Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,908 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Chef Elko
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$LYV. I think they're effed short term.

Remember when I've said here to buy when a stock is in a crisis situation? Their business won't go away, but it may be so unpopular and morally repugnant that they nuke this thing to like 80 bucks. Give this about a month and be ready to go long.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$MU probably needs to flag / base and then go higher. I think this actually looks great for a long. I would prefer to buy at $71.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What's the scoop on $LYV? Up pretty good recently.

Also are you looking at call credit spreads on the way down if you think it's effed short term?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

$MU

In a little more than a month, 11/24 to be exact, Micron (if it stays flat) will be trading at its 52 week low, with a forward looking PE Ratio of less than 8x.

Bonfire was pretty solid with this observation. Tomorrow i should be able to get net free + on the jan spreads i bought after reading this. I tried fri but didn't quite get filled
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The Travis Scott concert in Houston was hosted by LYV
Dan Scott
AG
LYV after the incidents this week and potential liability and TSLA with uncertainty of Elon selling 10% are two stock I'm really interested in seeing what happens this week.

Also SPY. RSI is overbought territory and signals a dip
BaylorSpineGuy
Edit….Nm I saw the above response.
BaylorSpineGuy
So buy on 11/24, then?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
No, buy on 10/19 lol
La Bamba
AG
If trading LCID, keep TSLA on your screen as a trade index. If that 38.62 mark holds as support and TSLA price agrees and holds, this name could go nutso to the upside (mid 40s). If TSLA gets heavy off those Elon news, and some of these bases start to fail, LCID will be a nice short. Have it on my trade list this week, will def give multi-dollar trade opportunities this week one way or another. Ready for it.

FJ43
Mornun Gents !

Hope y'all kill it this week.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

M4 Benelli
What about BNTX as a triple punished vax play? First MRK caused a sell off, MRNA ****ty earnings/guidance, now Pfizer with their blue pill-19. I'm not a fan of the vax crap, but not adverse to making some stacks off of it.

Took a 20% nose dive on Fri

Earnings tomorrow on the 9th.

PFE killed earnings, and has a cost & profit sharing agreement with BNTX. Unwarranted dip for everyone's tortilla chips.
wanderer
CHPT up 13% before the bell this morning. Thanks Biden

OA had the 11/19 28C play. I would think these open around 1.40ish this morn.
cgh1999
AG
MARA (+ 9.1%) and TTD (+ 14.1%) with the rocket up this am.

TTD now up 23%, 10 minutes later.
austinAG90
AG
Monday Macros

Bonds Reversing...Clara. Powell Speak Shortly...Equities Biding Time

A colleague led his weekend thoughts that " no one outside the bond market understands the bond market"... We understand what he was getting at... Last week we saw a reversal of bonds and massive short covering in an illiquid environment... Hedge funds and CTA's had to reverse course from hawkish trades as the Fed ,BOE, RBA, and others seem to reverse their hawkish views concerning tightening... Powell was his typical self, refusing to discuss rate increases in 2022 and focus only on tapering... That was taken as dovish. Others added that the employment numbers showed some light at the end of the tunnel of supply chain issues, it did not.. Nonetheless, the big read was missed by those outside the bond market... Fixed income rallied because the shorts were caught off sides... It had little to do with the employment number, which we thought was a pretty good number for the economy, and even if supply chains were loosening up, it would only lead to stronger economic numbers... Demand exceeds supply by margins we have never seen...

Treasuries, yield curve and major moves last week and what we can expect this week... The "Swoosh Movement" happened Friday when the 10 year broke the 1.51 level and rapidly moved to our main resistance of 1.43... It happened quickly as the CTA tracker used by our colleagues, " the incumbent 'max short" in TYs showed a "cover short" trigger kick in "and caused the 7 basis quick move in 10 years. It had nothing to do with fundamentals.. And only about technicals... Again, big moves happen around Fed meetings and the November one was a big one, coupled with an employment report... Question now where are we going next... Overnight treasuries have backed off from the low yield... 5 years hit our resistance of 1.04... We think this exhaustion move is over for now and the focus will be supply this week..REMEMBER THE BOND MARKET IS CLOSED THURSDAY FOR VETERANS DAY, STOCKS WILL TRADE NORMALLY. 5 years should move back to 1 and 10 years to 1.52

Fed... 5 speakers today including Powell and Clarida... 4 tomorrow with Powell the lead again...we do not expect anything different then last week...both appearances are at a diversity conference... But we assume there will be some headlines... As for Tapering goes, we think the Fed will taper 15 billion a month for the next 8 months...HOWEVER, Citi came out over the weekend with a view that says that the Fed will announce an increase in tapering at the December meeting to accelerate tapering to 50% higher, to 22.5 billion a month with 15 billion treasuries and 7.5 billion mortgages...at this point we agree that it could happen, but we do not think the Fed wants to rock the boat, given they will have to adjust policy to the absurdly high inflation numbers that are not going away anytime soon.

