Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,636 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Happygilmore20
tlepoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got money on it at least filling the gap from August in the 4th quarter
Brewmaster
AG
SPX is outpacing this thread now! pick up the posting pace!

credit to BaylorSpineguy for noticing that
BaylorSpineGuy
ALZN! 70x normal volume. I'm in.
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

careful, it's a Zack/ Atlas pump n dump
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

careful, it's a Zack/ Atlas pump n dump
This. Would not hold overnight.
BaylorSpineGuy
Thanks for heads up. Will close now.
BaylorSpineGuy
Have not had chance to cruise TWTR today. Surgery then checking on the folks in the hospital.

My dad called me with alert so I bought. I'll tell him to close too.
FTAG 2000
AG
Something I've noticed with Atlas. They like to call out a play mid afternoon as the power hour play that is going to "run into close and after hours."

These usually get shorted into oblivion (usually, not always). I'd caution playing any of those to the long side.

Today's was ALZN.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm in a predicament. I bought LCID during initial run-up when it was still CCIV. My price was $38 and I unfortunately did not bail before the drop. Have been selling calls and price now down to around $36.50 or so per share.

Am currently (unfortunately!) with a covered call I sold a couple weeks back for a $29 expiring 11/26. If I buy this back, it's gonna cost me another $1000 or so. Otherwise, my shares will get called away at 29, and I'll be sitting on a $700-800 loss. Should I buy this call back and keep my shares (eating a small loss for the moment), or eat the all-time $700 loss?

I've been holding for a dip so I can buy the call back for less, but the stock just keeps going up! lol I'm an idiot.

Will be more careful about selling long-dates calls in the future on a volatile stock.

To be clear, I have about 107 shares. It was one of my first investments ever.
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm in a predicament. I bought LCID during initial run-up when it was still CCIV. My price was $38 and I unfortunately did not bail before the drop. Have been selling calls and price now down to around $36.50 or so per share.

Am currently (unfortunately!) with a covered call I sold a couple weeks back for a $29 expiring 11/26. If I buy this back, it's gonna cost me another $1000 or so. Otherwise, my shares will get called away at 29, and I'll be sitting on a $700-800 loss. Should I buy this call back and keep my shares (eating a small loss for the moment), or eat the all-time $700 loss?

I've been holding for a dip so I can buy the call back for less, but the stock just keeps going up! lol I'm an idiot.

Will be more careful about selling long-dates calls in the future on a volatile stock.

To be clear, I have about 107 shares. It was one of my first investments ever.
Why not roll your call up and out a month? Then if it crashes you can buy back cheap and then work on getting out.

If it keeps going up, keep rolling, pocketing some profit as it goes, until you're in a position to buy back or exit at a profit.
BaylorSpineGuy
So can u plz help walk me through that? How do I roll a call forward? I will be able to pocket premium with that technique? Do I choose the same strike, etc? Roll up with weeklies or monthlies? And don't I have to pay to roll the call forward? That call is like 12 points in the money now. I really don't wanna unload $1200 to save on what is already a loss of $800.

I've never done this and would appreciate any guidance. I don't wanna gum this up. I sold the call for like $1.25 when it was $23 like 2-3 weeks ago. It's over $41 now. It literally has a rocket up its butt.
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

So can u plz help walk me through that? How do I roll a call forward? I will be able to pocket premium with that technique? Do I choose the same strike, etc? Roll up with weeklies or monthlies?

I've never done this and would appreciate any guidance. I don't wanna gum this up. I sold the call for like $1.25 when it was $23 like 2-3 weeks ago. It's over $41 now. It literally has a rocket up its butt.
What trade platform you using?
BaylorSpineGuy
Fidelity
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Fidelity
ATP or the web site?
BaylorSpineGuy
I use ATP. Also have phone app.
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I use ATP. Also have phone app.
Alright.

NOTE: EDITED to reflect rolling a covered call, not an open call.

In ATP:

If you left click on the symbol for your option a menu should pop up (buy, sell, etc.). Somewhere on that list should be 'Roll >'.

If you click on that, it should give you three strike prices for each of the next two months (ie., if your strike is 25, it might have 20, 25, 30).

You can pick one of those or select create custom roll at the bottom of the list. If you do that, it'll bring up a box that will have your option pre-populated in the 'Leg 1' block with a BUY to close.

On Leg 2, you will have buy to open selected, then you can pick a new expiration date and strike price. When you pick a new strike, it'll populate the order type section with either net debit (if you'd have to pay to roll it, or net credit if you'd be getting a profit off the roll out).

You'd want to play around with dates and strikes such that you can get a net credit (get some back for rolling to a higher strike).

I'd just go one month out and find net credit prices you'd be happy with and pick one of those.

