Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,023 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a level at $4.82.
FTAG 2000
AG
I've seen a pattern with stocks that have momentum (multiple positive in a row) in the daily that come up through the 3.75 area seem to have a magnet to $5. Already in some REI but would look for a run to that $5 area.
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

Bought 10/19 VIX 20P while driving. .80

I had to play a little.

These are coming up on scalp out territory.
FTAG 2000
AG
AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

I had to play a little.

25% gainer in one day. Great call FJ
BlueTaze
SDC looking to reclaim $6, with 33% short float as of mid Sept.
FTAG 2000
AG
When you miss a fill by a penny and then watch a stock run 50% inside of two weeks.

cptthunder
Looks like $MVIS is trying to get things turned around here
Lets get this all the way back to $16 to sell some more CCs
FJ43
AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

I had to play a little.

I see I had fills at $1 & 1.05. I set sells this morning at 1. 105 & 1.10
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Chef Elko
AG
Here are the auditors from the Chinese Big 1 accounting firm assigned to Evergrande, Fantasia and Sinic.
southernskies
Randomly just thought of this - let me know if this is logical.

Assume you buy 100 shares at $2 and write a $2.5 covered call on those shares for $0.25. Let's say you get caught in a spike before your calls expire and the stock goes to $4/share... can you just roll your calls to a lower strike price, whose premiums+strike may be closer to the market price for the stock since they are so deep in the money? This would net you a little extra in premium on the roll AND when the stock comes back down after the spike, you basically locked in a premium that closely resembles what the stock was trading at during the spike, so essentially you don't miss out any gains that were produced by the spike.

Am I crazy?
deadbq03
AG
Danwell Home said:

Here are the auditors from the Chinese Big 1 accounting firm assigned to Evergrande, Fantasia and Sinic.

Badges? We need all your stinking badges!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Rolling during a squeeze/spike is tough for me. The problem with your scenario is that your initial sold calls have spiked too so you have to come up with a strike/expiration that is more expensive if you want to net premium by rolling. If you accomplish that with a lower strike you have to evaluate the tradeoff between higher premium and lower sale price if exercised. What i did with sava last time it jumped and i was going to lose my shares at $46, was i rolled them all the way out to jan, but with a $100 strike. Pocketed a little premium but the idea was that those would fall on their face when the hype died down and i could buy them back, or just be happy to let the shares go for $100 then (120% or so profit) rather than take the quick gain of 10% or whatever it was.
La Bamba
AG
CEI...ouch
McInnis 03
AG
Danwell Home said:

Are those bitcoins on their chest? I thought they were banning those!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bsg you still feel good about abbv? I'm a little heavy on this now having been assigned a few contracts, but feel pretty good about a 109 basis and 5% dividend coming up. Looks like it historically likes to go into high gear upon reclaiming the 89
FTAG 2000
AG
XOP head and shoulders, talking all oil and natural gas plays with it.
cageybee77
AG
can't make money today......what a waste. but the etf's are up, so where is the money going - large caps?
McInnis 03
AG

Then woah...

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
austinAG90
AG
Late Tuesday Macros....Was traveling early this am......

Reversal Tuesday....European/Chinese Energy Panic Continue... Treasuries Lower

We said clearly yesterday that the first week of October is a volatility challenge and look for risk off trading... Although we were traveling after we wrote that, we followed the markets on our travels... We were not surprised as the markets hit lows and traded very poorly with longs liquidating.. The S+P hit a 6.2% correction at the lows yesterday, but is still above their 200 day moving average... The Nasdaq (using futures) hit a 8.5% corrective move at the lows yesterday, but is still barely above its 200 day... The NY Fang index did succumb to a 10% correction,, hitting 10.2% lower... It is now below its 200 day moving average... What does this all mean?... The bottom is not in, but the worse may be over... The jury is still out as the employment number should lock the Fed into tapering in about 30 days time...Market may be aware, but as we said to our old Salomon Brothers buddy yesterday, the markets are not ready to take the risk back on that the Fed has been taking...

Energy crisis... It is hard for us to fathom the energy crisis in Europe, and even in China... We paid 2.85 a gallon to fill up yesterday... No different than what we have been paying the past year... Yet in Europe, Nat Gas contracts have soared out of control...European natural gas contracts SOARED on Tuesday to an UNPRECENTED 111.70 EUROS PER MEGAWATT-HOUR compared to 15.49 Euros in February.. That is 7.2X... OUCH... We are sure there are other examples throughout both Europe and China, but you get the point... There is a panic going on in Energy consumption... And it will add to the inflation argument... Even Fed Governors are backing off from their ridiculous transitory hope. Bloomberg spot commodity index closed at a record high yesterday.

Powell... What is up with his reappointment.. PredictIt.Org now shows the odds of a Powell appointment tumbling from 90% last month to 61% today... While these are the same polls that said Kevin Warsh was going to get the Fed Chair in 2017, it just adds to another uncertainty.. Given all the multiplicity of shocks percolating through the financial markets currently, this is one we do not need... Biden needs to make a decision and fast.

