Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,536 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Gold taking a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE dump here. Low risk long for a scalp IMO
Ignore me.

Why is this not a good gld entry?
McInnis 03
AG
NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ignore me.

When I posted it was about 1757, it then dumped to 1745........depending on your strategy it could work, but I see some folks saying could run to 1700 before any decent reversal.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ignore me.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
ROKU confirming that reversal technical yesterday
cptthunder
I'm away from my computer so could someone tell me what the ATR is for GOOGL
Thinking of some early lotto time
Thanks!
FJ43
cptthunder said:

Thanks!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Of course tic has a gold couch...
cptthunder
FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Thanks!

Thanks! Looks like that is close to the 21 EMA also, if we get close might pull the trigger on some Sept17 2900C
mazag08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

mazag08 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

PLTR on breakout watch...

I have October $30 calls.

You might get in the money today. Feels like it's about to rip
It has a gap to fill starting at $30.44 which lines up perfectly with a cup completion dating back to February 22.. up to $31.34 which lines up perfectly with the end of a wave 3 that it's currently in. Wave 3's are almost always the biggest which explains the sudden impulse.
Brewmaster
AG
2.45 mil share buy on TSLA around 9 am central. Yowza!
BrokeAssAggie
Just got rejected hard at $28.70
FJ43
cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Thanks!

Thanks! Looks like that is close to the 21 EMA also, if we get close might pull the trigger on some Sept17 2900C
21EMA & ATR mean are really close to one another. It is one you can use for quick check.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

SoTXAg09
AG
Technical gurus have any thoughts on APPS? Looks to be showing some relative strength this week, EMAs look to be lining up, may be primed for a move up?
mazag08
AG
I feel very strongly that this is a good spot to buy October or November $72.5 GILD calls. I think the next move will be fairly impulsive after a buildup that should last through tomorrow. Target is $75-$76.

I'm already net free on October $72.50 after yesterday's move. But I'm going to buy more if we hold over $70.79 today and tomorrow.

And definitely buy at least 4. Take profit multiple times on the way up and plan to go net free with 1 or 2 left in the bag.
mazag08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Just got rejected hard at $28.70
It needed to cool off for a second. Rest of the day will likely be sideways chop. Might dup a little lower. But it's definitely going to $30. I's be very surprised if it doesn't
Spoony Love
AG
It feels weird to be done for the day, but I stuck to a plan on three plays today. Took a loss at the beginning due to bad timing.

Recouped and reentered a different position on the same stock and made back some of the loss.

The other two plays hit and more than covered the loss in the morning.

The three I played were MSFT, NUE, RTX. Chances are I could risk it and wait it out for more gains but this is where I have been losing lately. Small positions so there is no room to leave a runner. Just placing a percentage goal and getting out when it get's there. Only needed a trail stop for one so I wouldn't turn green to red. Learning the discipline of sticking to a plan is good advice from this board. Wanted a 20% gain today and ended with 21%.

And it's 10:30 and I hit my goal for the day. Now to sit back and watch my other position move. Hopefully it stays green. Back to work.
cptthunder
FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Thanks!

21EMA & ATR mean are really close to one another. It is one you can use for quick check.
Thats good to see called out. Ive stared at those on the same chart for probably a month now and that never clicked
H-town ag
AG
ELOX with some volume and move!
BrokeAssAggie
Agree
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
slacker00 said:

Aggie118 said:

Anyone remember what the target prices to sell were for $DNN and $ELOX?
My original notes for ELOX say:
going for net free by 2.50
PT at 4.50
Sell CC on spike to $2 or >

I seem to think I have seen a lower PT since then but I didn't write anything down.

Guessing Oa1 will say those 6/15 buyers of 13M shares in the low to mid 2s are still holding and probably not planning to take a loss
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

I went in bigger than I probably should have on this. It's holding right around where I bought GDX calls. Just get back to yesterday's low and I feel good about it.
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

It feels weird to be done for the day, but I stuck to a plan on three plays today. Took a loss at the beginning due to bad timing.

Recouped and reentered a different position on the same stock and made back some of the loss.

The other two plays hit and more than covered the loss in the morning.

The three I played were MSFT, NUE, RTX. Chances are I could risk it and wait it out for more gains but this is where I have been losing lately. Small positions so there is no room to leave a runner. Just placing a percentage goal and getting out when it get's there. Only needed a trail stop for one so I wouldn't turn green to red. Learning the discipline of sticking to a plan is good advice from this board. Wanted a 20% gain today and ended with 21%.

