Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,615 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Happygilmore20
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

ASH? Ashley Simpson?

https://www.hematology.org/meetings/annual-meeting
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BaylorSpineGuy
My neighbor bought Albemarle (ALB) in March/April around $150. It's now $270.

Wish I had listened.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We are above the monthly bollinger band on the SPY

La Bamba
AG
I recall OA saying WWR can be the next MP materials in a few years. If so, that keeps me excited cause MP is killing it.
cageybee77
AG
OCGN jumping PM. not sure how much "legs" this pop will have.
Saltyag15
AG
DKING getting worked over. Seems to be following in PENN's footsteps.
McInnis 03
AG
$BA liftoff?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
LFG! Give me $220
RigsTx
AG
What are some of the Lotto Friday follows? Might dabble for the first time.
McInnis 03
AG
RigsTx said:

My advice on your first time? TAKE PROFIT FAST.

Taking profit is certain.
Holding is uncertain.
Certainty prevails in successful trading.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
RigsTx said:

@ThetaWarrior: DISCLAIMER: HIGH RISK #LottoFriday

Keep bets small. Lock in gains.

$BA 215C >215.72 | 210P <210.7
$CHWY 82C >81.37 | 77P <77.17
$PLTR 27C >26.75 | 26P <26.18
$SNAP 54C >53.38 | 51P <51.47

Good luck! https://twitter.com/ThetaWarrior/status/1456434495989555202/photo/1
Shared via TweetCaster

B&I Key:
RigsTx
AG
McInnis 03 said:

RigsTx said:

My advice on your first time? TAKE PROFIT FAST.

Taking profit is certain.
Holding is uncertain.
Certainty prevails in successful trading.

Definitely. I've followed y'all a few times. Hoping to make enough to upgrade from the sirloin to the filet at dinner tonight.

I know Theta Warrior has been mentioned before. Are there any others I should look at?
austinAG90
AG
Friday Macros....

: Powell Summoned To White House Yesterday... Non Farms Whisper 500+

We expect another day of volatility in rates given the positions going into another critical payroll day... But first, we read a WSJ story that Powell was at the White House yesterday... That tells us that Powell is still in the running to be reappointed ...Add in the strong support from Yellen that CNNC reported on in the beginning of the week, and it is looking good...It seems that Biden is waiting to make a slew of appointments all at once...Clarida will be gone and Quarles is no longer the head regulator...this is a positive if Powell is reappointed as it removes an uncertainty... We do not support his transitory inflation view, but nonetheless we think he has done a good job.

Today... Unemployment... Expectation 450,000... Whisper over 500,000... There are three scenarios... A Very strong number... Expected number ...Weaker number... The problem is that unless the number is out of the park, maybe 750,000 or over a million, we think given the positioning from fast money, we end up bull steepening... But here are the scenarios

Strong number... And we mean strong.... 750 or more... Some back up in rates, but unless it is a game changer of 1mm or more, we see the bull steepening continuing...tapering remains on the path announced... 10 year backs up to 1.60, but we don't see 1.70 until the midweek holiday next week..

Expected number..400-600... Trend of bull steepening continues... 5 year is back to yesterday's resistance of 1... 1.04 is in the picture for today.. Longer term .92 is an exhaustion objective... 10 years 1.48 and then 1.43

Weak Number... Say under 250,000... Heck, given the changing seasonal's and the sophisticated abacus used by the labor department, the number could be negative. Then .92 on 5 years would be a reach, but the curve would steepen as fed watchers would build out 1 full rate hike for 2022...10 year 1.43 and 1.38 but the economy is strong like bull, so fade it if it gets there.

Overnight the S+P futures shot up 20 points from 4 am 7 am... The equity melt up continues, although it seems to be more concentrated and slowing some... We have read that supply chain issues are slowing.. GM said they are now getting chips...Qualcom said they are using multiple suppliers... While that may be true, we think the supply chain issues will be with us through next year.. China's electricity shortage and their ability to build nuclear power plants won't be done overnight... So we remain skeptical and still believe inflation is a problem for 2022...

Should be a wild ride... Our long-term trading says fade the first move...
Ccutamu
Looking at scans this morning I ran across CRXT. It had a goal post move yesterday with 40M+ in volume shooting it up 80% to settle back down to a 20% gain yesterday. It also had a 24M volume day on 10/13 this year. It has a testosterone replacement therapy drug. Looks to me like it might be ready to pop.

