Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,033 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SF2004 said:

I try to leave gambling to Baseball and Football.... plenty of action to go around.

But tell me why I shouldn't load week SPY calls here?
Because a bump from here might merely be corrective and we could have lower to go in October before a real bottom is struck.

But if you are buying November's, you could buy some now, sell with a retrace upward, then buy more if we do indeed see a new low.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm following on a swing with teh Oct 1 SPY 441c's. If nothing else, looking for the dead cat, --3 ATR play.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm following on a swing with teh Oct 1 SPY 441c's. If nothing else, looking for the dead cat, --3 ATR play.
I entered already. Samesies.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ranger222
AG
apologies, I just sit the sell button
mazag08
AG
Just bought Nov $72.50 GILD's while it's approaching the bottom of its channel and having just taken out the gap it created on the 1min chart this morning. Hoping to be net free by tomorrow once it gets back to the top of the channel.
Engine10
AG
That was a big ol candle - call it a 2M SPY sell on the 5 minute
McInnis 03
AG
Ranger222 said:

Ain't nobody can tank something like I can tank something boys and girls. Just don't follow me!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
dbryanc87
Ranger222 said:

Is that specific to one stock, or did you sell on a number of funds?

I'm using money to close on a house in 6 weeks and tempted to hit sell today to mitigate any further losses in the near term.
McInnis 03
AG
I believe he was referring to SPY 441c for Oct1

B&I Key:
mazag08
AG
It's officially the biggest pullback of 2021. Congrats bears!

I think I know why too

Non-sports people heard that SEC officials screwed up big time and hit the sell buttons.

ProgN
mazag08 said:

It's officially the biggest pullback of 2021. Congrats bears!

I think I know why too

Non-sports people heard that SEC officials screwed up big time and hit the sell buttons.
dbryanc87
McInnis 03 said:

Ok thanks. I'm new to this board, currently have investments in VOO, VXF, and VXUS that have been hit hard the last two weeks.

Any insight on if today's dip is mostly temporary or is there is a lot more until the bottom is found? I'll need to sell in a month to close on a house, not sure if I should let it hopefully bounce back or cut my losses now.

TIA.
Agvet12
AG
Sooooo VIX puts to 25? Lol
Engine10
AG
IMO we might get a dead cat bounce up sometime this week then I'll see you at the 200 MA for SPY around 410 by middle of October. That would be a full 10% correction off the high of 454. I think this is the event bears have been waiting for to really lay on the pressure to unwind markets. Just my intuition.
Engine10
AG
IMO we might get a dead cat bounce up sometime this week then I'll see you at the 200 MA for SPY around 410 by middle of October. That would be a full 10% correction off the high of 454. I think this is the event bears have been waiting for to really lay on the pressure to unwind markets. Just my intuition.
Post removed:
by user
Engine10
AG
Engine10
AG
dbryanc87 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ok thanks. I'm new to this board, currently have investments in VOO, VXF, and VXUS that have been hit hard the last two weeks.

Any insight on if today's dip is mostly temporary or is there is a lot more until the bottom is found? I'll need to sell in a month to close on a house, not sure if I should let it hopefully bounce back or cut my losses now.

TIA.

IMO we might get a dead cat bounce up sometime this week then I'll see you at the 200 MA for SPY around 410 by middle of October. That would be a full 10% correction off the high of 454. I think this is the event bears have been waiting for to really lay on the pressure to unwind markets. Just my intuition and definitely not advice.
texagbeliever
SoupNazi2001 said:

Unpopular opinion, I don't think this decline has as much to do with China but more to do with worldwide vaccine mandates to work, shop, travel, etc. No matter where you fall on this topic it is a fact that there is a decent percentage of society that will be impacted and this will reduce demand for products, create potential labor shortages, price increases, etc.

I disagree. I think the market is worried about supply of gas and further supply chain interferences. If gas prices stay at current levels for western Europe large French manufacturing (cement, glass and automotive) could shut down due to open gas positions. Id guess Germany has similar issues.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
texagbeliever said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Unpopular opinion, I don't think this decline has as much to do with China but more to do with worldwide vaccine mandates to work, shop, travel, etc. No matter where you fall on this topic it is a fact that there is a decent percentage of society that will be impacted and this will reduce demand for products, create potential labor shortages, price increases, etc.

I disagree. I think the market is worried about supply of gas and further supply chain interferences. If gas prices stay at current levels for western Europe large French manufacturing (cement, glass and automotive) could shut down due to open gas positions. Id guess Germany has similar issues.
Does that mean the Russians are holding the cards on the European gas supply? Trump got after Europe (Germany maybe, I forget who) about doing business with Russians while the U.S. was protecting them from an attack by the Russians - that the agreement made no logical sense.
Engine10
AG
May be trying to find our composure and end the sell for today
BaylorSpineGuy
Looks like SPY had good support at 429.50. My VIX puts are in.
Agvet12
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

texagbeliever said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Does that mean the Russians are holding the cards on the European gas supply? Trump got after Europe (Germany maybe, I forget who) about doing business with Russians while the U.S. was protecting them from an attack by the Russians - that the agreement made no logical sense.

Yes, that's a big part of it, it makes sense when you realize Germany scrapped a lot of their "green energy" plan when they realized it wouldn't work. They've gone back to NatGas / fuel oil for heating and generation but need the Russian exports since storage is abysmal.

Us producers are looking at Henry Hub pricing and realizing Europe is going 4x that for LNG. Asian LNGs are being shipped to Europe as well
GTIAG09
AG
Added some NXTD shares down here. Will cut bait if it gets to .38
BaylorSpineGuy
Sold COST puts I bought this morning at for 99% gain.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0
Haven't been around for a good while. Product launch in a country that I can't even get into isn't easy. Still keeping an eye open. I'm loving this sell. We were over extended IMO and a good 10-15% reset on the QQQ and SPX would be nice
FJ43
While this may 'feel' oversold and RSI indicates that, there is room below folks.

I have been an observer today and won't buy until I see confirmation of reversals.

Pretty heavy selling volume today.

Let's see if we close over the 100EMA of about 431.28ish.

Watch for dead cat bounces and not get caught thinking the sell is over...just my 2 cents.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Sold COST puts I bought this morning at for 99% gain.
Great job!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Irish 2.0
I still haven't been trading much lately, but have been keeping an eye on everything. Launcing a new product in a country I can't even get into has not been easy. I like this sell. It was very needed IMO with an overextended run. Give me a good 10-15% pullback and then lets have some fun.
FJ43
Buy volume looks good....

KY-AG 10
AG
Nice close this last half hour. But still feel like FOMC is going to factor into the next day or two.
Hanging onto my puts another day. I'll consider calls Wednesday if JP gives me a reason to
jj9000
AG
***Obligatory***

We haven't seen these levels on S&P since...

... exactly 2 months ago
McInnis 03
AG
ES straight to the pre-market low. Unbelievable.

B&I Key:
KY-AG 10
AG
Seriously hope WWR holds off any great and wonderful announcements for when buyers come back out of their foxholes.
Don't screw this up you guys
First Page Last Page
Page 4477 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.