Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,031,021 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Chef Elko
cisgenderedAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tlepoC said:

yeah, dont do that

Why not sell calls?
Ags2013
AG
It is scary how much my portfolio went up with this jump. I have probably mass accumulated too much WWR.
Engine10
AG
Yes, favorable! Project is confirmed economically viable, so all that money they raised for construction will likely have benefit to the company and they have a Phase 1 timeline now. Investors have a more definitive idea of return on investment for the company at this stage as all/most of revenue in next 5-7 years will come from the Upgrader.

Now when the mine comes online, we really smile…
FTAG 2000
AG
Grabbed some CL today. Broke a downtrend line, kissed 54 week low last week.

spud1910
AG
Red Rover said:

Red Rover said:

I bought some lottos just now WWR 11/19 $5C for $0.08. The catalyst is the potential release of the feasibility study. I had GTC orders set for $0.05 for awhile and didn't get them filled so I moved those up today. Other than that I'm just watching and cheering on the market. We had a nice 'h' on VIX this morning and the indices are all looking salty.

Holy crap! If this stays above $4 for the open these lottos are going to be 10 baggers. Great call on the VIX going down also.
Almost went with you on these, but got distracted. SHBS
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
tlepoC said:

yeah, dont do that

Thank you for that. Maybe I'll sell expiring $10c when it approaches $10 tomorrow.
Engine10
AG
$WWR Board has approved spending for construction! The clock has officially started. I love that they were ready to announce spending approval right away, strong management move.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Ags2013 said:

It is scary how much my portfolio went up with this jump. I have probably mass accumulated too much WWR.
This was the only reason I stopped aggressively buying to lower my cost basis, at some point it was truly too much of my portfolio for my risk preferences. That being said, I am still way long term focused and will not be selling anything but calls to get that premium
Triple_Bagger
Red Rover said:

Red Rover said:

I bought some lottos just now WWR 11/19 $5C for $0.08. The catalyst is the potential release of the feasibility study. I had GTC orders set for $0.05 for awhile and didn't get them filled so I moved those up today. Other than that I'm just watching and cheering on the market. We had a nice 'h' on VIX this morning and the indices are all looking salty.

Holy crap! If this stays above $4 for the open these lottos are going to be 10 baggers. Great call on the VIX going down also.
Great timing on this trade. Congrats!
Barty Dont Hedge
Google search just had a bunch of hits for Islands for Sale. #WWR
Red Rover
AG
I did eat chocolate lucky charms for breakfast this morning. That must have done it.

Also I'm really, really glad I didn't push chips in on SPX after I saw that VIX h and thought we were back in trend mode. Wow what a reversal there!
Triple_Bagger
NRD09 said:

tlepoC said:

yeah, dont do that

Thank you for that. Maybe I'll sell expiring $10c when it approaches $10 tomorrow.
I would do it if the premium is decent. Selling WWR for $5 this week is not something I would have imagined was possible last week.
La Bamba
AG
So WWR news drop of positive feasibility study a couple days after the Aggies beat Alabama….WWR has an Alabama Graphite plan in the works…..did OA have this sh*t planned the entire time?
SpeedyAg90
AG
I have a lot of 5/20/22 WWR 2.5C that should be up close to 50% tomorrow!!!
redneckag
AG
I know WWR is one of OA's accumulation stocks. I know many of us have a healthy (or in some cases unhealthy) amount of it in our portfolio's. Did OA ever give an estimate or price target for the stock? I thought about looking back through the last 1000 pages to find out, but that is a daunting task.
Red Rover
AG
mazag08
AG
redneckag said:

I know WWR is one of OA's accumulation stocks. I know many of us have a healthy (or in some cases unhealthy) amount of it in our portfolio's. Did OA ever give an estimate or price target for the stock? I thought about looking back through the last 1000 pages to find out, but that is a daunting task.
$30 is what I've seen thrown around
E
AG
Quote:

$30 is what I've seen thrown around

BrokeAssAggie
$4.20
ProgN
CrazyRichAggie said:

$4.20
4.20 you say, it's right in Musk's wheelhouse, someone should tweet the report to him.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wild futures move again. Probably oversold.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
HoustonAg2014
AG
With OPEX week, is there potential to really have WWR make its epic move? I know the feasibility study was a big part of this massive move Old Army saw, but there is more too it than that right? Would love to g et his thoughts because I don't really know how to read the study. Seems positive but I really don't know anything about these.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
No clue. Also it will be interesting to see in there is continued accumulation and/or shorts closing tomorrow to continue any run or if this will peak and get shorted back down below $4 for awhile. I'll hope for continuation but plan for either.
BPCAg05
AG
It could rocket but I don't see sustained movement upward unless they announce some big customers or when the facility is actually operational (2023 now instead of Q4 2022). Not sure want to hold until the mine is operational but I'm willing to hold until 2023 to see what they can do.
Engine10
AG
We're only at the beginning, haven't even started down the road yet. Just think about it this way - Wes****er sold off other assets to pursue this opportunity. The feasibility study that came back verified to the board and management how much it was going to cost, and with expected future sales how long it would take to get a return on the companies money (raised through asset sales and debt/equity offerings) if they invested in the project. With that data in hand, they approved funding to start the project, and that's now where we are.

