Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,274 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Cru
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's pie in the sky and if so, it incentivizes a different type of approach.

Are they gonna tax your home equity on top of property taxes?

Last I checked there was nothing to "build back".

Separately, you all had better get used to 50% unemployment when robotics and AI replaces the overwhelming majority of jobs.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

No freaking way this passes, right?
If they roll it into a reconciliation bill it will. They're loading it up with so many tax increases AND funding 80,000 new IRS agents. That's not being done "for the rich", the middle class is in their crosshairs. Sadly, Manchin and/or Sinema is our only hope.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love how they're still pushing the narrative that they're going after the super wealthy, and not everyone with a 401k and knows how to save money.
irish pete ag06
AG
On the watchlist in the morning is XPEV...

Option flow... someone always freakin knows... all bearish on the Ask on Thursday then flips to super bullish with a massive floor OTM call bet coming in.

Chart has tested $45 resistance once already, will be interesting to see if this is the catalyst than can push it through...

Considering someone slapped a half million on the exchange floor for the November $50 calls, I'm saying it breaks through that $45 resistance.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Am I stupid to buy SPCE expecting to fill the gap back to 24 soon?

I'm on my phone but eye balling it, that has to be at -3 ATR. Probably not a horrible place to take starter long with cut below $19.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Up 1.2% on the HK exchange.

Idk man. News doesn't always evoke the reaction you want. I would make sure it clears 45 before you went nuke long. It's also got that resistance above it to clear.
irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Up 1.2% on the HK exchange.

Idk man. News doesn't always evoke the reaction you want. I would make sure it clears 45 before you went nuke long. It's also got that resistance above it to clear.
Most definitely... Just interesting to say the least. Fintwit is going nuts about it so I can see a pre-market run then crash too. I would play small on this if I played at all. The $50 NOV call is .88

Also edit to say I would play this as a scalp if I did just on the helium that fintwit and this catalyst could possibly create.
AgCPA95
AG
BREwmaster said:

Jet Black said:

So is the BENE thing dead?
it's BENE real, lol.
Running again AH. Up to $19 pre-market from an $11.69 close.
E
AG
PHUN bouncing back from fridays close
sts7049
AG
DWAC options are live
HoustonAg2014
AG
sts7049 said:

DWAC options are live

How? I thought it had to be publicly traded for a year to have options? Or has it been publicly but just acquired the Trump social media company which is why it now has options because enough people are trading it
Ragoo
AG
Boom. Congrats charlie!!!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tsla. Wow.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

Tsla. Wow.
WTF Happened?! Time to look at $1000 calls a couple of weeks out?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

Tsla. Wow.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-25/hertz-orders-100-000-teslas-tsla-stock-soars
[url=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-25/hertz-orders-100-000-teslas-tsla-stock-soars][/url]
sts7049
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

Tsla. Wow.
i bought some weeklies last week at 1.47, when it was still around 900. today might be very nice.
austinAG90
AG
Monday Macros......

Quiet Start to Week...Volatility Will Continue...Inflation Still Biggest Fear

10 year treasuries got to 1.70 Thursday and 5 years to 1.25 Friday, levels we expected... Momentum traders got over their skis with CTA's getting very short the sector... That lead to a short covering rally Friday to 1.63, when Powell said " *IT'S TIME TO TAPER, NOT TIME TO RAISE RATES"... That was the catalyst of the move Friday... But inflation still remains the biggest fear in the near term until the middle of 2022...Powell will announce tapering next week to start at the middle of November... It will end by the middle of 2022... Many think inflation will force the Fed to start raising rates in 2022... The reality is the market has already raised rates for the Fed seeing 5 year treasuries double in yield from August 4 from .60 to 1.20... Over 2 full rate raises...

Powell and Yellen... The monetary policy of the country still leads where the markets are going... On the Sunday shows yesterday Yellen said
" Yellen Expects High Inflation Through Mid-2022 Before Easing "
we agree with the high inflation aspect, but with supply chains continuing in turmoil, and the massive shortage of workers, we think it will continue and be worse than expected...oil hit new highs today, but the bigger long term outlook is that China is no longer the deflationary exporter as in the past... Power shortages and mandated black outs are affecting exports... We talked with a friend who imports large amount of goods from China and Vietnam... He said that the power shortage is real . El-Erian wrote this morning that the longer that elevated inflation exists, the greater the risk of a historic error. A delayed and partial response initially, followed by big catch up tightening would constitute the BIGGEST MONETARY POLICY MISTAKE IN 40 YEARS.

Powell seems to be less worried about employment and more concerned about inflation... If the inflation gets out of control there could be a disaster of how to pay for all the Federal debt that has been issued... Even with lower rates, there is a report out showing that the debt coverage is now the largest expense of the US Government... So if rates go significantly further, there could be major problems in future budgets...but that is for another day.

