Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,825 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First few minutes a little slow but my jaw had dropped by end of first episode. Absolutely unbelievable!!

Would strongly recommend you to finish the first episode. Unless you aren't even sorta interested in kinda crazy/sadistic things.
LOYAL AG
AG
Nice green day but I don't like where we landed. To me the support at 4360 just become resistance. Monday and possibly Tuesday are important days. If we can't get back over 4360 I think there's more downside to come. This level has been important to me all week and it still it.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
FJ43

ES

Bicycle chart update for y'all.

Note last Sept/Oct activity vs this Sept/Oct so far.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

mazag08
AG
NRD09 said:

Wow thank you. You've been pretty spot on with this so far so I'm going to reference this post. I sold all my previous position at 1.49 and bought back pretty big this week. I'll probably dump it all if we can get to 1.8 and look for that next wave down to buy back.
It's fibbed along really well. I was waiting to buy back in because I fully expected a tad more downside. The entire market surprised me today. I've got some bear plays I just needed a little more from to hit my targets and they all reversed today. Who knows what happens next. Just know your levels and you will be fine. I'll try and post an updated chart this weekend on DNN.
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

First few minutes a little slow but my jaw had dropped by end of first episode. Absolutely unbelievable!!

Would strongly recommend you to finish the first episode. Unless you aren't even sorta interested in kinda crazy/sadistic things.

Ah, I might have to watch without the wife. She doesn't like that kind of stuff
agdaddy04
AG
Losing $100k on paper during September sure is making me re-evaluate some things...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OK - what a day. Congrats if you made profit, if you didn't, today was a 9/10 in difficulty and you could have gotten shaken out easily. If you want to play in the big leagues, you have to be able to hit the 95 mph fast ball.

so - where too from here: I think we need to touch $SPX 4400 and then I'm looking for le puke. Notice that we rejected at the daily 8 EMA today but closed above the 89. I think we have a date with the 21 EMA

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Losing $100k on paper during September sure is making me re-evaluate some things...
7 figures here, yo. It's part of the game.
tlepoC
AG
I've finally gotten comfortable with mid 5 digit swings but not sure I would ever be able to stomach 7 digit swings in a month (but then again 2 years ago, 4 digit swings had me queasy) .

Hats off to you.
BaylorSpineGuy
Man…sorry to hear about the losses. You guys swing some serious jack. I lost around $5-6K I think but that's more than I'm comfortable with.

Really reconsidering some things. Plus, practice is starting to pick up again this month after a really slow September. Think I'll be stepping back from the options game for a while.

Seriously, I would love to watch any of you experts in action sometime. Spend a day seeing what you guys look at and how you make trades. Still trying to get in to OA's class sometime in the future.

I may not be around as much this month. Have a bunch of revision lumbar fusions and deformity cases coming up. These take a lot longer and it's not wise to trade options if you can't watch your money closely.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sell puts and do buy writes on stocks you would own anyway. Easiest way to play.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
imagine being Mark Zuckerberg with a 10-11 figures shift.
LOYAL AG
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

imagine being Mark Zuckerberg with a 10-11 figures shift.

Couldn't happen to a better drone.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
GTIAG09
AG
Good friendly reminder for potential Monday direction. Just something to keep in mind. Thankful for the insight this board provides. Tough week for me, but this board keeps me hungry to learn.

ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Man…sorry to hear about the losses. You guys swing some serious jack. I lost around $5-6K I think but that's more than I'm comfortable with.

Really reconsidering some things. Plus, practice is starting to pick up again this month after a really slow September. Think I'll be stepping back from the options game for a while.

Seriously, I would love to watch any of you experts in action sometime. Spend a day seeing what you guys look at and how you make trades. Still trying to get in to OA's class sometime in the future.

I may not be around as much this month. Have a bunch of revision lumbar fusions and deformity cases coming up. These take a lot longer and it's not wise to trade options if you can't watch your money closely.
Sept/Oct is not the time to be playing in options unless you're extremely seasoned. That's why I very, very seldom rec an options play. JMO
Philip J Fry
AG
Somehow stumbled into a +9% day with EVC.
cageybee77
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

agdaddy04 said:

7 figures here, yo. It's part of the game.
well, I'm flat for September (after Thursday's debacle) in my play money account, but the "pros" managing my retirement accounts lost me $17k (on paper) last month. Not terrible, but you would think they get paid to do better.
khkman22
AG
Which one of you is the PROG pumper? See full Twitter thread.
mazag08
AG
Would love to see what makes him say that.
KY-AG 10
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We could be charging up energy. It's a fair point.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
KY-AG 10 said:

It looks like it's showing price downturn, as a magnitude rather than a percentage, relative to previous X time steps? So in a bull market it's basically showing to sell when price goes under whatever timeframe average price and buy back in when it achieves this. Seems reasonable. Just make sure to wait for confirmation that it's reached this MA before getting back in.
KY-AG 10
AG
Oh the politics in DC have me very nervous right now. I'm in a very cash heavy state. Just found the post and thought I'd share
If it turns out to be accurate I'll scale in.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
KY-AG 10 said:

Oh the politics in DC have me very nervous right now. I'm in a very cash heavy state. Just found the post and thought I'd share
If it turns out to be accurate I'll scale in.

