Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,118 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by ProgN
Saltyag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diamond hands, bro
Triple_Bagger
Great call
BTFD
Brewmaster
AG
F'n A! all out on IRNT, got a late entry, scalped verticals weekly for nearly doubles. Also bought a ton of shares around $12, sold those after hours. **** I should quit for the week.

needed this!
BaylorSpineGuy
This general market action tells us how overweighted the SPY/SPX is weighted in the FAANG stocks. In a sea of red, the SPY barely drops (and was still green till about an hour ago). Meanwhile, so many companies (credit cards, LMT, financial institutions, auto makers, etc.) are feeling the burn in their stock price.

Curious to see what happens with AAPL and AMZN earnings. If they respond favorably, market will continue up, but if they lower guidance, down we go. AMZN tanked after last earnings report. AAPL also pulled back 5 pts after their earnings in the summer or maybe late spring.

I won't speculate on it, but I'm betting AAPL will pull back. There have been real issues getting phones and computers. A friend had to wait 2-3 wks for a new phone, and my wife's new Apple MacBook needed an extra memory capacity, and so she was delayed almost 2 weeks. Guessing that will be reflected in the earnings report.
Triple_Bagger
Good to hear. I thought you might have proven our conspiracy theory.
Brewmaster
AG
GTIAG09 said:

Decided to add some BIGC 12/17 55c. Stock is right around -2 ATR at the moment.
this is an OA favorite I believe too. I may look at veritcals soon.
jwhitlock3
Congrats! Great play!
Aggie118
AG
Anyone hanging on to IRNT hoping for a big run AH and pre market?
GTIAG09
AG
BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

From the man himself. Maybe wait to enter this one, unlike me.
Saltyag15
AG
I still lean toward believing in the conspiracy theory, so we'll call today an exception to the rule!
Saltyag15
AG
GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

WTF is that Cincy trash doin' tweetin' at our home boy? Tryna steal our trades or some ****?
BaylorSpineGuy
Could be worse. You've been infiltrated by a Bear. ;-)
Saltyag15
AG
True...grass ain't always greener!
TMOOSE
We thinking a little more red tomorrow?
GTIAG09
AG
Saltyag15 said:

GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

WTF is that Cincy trash doin' tweetin' at our home boy? Tryna steal our trades or some ****?

Haha thats me! Ag in though heart I promise! This is actually my older brothers acct (hence the AgTag) and he has been letting me lurk with it and I post every now and again in this thread. So its actually some McInnis type sh*t with his multiple personalities, except multiple people here, lol. I bleed maroon through and through, just without the Aggie ring unfortunately.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Could be worse. You've been infiltrated by a Bear. ;-)
Y'all just handle business Saturday and go in dry on sip and all bears are welcome to our clubhouse.
agdaddy04
AG
Anybody see any news on AGFY? Very low float stock that's been good up until recently. I was very close to getting out at $30 and obviously should've now. Still in the green, but didn't expect it to have the week it has had.
mazag08
AG
BIGC lost some pretty big support today. It needs to keep today's low as its low, otherwise it has runway all the way down to low $42's. And if it loses it's ATL it's open ended.

But it has tons of gaps above ultimately all the way to $130, and as stated by others, it's ridiculously oversold.

If I had to bet, I would say today cemented the bottom.

In EW analysis, the entire history of this thing since it's ATH shortly after IPO has been corrective in nature. But it hit a full 5 waves down from it's January 2021 top on May 12 at ~$42. From there it started a clearly impulsive 5-waves up to form the larger degree Wave 1 in what will be the long-term impulsive wave. Since July we've been in the wave 2 retracement. I've been watching it on the daily chart as it's easier to calculate the fibs.. but today it broke below the 85% retracement of Wave 1. That's not a good thing, as 85% is usually the last stop before you have to blow up your analysis, start over, and figure out what's wrong. I jumped over to a 2hr chart to double check and it just happens that it's May low which I've been using as the bottom of Wave 1 is actually about a dollar lower than on the 1D chart. I adjusted my fibs and BAM.. today's low is sitting directly on the 85% retracement.

