Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,637 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
GTIAG09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know 30k was a big fan of selling SAVA puts down here. Anyone still making that play? Next weeks $44 puts are going for $2.10+ And next weeks $40 puts are going for $1.2 or so.
McInnis 03
AG
Remind me never to touch NIO again. It's like McKryptonite.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
jet99
Anyone looking at VIX calls at his level? It near the bottom of this year's channel.
BrokeAssAggie
Added PINS 11/19 $60 calls, entry $2.12, target $4.
Ag13
AG
Anyone investing in coal with a global energy crisis looming? I've been riding $BTU up and it's down pretty big today. May be a good entry point.
Saltyag15
AG
I went with some 11/16 21C a little bit ago. Bought at $1.75...we'll see!
FishrCoAg
AG
jet99 said:

Anyone looking at VIX calls at his level? It near the bottom of this year's channel.
bought the Nov 5 20c calls Friday for grins.
Philip J Fry
AG
Feeling good about dumping PROG yesterday. That couldn't be the whole squeeze could it?
Ragoo
AG
Round tripped roku 350 again from 5.00 to 6.00
BaylorSpineGuy
Did AMGN find a bottom? Expensive stock but good volume in a double bottom pattern.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Risking $1 to make $4? How did they get 1:10 risk:reward?
He acknowledged he was moving too fast. I still like the play despite the governmental math.

I got one for .86

I bought a crwd 272.5 for next week, feels like someone is trying to keep it down through today's expiration after this week's partnership news and subsequent rip

Also bought some more of those wwr nov 5c (.08). Thinking about some 280/300 dec spreads for ~$7 but might just be patient and see if i can get a better entry on straight calls

You got a double!

May want to put a stop on in case they pull the rug during this apple announcement

Over $3 now. I feel like I'm being a little irresponsible by holding
Triple_Bagger
GTIAG09 said:

I know 30k was a big fan of selling SAVA puts down here. Anyone still making that play? Next weeks $44 puts are going for $2.10+ And next weeks $40 puts are going for $1.2 or so.
Still a decent play. Consider a put credit spread, just in case the fraud allegations are true and SAVA goes to $0. You might really regret risking $4,400 to make $210
Triple_Bagger
Philip J Fry said:

Feeling good about dumping PROG yesterday. That couldn't be the whole squeeze could it?
Volume has exceeded all shares outstanding multiple times everyday for the past week. The only way for a squeeze to be in play is if the shorts are covering and shorting again at higher prices. Not impossible because that's what happened with GME, but I'd be surprised.

In summary, I don't think there ever was a short squeeze for PROG.
McInnis 03
AG
NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Risking $1 to make $4? How did they get 1:10 risk:reward?
He acknowledged he was moving too fast. I still like the play despite the governmental math.

I got one for .86

I bought a crwd 272.5 for next week, feels like someone is trying to keep it down through today's expiration after this week's partnership news and subsequent rip

Also bought some more of those wwr nov 5c (.08). Thinking about some 280/300 dec spreads for ~$7 but might just be patient and see if i can get a better entry on straight calls

You got a double!

May want to put a stop on in case they pull the rug during this apple announcement

Over $3 now. I feel like I'm being a little irresponsible by holding
Do what I do, keep a stop about $.50 under the going rate....that way if it comes back, you'll catch it softly. If it keeps running, we get to keep running too.

I have a stop limit set at $2.50 stop right now with a limit of $2.20, I'll probably push that to $2.80/2.50 here soon...... and my stop is based on the ask. Current Mark is $3.21
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ranger222
AG
Couple other names I'm watching that look really good.....

Genomics plays shaping up again. PACB off 25 and I like NSTG as well at 45

Dutch Bros $BROS recent IPO....could be a hot IPO breaking over previous highs and go on a little run here. Also like S for recent IPOs
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
grinding em out.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

GTIAG09 said:

Still a decent play. Consider a put credit spread, just in case the fraud allegations are true and SAVA goes to $0. You might really regret risking $4,400 to make $210
not selling SAVA puts here. circumstances on the company have changed.
Cookiemonster64
forgive my ignorance. I must have missed it, but what has changed?

Did something come out of the claims they faked results?
59 South
AG
Ranger222 said:

Couple other names I'm watching that look really good.....

Genomics plays shaping up again. PACB off 25 and I like NSTG as well at 45

Dutch Bros $BROS recent IPO....could be a hot IPO breaking over previous highs and go on a little run here. Also like S for recent IPOs
Glad someone brought $BROS to the board, especially you Ranger. I added to watch list last week and been meaning to mention it.

