Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,088 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went back and looked at recent red streaks...

Oct of 2020 - 12/14 days were red, but some of these were barely red.

Feb. of 2020 (the covid dump) - 10/13 days red, but a quicker drop, creating gaps.

Last Sept and October might be telling though. Drop in September, followed by some recovery, then a deeper drop in October.
Ornithopter
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
GTIAG09 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

also, I am going to buy the shiat out of OSTK calls (assuming market is going up with me).

What calls are you looking at 30k?

The IV / premium is kind of low. I don't know how I want to attack this yet. I don't think it's going to clear 100, but I think it will clear 80. I want some time on these things and I may wait until I think we are through downside. Some things I'm thinking about:

- October 70/65 PCS
- October 75/90
- October 80/100
- November 75C
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
59 South
AG
Mornin' team. Been too busy and haven't liked the market action the past few weeks so have just been observing and doing nothing. Thought I'd share my favorite bullish setup right now... Somebody design me a trade here that I don't have to babysit, and I'll play along

$UBER:

• strong relative strength yesterday, massive RDR in the face of a crazy sell off
  • half big gap fill back to Nov '20 last week (if it was going for a fill it would have yesterday IMO)
  • nice falling wedge breakout close, needs to take out past 2 days high 40.23 (also right under 21 day EMA)
  • Next levels/targets - 42, 45, 48, 52

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
FJ43
Mornun Gents!

Not at my PC this morning for normal update.

Right now US green, EU & Asia mixed.

Let's see what today's action holds.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

59 South
AG
Somebody always knows...

Bob Knights Paper Hands
SKEW has been above 142 every day since May, saying the market sentiment is too wildly optimistic. Yesterday it finally went below that line. I don't know what that means for the future or the near-term, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Every sector is green in the premarket. Seems fishy.
ProgN
Top of the morning to you mate.
BaylorSpineGuy
59 South said:

Somebody always knows...

Uber up almost 5 hrs in early hour trading. Good spot whoever called it.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

59 South said:

Somebody always knows...

Uber up almost 5 hrs in early hour trading. Good spot whoever called it.
That would be, 59 South, our British speaking, with a Texas drawl, brother across the pond. His technical analysis is spot on, especially after he's had a few pints at the pub after work. When he drops "whilst" and "rubbish" in a post pay close attention because he's channeling his full talent.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Be careful today. I don't think we have seen the end of drama.

Watch for price acceptance above ES 4380-4385. Below it, would fade. Above it, go for 4400 and 4420.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands

Be careful today. I don't think we have seen the end of drama.

Watch for price acceptance above ES 4380-4385. Below it, would fade. Above it, go for 4400 and 4420.

Agreed. If we open as green as we are I'd consider it a gift to take some profits on any dip buying. Decide how much you should sell so that you're happy if we get continuation and good news today but you are still in a good spot if this is a trap and we see more red.
I got caught a little long. I'll try to get out of some of that today, especially the SPY weeklies.

/Edit thanks for the correction, Irish. I keep thinking FOMC is on Wednesday for some reason.
Irish 2.0
FOMC today & tomorrow
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Vix is down in premarket but has been steadily rising all morning.
FJ43

I'll keep checking in to make sure y'all bought up the market for us. I am pretty light until FOMC is over and we see how the markets stabilize.

I don't think I will get much trading accomplished today at all. Yesterday, today and into tomorrow I have a aerospace defense project I am working on that will consume most of my time.

So for now...back to analysis and strategic planning.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
Watching ES for a bounce here off the midpoint (blue line) of the ETH trading ranges.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

FOMC today & tomorrow
Dot plots tomorrow I think?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
I held the ones I bought yesterday afternoon. Up almost 50% but gonna cut them this morning. Don't wanna get caught with heavy bags.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Watching ES for a bounce here off the midpoint (blue line) of the ETH trading ranges.

Honestly, if you have an up bias today, this is where you buy.....nice entry based on a fib retracement from the recent little runup from 1am to 350am

UPDATE: Little weakness for both. Ignore this.

B&I Key:
Triple_Bagger
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

FOMC today & tomorrow
Dot plots tomorrow I think?
Yes, Dot plots tomorrow and Powell speech
jwhitlock3
Not sure if everyone saw but WWR delayed the results of it's Feasibility Study slightly. It's either a positive or their public relations folks are wizards at spinning it that way.

Quote:

The Company's ongoing marketing activities have revealed a rapidly increasing interest in greater amounts of battery-grade graphite for electric vehicles. As a result, the Company has asked its consultants to evaluate increased production of Coated Spherical Purified Graphite as part of its DFS. This interest and added scope has the potential to increase the value of the Coosa Graphite Project. This added scope has resulted in a slight delay in the completion of the DFS.