Why? Of course they're going to pass these things. They won't let the country default and it's just politics on the infrastructure bill. They're not going to tax unrealized cap gains. The media gets paid to sensationalize everything. For every AOC or Taylor Greene there are tons of rational people.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
-$15k for me, and that's my worst month since March 2020, but to be fair my money in the market has doubled since then.

I'm just hoping for $20k month in the opposite direction.
BaylorSpineGuy
For me, the biggest concern is the inflation numbers and severe supply chain disruptions.

I dont feel confident to go long on a bunch off the large caps or mega caps at this point. They all feel super toppy.

What's the old saying….when people have fear, get greedy. When people are greedy, have fear.

It feels like half the people are really bullish but a decent swath of people are still really anxious/hesitant about the markets.

I'm not sure things are very steady at this point, so I will keep my money on the sidelines.
mazag08
AG
There is about to be a boom in the Russell. Just look at the sideways action since March. I don't have to go into any EW theory to tell you that most of the stocks that make it up have beaten down and down and down over the last 6 months. If there's any lower to go, it's not much. Bull run through early next year is on deck. S&P might be a month behind or might be timed just right to join it. People too bearish past October are going to be caught with their pants down. People too hesitant are going to kick themselves.
GTIAG09
AG
CLF. I like this setup. Looking at 10/22 $22 or $22.5 Calls to fill the gap. I picked this expiration date as it is also the same day they announce earnings of that morning. Plan would be to get out of it before earnings. Interested to hear others thoughts.

KY-AG 10
AG
mazag08 said:

There is about to be a boom in the Russell. Just look at the sideways action since March. I don't have to go into any EW theory to tell you that most of the stocks that make it up have beaten down and down and down over the last 6 months. If there's any lower to go, it's not much. Bull run through early next year is on deck. S&P might be a month behind or might be timed just right to join it. People too bearish past October are going to be caught with their pants down. People too hesitant are going to kick themselves.
As long as it's been in this consolidation I believe it's possible. Didn't know this until just looking at it now. November and December are by far the best performing months for IWM

The combo of a long consolidation and heading into the high performing part of the year sure sounds like a big opportunity.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GTIAG09 said:

CLF. I like this setup. Looking at 10/22 $22 or $22.5 Calls to fill the gap. I picked this expiration date as it is also the same day they announce earnings of that morning. Plan would be to get out of it before earnings. Interested to hear others thoughts.

It will be interesting to see what it does next week.

If it bounces with good volume then that looks like a double bottom and maybe a good bull play. It would still be in a downward channel so I'd be cautious and enter in stages. Remember you don't have to catch the complete bottom and it's okay to miss a little in order to have more certainty.

If it continues down next week that last "hump" becomes an "h" formation and looks bearish to me particularly as a part of a continued downward channel. At that point playing bear might be chasing though.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
mazag08 said:

I love it when you talk dirty about small caps!
GTIAG09
AG
Think I am going to start a long position in WISH on Monday. After looking over it, it meets the criteria of the 3 screen summary from The Handbook of Technical Analysis that OA recommends to read. Those being:

1. Identify the major trend using MACD Weekly Histogram. (A check in this box would be the MACD being Bullish/positive). At the end of last week, Wish's weekly MACD was ever so Bullish ending the week at +.03

2. Identify the daily trend running counter to the major trend, using RSI, or Stochastic. So with the Weekly MACD already being bullish, you are looking for the RSI to signal a buying point (for RSI it would be sub 30), and wouldn't you know it Wish ended Friday at an RSI of 29.9425.

3. When the weekly trend is up, and the daily oscillator (RSI) is negative, your stop loss is the low of the previous day, or the low of the current day, whichever is lower. So for this example the stop loss would be at 5.26 which is a very tight stop loss at roughly 2% below entry.

Again, I am still new to this, so please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. Just wanting to share my learnings, and I believe that this setup meets the criteria listed in the book. Thankful as always for this board, and happy to share the info I am trying to learn.
ProgN
I watch WISH and trade it, but I'm not in it right now. I don't see much more downside risk from here but the technicals don't really excite me either. I'm very buzzed and about to go to sleep after watching our Ags so I, and others, will probably look deeper into it tomorrow.

I just wanted to welcome you and thank you for reaching out, that's how you learn. The knowledge that is freely shared here is invaluable.

Gig'em
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got assigned a bunch of wish this week. I had sold 6P. I'm going to hang onto it for a while.
First Page Last Page
Page 4523 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.