Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,748 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Chef Elko
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For stocks I'm really following I'm always checking my levels and seeing where we are in the count. There's always an alternate count on there too. Price and sentiment are what tell the story. If they don't speak, I don't listen.

I look at all of that stuff too. But I use it to see where it lines up with my wave count. If it doesn't, I'm possibly doing something wrong.

But I will say.. starting your model T calc based on where the breakout started is not how I look at it. That's just merely where mass sentiment caught on to a pattern that was already in play. You need to actually find the bottom.
FJ43
We are closing in on the 5EMA Daily for SPY.

Let's see if rejects there.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

KY-AG 10
AG
Just another data point I haven't seen on the thread but could've missed it. SPY does have a bullish RSI divergence with today's move
FJ43
mazag08 said:

For stocks I'm really following I'm always checking my levels and seeing where we are in the count. There's always an alternate count on there too. Price and sentiment are what tell the story. If they don't speak, I don't listen.

I look at all of that stuff too. But I use it to see where it lines up with my wave count. If it doesn't, I'm possibly doing something wrong.

But I will say.. starting your model T calc based on where the breakout started is not how I look at it. That's just merely where mass sentiment caught on to a pattern that was already in play. You need to actually find the bottom.
Not my MT bro.....OA owns that.

I use high & low over various periods for MT. Same as Fib if I use it. Breakout low to breakout high being one.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

jwhitlock3
How many trades per week do you typically take?

I had been meaning to ask I'd you'd stopped your day trade experiment account or not. Knew you had gotten busy and then wife got sick so I assumed you'd hadn't touched it in a while but your weekly gains were crazy for a month straight. Any updates there?
mazag08
AG
FJ43 said:

mazag08 said:

Not my MT bro.....OA owns that.

I use high & low over various periods for MT. Same as Fib if I use it. Breakout low to breakout high being one.

Well to be fair.. breakouts usually end up lining up perfectly with very impulsive 3rd waves (the strongest wave). And a 50% retrace of a 3rd wave is always method #1 in finding where the 4th wave might correct to.

So all parties can enjoy the same analysis but calling it different things.
FTAG 2000
AG
Looks like an inverted H&S on RIG.

FJ43
jwhitlock3 said:

How many trades per week do you typically take?

I had been meaning to ask I'd you'd stopped your day trade experiment account or not. Knew you had gotten busy and then wife got sick so I assumed you'd hadn't touched it in a while but your weekly gains were crazy for a month straight. Any updates there?
I really cut back on quantity due to time having projects going for a while now as I was making about 300 trades week on average trading actively all 5 days. Now I am probably 150-200 a week max. And that is using maybe 2-3 days a week sporadically.

Still apply the same experiment principles but for a few weeks there I had total crap discipline. Knew what and when just couldn't mentally execute....always on the cut side. Didn't follow my own rules.

I had a drawn down in that test account during those weeks of 30%+. I am about back to reclaiming that again. Little more to go.

FJ43
You AAPL lotto guys should be doing well.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Mazag: you were giving pretty regular EW updates on dnn for a while...it tagged 1.3 last Friday and is back to 1.5 now. Think she's ready to break free?
cptthunder
FJ43 said:

Cut early because i couldnt monitor..... oh well, had the right idea atleast
FJ43
If you kept any of the VIX 10/19 20P those are $1.25 now from .90.

Take yo money!

jwhitlock3
Awesome, thanks for the update FJ. Always curious on trading styles and frequency and that gives me a lot of good info. I'm still working on developing a style that works for me and observing and trading along has helped me better understand what fits my style and risk profile.

I did the same thing in September as far as taking a break. I got really busy, end up slacking on my trade discipline and had my first losing month since May. I've taken the last two weeks off for the most part, but the bad trades I took the end of August carried over and the first of September was bloody for my account. Anyways, much appreciated!
Ccutamu
If anyone is interested in ALPP (a penny OACR brought this to the board last year) just ripped 30% in the last 20 minutes or so. They were waiting to uplist to NASDAQ for 10 months or so and it walked all the way down to $2.13 this morning. Looks like the news might drop this weekend as I haven't found anything on it yet. The stock hit $9 back in February so fireworks might be in the works. Apparently a lot of shorts in this one.
mazag08
AG
NRD09 said:

Mazag: you were giving pretty regular EW updates on dnn for a while...it tagged 1.3 last Friday and is back to 1.5 now. Think she's ready to break free?
Didn't get quite as low as I was tracking but did bounce just before the 61% retrace of wave (1). There's a chance we're building a higher "b" wave in the retracement down and we still have lower to go (mid 1.20's). We really need to see it break that $1.82 resistance to feel good about going up. I understand that it feels like by that point you might have missed it. Best I can give you, which is slightly lower confidence is if it impulsively goes through $1.62 it's a good chance the bottom is in. We do have a gap at $1.57.. so watch that area for a reversal and don't freak out if it does.

Keep in mind that it's going to wave up and down and that I'm merely talking about the long term trajectory. So don't get caught too much in the weeds with the short timeframes. Always zoom out and keep in mind the bigger story.

And if volume dries up for a week or longer.. watch out. These structure need sentiment to maintain. Lack of sentiment usually breaks them down.

If we hit $1.17 or lower then the fun is over and we look for a new bottom. So that's your bear watch out spot.

FJ43
jwhitlock3 said:

Awesome, thanks for the update FJ. Always curious on trading styles and frequency and that gives me a lot of good info. I'm still working on developing a style that works for me and observing and trading along has helped me better understand what fits my style and risk profile.

I did the same thing in September as far as taking a break. I got really busy, end up slacking on my trade discipline and had my first losing month since May. I've taken the last two weeks off for the most part, but the bad trades I took the end of August carried over and the first of September was bloody for my account. Anyways, much appreciated!
Anytime.

The recipe that seems to work for me is when I have time, I scalp weekly options and take profits continuously. Might even trade the same exact thing 3 or 4 times in a day buying back and reselling. I have found that being focused on a few things pays better for me that trying to cover the field with FOMO.

When I don't have time, I will go out a few weeks or monthly on options but spend more time buying shares and selling premium. Or selling puts.

Prophet00
AG
I cut earlier today at a 50% gain because I had meetings. It would've been nice to get the 600% it's at right now, but a win is a win.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

still riding a lone 140C!
FJ43

Lesson on leaving runners....

I have said this many times before and it is even one of my rules that I break now and again.

SPY 433 expiring calls I bought at .37 are now 2.42. Prime example to at least leave a runner or two.

I didn't and took all off at 433.65 resistance.

Brewmaster
AG
ProgN
All hail Caesar $CZR !
FTAG 2000
AG
10 point run on SPY since the bottom. lolwut
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
here's where it gets interesting.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
cptthunder
$GRMN trying to throw down a green hammer today. Kinda in no mans land between the 8/21/50 and the 200 EMA but might catch a bounce here if it can pull the hammer throw off
FTAG 2000
AG
First run at Mancini's 4360 is rejected hard.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I hope the person that sold at the low yesterday took profits on the dip.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
ibdm98
AG
$ENG rocket
Saltyag15
AG
That thing sure is a volatile little cuss aint it?
FJ43

All out and flat for the day gents.

No trading (or morning snapshot) for me Monday & Tuesday as I have a quick trip to Florida on business.

Back to trading on Wednesday.

Until then let's hope the Ags get it together on the field this weekend and send the Pirate back home with the L.

Have a safe and relaxing weekend!

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
This rgs march 7.5/12.5 spreads are .25 now. I tripled up
austinAG90
AG
In Florida right now...been a busy month of travel for me and be ready to get back home Sunday. Safe travels!!
BaylorSpineGuy
Nothing like having a red week at the market and then watching Squid Game to boost your morale.
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Nothing like having a red week at the market and then watching Squid Game to boost your morale.

I watched about 15 minutes then turned it off
FJ43
austinAG90 said:

In Florida right now...been a busy month of travel for me and be ready to get back home Sunday. Safe travels!!
Thanks! Safe travels to you as well.

Quick trip for me. Have about 6 hours of meetings Monday and choosing to drive since 7 hours.

Heck who knows maybe I'll trade and drive from the IBKR app.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow thank you. You've been pretty spot on with this so far so I'm going to reference this post. I sold all my previous position at 1.49 and bought back pretty big this week. I'll probably dump it all if we can get to 1.8 and look for that next wave down to buy back.
First Page Last Page
Page 4522 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.