Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,095 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by ProgN
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's moving a bit AH as well. Looks like they are presenting at a couple conferences soon, so maybe they have positive data coming out.
LOYAL AG
AG
Fourth day posting with 4360 as a key area and today we lost it. after holding it for the past two days but failing to create any distance from it. I'd like to say we're at a double bottom right where we closed but I'd be lying so I won't. I think we're looking at mid to low 4200's for support. We're currently 5.5% down from the 9/2 ATH which is pretty ugly but I think there's another couple percent to go, TBH. I'm looking at that gold line around 4237 and thinking we'll see some support form there. That's 7.3% down from ATH. There's just not a lot to look at right now and find support.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
BrokeAssAggie
AG 2000' said:

Ccutamu said:

PROG with an AH rocket. Up 14%
Entering a squeeze in the daily.

Let me know when we hit $4
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So today was quarter end and selling at quarter end is pretty normal.

SPX closed below -2 ATR. That doesn't happen very often and normally there is a bounce of some sort.

There is a gap above to be filled, even if intraday. I bet we see 4350 tomorrow.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AG 2000' said:

Entered 10/15 429/420 put spreads.

Gross.
down here? why?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
hang in there, all of you.

It is possible we puke tomorrow, and if we do, there will be major buying opportunities next week.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I love when 30k tells me everything's gonna be alright.
Spy daily sure looks a lot like around this time last year. Maybe September is the new may?
Also, might be something to that seasonality chart of yours
FJ43
NRD09 said:

I love when 30k tells me everything's gonna be alright.
Spy daily sure looks a lot like around this time last year. Maybe September is the new may?
Also, might be something to that seasonality chart of yours
Look back at October last year. Very similar closing below the 100 day.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So, a couple of things:

Remember those spy levels? well, here's one for you. Look where we have bounced!

I will buy hard at 427 by the way.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
okay, so some fibs. This looks crowded but I basically did 3 fib sequences to pinpoint areas of high confluence. I'll mark those in a second.

• From the original high to the low last week, we cleared the 0.618 and then rolled over again
  • From this Monday's high to today's low, the model T or .50 fib is 4382. Assuming we bounce around here, there are very high odds we hit this
  • From today's high to today's low, the model T is 4341 assuming it holds and we bounce from here

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Here is a zoomed in version of the fib confluence and areas I think we are highly likely to retouch.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Putting in a big sell of some SWPPX tomorrow on my Roth account, about $13k or so. For whatever reason I never trade much in this account but I figure I might as well take advantage of no capital gains tax.

What's some good stocks for that cash right now? Want to buy some more ROKU but not sure what else.

Maybe just for medium term.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Putting in a big sell of some SWPPX tomorrow on my Roth account, about $13k or so. For whatever reason I never trade much in this account but I figure I might as well take advantage of no capital gains tax.

What's some good stocks for that cash right now? Want to buy some more ROKU but not sure what else.

Maybe just for medium term.
if this huge pork bill passes, CLOV will benefit immensely. and it is trading at low 7's ( a bargain down here I think).
AMD is pretty close to a bargain too down here. If the markets hold it should jump soon. Just my 2 cents.
BaylorSpineGuy
There's a super dynamic company called RGS. 100 yr American staple.

Specializes in health and beauty. Mostly haircuts. Currently on sale at a bargain price.

In all seriousness, probably you should do opposite of whatever trading strategy I use.
BaylorSpineGuy
My portfolio is full of one predominant holding……NGMI.

Not gonna make it.
Triple_Bagger
BaylorSpineGuy said:

There's a super dynamic company called RGS. 100 yr American staple.

Specializes in health and beauty. Mostly haircuts. Currently on sale at a bargain price.

In all seriousness, probably you should do opposite of whatever trading strategy I use.
I missed the last 30 minutes of trading today because I was getting another haircut. Would have been a fun ride down on SPY but duty called. I saw all the FURUs posting about large sell orders going into close. They were right.
BaylorSpineGuy
I must have just missed you. I was out promoting the much anticipated rollout of what we all hope will be mobile hair cuts.

The future of haircuts: Don't get COVID at the barbershop! Let COVID come to your house.

