQ before I look to get truly long on anything right now. Lots of stocks look like they may be putting in some rounding tops right now which is a short term bearish sentiment. Not saying it will happen, just an observation I've seen in some charts.
Welcome back bro!

Ccutamu
ELOX... can someone explain how ELOX is up .09 this morning on volume of 430 shares?
Irish 2.0
Ccutamu said:

ELOX... can someone explain how ELOX is up .09 this morning on volume of 430 shares?
Because it is only 430 shares and someone hit the ask on the L2.

Most platforms register the current price at the last 100+ share sale
Triple_Bagger
Premarket trading is more volatile than regular trading hours because there are fewer participants. Don't read too much into premarket moves, especially on low volume.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

PYPL with that bottom reversal here off earnings, announcing that AMZN will be taking VENMO payments in 2022. Get ready for gap'n'go
Forget everything I ever say. Gap and go = Gap down
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Triple_Bagger
Triple_Bagger said:

EV Charging is getting some love today (EVGO, CHPT, BLNK). That must have made it into the infrastructure bill
EVGO up 100% since this post on 10/28
Ccutamu
Irish 2.0 said:

Ccutamu said:

Because it is only 430 shares and someone hit the ask on the L2.

Most platforms register the current price at the last 100+ share sale
Thank you kind sir!
TexasAg2017
AG
SDC 4.5P should print this morning. Left a runner after closing a few yesterday.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Irish, McFly, and 59 South all posting on the same page? Did I just invent time travel?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TexasAg2017 said:

SDC 4.5P should print this morning. Left a runner after closing a few yesterday.

Nice play!
First Page Last Page
Page 4625 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.