Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,612 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
docaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One additional aspect to this is cost to buy the equipment.
This wouldn't be used at a small hospital, but major stroke centers.
And those places already have current technology of angiography to use.
Unless there is some demonstrated improvement in outcomes, hospitals aren't going to lay out capital just because it's something new. You have to show a clear benefit that will result in less costs in some way (decreased morbidity / mortality, decreased length of stay, etc)
(This comes from a decade and a half dealing with tertiary care centers and capital expenditure requests.)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone trade DGLY? It ran like 17% today. Just spotted it looking for something else. Cheap options and good option chain, but not sure if it will keep running. Looks like teased about 15-20x normal volume today.
bone.
AG
hey prog, i'm not familiar with this type of tech, in fact my work is more in-line with the good spine doc from waco. perhaps Alvin Yeh in Biomedical Engineering at A&M may be able to offer feedback on the technology, though. i don't know the dude, otherwise i'd offer to make the connection but it may be worthwhile for your DD. just a thought...

https://engineering.tamu.edu/biomedical/profiles/alvin-t-yeh.html
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Dan Scott said:

DPW has some decent insider buys. It hasn't helped the stock though but good to see.

https://www.secform4.com/insider-trading/896493.htm

bwhahaha, love this movie (and of course that part, so great).
ProgN
docaggie said:

One additional aspect to this is cost to buy the equipment.
This wouldn't be used at a small hospital, but major stroke centers.
And those places already have current technology of angiography to use.
Unless there is some demonstrated improvement in outcomes, hospitals aren't going to lay out capital just because it's something new. You have to show a clear benefit that will result in less costs in some way (decreased morbidity / mortality, decreased length of stay, etc)
(This comes from a decade and a half dealing with tertiary care centers and capital expenditure requests.)
Thank you, this is the type of DD I was hoping for.
ProgN
Thank you
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

GTIAG09 said:

Saltyag15 said:

GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

I formally invite you to create a username and join us officially as your own 100% personality.

Your choices are..

Sell my wife for WWR
CLOVerfield sucks
BIGCockatoo

ohh, I want to play! lol...

FJ's sock
Prog's dirty sock
Lotto degenerate
YOLO Ag
Model T bagger
Dan Scott
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Anyone notice volume on SPY today? Higher volume on a down day today than what looks like any of the last 10 or so days. At least eyeballing it on my phone (not in front of computer).

My guess is more downward pressure tomorrow. AAPL and AMZN earnings are about the only thing that can save the market now. A sizable portion of the S&P is trading down and I think I read that 37% were trading below their 200 DMA (but I'm not sure I believe that). That's hard to believe, but it's evident that the FAANG + MSFT has artificially propped up the S&P where it would otherwise be reeling right now.

I agree. If tomorrow Apple and Amazon provide lower 4Q guidance because of supply issues we go down.
ibdm98
AG
BREwmaster said:

mazag08 said:

GTIAG09 said:

Saltyag15 said:

GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

I formally invite you to create a username and join us officially as your own 100% personality.

Your choices are..

Sell my wife for WWR
CLOVerfield sucks
BIGCockatoo

ohh, I want to play! lol...

FJ's sock
Prog's dirty sock
Lotto degenerate
YOLO Ag
Model T bagger

Socks&SNDLs(I'm just here for the weed)
SAVAhorse/RideACowboy(what were we talking about?)
30Khooker
MUbars
IRNT right in the head
i SPY a red trading account
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Triple_Bagger said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Read headline today that cigarette smoking and purchases were up for the first time in more than 20 years.

This may be more indicative of financial stress, etc.
I thought this might happen so I loaded up on MO and BTI during last months dip. They pay a nice dividend as well (8%).
Yes. People eat, drink and smoke in high inflationary and/or economic uncertain times. (The vices of life?)

I own both, a little MO and a whale **** ton of BTI. BTI got FDA approval last week or 2 ago for e-cigarette. It's the only e-cigarette that is allowed for sale in U.S. Temporary licenses to others out the window. Those cig companies are appealing the FDA. Regardless of appeals and court battles, other notable notes, FDA is not going to allow flavored stuff because of the magnetic draw it has on kids.