Any thoughts on this one?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You son of a beach, I'm in!
austinAG90
AG
Who does T replacement when almost every man can get T from their DR these days??..... Just saying
KY-AG 10
AG
KY-AG 10 said:

$ZM finally returning to the top of this channel it's been in. ER is November 22. So time for a run up to happen. If it can get past some resistance may see a nice jump the next week or two
Updating my post - $ZM with a mega fail hitting the $290ish resistance area. Fell way back down into the channel it's been in. Still not ready for the climb back to $320
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
austinAG90 said:

Who does T replacement when almost every man can get T from their DR these days??..... Just saying

Ags2013
AG
PTON down over 30%. Yikes.
austinAG90
AG
Non Farm Better Than Expected... Short End Under Mild Pressure... 30 YR Flatten

The 10 year is not doing much... The 5 year is hovering around 1... But the long bond is better by 2.5 basis... Overall not much yet... But we are picking up some interesting comments from equities that we missed yesterday

Our equity desk picked this up from GS

From GS: Yesterday was the LARGEST SINGLE STOCK OPTION TRADING OF ALL TIME & 3rd largest number of calls (32.78M) traded (exceeding Jan 28/29) & this was a non-expiry day

Total single stock option volume yesterday: $234b TSLA $231b AMZN $71b NVDA $54b GOOGL $25b AAPL $20bln AMD $20b FB $16b GOOG $12b MSFT $12b MRNA $209b other

CNBC: Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be OVER in the U.S. by January

Investors pumped $26.1 billion into equity funds in the week to Wednesday, driven by large cap U.S. and emerging market stocks, according to EPFR data. $14.7b went into cash, on top of last week's whopping $79.7b; bond funds attracted $8b. U.S. leads equity charge at $11.9b, in the sixth straight week of inflows. In sectors, healthcare sees the most inflows, at $1.8b. Largest inflow into EM stocks since March 2021, at $5.6b. Japan's largest outflows in 8 weeks, at $1.1b. Treasury inflation protected securities have seen inflows for 50 weeks, with $2.2b last week. Largest inflows since Jan. 2021 into mortgage backed securities at $1.9b.
Ccutamu
austinAG90 said:

I was more interested in the goal post than the actual therapy .
La Bamba
AG
austinAG90 said:

Non Farm Better Than Expected... Short End Under Mild Pressure... 30 YR Flatten

The 10 year is not doing much... The 5 year is hovering around 1... But the long bond is better by 2.5 basis... Overall not much yet... But we are picking up some interesting comments from equities that we missed yesterday

Our equity desk picked this up from GS

From GS: Yesterday was the LARGEST SINGLE STOCK OPTION TRADING OF ALL TIME & 3rd largest number of calls (32.78M) traded (exceeding Jan 28/29) & this was a non-expiry day

Total single stock option volume yesterday: $234b TSLA $231b AMZN $71b NVDA $54b GOOGL $25b AAPL $20bln AMD $20b FB $16b GOOG $12b MSFT $12b MRNA $209b other

CNBC: Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be OVER in the U.S. by January

Investors pumped $26.1 billion into equity funds in the week to Wednesday, driven by large cap U.S. and emerging market stocks, according to EPFR data. $14.7b went into cash, on top of last week's whopping $79.7b; bond funds attracted $8b. U.S. leads equity charge at $11.9b, in the sixth straight week of inflows. In sectors, healthcare sees the most inflows, at $1.8b. Largest inflow into EM stocks since March 2021, at $5.6b. Japan's largest outflows in 8 weeks, at $1.1b. Treasury inflation protected securities have seen inflows for 50 weeks, with $2.2b last week. Largest inflows since Jan. 2021 into mortgage backed securities at $1.9b.

So, wen moon?
Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

SPY right at the top of the trendline going back to end of Feb 2020.

I posted the above back in September right before the dip. I didn't buy any hedges at the time though. This is the same line and it's just about right up against it again.

E
AG
LUV… thank you to whoever mentioned getting calls last week
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

LFG! Give me $220
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
E said:

LUV… thank you to whoever mentioned getting calls last week

150%
cageybee77
AG
got some MRNA cheap......let's just see if it stabilizes though.
FTAG 2000
AG
CLOV with earnings on Monday.

FTAG 2000
AG
All major indices at or over +3 ATR on the daily. Take some profits yo.
trip98
AG
Have small position on MBIO and just sold CC on it after waiting for months hoping it goes up... Maybe it's bottomed out finally
But with my luck I waited 4 months and watch that end up being 2 weeks short.... And it rockets in the near future
If called out i still profit a nice return but woulda missed a killer return
E
AG
FTAG 2000
AG
trip98 said:

Have small position on MBIO and just sold CC on it after waiting for months hoping it goes up... Maybe it's bottomed out finally
But with my luck I waited 4 months and watch that end up being 2 weeks short.... And it rockets in the near future
If called out i still profit a nice return but woulda missed a killer return

Redler talked about bio stocks having a run in November leading up to ASH (American Society of Hematology) in December. MBIO announced yesterday they were selected to present at that next month.

It bottomed out at 2.1 last week and has been climbing since.

Last year from November to December it ran from 2.4ish to 4.

What strike you get? Could see this running.

Sea Speed
AG
AG 2000' said:

CLOV with earnings on Monday.

What are expectations here?
fastgreens
AG
Been a while since I've posted but still lurk constantly during my free mornings... Thanks again to all that share their trades! I have learned so much from ya'll! That being said, I finally made a decent option trade yesterday...

Bought $SPY 486 C Dec 1 - 0.15 and just sold half at 0.51

Gig'em and BTHO Auburn!!!!!
WestTexAg12
AG
Ags2013 said:

PTON down over 30%. Yikes.
Had this in one of my long term accounts for a while. I'm stuck with it.

Piece of sheet stock...
First Page Last Page
Page 4616 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.