And it's 10:30 and I hit my goal for the day. Now to sit back and watch my other position move. Hopefully it stays green. Back to work.
We like to call this the "Porch Beer Execution" as in "you executed, so now it's time to sit on the porch with beers".

Nice job.

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold my last TSLA 745/750/755 today. I really wanted to leave a runner but I was already over 4x and wanted to take it. I need all the dubs I can get these days. I will buy back in if it shoots up or down.

I took profit on my SPX call spreads yesterday and am glad. Today I sold Oct 1 4400/4300 put spreads around 10am central. Looking good so far. I'll be quick to take profit before the worm turns. I still think we'll close above 4450 this week, but max pain is 4400 based on what SW4GGY has for the SPY.
FJ43
How's it going crew?

I haven't posted many setups or ideas the past 7-10 days as I am focusing intraday on only a very few a day and SPY. Scalps is all and quick in and outs.

Not comfortable posting setups only to have them fail with these markets. If not executed perfectly they can quickly turn which they have on me one too many times the past few weeks.

Once we get confirmation one way or the other I will get some posted to play....up or down. Not a big fan of absolutes that the market is going to do this or that so I will just let it tell me what it will do first.

Lotto idea if the markets hold could be MSFT 305C. MSFT could lead if so.

Spoony Love
AG
This was the play that loss with bad timing this morning. Maybe I can get my revenge tomorrow with a lotto.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

This was the play that loss with bad timing this morning. Maybe I can get my revenge tomorrow with a lotto.
I went in at .37 and set trailing stops when it hit 20%. I am just doing lotto size here on this. Might hold some over for lotto Friday depending if my trail triggers or not.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Thanks!

I went ahead and took a couple of these at 1.4, thinking about taking my 30% and going home
Edit: shoulda coulda woulda
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
zwhag2010 said:

$OPAD

Wow. OA1 goalpost trade I got in at 10.75 it dropped to the 9s and last couple of days has rocketed. Playing with small account I rode to 15.50 for 44% gain

Thanks OA1!

Edit: at 16.15 now
I sold yesterday when it hit $13 because I thought it was overvalued and ignored the gamma squeeze play that WSB was pumping. Could have turned my $16k profit into $50k had I stayed in it till today and sold at $20, but I guess I should just be happy I was green on that deal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tlepoC
AG
Good lord $ASAN
H-town ag
AG
H-town ag said:

ELOX with some volume and move!
LET'S GO!
FJ43

For all of your files....

SPX

I went ahead and extended SPX out to include the next few Monthly OpEx dates. Those are the blue vertical lines/dates.

I also extended the 50EMA trend manually - blue EMA line.

Assuming we get back on trend maybe this helps you plan accordingly.

One thing to notice this round which causes me to pause....the pattern this month. It has not been the same pattern as most all prior periods.

If we pop tomorrow or Monday then ok....if not....IMO whoops.

SF2004
AG
FJ43 said:

For all of your files....

SPX

I went ahead and extended SPX out to include the next few Monthly OpEx dates. Those are the blue vertical lines/dates.

I also extended the 50EMA trend manually - blue EMA line.

Assuming we get back on trend maybe this helps you plan accordingly.

One thing to notice this round which causes me to pause....the pattern this month. It has not been the same pattern as most all prior periods.

If we pop tomorrow or Monday then ok....if not....IMO whoops.

I told you I broke your bicycle with my Oct 21 SPY calls.

I am sorry.
BaylorSpineGuy
What's different this month? How long it takes to recapture the 21 EMA? Number of down days leading into/including OpEx week?

Thanks as always for your insightful posts.
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

What's different this month? How long it takes to recapture the 21 EMA? Number of down days leading into/including OpEx week?

Thanks as always for your insightful posts.
This month has had 4-5 days of basing/flagging vs the violent down and pivot we have typically seen. This has been grinding with neither side 'in control'.

You could chalk it up to Quad Witch but the prior QTR (June) reacted the same any typical Monthly OpEx.

FJ43
FJ43 said:

How's it going crew?

I haven't posted many setups or ideas the past 7-10 days as I am focusing intraday on only a very few a day and SPY. Scalps is all and quick in and outs.

Not comfortable posting setups only to have them fail with these markets. If not executed perfectly they can quickly turn which they have on me one too many times the past few weeks.

Once we get confirmation one way or the other I will get some posted to play....up or down. Not a big fan of absolutes that the market is going to do this or that so I will just let it tell me what it will do first.

Lotto idea if the markets hold could be MSFT 305C. MSFT could lead if so.

MSFT pre lotto popped.

.37 to .50 now.

First Page Last Page
Page 4465 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.