What you need to know is this - many are claiming cig companies are dying due to losing customers per health reasons, logically yes, but we humans are odd ducks. E-cigarettes are less harmful and more efficient and what does that do?....drives demand up! Anytime you make something more efficient and more safe, humans buy more because we're programmed that way. Cars were legislated to get more miles per gallon, engines would pollute less and people save money by not using so much gas....hell, all people did is drive MORE and use more gas and drove further distances. Paper towels with perforated half-sheets, saves people from using one paper towel sheet to using a more efficient half-sheet. Well, it increased paper towel use for clean-ups that wouldn't be considered for whole sheets - using 2 half-sheets is much better than using one whole sheet (huh?). And, many many more examples. Folks, e-cig's will drive demand up and the economy will stoke the fear and stress in people to support demand. Weak people will have their will broken and start smoking again, because it's "less harmful". "Smoking and purchases up for the first time in 20 years", yep and the business is not going to die. Also, look for the major tobacco cig players to be large weed players in the future when the time is right - it's what they do.

Full transparency: I was a smokeless user from 1972 to 1989. Skoal was 12 cents a can when I started. I had them all. Brown's Mule was like carrot cake. Quitting tobacco was one of the hardest things I've been through. I'm not here to debate tobacco use as a defender or opponent. The above is market oriented info and an expressed opinion for the purpose of buying, selling, holding or trading.
lobwedgephil
Big money positioned today AH for a big move.
agdaddy04
AG
That's still a small portion of overall insider ownership isn't it?
mazag08
AG
Hell, I think Marlboro already owns the trademark for Marlboro Green. Just waiting to deploy.
mazag08
AG
Here's something to consider..

I posted yesterday about how RUT got out ahead of S&P and has been waiting for S&P to catch up. Check out this comparison chart going back to beginning of 2020.

Standard red and green candles = SPX
Sky blue = DIA
Pink = NDX
Orange = RUT

Nasdaq takes off quicker than the rest but maintains the same general shape, just higher. But notice RUT here. It starts slow, roars through the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021, and then comes to a halt waiting for the S&P. We all remember this as the late February / early March small cap crash. We were tossing out awful stocks left and right and jumping in without thinking (looking at you DPW you disgusting piece of ****).

But really notice how S&P already caught up. There's no more waiting. Any moves in the indexes going forward are likely going to be shared by all the indexes. They are back to acting in unison. And Nasdaq has a likely much deeper correction in store as it levels off, while Dow might have the biggest boom on the next leg up as it has to catch up.

Triple_Bagger
I think it was your recommendation that go me looking at these, so thank you for that. I bought a few of the high dividend stocks you listed.
BaylorSpineGuy
People turn to vices in financially uncertain times?

Is there a strip club, methamphetamines, and heroin ETF?
Triple_Bagger
If that stock sale by the CEO is the only reason for the drop from the $30s, then I feel pretty good about picking up AGFY shares in the $15s. This stock has been volatile, swinging 10% a day is normal, but I guess that's what you can expect from a low float small cap.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'd try to find out how many shares he had first!.
Triple_Bagger
AGFY

Agrify Announces Entry into Arizona Cannabis Market through Partnership with Olive El Mirage400 of Agrify's Vertical Farming Units to be installed at 30,000-square-foot facility with potential for the deal's value to be approximately $23.8 million

$9M up front, $23M over 10 years. Significant increase in sales for a company whose 2020 revenue was only $12M.
gig em 02
BaylorSpineGuy said:

People turn to vices in financially uncertain times?

Is there a strip club, methamphetamines, and heroin ETF?

Look at RICK and HNB
Triple_Bagger
He had 533k shares and sold 65k shares from his family trust. He sold at the top.
austinAG90
AG
Thursday Macros....

Central Bank Hawkishness... Fear of Policy Mistake...Flattens Curve to Pancake

Yesterday saw Central Bank Hawkishness and fears of a policy mistake, which took markets by surprise... We said that Brazil was expected to raise rates 150 basis, but we did not see BOC ending tapering immediately... Fears of what the BOE is thinking, and what the ECB might say, took Treasuries through our near term resistance of 1.58 10 years and 2% bonds...we are now looking at 1.42 as a potential objective in 10 years... The short end of the treasury curve continues to get crushed...2 years hit .55 and 5 years 1.21 overnight, big losses for the outright buyers the past two days... Today we have the 7 year...

Treasury curve, and other global curves, have flattened as a pancake... We said that if 5/30's could get through .82 basis, the next objective was .56... We saw .75 this morning, at one point that curve had flattened another 6... Wasn't this just 110?... 2/10s stand at 100....fears that Central Banks are too hawkish and increasing worries about a policy mistake...we disagree and think inflation fears justify this hawkishness... Supply chains continue to plague inflation and will not reverse until at least the middle of next year... But what will the economy do?.. GS dropped their GDP numbers today by .5%...expectations of 2.6%, but whisper numbers even lower...