So it HAS to hold here. If not, the May low becomes our support and if broken, then we're in a longer term and open ended downward free fall.

If today's low does hold, which I think it will, the next wave should take us to the high $90's. The 3rd wave typical landing spot of the 161% extension of Waves 1 and 2 is sitting directly on MAJOR resistance of $96.66 where we peaked in January. So between now and there expect a fairly impulsive move with multiple retracements along the way. That move would be followed by a sizeable retracement back down to the mid $70's, and then a final wave 5 up to close the gap at $130 (and potentially higher, the that gap would be just above the 261% extension.. so getting frothy up there.

But do keep in mind, timing is impossible to gauge, any wave can get extended (which means that each fib you expect it to hit from that point forward should be one fib level higher.. in the chart below, I'm expecting wave i of 3 to extend since it will be attracted to a gap.. which will extend each following wave as well), some waves can take the shape of diagonals, and 5th waves can get truncated and fall short. But the good news is, we have our Waves 1 and 2 (as long as we hold here). When you have a 1 and 2, the rest follows an actual measurable pattern. It might not hit exact, but you at least know which way you're going and about when major tops and bottoms should be expected.

mazag08
AG
GTIAG09 said:

Saltyag15 said:

GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

Haha thats me! Ag in though heart I promise! This is actually my older brothers acct (hence the AgTag) and he has been letting me lurk with it and I post every now and again in this thread. So its actually some McInnis type sh*t with his multiple personalities, except multiple people here, lol. I bleed maroon through and through, just without the Aggie ring unfortunately.
I formally invite you to create a username and join us officially as your own 100% personality.

Your choices are..

Sell my wife for WWR
CLOVerfield sucks
BIGCockatoo
Triple_Bagger
agdaddy04 said:

Anybody see any news on AGFY? Very low float stock that's been good up until recently. I was very close to getting out at $30 and obviously should've now. Still in the green, but didn't expect it to have the week it has had.
I haven't seen any news to justify the the 60% drop in price. I was in it earlier this year but bailed before the run to $30+. I just recently started accumulating shares again after their latest acquisitions. Earnings are BMO 11/10
BaylorSpineGuy
What about AggieTopHornBottom?
McInnis 03
AG
GTIAG09 said:

Saltyag15 said:

GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
CincySwimmer
mazag08 said:

GTIAG09 said:

Saltyag15 said:

GTIAG09 said:

BREwmaster said:

GTIAG09 said:

https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/dc/63/dc63f0a8afddae233a49d7e76e2538dfaed09f93_329904_u150968.jpg

I formally invite you to create a username and join us officially as your own 100% personality.

Your choices are..

Sell my wife for WWR
CLOVerfield sucks
BIGCockatoo

Decided to go for it. This username fits me a little bit better than ones provided, but that WWR one was a close second. Howdy from Cincy!

Edit: Thoroughly enjoyed your write up on BIGC too.
Aggie118
AG
IRNT with the upward action AH.
BaylorSpineGuy
Read headline today that cigarette smoking and purchases were up for the first time in more than 20 years.

This may be more indicative of financial stress, etc.
Dan Scott
AG
DPW has some decent insider buys. It hasn't helped the stock though but good to see.

https://www.secform4.com/insider-trading/896493.htm

GTIAG09
AG
I let you lurk and find out you're causing trouble on the B&I board? You better stay away from politics, don't want to end up in timeout with Prog.
Triple_Bagger
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Read headline today that cigarette smoking and purchases were up for the first time in more than 20 years.

This may be more indicative of financial stress, etc.
I thought this might happen so I loaded up on MO and BTI during last months dip. They pay a nice dividend as well (8%).
FTAG 2000
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

agdaddy04 said:

I haven't seen any news to justify the the 60% drop in price. I was in it earlier this year but bailed before the run to $30+. I just recently started accumulating shares again after their latest acquisitions. Earnings are BMO 11/10
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/09/01/agrifys-ceo-sends-the-cannabis-stock-crashing-wedn/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

Quote:

Marijuana stock Agrify (NASDAQ:AGFY) tanked Wednesday, crashing 16.9% at one point in trading before regaining some ground to close the day down 10.4%.