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2021/09/21/wes****er-resources-provides-progress-update-on-definitive-feasibility-study/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wes****er-resources-provides-progress-update-on-definitive-feasibility-study

ETA: of course TexAgs won't let me post the link because t.w.a.t
H-town ag
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Not sure if everyone saw but WWR delayed the results of it's Feasibility Study slightly. It's either a positive or their public relations folks are wizards at spinning it that way.

Quote:

The Company's ongoing marketing activities have revealed a rapidly increasing interest in greater amounts of battery-grade graphite for electric vehicles. As a result, the Company has asked its consultants to evaluate increased production of Coated Spherical Purified Graphite as part of its DFS. This interest and added scope has the potential to increase the value of the Coosa Graphite Project. This added scope has resulted in a slight delay in the completion of the DFS.

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2021/09/21/wes****er-resources-provides-progress-update-on-definitive-feasibility-study/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wes****er-resources-provides-progress-update-on-definitive-feasibility-study
Sounds positive. Thanks for sharing.
FTAG 2000
AG
Looking back, last time SPY hit the 89DEMA was at the start of March.

Within five trading sessions it was back up above where it fell from.
Irish 2.0
jwhitlock3 said:

Quote:

ETA: of course TexAgs won't let me post the link because t.w.a.t
That is stupid. Won't even work if you put it in the hyperlink and use a different name. More TexAgs BS
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

Looking back, last time SPY hit the 89DEMA was at the start of March.

Within five trading sessions it was back up above where it fell from.
All I can think is that if yesterday some biggie had to find liquidity to get fills, they found it. And if there is more to get filled, the liquidity is in the gap left yesterday. If they need more food, that's where they'll find it.

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

Top of the morning to you mate.
Morning?!? I've already had my after lunch tea and biscuit!
mc_shipman
Picked up a couple of the $SPY Sep 22, $441c yesterday that are looking good this morning.
cptthunder
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

cptthunder said:

Johnsongrass Farmer
Any views on were VALE sits right now with respect to the dividend ex-date coming up this week?
Ive seen some really good insight from you on the dividend side of things
One last item,...If you're looking for dividend issues. I have a buddy that I gave the following issues to for his dividend portfolio. He'll be investing $200K into each tomorrow. He wanted yield and consistency. Stability was a lower factor of importance if the "name" was solid.

HNDL - Annual Div = $1.80 with a Div Yield of 7.07%

JEPI - Annual Div = $4.08 with a Div Yield of 7.61%

BTI - Annual Div = $2.96 with a Div Yield of 7.95%

T - Annual Div = $2.08 with a Div Yield of 7.56% (In the news a lot, read before you invest to determine if you like their direction and forthcoming changes)

KMI - Annual Div = $1.08 with a Div Yield of 6.77%

MO - Annual Div = $3.60 with a Div Yield of 7.41%

OKE - Annual Div = $3.78 with a Div Yield of 6.74%

I really appreciate the thoughts and insight into this. Im going to take a look at previous div. dates and see the action around those along with watching the price action today relative to the longer term support level around $15
I still think there might be a longer dated option(Nov or even Jan) play here also if it can hold this area of support
59 South
AG
Oh hello there old friend who I've held long for 3 years now through your crazy ups and downs....

What's the play Ragoo??? When this falling wedge breaks, 375-400 will be incoming pretty fast if I were a betting man.

BrokeAssAggie
here comes the dump
cptthunder
$LPTX continuing a very strong move with sustained volume
Approaching the 2 year high of $3.25 but this stock has not seen this type of volume ever(Fidelity is not showing any reverse splits to complicate that point). I am NetFree so just letting it play out but so far so good
mc_shipman
Heh, got out of that just in time. Make 50% whistling past the graveyard.
Ragoo
AG
59 South said:

Oh hello there old friend who I've held long for 3 years now through your crazy ups and downs....

What's the play Ragoo??? When this falling wedge breaks, 375-400 will be incoming pretty fast if I were a betting man.

i took song longer term $500 calls for cheap a few weeks ago. I'd rather play a spread from 300-400 out 60 days or so, if we get to $300.

Probably has another week or so to consolidate. Not an entry today but one to watch for sure.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

Double_Bagger said:

sold SAVA 44P for $1.95. Expiring next week

World Alzheimer's Day is Tuesday. Would be great if SAVA could drop their 12-month data on that day

Don't forget.
Let's go SAVA!!!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG

Double_Bagger said:

sold SAVA 44P for $1.95. Expiring next week

World Alzheimer's Day is Tuesday. Would be great if SAVA could drop their 12-month data on that day

Don't forget.
Let's go SAVA!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 4479 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.