Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,017 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN said:

Sen. Warren calls Fed Chair Powell a 'dangerous man,' says she will oppose his renomination

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/28/sen-warren-calls-fed-chair-powell-a-dangerous-man-says-she-will-oppose-his-renomination.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
I'm no fan of Powell but if Warren hates him, we should probably keep him around.

Clearly he's not enough of a commie for her to like.
BaylorSpineGuy
Hey remember that time COST ripped after earnings report?

Yeah, it's back into the 440s. It's fallen 20 pts since Thursday.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone ever buy those 2990 AMZN puts for Oct 29v. Bet those are paying the bills right now.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sava gonna go green on us!
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

what we thinking on next levels? SPY

quick glance, I see 433.60's and then 429ish.

a little bit of bullish flow trickling in now though.
in the 433's now.

Mancini has 4330 and then 4265, ouch!
TMOOSE
From TIC

Folks:

As promised, here are my thoughts on S&P500:

1. 4308 was my target for a long time since late August around 4550 which was finally met prior week, leading to a sharp buying at my key orderflow level.

2. Looking ahead, 4472 is a key level. Any bullish auctions have to happen above it , not below it.

3. With that said, I expect an early test of 4423 this week and if we close below 4403, we are looking at far lower prices, 4308 and beyond. Now 4455.

4. On flip side, a D1 close above 4472 establishes bullish move, reaching for 4510-4522.

5. Feel free to share this plan with traders like your self.
ProgN
NRD09 said:

You just had to go and **** it up for everybody.
tlepoC
AG
Did SPY volume just completely disappear for the past couple hours or am I misreading/having technical issues with TOS?
BaylorSpineGuy
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nc-hospital-system-fires-about-175-workers-in-one-of-the-largest-ever-mass-terminations-due-to-a-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAOUXBa

It begins. Now the very government that has propped up hospitals with cheap/free labor to the bottom line of these hospitals now dumps a massive portion of the labor force, thereby exacerbating the shortage.

Folks, this is bad. More of this to come later in the week in New England.
leoj
AG
I've seen some tweets about TOS chart issues, mine seem ok though
FTAG 2000
AG
tlepoC said:

Did SPY volume just completely disappear for the past couple hours or am I misreading/having technical issues with TOS?
Checked it against IBKR and Fidelity, definitely something off from around 10:45 to noon. But things just showed back up at 12:00 central.

mc_shipman
Well, you talked me into it. Bought a pauper's portion of $RGS.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

NRD09 said:

I broke spy with that one too! Sorry!
FTAG 2000
AG
On the bright side, at least ASAN is getting the truck stick today.
Spoony Love
AG
Ok, I'm not the only one. This is going to be a net free target for sure working on net free skills.
ProgN
NRD09 said:

ProgN said:

NRD09 said:

I broke spy with that one too! Sorry!
I'm on mobile or I'd post the (GTFO gif) right now. J/k, sorta
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nc-hospital-system-fires-about-175-workers-in-one-of-the-largest-ever-mass-terminations-due-to-a-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAOUXBa

It begins. Now the very government that has propped up hospitals with cheap/free labor to the bottom line of these hospitals now dumps a massive portion of the labor force, thereby exacerbating the shortage.

I've wondered when some high profile law firm puts together a class action lawsuit on this stuff.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG

this is kind of what I was thinking, retest 429ish area. Hopefully, that area gets bought up.
Brewmaster
AG
and wow, this gem: how in the hell would they track / tax unrealized gains?

BaylorSpineGuy
I'll meet you at the Arlington SuperCuts. I've got every spot blocked off for the rest of the afternoon.
BaylorSpineGuy
Just as soon as they close the book on SAVA, LCID, and others haha.
KY-AG 10
AG
Now the question. Do I hold these puts overnight? Thinking I may close end of day
BaylorSpineGuy
I saw some recent comparisons of this to ATER. Look at how the volume of shares traded picked up in early August in ATER. A mixture of green and red days for about 2 weeks before liftoff.

Oh I hope this does the same thing!!
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

"Hey I know, let's model unrealized gains off what Enron did that one time." /Yellen

They really are trying to destroy the middle class and economy.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

I don't think this has a snowball's chance of passing but can you even imagine the ripple effect of this?

The tax nightmare alone from unrealized gains, realized losses from unrealized gains, offset unrealized losses, etc. would be insane.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

mc_shipman
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'll meet you at the Arlington SuperCuts. I've got every spot blocked off for the rest of the afternoon.

Hah! I do need a haircut, but it'd be a hell of a drive from San Antonio just to get one.
BaylorSpineGuy
It's nothing. You can land your G5 at Arlington Municipal. That's what youll be buying after this goes to the moon.
FTAG 2000
AG
RIG grinding.
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

A bunch of individual thinkers with great work experience who stick to their morals and values are going to be available for Texas, Florida, and Tennessee to cherry pick away.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

They'd have to pick a date to accrue said gains.....the week leading up to that date would be the bearish of bearish beary bear markets you ever saw'd.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I think I'd make out alright as long as they take care of all my unrealized losses too (looking at you hmny!)
BaylorSpineGuy
Interesting that we talked late last week about price-volume divergence even as it related to the SPY. Day certainly not done but interesting result so far.
bigtoneag
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

They'd have to pick a date to accrue said gains.....the week leading up to that date would be the bearish of bearish beary bear markets you ever saw'd.
What would that accomplish anyways? A temporary difference between book and tax is temporary.
FJ43
Eyeballing SNDL here at .675-.68

FJ43

First Page Last Page
Page 4505 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.