Here's me rolling my open UAL 12/17 57.5s to January 72.5s as an example of how this would look -

BaylorSpineGuy
I can't thank you enough for the help! You've saved me big money! Want to try to st least break even on LCID and wouldn't mind holding them long term if possible.
FTAG 2000
AG
Happy to help and pay it forward. Someone had to show me once when I started earlier this year.

Have a great weekend.
slacker00
AG
I don't use ATP but I assume it should be buy to close and sell to open for his covered calls and not how it is shown.
FTAG 2000
AG
slacker00 said:

I don't use ATP but I assume it should be buy to close and sell to open for his covered calls and not how it is shown.
YEP, you're right. Good catch. Can't walk and chew gum at the same time today.

BaylorSpineGuy - screen will look slightly different (leg 1 - buy to close, leg 2 - sell to open).

BaylorSpineGuy
I saw that! Thanks!
BaylorSpineGuy
So I found a net credit of 1.80 for a 28 strike for Jan 2022. Is this a reasonable thing? It lowers my cost average fairly well. I keep my shares for two months and can hope it pulls back somewhat. Go for it?

I also found a Jan 21 2022 30 strike that nets credit .35. This may be a better value. Lowers my cost basis less but I make up for it with a better strike price.

Would appreciate any insight and absolutely I will pay it forward.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'd do the 30, it'll get crushed faster with any weakness/pullback. And next time figure this stuff out when the market is open, the chain will be completely different at open Monday!
gougler08
AG
On ATP there's actually a roll option that does it all for you, you just have to pick strike price and date
Triple_Bagger
You can set your own price for the credit as well. Might not get filled but I always play with it and see how much I can get. Keep it within reason.
BaylorSpineGuy
Good luck to the Aggies tomorrow.

We have TCU in ft Worth. If we win, we will host undefeated OU in Waco next weekend.

Do you all control your own destiny in the SEC West?
trip98
AG
AG 2000' said:

trip98 said:

Have small position on MBIO and just sold CC on it after waiting for months hoping it goes up... Maybe it's bottomed out finally
But with my luck I waited 4 months and watch that end up being 2 weeks short.... And it rockets in the near future
If called out i still profit a nice return but woulda missed a killer return

Redler talked about bio stocks having a run in November leading up to ASH (American Society of Hematology) in December. MBIO announced yesterday they were selected to present at that next month.

It bottomed out at 2.1 last week and has been climbing since.

Last year from November to December it ran from 2.4ish to 4.

What strike you get? Could see this running.

I sold the march $5 strike
Thats a level that I'm fine this getting called away and profiting decent
Just knowing my luck it'll run to $5 in a month and I coulda sold a 7.50
McInnis 03
AG
House passee infra
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
M4 Benelli
Money printer go brrrrrrr.

With that being said, whats everyones plays to captilize on this? More than likely buying back into CLF if it doesnt immediately rocket on Monday.
gougler08
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Good luck to the Aggies tomorrow.

We have TCU in ft Worth. If we win, we will host undefeated OU in Waco next weekend.

Do you all control your own destiny in the SEC West?

Nope, need Bama to lose again thanks to our ugly Arkansas loss. And count me as a fan of Baylor to knock off OU
FJ43
Morning gents!

Lots of new names in just the past 2 weeks or so. Wow I gave up trying to read 700-800 posts. Warms my heart to see y'all with winning trading and sure miss y'all intraday.

Hope y'all have a great weekend and BTHO Auburn.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
dropping by for a couple of quick things. Can't believe I bought PTON at $62. It will come back, though. They have a good product.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$NQ

Two closes above +3 ATR, but take a look at the candle from Friday. Could be OPEX stuff, but I think this rally is probably getting tired. Will it go down, no, but do I think we continue to see extreme buying - probably not. I'll be honest that I didn't expect this type of power move. It makes me wonder if the institutions are starting to sell to retail.

$SPX, $RTY/IWM, basically the same thing. Dow less "overbought".

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$TSLA I think this is starting to peter out a bit. Look at the volume.

One bit of caution, it is not guaranteed to have a major drop, but I do think you can realistically expect a touch of 1160 within the next month. Premiums are so jacked, though. I'm willing, I think, to give a small Nov 19 1180 a shot at $45/per with a stop at $41 on the premium.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
+3 ATR on the monthly for S&P. It could definitely go higher - the trend is your friend until it isn't sort of stuff. I just have a hard time wanting to be super bullish up here. Considering the range of possibilities, I think this is pretty much priced to perfection and because of that, more bad things can happen than good things. There aren't many bears left and I think if you polled the average person, they would tell you that we will touch 5000 before we touch 4500.

We'll get a dip again, and I would as usual, buy the dip until it proves it doesn't work.

First Page Last Page
Page 4619 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.