I need them to start offering mani-pedi's, hot shaves, and beard and mustache grooming. The future of the salon comes to you.

Has a nice ring, huh? Maybe RGS should give me shares to promote.

For the record, I have no inside knowledge and have no idea if this is in their plans. If they're smart, it will be though.

If Uber swings a profit delivering food to your door, this too can work.
tlepoC
AG
I bought some shares because I believe in your dream but...I also wouldn't let the type of person that works at Supercuts to know where, let alone enter, my home.

I'm certainly not the target market though. 8 year old me only gave Supercuts one chance and they ****ed it up.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

AG 2000' said:

Gross.
down here? why?
normally I'd agree 30k, but this does not feel like we get a bounce tomorrow. Futures not looking happy either.

of course as HP says, "the night is long".
BaylorSpineGuy
Futures were up a couple hours ago but I flipped on Bloomberg tonight and saw all futures were down including S&P futures down around 20 pts.

Certainly doesn't feel like the shred is over.
KY-AG 10
AG
Learning about writing puts the last couple weeks as alternatives to the basic call/put buying. Want to do a quick sanity check
PAVM currently at 8.54
Strong pharma performance. Made a bunch earlier this year Still holding shares.
Oct 15, $15p is $6.40
Obviously high upside of collecting solid premium on affordable stock price. But figure reasonable chance I get assigned. I'm good with holding these shares. I don't think it sees even $8 the next two weeks. More bullish than neutral
Am I being a moron for considering these?
Been a tough few days at work so my reasoning might be clouded.
Ragoo
AG
Roku $300 tomorrow. Do it!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think we might get to 4150 here, although just realize that it's really risky to be buying puts or out spreads at this point. The premiums are already juiced and it could very easily move against you and then it will be a mess to close.
wanderer
I'm a big fan of selling puts, but that doesn't seems like the right place to do it. $15p is far OTM and only 11DTE. You'd only be getting the shares at a nickel discount (15-6.4=8.60 vs the 8.54 share price.

If you want to do that, go further out on the date or look at the 12.5 strike.
Brewmaster
AG
KY-AG 10
AG
wanderer said:

I'm a big fan of selling puts, but that doesn't seems like the right place to do it. $15p is far OTM and only 11DTE. You'd only be getting the shares at a nickel discount (15-6.4=8.60 vs the 8.54 share price.

If you want to do that, go further out on the date or look at the 12.5 strike.

That makes sense to me. I guess I'm also placing weight on the idea that price appreciates enough that I just collect the premium as the best case. With worst case being I hold shares that are at market value or very worst a few cents per share over market value.
Don't really know how the put buyers at that strike would behave in this price range to know odds of assignment vs not should the price head back toward $9
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

AG 2000' said:

Gross.
down here? why?
normally I'd agree 30k, but this does not feel like we get a bounce tomorrow. Futures not looking happy either.

of course as HP says, "the night is long".
I don't short at -2, but that's me. It may work based on futures.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
if this is the reactive low, new model T areas are: 4328 on today's range, 4370 on the range since monday, 4409 since the top.
wanderer
The ticker would have to jump ~75% in the next two weeks for you to collect all the premium if that's your strategy. Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't place my bet on it.

And just so you understand, if the stock goes up to 9, 12, or even 14, the assignment is still happening at expiration.
Philip J Fry
AG
Are we still holding RGS? Not sure if I should lose money with it or WWR.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$ES_F has pushed past -2. Big move so far.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Philip J Fry said:

Are we still holding RGS? Not sure if I should lose money with it or WWR.

I'd suggest losing money with SAVA first and then taking what's left of it in a month and losing it with WWR. But that's just my plan.
H-town ag
AG
KY-AG 10
AG
Yep. This is where I'm fuzzy. Doing the math on paper is making more sense now that I write it out. From the put buyer perspective
ETA and correct. No way it'll move 75% in 2 weeks
BaylorSpineGuy
The 50 EMA hasn't crossed the 100 EMA yet (and 200 EMA is still aways down), but if tomorrow dives sharply, it may get close. I think the 50 crossing the 200 is the evil "death cross", but we would have to be down around 410 or so to get that.

Worth keeping an eye. Definitely bearish sentiment.
First Page Last Page
Page 4517 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.