We expect 10 year rates to range from 1.60-1.70 this week..1.76 will be hit eventually, but 1.70 for 10 years is a strong support..5 years have a support of 1.31... But we saw a JP Morgan report talking about the long bond going to 2.50... We disagree for now... And the 5/30 curve, which bounced off .82 last week, and is .90 right now, could break down to .56 on another flattening...

Two last things... This was the big family weekend in NY...so at the dinner before, we talked with a guests who is a big NY buyer of apartment buildings... He bought a 250 unit apartment... He said that when people move out he upgrades... Standard stuff...but he said the cost of a kitchen has gone up from 2800 a year ago to 12,500 currently... Secondly, Joe Carson talked about real estate inflation in Barron's.. Home prices are up a record 19.5% in the past year, according to Case Shiller. However they were removed from the official price indexes owing to political and statistical issues. If they were still included inflation would be running at a 10% clip....

Houston, we have an inflation problem and it is not going away any time soon... So expect higher rates, the only question is how high before we see major problems in government funding or equities..
BaylorSpineGuy
So if rental car purchases Tesla, then hotel chains will need to start putting in more charging stations?

Thinking out loud……

Big surgery today for me, so I can't join the fun. Happy trading today.
sts7049
AG
there are already hundreds of thousands of teslas on the roads, no? hertz adding some to its rental fleet doesnt change charging demands significantly i dont think.
McInnis 03
AG
Is $MARK today's DWAC/PHUN?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Quote:

Two last things... This was the big family weekend in NY...so at the dinner before, we talked with a guests who is a big NY buyer of apartment buildings... He bought a 250 unit apartment... He said that when people move out he upgrades... Standard stuff...but he said the cost of a kitchen has gone up from 2800 a year ago to 12,500 currently...
I've seen more and more of Multifamily owners choosing to forego any expected capital expenditure plans as they are getting 1/2 to 2/3 of their planned rental premiums post renovation on simple roll-over and renewing of apartment leases. They are saying "why spend $8,000 per unit to renovate to achieve an extra $300/month when not spend and can just roll or renew the lease for $150-200/month and get that premium instead?"

Needless to say, we are seeing rent growth metrics jump off the chart. 15% in Denver. 16.7% in Dallas. 13% in Houston.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
So what is BENE capital supposed to be doing that has it surging?

Is it just a meme stock?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
McInnis 03
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Is it just a meme stock?
BENE, MARK, and possibly GLAQ getting played similar to the DWAC/PHUN stuff. Not sure why, just watching price.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
sts7049 said:

there are already hundreds of thousands of teslas on the roads, no? hertz adding some to its rental fleet doesnt change charging demands significantly i dont think.
I've posted this before...our family estate has property that is ideal for a charging station(s) setup. Been trying 3 years now to get a Tesla company rep to call me back for a negotiation (price hasn't even been mentioned). It ain't me. When police departments can't reach Tesla for help in extinguishing EV fires and get referred to an FAQ on a website, that's a problem. I talked to a Tesla employee in their roofing panels business. He told me he hears callers complaining a lot about no human presence to take calls for other areas of their business. The roofing guy didn't know where to direct me. So far,...I found a page on the Tesla site where you enter a property ID from your State/County, your contact info and hit "submit". Tesla probably has enough charging stations for the time being. .... Shipley Donuts is just as bad as Tesla but no website page to enter your property ID. I do take into consideration that construction crews, raw material resources and others items might impact site development today; however, not 3 years ago.
BrokeAssAggie
WTI over $85 dollars, October 2014 was the last time we saw these prices.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Halted at the open…
BrokeAssAggie
PROG can get over $3.25 I think she rips higher today
TheBiggerEvent
AG
LOL WWR hit 52 week low
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
TheBiggerEvent said:

LOL WWR hit 52 week low
CVX hitting new 52WH's
sts7049
AG
sts7049 said:

Red Pear Luke said:

Tsla. Wow.
i bought some weeklies last week at 1.47, when it was still around 900. today might be very nice.

I sold 70% at 11.45. keeping the rest for now.

I got lucky!
ProgN
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJB
cjo03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Is it just a meme stock?
BENE, MARK, and possibly GLAQ getting played similar to the DWAC/PHUN stuff. Not sure why, just watching price.

GLAQ? doesn't appear to have moved yet?
BrokeAssAggie
ProgN said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FJB

McInnis 03
AG
cjo03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Is it just a meme stock?

GLAQ? doesn't appear to have moved yet?
No volume, no play.

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

PROG can get over $3.25 I think she rips higher today
Here we go!
First Page Last Page
Page 4581 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.