Blame its CEO.

Two recent regulatory filings from Agrify reveal that its CEO Raymond Chang sold a bunch of shares recently. Specifically, here's how many shares Chang has sold:
  • August 24: 1,700 shares.
  • August 25: 22,725 shares.
  • August 26: 42,899 shares.

ProgN
Disclaimer: I'm not in this and I'm not pushing this.

That being said, I'd really like BaylorSpineGuy's opinion and anyone else here that might be lurking that is familiar with this healthcare play. I have the money to invest, but I'm leery of things like this and would appreciate the opinions of people familiar with it's application.

They're private right now but looking for investors, the minimum investment is 25K. Most of these are extremely risky, which is the reason I ignore them. However, if their tech has potential, then picking the winner is a wealth changer. Like I've stated, I'm not in this but I am intrigued and would like the opinions of people here that can see potential or bull***** TIA

Here's the link:

https://www.dynamiclight.ai

mazag08
AG
CEO is a woman.

Thank God it's not a car company.
BaylorSpineGuy
I've not had experience with that, but I don't really do aneurysm surgery.

I have worked with leading Cerebrovascular neurosurgeons from around the country, and I'm not aware of any using this technology. I can tell you those papers were not published in any journals that neurosurgeons regularly read (at least I was not well familiar with them). I have very little knowledge unfortunately if this would be very additive intra-operatively. I do not recognize the surgeon by name who is a part of this.

I do have a friend who is on staff at Mayo Clinic who developed what is basically an endovascular camera to be used during clot retrieval during stroke interventions, and stuff like that.

I think U of M has control of the IP, though, since he developed it while a resident. This thing will be a game changer, for sure, but not sure if it will come to market or when or under what company, etc.

Hope this gives you some insight. If they publish their work in Neurosurgery (Red Journal) or the Journal of Neurosurgery (White journal), it'll really have legs. Those are our biggest journals with highest impact factor and readership.
irish pete ag06
AG
Dan Scott said:

DPW has some decent insider buys. It hasn't helped the stock though but good to see.

https://www.secform4.com/insider-trading/896493.htm

BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone notice volume on SPY today? Higher volume on a down day today than what looks like any of the last 10 or so days. At least eyeballing it on my phone (not in front of computer).

My guess is more downward pressure tomorrow. AAPL and AMZN earnings are about the only thing that can save the market now. A sizable portion of the S&P is trading down and I think I read that 37% were trading below their 200 DMA (but I'm not sure I believe that). That's hard to believe, but it's evident that the FAANG + MSFT has artificially propped up the S&P where it would otherwise be reeling right now.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I've not had experience with that, but I don't really do aneurysm surgery.

I have worked with leading Cerebrovascular neurosurgeons from around the country, and I'm not aware of any using this technology. I can tell you those papers were not published in any journals that neurosurgeons regularly read (at least I was not well familiar with them). I have very little knowledge unfortunately if this would be very additive intra-operatively. I do not recognize the surgeon by name who is a part of this.

I do have a friend who is on staff at Mayo Clinic who developed what is basically an endovascular camera to be used during clot retrieval during stroke interventions, and stuff like that.

I think U of M has control of the IP, though, since he developed it while a resident. This thing will be a game changer, for sure, but not sure if it will come to market or when or under what company, etc.

Hope this gives you some insight. If they publish their work in Neurosurgery (Red Journal) or the Journal of Neurosurgery (White journal), it'll really have legs. Those are our biggest journals with highest impact factor and readership.
This is why I asked you specifically. This isn't time sensitive for investing, and you know people that can see the potential or say their tech is full of ***** If you could ask your contacts what they think and if it has potential carries more weight with me than a prospectus.

BTW, this isn't an exclusive offer for just me, they are looking for investors so it would be open to everyone. However, these are extremely risky and that's why I'm reaching out to you and others that may be familiar with it's application.

FTR, situations like this is what makes this thread the best on TA. Some of us may be more experienced traders and familiar with the market, but everyone brings something special to the board that can benefit everyone. TIA Doc.
First Page Last Page
Page 4590 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.