I'll add $WEBR as another recent IPO to watch. Good technical setup at the moment as well.
59 South
AG
sure is quiet after a 4 day 4% macro move up. this must be a bear pit now. noted.
Triple_Bagger
Ranger222 said:

Solar and alternative energy (?) names looking really good today.....RUN SPWR BLNK PLUG etc
Good call. Add CHPT to the list.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I got 3.25 and ran, all these bears are getting in my head
agdaddy04
AG
Cookiemonster64 said:

Yes, do we need to bail while the shares still have some value and just take the loss?
Triple_Bagger
Weed stocks are popping. Anyone know why?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm pretty neutral at the moment. I do think this move needs to digest.
ProgN
Cookiemonster64 said:

SAVA would be at $2 right now if news like that came out. There's just no buyers or sellers and no news to be a catalyst. It's basically in a holding pattern for both the bulls and bears.
ProgN
$350 is firm resistance for ROKU. If it can breakthrough on good volume it could run to $355+ pretty quick.
Ccutamu
Triple_Bagger said:

IDK. That's some serious volume on SNDL for the last hour. Keep on runnin'!
Triple_Bagger
ProgN said:

Cookiemonster64 said:

SAVA would be at $2 right now if news like that came out. There's just no buyers or sellers and no news to be a catalyst. It's basically in a holding pattern for both the bulls and bears.
An email was circulating last week showing that the NIH is aware of the investigation into SAVA. That's what stopped the momentum mid-week.

Then Walter Bloomberg tweeted on Friday that the NIH is investigating SAVA.

Lots of smoke, and I'll admit, it scared me out of a chunk of shares. I'm buying some back down here at $48, but I'm 100% hedged through year end.
zag213004
AG
VEON is moving ...2.38 as a post this (4% on the day) ... 52 week high
Triple_Bagger
Ccutamu said:

Triple_Bagger said:

IDK. That's some serious volume on SNDL for the last hour. Keep on runnin'!
TLRY as well. I sold some P10s this morning for 0.80, hoping to get assigned shares at $9.20. Looks like I'll just collect the premium instead.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

DIS trade...
trade the channel it's in now. look at an hourly chart and it's down near the bottom of this channel going back to Sept 21st.

calls: Nov 19 180C's were trading around 1.8 I think.
or go verticals like me

I got a couple oct 29 175/180s filled at .75
here's our channel... a beauty so far: The bottom is around 169 and the top is roughly 179.

Bought a couple weekly 175s today for around .4
mazag08
AG
59 South said:

sure is quiet after a 4 day 4% macro move up. this must be a bear pit now. noted.
We're sitting at the top of resistance for SPX. In wave theory, we're sitting at the exact potential top of a b wave in this correction. If that were the case, we would have the c wave down taking up the rest of October. Look back at last year to see the "W" shape that the September / October correction and subsequent breakout took. If it's going to do that, it's going to do it very soon. But it could also break up and out and signal the end of the correction.

But until we get confirmation, all is quiet.

I did load up on $17 Nov 3 VIX calls. Either we do have more correction and VIX goes up, or we have a small correction of this breakout and VIX goes up. It seems a win/win to me. Maybe should have stretched a week or two farther out though. We will see.
FTAG 2000
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

ProgN said:

Cookiemonster64 said:

An email was circulating last week showing that the NIH is aware of the investigation into SAVA. That's what stopped the momentum mid-week.

Then Walter Bloomberg tweeted on Friday that the NIH is investigating SAVA.

Lots of smoke, and I'll admit, it scared me out of a chunk of shares. I'm buying some back down here at $48, but I'm 100% hedged through year end.
Is that something different than the FDA investigation into the Citizen's Petition?

mazag08
AG
mazag08 said:

59 South said:

We're sitting at the top of resistance for SPX. In wave theory, we're sitting at the exact potential top of a b wave in this correction. If that were the case, we would have the c wave down taking up the rest of October. Look back at last year to see the "W" shape that the September / October correction and subsequent breakout took. If it's going to do that, it's going to do it very soon. But it could also break up and out and signal the end of the correction.

But until we get confirmation, all is quiet.

I did load up on $17 Nov 3 VIX calls. Either we do have more correction and VIX goes up, or we have a small correction of this breakout and VIX goes up. It seems a win/win to me. Maybe should have stretched a week or two farther out though. We will see.
Also,

All of the major indexes have been leaving sizeable gaps to the down side almost every day for the last week. At the same time, VIX has been leaving sizeable gaps to the upside. Go back and look at last September and October SPX on a 1 day chart. Look at the gaps and how they filled. Then zoom back to the last month on the daily chart. Looks similar huh?
First Page Last Page
Page 4561 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.