China's real estate companies continue to implode... It is no longer just Evergrande... This is starting to threaten credit issuance... A key stable factor throughout the crisis... Most companies have been able to issue... But we are starting to see Asset Managers reduce their longs in CFTC reports, which are lagging.. Treasuries should range today from about 1.42 on the low, maybe 1.45 and 1.56 on the high... Continue to watch the curve, which is showing some mild bear flattening right now, but not moving much..

Credit... Just 2 borrowers priced 4 billion yesterday, as the tech sell off deterred at least two others to step down... Order books were only 1.4 times oversubscribed, about half of the norm... Junk priced 900 mm via two deals. We read two reports form colleagues this am on both Muni Bonds and IG... Both were somewhat ugly as to what to expect... Highlights from IG, "IG credit spreads entered September with a 10 basis buffer to the fair value implied by a 6 factor regression (not my work) and left the month having burned through it all... The High grade market now enters October amid macroeconomic risks of greater inflation persistence, supply chain disruptions, and input increases that may harm profit margin expectations"... Having read this our answer is that the IG credit market is still the least dirty shirt in the laundry, and while there is duration risk for sure, the credit risk is not going to the wides of 2020...

Expect volatility to remain all week... The DC headlines are critical... But as we have said before, Monetary policy will not increase the supply of semiconductor chips, it will not solve the energy shortages in Europe, it will not contain the real estate bubble in China, and it won't resolve worker shortages throughout the world... So the longer the taper stays in effect, the more we will see inflation rise... And then the real trouble starts as the Fed is forced to increase rates...
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Then woah...

Savage.

Can we get them on ASAN?
infinity ag
The analysts will now fall over themselves to upgrade and show a rosy picture now that stocks have fallen a lot. They have all bought on the dip, so pump it up!
BlueTaze
I have a CEI buy order in at $1.18, it's been halted at $1.19??
cageybee77
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Then woah...

well, perhaps some $ can be made on the bounce. lol. bullet dodged.
mc_shipman
Grabbed some $SPY Oct 8 442c yesterday down at $.24 that are turning out well so far.
La Bamba
AG
There is nothing that I enjoy more than a good ole Zack Morris and Atlas crew mouth in foot event.

Well maybe I enjoy a 4-figure trading day shorting CEI. That's nice too. Even after the big move. Still have 2/3 of position left. Let's go sub-1.
McInnis 03
AG
George Sharp tends to thing BBIG is their next target.....no clue if he's right or not, but he's pretty good at sniffing out pump and dumps and he thinks BBIG is trash.

B&I Key:
BlueTaze
I don't see much diff in Sahm Adrangi of Kerrisdale and Zack Morris of Twitter. They are both promoting their position on a low float small cap to profit. The only diff is the short side has more risk. I also don't think Zack is just one retail investor, I think there are others on Wall St. riding the retail meme wave. I think it's possible Kerrisdale could be fundamentally right and get bankrupted here.

Also the author of this short report is a Yale grad that likes to get in wrecks n Hamptons while drunk and high on Cocaine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/15/hedge-funder-in-hot-water-sahm-adrangi-arrested-for-dui-cocaine-possession-in-hamptons.html
southernskies
How long are we holding RGS?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm not even buying my cc back. I may buy some more March calls.
sts7049
AG
i bet they have already sold out and made their money anyway
BaylorSpineGuy
My broker never got me out of it. I bought it with my brokerage account. I guess I don't have enough money in the account for him to care about….so I guess I'm long lol.

Lemme ask this…..how much does the short position pay? Since we got into it, it's down about $1. If they closed their short position, they could buy it long and run it up, right?

How much financial incentive/benefit is it to short a stock from $3.80 to $2.90? Is it based on percentages or actual tot dollar amt? I'm asking cause I have no idea whatsoever.

I would think to short something from $16 to $4 would be profitable….but how much more to go from $4 to $3? Especially with retail licking their chops on it.
Triple_Bagger
Yeah I cut my position by 75% last week but left all the calls I sold out there.
Brewmaster
AG
man did I miss this morning. thought about playing AAPL 140C's, almost bit on NFLX early. Just got busy with work and life instead. Still up nicely from FB put spreads (out yesterday) and QQQ put spreads (also out).
FTAG 2000
AG
NFLX run today.
La Bamba
AG
sts7049 said:

i bet they have already sold out and made their money anyway
Sure. Zack is filthy rich - has a mansion on Lake Conroe. Also has 500k followers on twitter plus discord, memberships, etc. that are now bagholders of CEI cause he was waving the CEI flag to $10. He's been doing the whole apologizing thing quite a bit now that trash names aren't' doing what GME did, but going right back to where they came from.

First Page Last Page
Page 4528 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.