Overnight... Australian 2 years and 3 years skyrocketed in yields the past three days... 2 year Aussie went from .12 to .53, while 3 years were higher by .50 basis from .71 to 1.21..IN THREE DAYS... This is extreme and only reversed a small amount as their Central Bank came into buy... We could go to other global curves but you get the idea... The global flattening of Sovereign curves, even the US, is becoming extreme.... This is how it works... Central banks start to fear inflation and move to try to mitigate it by removing accommodation or outright tightening... The yield curve flattens as Central Banks moves only affect the short end... The long end starts to flatten due to Central banks raising short rates, while the long end also benefits from a fear of a policy mistake... Tough situation for Central Banks... Powell , or his successor, will try to push against raising short rates, but eventually will fail... Economies, which the Fed can slow down the demand side, but not the supply side... But the question is will they stem all the growth... We do not think so..

Corporates... Had a good day yesterday with Citi being the lead... Their 4 billion book had over 17 billion of orders Total issued yesterday 6.6 billion... But the more interesting was HY, where money continues to flow in...30 billion has priced this month with no slowdown in demand... Investors continue to grab yield anywhere they can find it. HY continues to yield over 4% at 4.22 while CCC rose to 6.62% .

Expect continued volatility in the yield curve... Regardless of what the charts say we expect choppiness... Laguarde is up next with the ECB, but we still think the most important Fed meeting in awhile happens next Tuesday and Wednesday.. For now 10 years could range to as low as 1.42 or back to 1.6... But we doubt 1.7 until next week... We think the 5 year is destined to go above 1.25 and reach 1.31... But it could get all the way back to 1% on fears of a Fed policy mistake... Traders wanted volatility... We got some... As for Equities, they are being led by the gyrations in rates...
deadbq03
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Anytime you make something more efficient and more safe, humans buy more because we're programmed that way. Cars were legislated to get more miles per gallon, engines would pollute less and people save money by not using so much gas....hell, all people did is drive MORE and use more gas and drove further distances.
And money can be saved if you resist irrational market driven behavior.

I used to drive full-size trucks. But guess what? Every "mid-size" truck today is basically the same size and has the same power as my old '95 GMC. For me personally, if my needs haven't changed, why do I need to pay a premium to buy something that's twice the size and power of what I had 20 years ago? I don't - unless I'm trying to keep up with the Jones'.
Triple_Bagger

Might this accelerate the current stock repurchase programs?
McInnis 03
AG
What dis insinuate?

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

What dis insinuate?

A recession is coming.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
McInnis 03 said:

What dis insinuate?

Lots of the market is having a hard time digesting Central Banks in some countries being quick to essentially cut QE and economic triage. The theme of central bank tightening has gone global.

UK Central Bank announced a larger than expected cut in issuance on 30YRs.

Bank of Canada ending its bond buying program.

Yield Curves are flattening. Lots of concern about the Fed's ability to control inflation and foster economic growth. Investors are expecting similar things with the ECB.
FTAG 2000
AG
TRIT got cleared of the short seller allegations from earlier this year. Think some folks were in this.

Opened up to halt.
McInnis 03
AG
OSTK is freaking INTENSE. OMG.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Grabbed OSTK 90c at the open, just rolled up to 100c for a double+.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
If yo uthink AAPL gets woodshedded tonight for some reason, now is when you buy OTM put lottos.

B&I Key:
agdaddy04
AG
AG 2000' said:

TRIT got cleared of the short seller allegations from earlier this year. Think some folks were in this.

Opened up to halt.

Wow, put in a random order yesterday to sell at $9.00 and it executed this morning. Noticed it's dipped back down some. Is it one to get back into now?
sts7049
AG
i'm buying nov 5 160c's for my lottos
McInnis 03
AG
sts7049 said:

i'm buying nov 5 160c's for my lottos
I bought literally 2 145p's just in case.....but earnings this week have been pretty much premium burners in tech at time of release for the most part.

B&I Key:
FTAG 2000
AG
agdaddy04 said:

AG 2000' said:

Opened up to halt.

Wow, put in a random order yesterday to sell at $9.00 and it executed this morning. Noticed it's dipped back down some. Is it one to get back into now?
I don't think I'd chase, but definitely hand to hand combat right now.

Just rejected hard off 8.27 area but lots of energy still. 8.27 was a significant resistance level. 8.6 and 9.1ish next up. Could run hard, heavily shorted.

First Page Last Page
Page 4591 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.