It's now up to investors to see how they value management's decision to go forward. Clearly tomorrow is one of the inflection points possible, with others being supply deals announced with customers of the upgrader, and commissioning/first production. Delays to construction/timing or significant additional funding requirements stand in the way.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Wild futures move again. Probably oversold.
According to the technicals I favor, it looks like we're about to have another leg down. Not saying I'm right, but I'm not going heavy into trades right now.
YNWA_AG
AG
redneckag said:

I thought it was $18-$20. Guaranteed it to hit $14
Philip J Fry
AG
OA said 20+
TriumphForks
AG
If those in power smell something fishy about the amount of WWR this board owns and come asking I believe the appropriate response is "We like the stock".
FJ43

Mornun!

US = Red
EU = Red
Asia = Red

Tough tape to trade these days. Doesn't seem like bulls or bears have control.....yet.... and the charts look weak technically IMO.

I thought we may open and go red to green today but wouldn't go long on much if so. I trust nothing yet.

SPY - Watching 430.05 to see if a bounce occurs should we go lower.

Let's get the battle over with and move along....

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Triple_Bagger
Some of these events will move the markets.

austinAG90
AG
Morning Fellas....Nice game on Saturday Night. ....Small travels yesterday but a shout out to those who made the trip to Memphis over the weekend....Let's get back to basics.

US Equity Futures Rally Off 3 AM Lows...Flattish Now... Treasuries Flatter

The volatility in the equity space continued this morning after a big drop in the last half our of trading yesterday... Overnight S+P was down about 35 points at 3 am , along with the Nasdaq down 120 points... Both rallied back to positive territory by 5 am... Bloomberg reports that changing sentiment was behind the rally... Come on guys, sentiment does not change from 3 am to 5 am , buyers came in... That is what rising volatility is about... We expect more volatility until the Fed meeting on November 3... And then either we rally or all "heck" breaks out on the tapering announcement. The MARKET IS NOT PREPARED FOR TAPERING.

Treasuries traded for the first time this morning since the Friday close... The curve is marginally flatter as the front end is focusing on 81 dollar price of oil and building in more inflation... While the long end is looking at deteriorating sentiment , such as the Zew sentiment out of Germany and the Small Business sentiment out of the US...Supply chains continue to plague business... There is plenty of demand, but realize the Fed can alter demand, but has no way to alter supply... We expect treasuries to be stable into the afternoon today as we auction 3 years at 11.30 and 10 years at 1 PM... Range for 10 years today should be about 1.55-1.65... Tomorrow is the long bond auction... The following is lifted from our write up yesterday since bond gurus were generally not in as the bond market was closed

There are 14 Fed speakers this week plus the FOMC minutes...Clarida is up this morning... We expect the majority of the speakers to recognize that inflation has gotten away from the Fed... Energy is the latest, but there is much more going on concerning inflation... The transitory speak is dead for now... Bostic will be speaking on inflation at noon...

"Investors must be careful not to underestimate inflation risks that could prompt the European Central Bank to tighten monetary policy, according to Governing Council member Klaas Knot." this sounds like tightening in the ECB is closer, and inflation a bigger concern than previously...

Rates... Clearly under pressure until we see a crack in equities... We are expecting a 10-12% correction... We are halfway there... So maybe another 5 %... But volatility in equities is increasing. Both GS and JPM were out saying to buy the dips... We do not disagree but think the dips are going to be a bit larger than they anticipate.

Volatility has returned to markets in recent sessions with both the S+P and Nasdaq making back to back swings of at least 1% and other assets from bonds to commodities recording large moves..According to Barron's ,"When the S+P hit an all time high on September 2, its 10 day historical volatility was 8.09... On October 5, just over a month later and after 4 sequential 1% up and down moves, that measure has nearly doubled to 15.76 %"

This week we have CPI, PPI, and retail sales...add in another treasury refunding of 3 and 10's today while long bonds on Wednesday... Expect volatility to stay high... Expect bonds to hit new recent highs in yields...tapering is coming, and while everyone knows it, the street is not prepared...

One thing we read over the weekend was a Bloomberg Business Week story on tether... 69 billion of a stable coin supposedly backed by assets... One for one... Problem is that no one is aware what those assets are and no one we talk with or follow has directly seen these assets... Supposedly 40% of them are in commercial paper, yet none of the big players in CP seem to be aware of them... There was talk that some of their short term lending is to the Chinese Real Estate sector, which is in financial distress... We encourage you to read the BB article, we can send what they wrote last week... But if someone were to ask us where the next Black Swan event will come from, this would be our answer today...Still our biggest fear is that tapering will not go well, and that is a more immediate concern.
Triple_Bagger
Thank you for all the valuable insights you provide. If we ever do an Austin get together, your drinks are on me (assuming you live in Austin based on your handle).
austinAG90
AG
I do. And accept your invite...Better change your handle to Triple Bagger if you're buying drinks though
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
interesting price manipulation on $WWR. Someone wants this cheaper.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 4543 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.