Summers... Wall Street Week... We try to watch this segment produced late Friday every week...Given he is an independent thinker, which sometimes get him in trouble, he does give an honest read... His points this week is that the Fed is falling further behind the curve... Demand massively is exceeding supply... And like us, he does not see supply chains getting better... And inflation continues to plague the Fed and is not being addressed... He broke down the employment number with an interesting point... Most of the increase in workers added were lower paying hospitality and leisure jobs, yet the average wages and income remained high... He attributes this to the large increases in wages that other jobs are garnering... So the wage inflation component continues to rise significantly... His big point is that if the Fed does not address inflation now, there is limited opportunity for a "soft landing"...

Equities...GS reaffirmed their 2022 target of 4900 for the S+P... But Barron's had an interesting headline... " How to Play a Market Bubble"... It is coming... We still remain a fully invested bear... But many make the case that the equity market is good until year end... We do not dispute that.... Covid is over... More Stimulus and Infrastructure spending has been passed and will be implemented...Real rates are absurdly low... And another bill of 2 Trillion remains to be discussed... It does not look like taxes are rising for now, but the jury is still out... As Barron's put out, the S+P 500 trades at a 21.6 multiple against 12 month forward earnings, but nearly 33 times if price earnings are weighted by market cap... Seems steamy... We now think we see a correction in January as everyone wants to book capital gains in 2022... Just a thought.
tamu2009
AG
Any of you guys on GREE? Seems to be a decent expectation that a $10 dividend is going to be announced shortly and I saw a few outlets raising PT to $70+
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
cgh1999 said:

MARA (+ 9.1%) and TTD (+ 14.1%) with the rocket up this am.

TTD now up 23%, 10 minutes later.

RIOT up to $34 (only a measly 7.5%).
gigemJTH12
AG
wanderer said:

I have 4 contracts. Should I keep one as a flier?
Greendale 87
AG
METX moving bigly this morning!
BrokeAssAggie
gigemJTH12 said:

wanderer said:

That's my plan. Put a stop loss order in.
McKinney Ag69
AG

spud1910
AG
Not seeing $10.50 for MVIS for Dec. 17. $10?
E
AG
MARA is the gift that keeps on giving
YNWA_AG
AG
Just noticed the TTD move
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$BA liftoff?
My Original purchase here was DEC19 215/225 call spreads.......I just sold the 215's and moved up to 220's for a credit equal to the amount I paid for the spreads, so now I'll hold risk free spreads to see how the stock behaves awhile.

Summary:

1) original buy DEC19 215c/225c vertical spread @ $3 ea
2) "sold" 215c/220c vertical spreads for $3 ea just now
3) Now holding 220c/225c net free spreads for Dec 19
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
WWR making a bit of a move
Red Red Wine
AG
Doubled my money on the CHPT calls. Thanks, OA.
McKinney Ag69
AG
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

wanderer said:

That's my plan. Put a stop loss order in.

I'm all out on these.
McInnis 03
AG
Update: $IRNT

I had put on some vertical nov10 15c/18c spreads on IRNT thinking it may break out of possible pennant upwards, I killed that trade here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
astros4545
AG
CLOV is currently $8

There are covered calls expiring Friday, Strike of $14 for $0.10

Surprised that there is actual money to collect at nearly twice the current stock price
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$BA liftoff?
My Original purchase here was DEC19 215/225 call spreads.......I just sold the 215's and moved up to 220's for a credit equal to the amount I paid for the spreads, so now I'll hold risk free spreads to see how the stock behaves awhile.

Summary:

1) original buy DEC19 215c/225c vertical spread @ $3 ea
2) "sold" 215c/220c vertical spreads for $3 ea just now
3) Now holding 220c/225c net free spreads for Dec 19
Just followed you on this. 8:45 AM and already learned something new today.
Bonfire1996
AG
NRD09 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

$MU

In a little more than a month, 11/24 to be exact, Micron (if it stays flat) will be trading at its 52 week low, with a forward looking PE Ratio of less than 8x.

Bonfire was pretty solid with this observation. Tomorrow i should be able to get net free + on the jan spreads i bought after reading this. I tried fri but didn't quite get filled

Don't go back and look at what I said about COIN three weeks ago. I left thousands on the table.

I called for $350 lottos when COIN was trading around $250. Ugh
AGSmith
AG
I'm at +1800% on it. Just wish I'd put more in last year
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I just got a couple fills on ater December 5/7.5 call spreads for .8. That's almost an arbitrage play
First Page Last Page
Page 4621 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.